CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

Hi Chuan , my dmesg (Aspire 3682)

EDIT: I use IOPCIFamily152beta, which enables my Marvell) , http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87592

If i use IOPCIFamily of REV8 with IOPCCard REV i get Kernelpanic, loading the Marvel driver at boottime.

is it possible to pack an complete Package IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_revX, which includes all depended .kexts ?

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

IOPCCard info: Mac OS X PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.22

IOPCCard info: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe:

IOPCCard info: TI XX12 rev 00 PCI-to-CardBus phys mem 0x80110000 virt mem 0x34088000

IOPCCard info: host opts [0]: [serial pci & irq] [pci irq 20] [lat 49/4] [bus 2/2]

IOPCCard info: PCI card interrupts, PCI status changes

amiacer:~ ami$ lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)

01:09.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Cardbus Controller

01:09.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

amiacer:~ ami$ lspci -n

01:09.0 0607: 104c:8039

01:09.2 0180: 104c:803b

must there be not 4 parts/devices listed ?!

aktivating the SD Cardreaderslot didnt work

amiacer:~ ami$ sudo setpci -s 01:09.2 4c.b=0x02

.. nothing happens

(in dmesg:

LSPCIUserClient: Client successfully started.

LSPCIUserClient: Client successfully closed) after setpci command

QUESTION:

My Acer is shown as Mac Pro , MacPro3,1

Can this be the problem,because ist not the default (ADP2,1) value ?

Is using rev8 (first post) .kexts enough or do i need some other .kext?

PCI TOOLS for darwin (lspci, setpci) :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S0J6J7FF

Hi mitch_de,

The reason caused you to have kernel panic is from ethernet, not from pccard. I guess your ethernet was misconfigured by BIOS.

You can try IOPCIFamily.10.5.2 beta on this topic. (post 422)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1036&st=420

It should fix both your ethernet and pccard issue. DO NOT MIX IOPCIFamily.rev8 and IOPCIFamily.10.5.2 beta together or you may get unexpected results......

Chun-Nan

Hi,

Driver R8 work on ACER 9920.

Detect RT2500 OK

Thanks

edit : Sorry, panic with driver for rt2500:

Hi jym,

If possible, can you post the picture of the kernel panic? Thanks.

Chun-Nan

i use kext helper to install both files (i need both or just one? which one?), and then i repair permissions using "diskutil repairpermissions /", then reboot

still got kernel panic

but now instead of "IOPCCardBridge::start failed" it says that IOPCCardBridge detecting a Ricoh xxx475 now (just before it's panicking)

what should i do?

and post 442 & 448 are mainly about making backup..

and can you guys tell me exactly how to restore the backup file?

i try this from the boot dvd:

sudo -s

cd /Volumes/Leopard

cp -r /users/nchellzz/Desktop/backup/IOPCFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions

but it says something like the one in extensions folder are read only??

Hi nchellzz,

Have you ever replaced other kexts to make your pccard work before? If you did, you probably need to find what other kexts are and restore them first. It seemed that your pccard is activated but something else had conflict with the IOPCIFamily.

If possible, can you post the picture of the kernel panic? Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi All,

I tried Rev 8 of Chun-nan's modified Kexts on my IBM X31 laptop. I got this output. Any ideas? Thanks. Jim

Hi Jim Fish,

According to your dmesg, you have 2 pccard bridges. (Probably one is cardbus and other one is smartcard). Try the IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta and let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hey Chun-Nan!

Restoring the original kexts is clear but the question is how to install the kexts correctly (diskutil repairpermissions / or diskutil repairpermissions "Name-of-Disk" doesn't work).

Any help would be great!

And do wo need to install 10.5.2 for Rev8?

Thanks!

sdonner

Hi sdonner,

I don't think you need to install 10.5.2 for rev8 because rev8 is using the source code from 10.5.1.

Most situation that people got kernel panic after trying rev8 is because:

(1) the file permissions are not set correctly. (most common) In this case, you can try to use kexthelper to help install kexts files.

(2) Or they have replaced other kexts to make pccard work before. In this case, you also have to restore those kexts you replaced.

(3) Or they use other kexts which requires the old IOPCIFamily. (In this case, you probably need to make decision between pccard and other device......)

Chun-Nan

Hey!

Good news! The adapter works! :-)

I made a fresh install of kaly's 10.5.1, updated to 10.5.2, then used kext helper and repaired permission with disk utility. The problem was that I did mistakes while installing the two kexts manually. I also tried kexthelper before but the "Easy Install" button always remained grey. The reason is simple: I don't have a password for my user account, so I didn't touch the password field :thumbsup_anim: .. This time, I just hit enter but then there was an error like "problems with the password" or something similar. Then, I made a password for my account and hey - it works. So in order to use kexthelper one needs a password.

Nevertheless, there is some bad news for us RME HDSP users: The original RME driver (v.1.71) doesn't seem to work. :P At least not with my MultifaceI. The installation goes fine but after reboot it is recognized as "Digiface (6)". No inputs, no outputs work. When trying to update the cardbus with RME tool it says "no card installed". 'About This Mac' remains with "Function: Multimedia Device" and "Vendor: unknown". I also tried to remove, reinstall the card several times and also installing drivers without installed card but after putting it back the same error appears - recognized as Digiface (6).

There could be several reasons:

1) driver just doesn't work with 10.5.2 (I didn't try with 10.5.1 yet)

2) driver doesn't work with leopard at all

3) driver for intel macs doesn't work with pcmcia cards at all (can't test if it works with hdsp_e pci as I only have a pcmcia one)

I would like to test if it works with 10.5.1 but I would have to do a new install now as I didn't backup anything before updating to 10.5.2. Maybe I just do so on the second partition so I don't have to reconfigure my current system. But not today, have to sleep now.

Thanks a lot for all the help and work! :thumbsup_anim:

If somebody has another idea how to get the RME working please let me know! Thanks!

cheers,

sdonner

;) I had the PCMCIA/Cardbus Slot working fine with Rev. 7 of the Drivers but after updating to OS 10.5.2, it doesn't work anymore. I installed the Rev. 8 then the beta 10.5.2 drivers but they didn't work either. I am running a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with T.I PCI-1410 Cardbus controller and 02 Micro 0z71EC1 controller. What is wrong? Here's some info:

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=12 yenta=0)

IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/

AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRI@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/

AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/

TOSHIBA MK1517GAP TOSHIBA MK1517GAP/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

;) I had the PCMCIA/Cardbus Slot working fine with Rev. 7 of the Drivers but after updating to OS 10.5.2, it doesn't work anymore. I installed the Rev. 8 then the beta 10.5.2 drivers but they didn't work either. I am running a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with T.I PCI-1410 Cardbus controller and 02 Micro 0z71EC1 controller. What is wrong? Here's some info:

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=12 yenta=0)

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/

AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRI@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/

AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/

TOSHIBA MK1517GAP TOSHIBA MK1517GAP/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Hi Grim Reaper,

Go the the first page of this topic and try the rev8 IOPCIFamily. It should also work on 10.5.2. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Chunan when i get kernal panic, how do i get into mac to replace the kexts with my backups?

Hi truetigger,

You need to boot with your installation DVD or another Mac System on your HD. Then go to terminal to restore your files.

Check the post #468 on this topic. Maybe it will help you know how to do it.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...1036&st=460

(Thank Kizwan for the posts)

Chun-Nan

BTW, what did it show on the screen when you go the kernel panic?

update: tried it with 10.5.1 - no success :P

any help would be great!

sdonner

Hi sdonner,

Has your RME HDSP worked on Mac OSX before? It seemed that it is the RME HDSP driver issue.

I don't have the same device as you do. I am sorry to say that I cannot help you at this moment......

Chun-Nan

Hi Grim Reaper,

Go the the first page of this topic and try the rev8 IOPCIFamily. It should also work on 10.5.2. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan

Thanks immensely for your advice and effort with IOPCIFamily. I did get Rev8 to work but, instead of doing the install manually, which I tried first and is prone to error, I successfully used Kext Helper which I suggest anyone who wants to add .kext files should also use, it makes it so much easier and foolproof. It also appears to have fixed a problem with Time Machine too!

http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html

Here's the info from doing "dmesg | grep PC;"

PCI configuration changed (BUS free=0 needed=1 added=1)

PCI configuration changed (BUS free=0 needed=2 added=2)

PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=2 yenta=2)

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: O2Micro OZ711EC1 rev 20

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: , O2Micro OZ711EC1 rev 20

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): vendor 0x1033, device 0x0035

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 3): found 4 functions

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 3)

IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xa000f000-0xa000ffff

IOPCCard info: fn 1 bar 1: mem 0xa000e000-0xa000efff

IOPCCard info: fn 2 bar 1: mem 0xa000d000-0xa000d0ff

IOPCCard info: fn 3 bar 1: mem 0xa000c000-0xa000c7ff

IOPCCard info: fn 3 bar 2: mem 0xa0008000-0xa000bfff

IOPCCard info: irq 11

IOPCCard info: cs: memory probe 0xa0000000-0xa0ffffff: excluding 0xa0000000-0xa00fffff

IOPCCard16Device: binding socket 1 function 0 to card services.

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRI@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/TOSHIBA MK1517GAP TOSHIBA MK1517GAP/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

IOPCCard16Device::matchPropertyTable entered.

IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "HP"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string).

IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR243 PCMCIA"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string).

IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR241 PCMCIA"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string).

IOPCCardDevice: VersionOneInfo[0], "SCR24x PCMCIA"(match string) != "O2Micro"(CIS string).

Hi Chun-Nan!

i try to use rev8 drivers on Dell Lattitude D620+Kalyway 10.5.1

system crush after copy files and restore permission.

on screen i see:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x0042F4E9): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.0.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Uncnown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0

p.s. sorry for my bad english...

Hi Chun-Nan!

i try to use rev8 drivers on Dell Lattitude D620+Kalyway 10.5.1

system crush after copy files and restore permission.

on screen i see:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x0042F4E9): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.0.2/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1378

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Uncnown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0

p.s. sorry for my bad english...

Hi Alexandr,

It seems like a file permission problem. Try to boot with your installation DVD and go to terminal to check the file permiission.

Chun-Nan

Most situation that people got kernel panic after trying rev8 is because:

(1) the file permissions are not set correctly. (most common) In this case, you can try to use kexthelper to help install kexts files.

(2) Or they have replaced other kexts to make pccard work before. In this case, you also have to restore those kexts you replaced.

(3) Or they use other kexts which requires the old IOPCIFamily. (In this case, you probably need to make decision between pccard and other device......)

G'day,

I installed the rev8 drivers on IBM x60 IATKOS 1.0r2 + Kalway 10.5.2 combo update, and they work perfectly first time.

The issue I have now is the pc card must be inserted for the ethernet port to work.

If I remove the PC Card (Vodafone 3g) the system boots but says the ethernet cable is not plugged in when it is.

If I shutdown, insert the card and boot the system works fine, however it still says the cable is not plugged in but

with the PC card in it does get an IP address. Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Chun-nan,

Thanks for your continuing help. I tried the IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta on my IBM X31 laptop as you suggested. It seems better than before but the start is still failing.

Here is the new output from the DMESG command.

Jim.

PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=13 yenta=2)

IOPCCard notice: Bad bridge mapping at 0xc0401000!

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

IOPCCard notice: AdjustResourceInfo: Unknown error code 0xffffffff

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 552 PCI now active, GUID 00061b031004c70b; max speed s400.

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRIM@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/IC25N040ATMR04-0 IC25N040ATMR04-0/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2

Here is some info from the lspic utility

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82855PM Processor to I/O Controller (rev 03)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82855PM Processor to AGP Controller (rev 03)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-M) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 81)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801DBM (ICH4-M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)

00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801DBM (ICH4-M) IDE Controller (rev 01)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) SMBus Controller (rev 01)

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)

00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 01)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY

02:00.0 CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (rev aa)

02:00.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C552 IEEE 1394 Controller (rev 02)

02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB PRO/100 VE (MOB) Ethernet Controller (rev 81)

Sorry a very noob question or two, i got this wrong once and dont want to do it again. When i download the kexts, do i just copy and past them into position? and when it says "As root, type "dmesg | grep PC" " do i type that on loading (f8) and then press enter or do i do it in terminal or what? Are there any additional steps? Thanks and sorry for being so dumb!

hi Chun-Nan

i replaced my iopcifamily by your iopcifamily beta and my card is recognized but i have an error "firewire guid ffff disabled"

the connection is in preference but any peripherique which I connect isn't recognized,

of more my ethernet does not work any more,

i have to put back the iopcifamily.kext for the connection ethernet

have you any ideas?

thank you for your searches

Hi romarin,

If possible, can you post the dmesg under singleuser mode with beta IOPCIFamily installed? Thanks. Chun-Nan

i hope it's what you want

Feb
18 00:17:16 localhost com.apple.launchctl.System[2]: launchctl: Please
convert the following to launchd:
/etc/mach_init.d/dashboardadvisoryd.plist
Feb 18 00:17:16 romains-mac-pro com.apple.launchd[1] (org.cups.cupsd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight
Feb 18 00:17:16 romains-mac-pro com.apple.launchd[1] (org.ntp.ntpd): Unknown key: SHAuthorizationRight
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: npvhash=4095
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: c matching fails
Feb 18 00:17:21 romains-mac-pro rpc.statd[28]: statd.notify - no notifications needed
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
Feb 18 00:17:23 romains-mac-pro fseventsd[37]: bumping event counter to: 0xca3 (current 0x0) from log file '0000000000000127'
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: Matching service count = 2
Feb 18 00:17:23 romains-mac-pro
/System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[33]:
Login Window Application Started
Feb 18 00:17:21 romains-mac-pro bootlog[46]: BOOT_TIME: 1203290228 0
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: Matching service count = 4
Feb 18 00:17:23 romains-mac-pro DirectoryService[42]: Launched version 5.2 (v514.4)
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: Matching service count = 4
Feb 18 00:17:28: --- last message repeated 3 times ---
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: VGA: family specific matching fails
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: ath_attach: devid 0x1c
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: start
[/sourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros5424/AirPortDriverAtheros5424-311.32.2/src/driver/AtherosController.cpp:481]
loaded unsuccessfully
Feb 18 00:17:24 romains-mac-pro org.ntp.ntpd[22]: Error : nodename nor servname provided, or not known
Feb 18 00:17:26 romains-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[19]: kld(): Undefined symbols:
Feb 18 00:17:26 romains-mac-pro com.apple.kextd[19]: __ZN14IOPMrootDomain24systemPowerEventOccurredEPK8OSSymbolP8OSObject
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: ApplePS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v6.3
Feb 18 00:17:23 romains-mac-pro kextd[19]: 425 cached, 0 uncached personalities to catalog
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: ALCinject: Starting.
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting built-in=
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: ALCinject: Setting layout-id=
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: display: match category IOFramebuffer exists
Feb 18 00:17:24 romains-mac-pro mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-170 (Jan  4 2008 18:04:07)[32]: starting
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: dsmos: Initializing...
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: dsmos: Hook and decryption contexts set!
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: dsmos: Starting...
Feb 18 00:17:24 romains-mac-pro ntpdate[62]: can't find host time.euro.apple.com
Feb 18 00:17:28 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: VGA: match category IOFramebuffer exists
Feb 18 00:17:25 romains-mac-pro ntpdate[62]: no servers can be used, exiting
Feb 18 00:17:25 romains-mac-pro configd[44]: setting hostname to "romains-mac-pro.local"
Feb 18 00:17:25 romains-mac-pro /usr/sbin/ocspd[68]: starting
Feb 18 00:17:26 romains-mac-pro kextd[85]: kld_load_from_memory()
failed for module
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/MacOS/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin
Feb 18 00:17:26 romains-mac-pro kextd[85]: a link/load error occured
for kernel extension
/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext
Feb 18 00:17:29 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: NTFS driver 2.1 [Flags: R/O].
Feb 18 00:17:29 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:17:30 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: NTFS volume name Vista, version 3.1.
Feb 18 00:17:34 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:17:56: --- last message repeated 4 times ---
Feb 18 00:17:56 romains-mac-pro com.apple.SystemStarter[25]: Starting RTL8187ClientUtility
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: display: Not usable
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro
/System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/MacOS/ManagedClient[118]:
ODUEthernetAddress(): GetEthernetAddress()== 5
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro loginwindow[33]: Login Window Started Security Agent
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro authorizationhost[120]: MechanismInvoke 0x1255c0 retainCount 2
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro SecurityAgent[121]: MechanismInvoke 0x1015f0 retainCount 1
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro loginwindow[33]: Login Window - Returned from Security Agent
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro SecurityAgent[121]: MechanismDestroy 0x1015f0 retainCount 1
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro authorizationhost[120]: MechanismDestroy 0x1255c0 retainCount 2
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro loginwindow[33]: USER_PROCESS: 33 console
Feb 18 00:17:58 romains-mac-pro com.apple.launchd[1] (com.apple.UserEventAgent-LoginWindow[116]): Exited: Terminated
Feb 18 00:17:59 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:17:59 romains-mac-pro
/System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[53]:
SFLSharePointsEntry::CreateDSRecord: dsCreateRecordAndOpen(romain's
Public Folder) returned -14135

Feb 18 00:18:01 romains-mac-pro com.apple.loginwindow[33]: ODUEthernetAddress(): GetEthernetAddress()== 5

Feb 18 00:18:04 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:18:06 romains-mac-pro kextd[19]: writing kernel link data to /var/run/mach.sym
Feb 18 00:18:09 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:18:13 romains-mac-pro com.apple.launchctl.System[2]:
BootCacheControl: could not fetch history: Cannot allocate memory
Feb 18 00:18:13 romains-mac-pro com.apple.launchctl.System[2]:
BootCacheControl: could not stop cache/fetch history: Cannot allocate
memory
Feb 18 00:18:14 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:18:20: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Feb 18 00:18:20 romains-mac-pro com.apple.launchd[94] ([0x0-0xa00a].com.apple.finder[131]): Exited: Terminated
Feb 18 00:18:20 romains-mac-pro
/System/Library/CoreServices/coreservicesd[53]:
SFLSharePointsEntry::CreateDSRecord: dsCreateRecordAndOpen(romain's
Public Folder) returned -14135
Feb 18 00:18:24 romains-mac-pro kernel[0]: FireWire GUID ffffffffffffffff is invalid!
Feb 18 00:18:54: --- last message repeated 5 times ---alid!

COMBO Dual 1394+USB 2.0 Express Card Adapter

- Compliant with new Express Card 34/54 interface

- T.I. New Chipset: T.I. XIO 2200A

- Integrated design - Dual IEEE 1394 & USB 2.0

- Supports XP, VISTA & Mac 9.0, 10.x

- No driver required

G'day,

I installed the rev8 drivers on IBM x60 IATKOS 1.0r2 + Kalway 10.5.2 combo update, and they work perfectly first time.

The issue I have now is the pc card must be inserted for the ethernet port to work.

If I remove the PC Card (Vodafone 3g) the system boots but says the ethernet cable is not plugged in when it is.

If I shutdown, insert the card and boot the system works fine, however it still says the cable is not plugged in but

with the PC card in it does get an IP address. Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi cookiem68,

It seems to be a driver issue. I will suggest you to search for topics related to ethernet card. Maybe you will get some ideas.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-nan,

Thanks for your continuing help. I tried the IOPCIFamily.10.5.2.beta on my IBM X31 laptop as you suggested. It seems better than before but the start is still failing.

Here is the new output from the DMESG command.

Jim.

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 552 PCI now active, GUID 00061b031004c70b; max speed s400.

Hi Jim Fish,

According to your dmesg result, you have ApplePCIConfigurator.kext inside your AppleACPIPlatfrom.kext.

If you are not using original AppleACPIPlatform.kext right now, maybe try to use original AppleACPIPlatform.kext to see if it changes. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Sorry a very noob question or two, i got this wrong once and dont want to do it again. When i download the kexts, do i just copy and past them into position? and when it says "As root, type "dmesg | grep PC" " do i type that on loading (f8) and then press enter or do i do it in terminal or what? Are there any additional steps? Thanks and sorry for being so dumb!

Hi truetigger,

If you are talking about how to install kext files and you are not sure if you do it correctly, I would suggest you to use kexthelper to help you install the kext files.

Here is the infromation on kexthelper (Thanks Grim Reaper for the infromaiton):

Chun-Nan

Thanks immensely for your advice and effort with IOPCIFamily. I did get Rev8 to work but, instead of doing the install manually, which I tried first and is prone to error, I successfully used Kext Helper which I suggest anyone who wants to add .kext files should also use, it makes it so much easier and foolproof. It also appears to have fixed a problem with Time Machine too!

http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html

hi, I trid ver 8 on my acer 5570 with TI PCIxx21. it didn't work. The mes says:

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily" with older/same version (1.6.4 -> 1.6.4).

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" with older/same version (2.4 -> 2.4).

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD800BEVS-22RST0 WDC WD800BEVS-22RST0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

Here is the orginal link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9583&st=300

I open a new topic to make it easier for people to read. It is not just limited to TI chips. If your pccard shows "IOPCCardBridge::start failed", you can give it a try.

[iMPORTANT]

If you get the kernel panic after trying rev6, PLEASE check if you have replaced the following files to make your cardbus slot working before:

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleAPIC

IOACPIFamily

If you did, you probably need to find a way to restore those files first.

If you still get kernel panic, you can take the picture of it if possible. Thanks.

[KNOWN ISSUES]

It will cause kernel panic with rev6 and AGPGart installed.....

If you have the error message "IOPCCardBridge::checkBridgeBusIDs invalid sub/cardbus/pci settings of 0x0" before trying the rev3 file, it still may not work after trying the rev3 file.

Chun-Nan

Kext File: IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_rev3.zip

Source Code: IOPCCardFamily_48_chunnan.zip

[uPDATE]

1/14/2008: rev4 update

Please replace IOPCCardFamily and IOPCIFamily at the same time.

You DO NOT have to edit info.plist because it will use "ADP2,1" by default.

Let me know the result.

1/14/2008: rev5 and source code update

Let me know the result.

1/17/2008: rev6 and source code update

If you are using other revisions, please update to rev6.

If possible, let me know the result. Thanks.

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev6.zip

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev6_src.zip

1/30/2008: rev7 and source code update

If you are using other revisions, please update to rev7.

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev7.zip

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev7_src.zip

2/7/2008: rev8 and source code update

If you are using other revisions, please update to rev8.

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev8.zip

IOPCCardFamily_chunnan_Leopard_rev8_src.zip

==========

{ "Cirrus PD6729", IS_CIRRUS|IS_PCI, ID(CIRRUS, 6729) }

{ "Cirrus PD6730", IS_CIRRUS|IS_PCI, PCI_VENDOR_ID_CIRRUS, -1 }

{ "Cirrus PD6832", IS_CIRRUS|IS_CARDBUS, ID(CIRRUS, 6832) }

{ "ENE 1211", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1211) } <= new added

{ "ENE 1225", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1225) } <= new added

{ "ENE 1410", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1410) } <= new added

{ "ENE 710/2/4", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1411) } <= new added

{ "ENE 712/4", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1412) } <= new added

{ "ENE 1420", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1420) } <= new added

{ "ENE 720/2/4", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1421) } <= new added

{ "ENE 722/4", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(ENE, 1422) } <= new added

{ "O2Micro OZ6729", IS_O2MICRO|IS_PCI|IS_VG_PWR, ID(O2, 6729) }

{ "O2Micro OZ6730", IS_O2MICRO|IS_PCI|IS_VG_PWR, ID(O2, 6730) }

{ "O2Micro OZ6832/33", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 6832) }

{ "O2Micro OZ6836/60", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 6836) }

{ "O2Micro OZ6812", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 6812) }

{ "O2Micro OZ6922", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 6922) }

{ "O2Micro OZ6933/711E1", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 6933) }

{ "O2Micro OZ6912/711E0", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 6912) }

{ "O2Micro OZ711EC1/M1", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7112) }

{ "O2Micro OZ711EC1", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7113) }

{ "O2Micro OZ711M1/MC1", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7114) }

{ "O2Micro OZ711MP1/MS1", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7134) } <= new added

{ "O2Micro OZ711EZ1", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7135) } <= new added

{ "O2Micro OZ711SP1", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7136) } <= new added

{ "O2Micro OZ711E2", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 71E2) }

{ "O2Micro OZ711M2", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7212) }

{ "O2Micro OZ711M3/MC3", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7223) }

{ "O2Micro OZ711MP3/MS3", IS_O2MICRO|IS_CARDBUS, ID(O2, 7233) } <= new added

{ "Ricoh RL5C465", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C465) }

{ "Ricoh RL5C466", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C466) }

{ "Ricoh RL5C475", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C475) }

{ "Ricoh RL5C476", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C476) }

{ "Ricoh RL5C477", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C477) } <= new added

{ "Ricoh RL5C478", IS_RICOH|IS_CARDBUS, ID(RICOH, RL5C478) }

{ "SMC 34C90", IS_CARDBUS, ID(SMC, 34C90) }

{ "TI 1130", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1130) }

{ "TI 1131", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1131) }

{ "TI 1031", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1031) }

{ "TI 1210", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1210) }

{ "TI 1211", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1211) }

{ "TI 1220", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1220) }

{ "TI 1221", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1221) }

{ "TI 1225", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1225) }

{ "TI 1250A", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1250A) }

{ "TI 1251A", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1251A) }

{ "TI 1251B", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1251B) }

{ "TI 1410", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1410) }

{ "TI 1420", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1420) }

{ "TI 1450", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1450) }

{ "TI 1451", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1451) }

{ "TI 1510", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1510) }

{ "TI 1520", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1520) }

{ "TI 1620", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 1620) }

{ "TI 4410", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 4410) }

{ "TI 4450", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 4450) }

{ "TI 4451", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 4451) }

{ "TI 4510", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 4510) }

{ "TI 4520", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 4520) }

{ "TI 7410", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 7410) }

{ "TI 7510", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 7510) }

{ "TI 7610", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, 7610) }

{ "TI XX12", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, XX12) }

{ "TI XX21", IS_TI|IS_CARDBUS, ID(TI, XX21) } <= new added

{ "Toshiba ToPIC95-A", IS_CARDBUS|IS_TOPIC, ID(TOSHIBA, TOPIC95_A) }

{ "Toshiba ToPIC95-B", IS_CARDBUS|IS_TOPIC, ID(TOSHIBA, TOPIC95_:) }

{ "Toshiba ToPIC97", IS_CARDBUS|IS_TOPIC, ID(TOSHIBA, TOPIC97) }

{ "Toshiba ToPIC100", IS_CARDBUS|IS_TOPIC, ID(TOSHIBA, TOPIC100) }

==========

I don't know if the new added devices will work or not. However, you can give it a try and let me know the result. In addition, if your pccard slot works under linux and it is not listed on the above the list (and if you believe it may work under mac), let me know the device id and I will try to add it to the next revision.

hi, I trid ver 8 on my acer 5570 with TI PCIxx21. it didn't work. The mes says:

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCCardFamily" with older/same version (1.6.4 -> 1.6.4).

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily" with older/same version (2.4 -> 2.4).

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRID@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/WDC WD800BEVS-22RST0 WDC WD800BEVS-22RST0/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

It looks like you've got the same problem as someone a few posts above - you appear to not have the stock ACPIPlatform.kext

Restore this to stock and try again.

Which release did you install? Are you running 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 ?

For reference, I'm actually going to recommend people NOT use kext helper.

It has a tendency to bugger things up.

With that in mind, I'm going to be building some packages for Chun-Nan that will handle all this automatically.

I'll also do an extra package that will contain stock kexts, so as to avoid these problems.

I'm hoping for these to be out today. They will automatically back up existing kexts, and zip them. In order to prevent issues, the zip will include the date & time in its name.

EqUaTe

Hi Chun-nan,

I replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the original Kalyway DVD as you suggested and still seem to have the same result. Any further suggestions gratefully received. Regards Jim

sudo dmesg | grep PC

Password:

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/PRIM@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/IC25N040ATMR04-0 IC25N040ATMR04-0/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/Untitled@2

For reference, I'm actually going to recommend people NOT use kext helper.

It has a tendency to bugger things up.

With that in mind, I'm going to be building some packages for Chun-Nan that will handle all this automatically.

I'll also do an extra package that will contain stock kexts, so as to avoid these problems.

I'm hoping for these to be out today. They will automatically back up existing kexts, and zip them. In order to prevent issues, the zip will include the date & time in its name.

EqUaTe

sounds neat.. looking forward to it

have been trying to install with no success, kernel always panicking, although i quad-check the file permission

card is ricoh xx475 on 10.5.1

ps. how does one dmesg? from terminal within the boot dvd? if i can't get into OSX

Hi Chun-nan,

I replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the original Kalyway DVD as you suggested and still seem to have the same result. Any further suggestions gratefully received. Regards Jim

Perhaps the kalway AppleACPIPlatform.kext from those DVD is already patched (not orig. Apple ) ?

Try the orig. Apple AppleACPIPlatform.kext from the Apple 10.5.2 Combo Update (not kalway combo or kalway DVD, use pacifist to extract).

I looked in that (perhaps to save your time for examining if you have orig. or not).

Finder Info of orig. AppleACPIPlatform.kext shows: 582961 Bytes, Version 1.2.1)

Compare it to yours (most (99,99%) patched kexts have more/less Bytes)

I have the same "problem": Some advanced and better .kexts didnt work in my system.

After a while i did not mor know which special .kexts i use and which depenencies are to other changes.

Dear Chun-nan, can you add all depended .kext to your great REV8 ?

It would be much easier for help/debug if we all use the same dependen .kexts (at least for testing, some may NEED other .kexts like obove to get more "serius" things above cardbus to run.

Thanks