OSx86 10.4.4 Leaked

Swad

141 posts in this topic

Has anyone actually tried to burn this on a DVD? The image size is 4.7GB and I can't burn it on a single layer DVD-+R which only has 4.4GB. Tried to remove XCode Tools (-800MB!), but ISO still has a size of 4.7GB.

After you remove xcode , if your using ultraiso, click save as ..it will rewrite the iso, but if any patches PPF's are made for it , it will be on the original ISO.

files:

Size:

4.2 GiB (4514008821 Bytes)

Quality:

Uploaded:

2006-01-30 06:05:17 GMT

By:

xxxxxxxx(edited)xxxxxxxx

Downloaded:

589 times

Seeders:

Leechers:

Comments

It is there but there is not many pirate boats in the bay (seeders) been trying to D/L for over 24 hrs now and got 9.0MB would like to install to a seperate HD using pacifist then replacing the kernal and oah750 file to c if that works - proberly wont thou but a thought

Why convert the image why not just burn it to disc under osx with toast

That's fine if you're doing it on a Mac, but you're probably going to want to patch it too and all the patchers require an ISO format. Not that there are any patches available yet...

here's weird... i replaced most of the 10.4.3 kexts with the 10.4.4 ones (not the critical ones though). now when i boot i get "your system clock is wrong" and it shows up as 1970. a quick auto-correct via Apple sets it to the right time, but its strange that its not picking up the date/time from my bios. probably EFI related. wonder which kext sets the time (so i can change it back lol)

hmmm.... i'm getting the "cannot save HSF volume" on UltraISO too.. coverted to ISO, opened it up, deleted Xtools, now I can't save it.

opened up the iso in Transmac, deleted Xtools, they're gone now, UltraISO says the contents of the ISO are under 4 gig, BUT It won't let me burn it because it says the actual ISO is still 4.7 gig! I'm bloody confused now...

Well here is my plan of attack.

I don't believe they would have removed all the bios support out of the kernal, but that is my belief. So, when I get home tonight, I am going to do the following:

1) Convert the DMG to a CDR

2) hidutil attach -readwrite "Image Name.cdr"

3) Copy the /user/standalone/i386/ files from my current install of 10.4.3 8f1111 to the mounted CDR.

4) Eject the mounted cdr (saving the copied files to the .cdr)

5) Burn it to a DVD+DL

6) Try to boot and see what I get

This might just be a complete waste of a DL DVD+R, but hey I think I might need a new coaster anyways. But I'll post my findings, even if it's just the fact that I got a pretty new coaster.

Well here is my plan of attack.

I don't believe they would have removed all the bios support out of the kernal, but that is my belief. So, when I get home tonight, I am going to do the following:

1) Convert the DMG to a CDR....

and once you've done that, can you tell us exactly how you did it?? I can't shrink the dmg down, i've tried everything... :hysterical:

Has anyone tried extracting applications from the disk like Safari? I can wait for 10.4.4 but right now I really need a more stable browser.

safari from 10.4.4. does not work

most appls from 10.4.4. don't work

i only got some widgets running