CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip and DELL Latitude D620

I try IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip on my Dell D620 running iatkos with success full. The slot CardBus is running and I can use a D-Link DGE-660Td network buscard RG45.

I try too with the same Dell D620 running Kalyway 10.5.1. CardBus OK and D-Link DGE-660TD is running well. I try too update Kalyway 10.5.2. Cardbus not running anymore.

Many Thanks

IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip and DELL Latitude D620

I try IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip on my Dell D620 running iatkos with success full. The slot CardBus is running and I can use a D-Link DGE-660Td network buscard RG45.

I try too with the same Dell D620 running Kalyway 10.5.1. CardBus OK and D-Link DGE-660TD is running well. I try too update Kalyway 10.5.2. Cardbus not running anymore.

Many Thanks

Sure, you have to re-install IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip to get it running...

PS: IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip is for Leo 10.5.2 only!

PS: IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip is for Leo 10.5.2 only!

Actually I am not sure if IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip is for Leo 10.5.2 only, I ran it under 10.5.1 and it also worked. (Latitude D620) whats up with this :( laptop, so many have it, I am stuck with it because of school....they make us lease it.

Oh well

is rev8 posted on 1st page supposed to be 10.5.2 only?

i try with zephyroth 10.5.1 and i get kernel panic, will post screenshot soon

my card is Ricoh RLC 475, should be workin, right?

it was working on tiger 10.4.9 using driver from this thread, if it's any help

hey, I tried ref 8 but when I replace the two kexts and reboot there is a panic: "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n'@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.0.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPLatformExpert.cpp:1378"

:wacko:

edit: also running 10.5.1 .. card is ricoh 475

hey, I tried ref 8 but when I replace the two kexts and reboot there is a panic: "unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n'@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.0.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPLatformExpert.cpp:1378"

:wacko:

The error looks very similar to the one I had when I hadn't repaired permissions. Look back a few posts and the kind people on here explain how to try and restore your backed up kext (if you backed them up or restore the original one's from the installation dvd)

:blowup:

edit: also running 10.5.1 .. card is ricoh 475

yes this is also the error i've got. same case

The error looks very similar to the one I had when I hadn't repaired permissions. Look back a few posts and the kind people on here explain how to try and restore your backed up kext (if you backed them up or restore the original one's from the installation dvd)

so i guess Ricoh 475 isn't supported or what? how do you finally get it working?

yes this is also the error i've got. same case

so i guess Ricoh 475 isn't supported or what? how do you finally get it working?

Hi sdonner and nchellzz,

It seems like a file permission problem. Try to boot with your installation DVD and go to terminal to check the file permiission.

Check the post #442 and #448 on this topic. Maybe it will help you know how to do it.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1036&st=440

(Thank Kizwan and Mariusz for the posts)

Chun-Nan

Anyone want to tell me specifically what I would type into terminal to move my IPOCCardfamily.kext from my iAtkos DVD back to the main system, since it gave me a kernel panic.

Hi FujitsuFreak,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy with my school work and other stuff.

Check the post #442 and #448 on this topic. Maybe it will help you know how to do it.

Chun-Nan

So to confirm, I need to run sudo -s kextload /IOPCCardFamily.kext each time I boot until a fix is found.

Hi spadge,

I am still looking for the solution to it......

BTW, do you know what chip your pccard controller have? (Is it TI chip?) Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hey Chun-Nan,

I have been following this thread for some time and am currently using rev 8. I am having the exact same problem as spadge with the firewire. My pccard controller is using the TI chip. Just thought it might help. Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

Hi sdonner and nchellzz,

It seems like a file permission problem. Try to boot with your installation DVD and go to terminal to check the file permiission.

Chun-Nan

i use kext helper to install both files (i need both or just one? which one?), and then i repair permissions using "diskutil repairpermissions /", then reboot

still got kernel panic

but now instead of "IOPCCardBridge::start failed" it says that IOPCCardBridge detecting a Ricoh xxx475 now (just before it's panicking)

what should i do?

and post 442 & 448 are mainly about making backup..

and can you guys tell me exactly how to restore the backup file?

i try this from the boot dvd:

sudo -s

cd /Volumes/Leopard

cp -r /users/nchellzz/Desktop/backup/IOPCFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions

but it says something like the one in extensions folder are read only??

i try this from the boot dvd:

sudo -s

cd /Volumes/Leopard

cp -r /users/nchellzz/Desktop/backup/IOPCFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions

but it says something like the one in extensions folder are read only??

Hi,

The correct way is should be like this:-

# cd /Volumes/Leopard

# cp -R Users/nchellzz/Desktop/backup/IOPCFamily.kext System/Library/Extensions/

or

# cp -R /Volumes/Leopard/Users/nchellzz/Desktop/backup/IOPCFamily.kext /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

When you boot with installation DVD, your installed leopard is mounted under /Volumes/Leopard

Please remember to clear your kext cache after that:-

# rm -r /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

Good luck. :)

this causes a kp for me.

used rev8, and replaced the files at the same time.

edit: i restored the backup file in this way:

cd /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"

cp -R Users/MJ/Desktop/IOPCIFamily.kext System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R Users/MJ/Desktop/IOPCCardFamily.kext System/Library/Extensions/

# rm -r /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

so please, put this on the first post of the topic!

MJ

Hi Chuan , my dmesg (Aspire 3682)

EDIT: I use IOPCIFamily152beta, which enables my Marvell) , http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87592

If i use IOPCIFamily of REV8 with IOPCCard REV i get Kernelpanic, loading the Marvel driver at boottime.

is it possible to pack an complete Package IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_revX, which includes all depended .kexts ?

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.22

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe:

IOPCCard info: TI XX12 rev 00 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0x80110000 virt mem 0x34088000

IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [serial pci & irq] [pci irq 20] [lat 49/4] [bus 2/2]

IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes

amiacer:~ ami$ lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)

01:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

01:09.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

amiacer:~ ami$ lspci -n

01:09.0 0607: 104c:8039

01:09.2 0180: 104c:803b

must there be not 4 parts/devices listed ?!

aktivating the SD Cardreaderslot didnt work

amiacer:~ ami$ sudo setpci -s 01:09.2 4c.b=0x02

.. nothing happens

(in dmesg:

LSPCIUserClient: Client successfully started.

LSPCIUserClient: Client successfully closed) after setpci command

QUESTION:

My Acer is shown as Mac Pro , MacPro3,1

Can this be the problem,because ist not the default (ADP2,1) value ?

Is using rev8 (first post) .kexts enough or do i need some other .kext?

PCI TOOLS for darwin (lspci, setpci) :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S0J6J7FF

Hi my dmesg (Aspire 3682)

EDIT: I use IOPCIFamily152beta, which enables my Marvell) , http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87592

If i use IOPCIFamily of REV8 with IOPCCard REV i get Kernelpanic, loading the Marvel driver at boottime.

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.22

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard info: TI XX12 rev 00 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0x80110000 virt mem 0x34088000

IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [serial pci & irq] [pci irq 20] [lat 49/4] [bus 2/2]

IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes

amiacer:~ ami$ lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)

01:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

01:09.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

amiacer:~ ami$ lspci -n

01:09.0 0607: 104c:8039

01:09.2 0180: 104c:803b

must there be not 4 parts/devices listed ?!

aktivating the SD Cardreaderslot didnt work

amiacer:~ ami$ sudo setpci -s 01:09.2 4c.b=0x02

.. nothing happens

(in dmesg:

LSPCIUserClient: Client successfully closed) after setpci command

QUESTION:

My Acer is shown as Mac Pro , MacPro3,1

Can this be the problem,because ist not the default (ADP2,1) value ?

Is using rev8 (first post) .kexts enough or do i need some other .kext?

PCI TOOLS for darwin (lspci, setpci) :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S0J6J7FF

Hi mitch_de,

I have installed the package and lspci shows my devices but setpci -s 01:09.2 4c.b=0x02 does not change anything. I think OSX does not have driver to handle this device.

------EDIT---------

Here is the linux driver source for it http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml...x12/xx21_driver and some wiki http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml...2Fxx21%20driver

Regards,

Mariusz.

Edited by Mariusz

Hi All,

I tried Rev 8 of Chun-nan's modified Kexts on my IBM X31 laptop. I got this output. Any ideas? Thanks. Jim

sudo dmesg | grep PC

Password:

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=2 yenta=2)

IOPCCard notice: Bad bridge mapping at 0xc0201000!

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

IOPCCard notice: AdjustResourceInfo: Unknown error code 0xffffffff

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 552 PCI now active, GUID 00061b031004c70b; max speed s400.

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRIM@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/IC25N040ATMR04-0 IC25N040ATMR04-0/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2

to Mariuz:

LSPCIUserClient: Client successfully closed)

after sudo setpci -s 01:09.2 4c.b=0x02 command means , that setpci did work (LSPCIUserClient is output from the .kext of the pciutil) , but i think something isnt available, because normally this Cardbus with SD Multireader has 4 devices,

mine only 2 shown with lspci.

I think IOPCCard.kext und IOPCIFamily with other Apple.kext is an comlex area.

What SMSBIOS , IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip or IOPCI form Cardbus REV 8 are you using and is it shown (Systemprofiler as MacPro or ADP2,1 ?)

to Mariuz:

LSPCIUserClient: Client successfully closed)

after sudo setpci -s 01:09.2 4c.b=0x02 command means , that setpci did work (LSPCIUserClient is output from the .kext of the pciutil) , but i think something isnt available, because normally this Cardbus with SD Multireader has 4 devices,

mine only 2 shown with lspci.

I think IOPCCard.kext und IOPCIFamily with other Apple.kext is an comlex area.

What SMSBIOS , IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta.zip or IOPCI form Cardbus REV 8 are you using and is it shown (Systemprofiler as MacPro or ADP2,1 ?)

Hi mitch_de,

mine shows 4 of them, so looks good.

SMBIOS is latest from mac.nub, IOPCIFamily is from Chun-Nan's rev8. Last time SysProfiler showed Tecra A7, but I have to recheck again.

------EDIT-------

System Profiler says (I've translated names so it may vary from original ones):

Name:	Mac
 Id:	TECRA A7
 Processor:	Intel Core Duo
 Processor speed:	1.66 GHz
 Processors:	1
 Cores:	2
 Cache L2:	2  MB
 Memory:	2  GB
 Bus Speed:	100 MHz

Regards,

Mariusz.

Edited by Mariusz

Hi sdonner and nchellzz,

Chun-Nan

Hey Chun-Nan!

Restoring the original kexts is clear but the question is how to install the kexts correctly (diskutil repairpermissions / or diskutil repairpermissions "Name-of-Disk" doesn't work).

Any help would be great!

And do wo need to install 10.5.2 for Rev8?

Thanks!

sdonner

Hi,

"Hi mitch_de,

mine shows 4 of them, so looks good.

SMBIOS is latest from mac.nub, IOPCIFamily is from Chun-Nan's rev8. Last time SysProfiler showed Tecra A7, but I have to recheck again.

------EDIT-------"

My problem is, that using IPCIFamily is from Chun-Nan's rev8 together with my Marvell Ethernet .kext i get an kernel panic on boot.

I must use the other IPCIFamily from Chun-Nan (thread Marvell, some IOPciFamlily152.beta.

I will try it again with Chun-Nan's rev8 combo (IOPCCard+IOPCIFamili) and disabling (changing ID in kext) my marvell.

Can it also be any dependency to AppleAHCI, AppleACPI.kext ?