CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

~Eureka

1,073 posts in this topic

Hi shemozzle,

I've been busy with school recently. I will try to add your pccard controller to the list this weekend. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Thanks for all your time and effort Chun-Nan!

Would be amazing if you could add the TI 7420. Been trying to get this working under 10.4.11 for the past week and it's starting to drive me crazy.

Is there anything i can do to add this myself if you don't have time, i.e. hex editing IOPCIFamily or adding anything to info.plist in IOPCCardFamily?

Many thanks,

Seb.

Thanks for all your time and effort Chun-Nan!

Would be amazing if you could add the TI 7420. Been trying to get this working under 10.4.11 for the past week and it's starting to drive me crazy.

Is there anything i can do to add this myself if you don't have time, i.e. hex editing IOPCIFamily or adding anything to info.plist in IOPCCardFamily?

Many thanks,

Seb.

Hi sebhag,

I have added TI 7420 chips on the beta3 edition. I also asked EqUaTe to help build the installation package. Maybe tomorrow or later, it will be posted on the forum. However, right now it is for only Leopard, not Tiger.

You can download the source code, add your pccard chip to it, and compile it.

Chun-Nan

Great work Chun-Nan.

I have a multicard reader on my Dell Laptop (SD, MMC, MS, etc) and it is Ricoh chipset based and it is attached on the PCI bus instead of the USB. I am wondering if this could work, what do you think?

Same question for Acer Aspire 4320 with cardreader Ricoh RL5C822.

Best regards.

Note: After applied the newones files with the rev8, my Airport no work anymore, then restore original files and the Airport Brc4311 is working fine again.

Hi nchellzz,

Try to boot with "-s" to enter singleuser mode and post the dmesg result on the forum. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

hi Chun-Nan, thanks for the reply, here's the dmesg |grep PC result:

Checking PCI bus 2
Checking PCI bus 1
Checking PCI bus 3
Checking PCI bus 4
Checking PCI bus 5
Checking PCI bus 6

PCI Configuration changed (bridge=0 device=12 yenta=1)

IOPCCard info	: Mac OSX PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.22
IOPCCard info	: options: [pci] [cardbus] [pnp]
IOPCCard info	: Intel PCIC Probe:
IOPCCard notice	: Bad bridge mapping at 0x001000000!
IOPCCard Bridge	: start failed

Got boot device: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@6/AppleNForceATAroot/PRI0@0/AppleNForceATA/ATADevice nub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST380011A Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled3@3
Firewire (OHCI) Vendor ID 1106 ID3044 PCI now active, GUID 6000000019e870bb; max speed s100

Same question for Acer Aspire 4320 with cardreader Ricoh RL5C822.

Best regards.

Note: After applied the newones files with the rev8, my Airport no work anymore, then restore original files and the Airport Brc4311 is working fine again.

Hi quinielascom,

You need another driver for cardreader controller which is different from pccard controller.

If you are trying to make your pccard work, you can either give 10.5.2.beta2 a try or wait till 10.5.2.beta3 is posted. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

hi Chun-Nan, thanks for the reply, here's the dmesg |grep PC result:

Hi nchellzz,

Once 10.5.2.beta3 is posted, you can try it to see if it fixes the problems. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Jim: You should always boot with -v

Are you sure you installed the kext correctly? And had you previously updated to 10.5.2 ?

What hardware do you have?

I've attached the beta2 kext installer here, as per the latest release from Chun-Nan. I'll leave him to post details of what's changed :D

This replaces ONLY IOPCIFamily and IOPCCardFamily.

I'll be doing a stock kext thing later.

For reference, what release is everyone using?

PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip

Worked perfect on my Acer 5570z-2997, now have my 4311 card working!

Thank you soooo much!!

Hi sebhag,

I have added TI 7420 chips on the beta3 edition. I also asked EqUaTe to help build the installation package. Maybe tomorrow or later, it will be posted on the forum. However, right now it is for only Leopard, not Tiger.

You can download the source code, add your pccard chip to it, and compile it.

Chun-Nan

That's great news, thanks Chun-Nan. Shame i can't use Leopard (no ati x600 support)... ah well, i'll be patiently waiting for the new tiger update. :D

Thanks a lot,

Seb.

Hi

A chance of anyone help me out on this.

Have an Acer 9815 laptop, replaced my wireless, now its regonized by OS, and showss up like Airport its an BCM 4311 card (Dell1390), only problem is I cant get it turned on with switch in front of lappy, or in any other way running Kalyway 10.5.1 with 10.5.2 upgrade, Intel 945 chipset

balder

Hi

Have an Acer 9815 laptop, replaced my wireless, now its regonized by OS, and showss up like Airport its an BCM 4311 card (Dell1390), only problem is I cant get it turned on with switch in front of lappy, or in any other way running Kalyway 10.5.1 with 10.5.2 upgrade, Intel 945 chipset

balder

Hi balder,

It seems that the switch prevented your Dell1390 from powering on. I think there are some articles related to this issue on the forum. Try to search them.

Chun-Nan

Hi

balder

if it is recognized as airport go to system perferences, click on network, then airport then click on turn on and the light of the wireless should comeon after that!!!, after that connect to ur network then restart and ur wireless card should automatically be powered on after that!!!

ok here is my output from sudo dmesg | grep PC

sudo dmesg | grep PC

Password:

Checking PCI bus 1

Checking PCI bus 6

Checking PCI bus 8

PCI configuration changed (bridge=1 device=12 yenta=0)

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/Hitachi HTS541680J9SA00 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 2@2

so is there any hope for my card?

the package crashed my leopard. im running a ricoh rl5c476II on my laptop. After replacing it will not boot up, something about deps. sigh.. i guess it wont work. either pcmcia works or the window manager works =(

if this makes any diff, I have a Presario C571NR (C500). Mini pci e wont work. Any Help?

here is my output from sudo dmesg | grep PC

sudo dmesg | grep PC

Password:

Checking PCI bus 1

Checking PCI bus 6

Checking PCI bus 8

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleAHCI/PRT0@0/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDiskDriver/IOAHCIBlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/Hitachi HTS541680J9SA00 Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 2@2

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! Marvell Yukon 88E8038 ethernet card working on my Acer 3680! I used IOPCIFamily.kext beta and modified appleyukon2.kext with my device id. I'm so happy. Now to start working on the wireless card (Atheros 5005G) which looks like it should be easier.

Ricoh RL5C592/RL5C843/RL5C852 can't work on os x, but works great on Ubuntu... i've tried to mod rev8..no succes !(PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_15171043&REV_12 / PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_15171043&REV_12 / PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&SUBSYS_15171043&REV_12)If someone have an idea...Oh, i'm on leo 10.5.1 on an Asus A8sc...

if this makes any diff, I have a Presario C571NR (C500). Mini pci e wont work. Any Help?

here is my output from sudo dmesg | grep PC

sudo dmesg | grep PC

Password:

Checking PCI bus 1

Checking PCI bus 6

Checking PCI bus 8

Hi applehacker,

I am not sure if your problem is caused by Hardware (like switch) or BIOS misconfiguration. If it is caused by BIOS misconfiguration, PCCard.beta should work. However, if it is caused by hardware, you probably need to find other ways to solve it. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Ricoh RL5C592/RL5C843/RL5C852 can't work on os x, but works great on Ubuntu... i've tried to mod rev8..no succes !(PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_15171043&REV_12 / PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_15171043&REV_12 / PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0852&SUBSYS_15171043&REV_12)If someone have an idea...Oh, i'm on leo 10.5.1 on an Asus A8sc...

Hi Wiwi,

I think they are memory card devices, NOT pccard devices. You need other drivers for those devices.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Thanks for your great work.

Now my TI PCIxx12 Cardbus controller is working :-)

localhost:~ root# dmesg | grep PCC

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: TI XX12 rev 00

I try your Rev8 however I didn't success with it (no device found).

I succeded with Rev3.

Because my computer is a laptop Acer Aspire 3680 running Kalyway 10.5.1 vanilla kernel:

I found Reptar's post here in this topic just the second post after your original post in page 1.

Reptar has the same computer same kernel and reported success on January 11 (Rev3 on this date)

Then I tried Rev3 and it's OK!

Good for me!

If you want me to try anything else with Rev8 just ask.

Thks again

--

Jmp0

Hi all !!!

I've finally found the name of my expresscard controller :) , it's an Ricoh R5C83x/84x, I have found that in the *.inf of the driver :D ...

What the file said :

%R5C843Desc%=R5C843_Inst,PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843

%R5C843Desc%=R5C843_Inst,PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_207817AA

%R5C843Desc%=R5C843_Inst,PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_382B17AA

%R5C843Desc%=R5C843_Inst,PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_001214C0

%R5C843Desc%=R5C843_Inst,PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_01261025

%R5C843Desc%=R5C843_Inst,PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_011E1025

:D

It seems to control my cardreader, and i really need it, i use it for backup :D ...

How can i get it works on os X ???? :D

Have i to inject it in ? (Sorry for my ;) English)

Thanks !!! :D

well, i dont now whats really wrong. I have a hardware switch, but I heard that if I do the sprom hack on it, it will work. But I need a dell 1320 or dell 1490 (or something like that, different bcm43xx, 4311 and 4332 i think). It has something to do with revisions of the card. Unfortunatly, i dont got the dough to get one, so looks like im dead for now. :whistle::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:D:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(