CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

Compiled kext from Common Sense gave me a kernel panic.

hi dmytro,

make sure that you use the boot options -f -v after installing the kexts. this option (the -f) rebuilds your extentions cache. it fixed the kernel panic for me.

cheers

elchile

Have tried all combinations of:

rev6,7 IOPCI/PCCARD and Native IOPCIFamily. As in native vanilla unmodified.

Note the have tried IOPCI r6 r7.

I'll give a few of the test versions a shot, and have a look at the sourcecode.

What about Common Sense's driver?

As I see you ask about SCSI. An hour ago I encounter the same problem and found that Apple's opensource IOSCSIFamily can be easy compiled.

Hi guys,

I have updated rev8 of IOPCIFamily and IOPCCardFamily.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036

In this revision, I have rewritten the way of fixing pccard related bridge and resources. If you are using other revisions, please update to rev8.

Let me know the result if possible. Again, don't forget to backup your original file before trying it. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

[KNOWN ISSUE]

It probably still won't work with AGPGart.

If having the problems with firewire device, you probably need to kextload iopccardfamily manually. (make sure iopccardfamily is loaded after iofirewirefamily)

Hi guys,

In this revision, I have rewritten the way of fixing pccard related bridge and resources. If you are using other revisions, please update to rev8.

Let me know the result if possible. Again, don't forget to backup your original file before trying it. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

[KNOWN ISSUE]

If having the problems with firewire device, you probably need to kextload iopccardfamily manually. (make sure iopccardfamily is loaded after iofirewirefamily)

hi chun-nan

here is my dmesg of it:

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
64 bit mode enabled
Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Wed Oct 31 17:46:22 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228.0.2~1/RELEASE_I386
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
vm_page_bootstrap: 513690 free pages and 10598 wired pages
mig_table_max_displ = 79
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)
Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall
Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt
calling mpo_policy_init for mb
Seatbelt MACF policy initialized
Security policy loaded: Seatbelt Policy (mb)
Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.mbinit: done
Security auditing service present
BSM auditing present

Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
AppleACPIPS2Nub startup complete
From path: "uuid", 
Waiting for boot volume with UUID F4EDFD34-C9E7-3FF1-A157-8A7E8C92493B
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
PCI configuration changed (BUS free=1 needed=2 added=1)
PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=1 yenta=2)
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe: 
IOPCCard notice:   Bad bridge mapping at 0xd0401000!
not found.
IOPCCardBridge::start failed
IOPCCard notice: AdjustResourceInfo: Unknown error code 0xffffffff
FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1217 ID f7 PCI now active, GUID 009fc0001a119e00; max speed s400.
Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/USB7@1D,7/AppleUSBEHCI/NOONTEC USB Storage@fd410000/MSC Bulk-Only Transfer@0/IOUSBMassStorageClass/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00/IOBlockStorageServices/IOBlockStorageDriver/Maxtor 6 AD1G Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1
BSD root: disk1s1, major 14, minor 3

this one with the firewire pcmcia card plugged in:

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000
PAE enabled
64 bit mode enabled
Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Wed Oct 31 17:46:22 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228.0.2~1/RELEASE_I386
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
vm_page_bootstrap: 513690 free pages and 10598 wired pages
mig_table_max_displ = 79
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled
AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=1 Enabled
Loading security extension com.apple.security.TMSafetyNet
calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet
Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.
Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.PCI configuration changed (BUS free=1 needed=2 added=1)
PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=1 yenta=2)

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.mbinit: done
BSM auditing present

Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
IOPCCard notice:   Bad bridge mapping at 0xd0401000!
not found.
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   O2Micro OZ711MP1/MS1 rev 21
FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1217 ID f7 PCI now active, GUID 009fc0001a119e00; max speed s400.
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 11): vendor 0x104c, device 0x8025
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 11): found 1 functions
IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_config(bus 11)
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xa0004000-0xa00047ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 2: mem 0xa0000000-0xa0003fff
IOPCCard info:     irq 20
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8025 CardBus now active, GUID 000108000000fbf8; max speed s800.
Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no explicit kernel dependency; using version 6.0.
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/USB7@1D,7/AppleUSBEHCI/NOONTEC USB Storage@fd410000/MSC Bulk-Only Transfer@0/IOUSBMassStorageClass/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceNub/IOSCSIPeripheralDeviceType00/IOBlockStorageServices/IOBlockStorageDriver/Maxtor 6 AD1G Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

alf error is still present, so kp with lan.

smartcard reader has memory error.

i've done some test, and the firewire issues are not solved yet.

but i've noticed a thing and maybe will help you to solve the problem.

seems the internal firewire has priority if used simultaneously with pcmcia card, so i connected hdd and dvcam to check the max speed of each device.

1st try:

pcmcia firewire (ti 8025) with fw 800 hdd, connected with max speed 400

internal firewire (02micro) with fw 800 hdd, connected with max speed 400

2nd try:

pcmcia firewire (ti 8025) with fw 800 hdd, connected with max speed 400.

internal firewire (02micro) with dvcam, max speed 100 (dvcam has capture probs but that's another story).

as soon i connect the camera on internal firewire, the max speed of pcmcia changes from 400 to 100

3rd try:

pcmcia firewire (ti 8025) with dvcam, connected (and working) with max speed 400

4rd try both on pcmcia device:

dvcam connected (and working) with max speed 100

fw hdd 800, connected with max speed 400.

so, seems max speed of pcmcia slot has a slave dependency of internal firewire (which has max speed at 400),no matter if internal firewire is not connected to any device, its max speed is 400, and whole set of device plugged into the pcmcia card have 400 as max speed.

as soon the internal firewire change the max speed,which is the case if a dcvam is connected, also the pcmcia change its max value to 100.

i don't have the chance now to connect 2 cams on both firewire (i can do it tomorrow at work if needed), to check if pcmcia with dvcam with max speed at 400, drop it to 100 if another dvcam is connected to the internal firewire.

chun-nan, if you need some ioreg i can dump it using ioregistryexplorer so you can have a deeper look. maybe doing 2 dumps, 1st one with dvcam on internal firewire, 2nd one with same cam connected to pcmcia card.

regrads

hi chun-nan

here is my dmesg of it:

this one with the firewire pcmcia card plugged in:

alf error is still present, so kp with lan.

smartcard reader has memory error.

i've done some test, and the firewire issues are not solved yet.

but i've noticed a thing and maybe will help you to solve the problem.

seems the internal firewire has priority if used simultaneously with pcmcia card, so i connected hdd and dvcam to check the max speed of each device.

1st try:

pcmcia firewire (ti 8025) with fw 800 hdd, connected with max speed 400

2nd try:

pcmcia firewire (ti 8025) with fw 800 hdd, connected with max speed 400.

internal firewire (02micro) with dvcam, max speed 100 (dvcam has capture probs but that's another story).

as soon i connect the camera on internal firewire, the max speed of pcmcia changes from 400 to 100

3rd try:

pcmcia firewire (ti 8025) with dvcam, connected (and working) with max speed 400

4rd try both on pcmcia device:

dvcam connected (and working) with max speed 100

fw hdd 800, connected with max speed 400.

so, seems max speed of pcmcia slot has a slave dependency of internal firewire (which has max speed at 400),no matter if internal firewire is not connected to any device, its max speed is 400, and whole set of device plugged into the pcmcia card have 400 as max speed.

as soon the internal firewire change the max speed,which is the case if a dcvam is connected, also the pcmcia change its max value to 100.

i don't have the chance now to connect 2 cams on both firewire (i can do it tomorrow at work if needed), to check if pcmcia with dvcam with max speed at 400, drop it to 100 if another dvcam is connected to the internal firewire.

chun-nan, if you need some ioreg i can dump it using ioregistryexplorer so you can have a deeper look. maybe doing 2 dumps, 1st one with dvcam on internal firewire, 2nd one with same cam connected to pcmcia card.

regrads

Hi snam11,

Thanks for the information. It seems that the max speed of internal firewire really limited the max speed of pccard firewire. What is the max speed of internal firewire on other OS system (windows or linux)?

Is it possible for you to turn off internal firewire on your machine and test the max speed of pccard firewire?

Chun-Nan

Hi guys,

Chun-Nan

[KNOWN ISSUE]

Hi Chun-Nan,

rev8 works like rev7+test18 (i have to manually load IOPCCardFamily), here are dmsgs:

with IOPCCard inside Extensions:

IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   TI XX12 rev 00
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 00080da0d13f83df; max speed s400.
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 8): vendor 0x1106, device 0x3038
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 8): found 3 functions
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_config(bus 8)
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 2: mem 0xa0004000-0xa00040ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 5: io 0x120-0x13f
IOPCCard info:     fn 1 bar 2: mem 0xa0003000-0xa00030ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 1 bar 5: io 0x100-0x11f
IOPCCard info:     fn 2 bar 1: mem 0xa0002000-0xa00020ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 2 bar 2: mem 0xa0001000-0xa00010ff
IOPCCard info:     irq 18
IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 1 to card services.
IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 2 to card services.

and without (manual load):

FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 803a PCI now active, GUID 00080da0d13f83df; max speed s400.
Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/TOSHIBA MK1237GSX Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 3@3
BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 2
IOPCCard info:   Intel PCIC probe:   TI XX12 rev 00
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 8): vendor 0x1106, device 0x3038
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 8): found 3 functions
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_config(bus 8)
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 2: mem 0xa0004000-0xa00040ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 5: io 0x120-0x13f
IOPCCard info:     fn 1 bar 2: mem 0xa0003000-0xa00030ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 1 bar 5: io 0x100-0x11f
IOPCCard info:     fn 2 bar 1: mem 0xa0002000-0xa00020ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 2 bar 2: mem 0xa0001000-0xa00010ff
IOPCCard info:     irq 18
IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 1 to card services.
IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 2 to card services.

Regards,

Mariusz.

>> What IOPCIFamily are you using?

Have tried all combinations of:

rev6,7 IOPCI/PCCARD and Native IOPCIFamily. As in native vanilla unmodified.

But at this stage, no tests. Try rev8 now that it's out.

The Rev7 (No PCCard) didn't panic my system, but half my devices desappeared because of the old Tiger Enumeration issue.

Got details on this? I don't think anyone else has seen devices disappear - which Leopard release did you install, and how many tiger kexts have you polluted it with? (Polluted is the correct term - you should work to have as much working as possible without falling back to tiger kexts).

>>Can you take a picture of the panic with rev7 IOPCCardFamily AND IOPCIFamily ?

No, my only camera is the one on my watch and the resolution isn't high enough to read.

D'oh.

>> You do _NOT_ need to modify any parts of them at all (as it says in the first post..).

Well, that's great if you have a system that reports it's model ID as "ADP2,1" - But mine doesn't. It reports as "LIFEBOOK T4210". I tried the unmodified Rev6, Rev7. Nothing. So I tweaked it with my ID and IO/Mem ranges. STILL nothing.

No, you really do NOT need to modify the plist. It automatically handles that. Restore the plist to Chun-Nan's stock - it's probably why you didn't have working PCCard.

>> What IOPCIFamily are you using normally?

Apple's.

What devices do you have with apples that you don't with Chun-Nan's?

More interested in the results from rev8.

EqUaTe

Hi snam11,

Thanks for the information. It seems that the max speed of internal firewire really limited the max speed of pccard firewire. What is the max speed of internal firewire on other OS system (windows or linux)?

Is it possible for you to turn off internal firewire on your machine and test the max speed of pccard firewire?

Chun-Nan

hi chun-nan,

max speed of internal firewire is 400, is a stadard dv port.

unfortunately that crappy phoenix bios won't let me do a thing, i can barely change the boot order of devices so i cannot switch off the internal firewire.

as i told you before, rev5 works good with my pcmcia, and now i'm thinking it works fine because internal firewire with that release is not working (ohci error).

without internal firewire "limitations" pcmcia slot works at max speed/capability.

from rev 6 up to latest internal firewire is detected so pcmcia is limited to 400.

regards

p.s.were my lan attachments any good?

I found that Tiger sources is not good enough. Big difference with Leo sources in saveBridgeState where AGPGart is crashed.

So I continue to work with Leo sources.

To compile it enter EditProjectSettings and choose SDK

>> Got details on this? I don't think anyone else has seen devices disappear - which Leopard

>> release did you install, and how many tiger kexts have you polluted it with? (Polluted is the

>> correct term - you should work to have as much working as possible without falling back to

>> tiger kexts).

I have no Tiger kexts. The issue was seen on Tiger and not on Leopard (iATKOS updated).

>> No, you really do NOT need to modify the plist. It automatically handles that. Restore the plist

>> to Chun-Nan's stock - it's probably why you didn't have working PCCard.

But like I said, I tried the original R6, r7. Will leave r8 stock first try, like I did r6, r7.

>> What devices do you have with apples that you don't with Chun-Nan's?

Two PCI-Cardbus bridges and an Airport card.

>> More interested in the results from rev8.

Will let you know when I've tested it.

Hi Slice,

I just tried your package --- I complied it for Leo, but it is still not working and it brakes my display output. --- when booting I just get to see the console, the graphical environment does not come up anymore after the installation. (using an Intel 945 on a dell d600)

I'm attaching the dmesgs'

thanks

elchile

I found that Tiger sources is not good enough. Big difference with Leo sources in saveBridgeState where AGPGart is crashed.

So I continue to work with Leo sources.

To compile it enter EditProjectSettings and choose SDK

dmesg.txt

Hi Slice,

I just tried your package --- I complied it for Leo, but it is still not working and it brakes my display output. --- when booting I just get to see the console, the graphical environment does not come up anymore after the installation. (using an Intel 945 on a dell d600)

I'm attaching the dmesgs'

thanks

elchile

I also tried to compile it with this .xcodeproj and got AppleACPI... error. I dunno what is it. And file size=160kb.

I compile it with tiger's .xcodeproj and file size become 1Mb. All is working. Strange :blink:

What are the dependencies?

As I previously said I always clear configurations in BIOS when change IOPCIFamily, else dark screen.

Next time normal boot.

Small file again!?

Yes, but its almost exactly the same size as chun-nans version when unpacked so its probably correct. I don't know why there is a difference in size between the one I compiled and yours, any idea why it differs?I didn't manage to get agp working with this version but everything else works exactly as it always have done so no other problelms except for agp and maybe firewire, can't test it since I have no firewire devices. Do you feel like you know where the problem with agp lies or are you still testing to find out?

I also tried to compile it with this .xcodeproj and got AppleACPI... error. I dunno what is it. And file size=160kb.I compile it with tiger's .xcodeproj and file size become 1Mb. All is working. Strange :blink:

What are the dependencies?As I previously said I always clear configurations in BIOS when change IOPCIFamily, else dark screen.Next time normal boot.

So you have AGP working now? For me AGP always worked in Tiger and gave a nice performance boost as well as a fast UI but there was occisional slowdowns which indicated that it wasn't perfect.When I installed your IOPCIFamily I had to use these flags to boot: -s -x -legacy -f -v and remove extensions.mkext even though I previously removed it before exiting leopard, the cache generated by Leopard upon exit apperantly wasn't good.

hi chun-nan,

max speed of internal firewire is 400, is a stadard dv port.

unfortunately that crappy phoenix bios won't let me do a thing, i can barely change the boot order of devices so i cannot switch off the internal firewire.

as i told you before, rev5 works good with my pcmcia, and now i'm thinking it works fine because internal firewire with that release is not working (ohci error).

without internal firewire "limitations" pcmcia slot works at max speed/capability.

from rev 6 up to latest internal firewire is detected so pcmcia is limited to 400.

regards

p.s.were my lan attachments any good?

Hi snam11,

I have checked the dmesg files for ethernet but they are very different from each other.

I would like to know the following things:

1. Did 10.4.1 work on your Leopard?

2. Did 10.5.1 work on your Leopard?

3. Did 10.4.1 with rev8 iopcifamily cause kernel panic?

4. Did 10.5.1 with rev8 iopcifamily cause kernel panic?

About firewire and pccard, I don't know the exact reason right now but I will keep looking for it. So does the smartcard reader.

About ALF error, can you let know what other kexts have you replaced for your machine beside iopccardfamily and iopcifamily? Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

I just tried rev7 on my Dell d620, but it didn't work.

My d620 has a O2 Micro, Inc. OZ601/6912/711E0

As I can see from the source code (o2micro.h) a simily O2 Card is supported:

"O2Micro OZ6912/711E0", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 6912) },

I guess that mine is not recognized, becuase it does not match exactly.

I don't have a kernel-development environment setup under leopard, so is it possible, that you compile a version that supports my specs?

Thanks for your help...

Hi elchile,

If you have replaced some kexts to make your pccard work before, you probably need to find out what kexts you replaced and restored those kexts to original ones.

If you have AGPGart installed on your machine, you need to remove it before trying rev8 or it will cause system hang or kernel panic.

If you dont' have AGPGart installed on your machine, show me your dmesg under singleuser mode or even take a picture of it if possible.

Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Dear Chun-Nan,

Yes same problem here for Latitude D620

here attached is dmesg of your test13 IOPCIFamily and I used IOPCCardFamily.kext from rev7

also lspci output from darwin port.

Do you think it is fixable? I see that it sits on "6972" not 6912

I hope an expert like you may fix it. :rolleyes:

Hi Dmytro,

Have you tried rev8 to see if your pccard works?

If you have tried rev8 and it still didn't work, please tried test18 and show me the full dmesg under the singleuser mode if possible.

Thanks.

Chun-Nan

>> Got details on this? I don't think anyone else has seen devices disappear - which Leopard

>> release did you install, and how many tiger kexts have you polluted it with? (Polluted is the

>> correct term - you should work to have as much working as possible without falling back to

>> tiger kexts).

I have no Tiger kexts. The issue was seen on Tiger and not on Leopard (iATKOS updated).

>> No, you really do NOT need to modify the plist. It automatically handles that. Restore the plist

>> to Chun-Nan's stock - it's probably why you didn't have working PCCard.

But like I said, I tried the original R6, r7. Will leave r8 stock first try, like I did r6, r7.

>> What devices do you have with apples that you don't with Chun-Nan's?

Two PCI-Cardbus bridges and an Airport card.

>> More interested in the results from rev8.

Will let you know when I've tested it.

Hi Ferret-Simpson,

Only replacing iopccardfamily won't work because the problem is on the iopcifamily. You need to replace both iopcifamily and iopccardfamily at this moment. Have you tried rev8 to see if your pccard works?

If you have tried rev8 and it still didn't work, please tried test18 and show me the full dmesg under the singleuser mode if possible.

Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi snam11,

I have checked the dmesg files for ethernet but they are very different from each other.

I would like to know the following things:

1. Did 10.4.1 work on your Leopard?

2. Did 10.5.1 work on your Leopard?

3. Did 10.4.1 with rev8 iopcifamily cause kernel panic?

4. Did 10.5.1 with rev8 iopcifamily cause kernel panic?

About firewire and pccard, I don't know the exact reason right now but I will keep looking for it. So does the smartcard reader.

About ALF error, can you let know what other kexts have you replaced for your machine beside iopccardfamily and iopcifamily? Thanks.

Chun-Nan

hi chun-nan

10.4.1 kext won't load on leopard (superclass error) and also with rev8 (same superclass error).

if i manually load the kext -t:

kextload: extension appleintel8254xethernet.kext appears to be loadable

23AppleIntel8254XEthernet is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension appleintel8254xethernet.kext

link/load failed for extension appleintel8254xethernet.kext

10.5.1 kext on on rev8 doesn't load and i get kp.

the lan works only with 10.4.1.it should work also with other tiger releases, but it won't.i get always kp.

seems if i want to use the lan i'm stucked with 10.4.1

if you need more logs, ioreg or whatever just ask and i'll do what i can.

thnx for the help

hi chun-nan

10.4.1 kext won't load on leopard (superclass error) and also with rev8 (same superclass error).

if i manually load the kext -t:

kextload: extension appleintel8254xethernet.kext appears to be loadable

23AppleIntel8254XEthernet is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension appleintel8254xethernet.kext

link/load failed for extension appleintel8254xethernet.kext

10.5.1 kext on on rev8 doesn't load and i get kp.

the lan works only with 10.4.1.it should work also with other tiger releases, but it won't.i get always kp.

seems if i want to use the lan i'm stucked with 10.4.1

if you need more logs, ioreg or whatever just ask and i'll do what i can.

thnx for the help

Hi snam11,

So it didn't cause any kernel panic with original iopcifamily on both Tiger and Leopard?

I don't have the source code of appleintel8254xethernet so I cannot find out the reason. I have googled the related topic and I found this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...php/t55886.html

It seems that even though you are using the original iopcifamily, it still causes kernel panic on some machines. Any ideas where I found the source code of appleintel8254xethernet?

Chun-Nan

Hi snam11,

So it didn't cause any kernel panic with original iopcifamily on both Tiger and Leopard?

I don't have the source code of appleintel8254xethernet so I cannot find out the reason. I have googled the related topic and I found this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...php/t55886.html

It seems that even though you are using the original iopcifamily, it still causes kernel panic on some machines. Any ideas where I found the source code of appleintel8254xethernet?

Chun-Nan

hi chun-nan

the only original version that works fine and doesn't cause any kernel panic is 10.4.1 (tiger of course), and i mean i need to load osx 10.4.1. kp with all the other version.

i wish i had the source of that kext... atm i only know there is a 3rd party hardware company that makes same lan kind with same range of chipset:

here's the link of their downlad page:

http://www.small-tree.com/Articles.asp?ID=123

i can load kext but the lan still doesn't work (bad memory ranges and maybe more to discover.) i had only the skills to edid the plist and add my id.

thnx again for your help

hi chun-nan

the only original version that works fine and doesn't cause any kernel panic is 10.4.1 (tiger of course), and i mean i need to load osx 10.4.1. kp with all the other version.

i wish i had the source of that kext... atm i only know there is a 3rd party hardware company that makes same lan kind with same range of chipset:

here's the link of their downlad page:

http://www.small-tree.com/Articles.asp?ID=123

i can load kext but the lan still doesn't work (bad memory ranges and maybe more to discover.) i had only the skills to edid the plist and add my id.

thnx again for your help

Hi snam11,

I need to confirm something I found. Please use this IOPCIFamily with rev8 IOPCCardFamily to see if kernel panic still happens. Thanks.

If possible, give me the result of dmesg.

Chun-Nan

IOPCIFamily.snam11.only.zip

===========================

Hi Mariusz,

I haven't found out the reason why IOPCCardFamily needs to be loaded after IOFirewireFamily. It may be due to software(iopcifamily, iopccardfamily) or hardware(TI xx12 chip itself).

If possible, you probably need to load IOPCCardFamily manually till I have found the reason.

Chun-Nan

Hi Kizwan,

About your ethernet, I am still looking for the solution...........

CHun-Nan

Yes, but its almost exactly the same size as chun-nans version when unpacked so its probably correct. I don't know why there is a difference in size between the one I compiled and yours, any idea why it differs?

Probably my version contains codes from kernel.framework explicitly while you make version with external link. It may be a problem with another kernel/system version.

I didn't manage to get agp working with this version but everything else works exactly as it always have done so no other problelms except for agp and maybe firewire, can't test it since I have no firewire devices. Do you feel like you know where the problem with agp lies or are you still testing to find out?

Till now the problem seems me to be unresolvable. AGPGart is a subclass of IOPCIBridge. Fatal dependencies.

I am trying again and again.

So you have AGP working now? For me AGP always worked in Tiger and gave a nice performance boost as well as a fast UI but there was occisional slowdowns which indicated that it wasn't perfect.

No one perfect AGP driver except may be AppleMacRISCPCI but for PPC chipset.

When I installed your IOPCIFamily I had to use these flags to boot: -s -x -legacy -f -v and remove extensions.mkext even though I previously removed it before exiting leopard, the cache generated by Leopard upon exit apperantly wasn't good.

Note! With default IOPCIFamily by Apple we have no any problem with cache.

Hi snam11,

I need to confirm something I found. Please use this IOPCIFamily with rev8 IOPCCardFamily to see if kernel panic still happens. Thanks.

If possible, give me the result of dmesg.

Chun-Nan

IOPCIFamily.snam11.only.zip

no pcmcia with 10.4.1 appleintel kext:

mbinit: done
BSM auditing present
Probing type 0 device class-code 060000 at 0:0:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:1:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 040300 at 0:27:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:1 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:2 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:3 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:4 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:5 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:1 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:2 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:3 [cpu 0]From path: "uuid", 
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0320 at 0:29:7 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060401 at 0:30:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 060100 at 0:31:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 010180 at 0:31:2 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0500 at 0:31:3 [cpu 0]
Probing type 2 device class-code 060700 at 10:9:0 [cpu 0]
    yenta BAR d0400000:1000
    yenta bus b:b I/O 0000:0000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00000000
Probing type 2 device class-code 060700 at 10:9:1 [cpu 0]
    yenta BAR 0:1000
    yenta bus 0:0 I/O 0000:0000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00000000
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0010 at 10:9:4 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 028000 at 5:0:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 020000 at 3:0:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 030000 at 1:0:0 [cpu 0]

Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0
FireWire (OHCI): start - unable to get device memory
jnl: unknown-dev: replay_journal: from: 4865024 to: 5284352 (joffset 0x142000)
jnl: unknown-dev: journal replay done.

firewire pcmcia card with 10.4.1 appleintel kext:

Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:1:0 [cpu 0]Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:3 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:2 [cpu 0]
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:3 [cpu 0]
Probing type 2 device class-code 060700 at 10:9:0 [cpu 0]
    yenta bus 0:0 I/O 0000:0000 MEM 00000000:00000000 PFM 00000000:00000000Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
BSM auditing present
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 11): vendor 0x104c, device 0x8025
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_alloc(bus 11): found 1 functions
IOPCCard info:   cs: cb_config(bus 11)
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xa0004000-0xa00047ff
IOPCCard info:     fn 0 bar 2: mem 0xa0000000-0xa0003fff
IOPCCard info:     irq 20
FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8025 CardBus now active, GUID 000108000000fbf8; max speed s800.

no pcmcia with 10.5.1 appleintel kext:

BSM auditing present

Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:1:0 [cpu 0]
Probing type 1 device class-code 060400 at 0:28:3 [cpu 0]From path: "uuid", 

Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:2 [cpu 0]Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0300 at 0:29:3 [cpu 0]
Probing type 2 device class-code 060700 at 10:9:0 [cpu 0]Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device

jnl: unknown-dev: replay_journal: from: 2357248 to: 3279872 (joffset 0x142000)
jnl: unknown-dev: journal replay done.

with 10.4.1 in safe mode seems the kext is not loaded, booting in standard mode, if i try to manually load the kext, i get the superclass error

with 10.5.1 in safe mode the situation is similar to 10.4.1. if in safe mode if i try to manually load the kext, i get kp. same thing in standard mode.

i've attached the pic of 10.5.1 kp

tryng to boot also another version of vanilla appleintel kext (10.4.10,10.4.8, etc) i get kp too

you think also ionetworkingfamily could be envolved in kp? if it can help you i can attach the whole ionetworkingfamily kesxt from 10.4.1

i've also tested your new ipccardfamily.

this version won't detect interal firewire (ohci error) and smartcard reader.

booting in standard mode it works VERY GOOD. pcmcia slot is working ad full speed, i've connected 2 fw 800 hdd and a dvcam simultaneously.

both disks are connected at 800 and dvcam at 100 (max speed for a dvcam)!!!

so as we thought, the internal firewire has a bad influence on pcmcia slot.

from now on,if internal firewire doesn't work, i can use my pcmcia card,so is not a big deal if you cannot solve the internal firewire issues....

thanx a lot for your help

post-38685-1202515182_thumb.jpg

Hi snam11,

I need to collect information from your machine. Please use this test 19 IOPCIFamily with rev8 IOPCCardFamily. Let me know the dmesg under single user (one dmeg will be enough). Thanks.

Chun-Nan

IOPCIFamily.test19.zip

Hi Mariusz,

Here is the IOPCCardFamily. Please try to load it with rev8 IOPCIFamily at the same time to see if the firewire and pccard work (put both files in the extensions folder). Thanks.

Chun-Nan

IOPCCardFamily.kext.zip

Hi snam11,

I need to collect information from your machine. Please use this test 19 IOPCIFamily with rev8 IOPCCardFamily. Let me know the dmesg under single user (one dmeg will be enough). Thanks.

Chun-Nan

IOPCIFamily.test19.zip

hi chun-nan

dmesg of test19 with pcmcia card plugged in:

state 0
  [20 I/O] 1860:20
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0320 at 0:29:7 [cpu 1]
 state 0
  [10 MEM] d0704000:400
Probing type 1 device class-code 060401 at 0:30:0 [cpu 1]
 state 0
  bridge BAR0 0:0
  bridge BAR1 0:0
   bridge bus a:b I/O 0000:0000 MEM d0400000:00100000 PFM 00000000:00000000
Probing type 0 device class-code 060100 at 0:31:0 [cpu 1]
 state 0
Probing type 0 device class-code 010180 at 0:31:2 [cpu 1]
 state 1
  [10 I/O] 0:8
  [14 I/O] 0:4
  [18 I/O] 0:8
  [1c I/O] 0:4
  [20 I/O] 18b0:10
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0500 at 0:31:3 [cpu 1]
 state 0
  [20 I/O] 18c0:20
Probing type 2 device class-code 060700 at 10:9:0 [cpu 1]
 state 0
   yenta BAR0 d0400000:1000
Probing type 2 device class-code 060700 at 10:9:1 [cpu 1]
 state 1
   yenta BAR0 0:1000
Probing type 0 device class-code 0c0010 at 10:9:4 [cpu 1]
 state 1
  [10 MEM] 0:1000
  [14 MEM] d0403000:800
Probing type 0 device class-code 028000 at 5:0:0 [cpu 1]
 state 1
  [10 MEM] 0:1000
Probing type 0 device class-code 020000 at 3:0:0 [cpu 1]
 state 1
  [10 MEM] 0:20000
  [14 MEM] 0:100000
  [18 I/O] 0:20
Probing type 0 device class-code 030000 at 1:0:0 [cpu 1]
 state 1
  [10 PFM] c0000000:10000000
  [14 I/O] 2000:100
  [18 MEM] d0200000:10000
  [30 MEM] 0:20000
pciBridgeAllocateResource(bus 10, state 0)
Allocating resources on bus 10
 clipped bridge MEM range head to d0401000:ff000 for d0400000:1000 overlap 1000
 MEM: sub-range outside parent range: 0xd0400000:0x1000
 MEM: 3 sub-range limited to 55000 each
 BUS: 1 sub-range limited to 0 each
 MEM: allocated block d0401000:1000
 MEM: allocated block d0402000:800
 MEM: allocated block d0403000:1000
pciBridgeDistributeResource(bus 10, state 2)
Distribute resources for bus 10
 MEM: total size ff000, required size 3800, maximize count 0
 MEM: assigned block d0401000:1000
 MEM: assigned block d0402000:1000
 MEM: assigned block d0403000:1000
 MEM: assigned block d0404000:800
 BUS: total size 1, required size 2, maximize count 0
 BUS: assigned block b:1
 BUS: assigned block c:1
Applying config for device 10:9:4
 bar 0x10 = d0403000
 bar 0x14 = d0404000
 Device Command = 02100015
Applying config for bridge serving bus 12
 MEM: start/size = 00000000:00000000
 I/O: start/size = 00000000:00000000
 BUS: start/size = 0000000c:00000001
 bar 0x10 = d0402000
 Regs:
 BUS: prim/sec/sub = 0a:0c:0c
Enabling bridge serving bus 12
 Bridge Command    = 04100087
PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=1 yenta=1)

BSM auditing present
Starting AppleACPIPS2Nub
Found mouse PNP device
IOPCCard notice:   Bad bridge mapping at 0xd0400000!
not found.
IOPCCard info:   cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: clean.
IOPCCard16Device: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.

this version of kext detect only the smarcard reader and the internal firewire.

pcmca slot is not detected and it doesn't work.

internal firewire still has the dvcam capture problem.

kp with latest 10.5.1kext, superclass error if i try manually load the 10.4.1.