LS8v17 # Mac OS X 10.5.7 # GA-P35-DS4 # GA-EP45-DQ6

LS8

1,296 posts in this topic

The pre- and post-install scripts are well commented, so can be easily edited for your specific needs.

update: version 2, ICH9R ATA drivers added

update: version 3, Realtek ethernet drivers updated

update: version 4, Jmicron JMB363 driver added

update: version 5, owners enabled on destination volume by default, ALC889a driver updated (by Alex), RTL1xxx returned, JMB363 not installed by default, efi strings inclulded

1/ connect empty HDD to your Leopard machine (Apple or Hackintosh)

2/ create partitions, apply pre-patch (it installs PC EFI - set your disk and volume parameters!)

3/ insert Leopard DVD, open terminal, enter: cd "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages"; open OSInstall.mpkg

4/ follow instructions

5/ apply post-patch (it installs drivers required - set the destination volume!)

6/ connect HDD back to your Hackintosh

xbench22265hc0.th.png

FYI, your scripts work nicely for me (see sig for rig details) and your files are good to go... but you should leave out the NVinject, that makes my machine crash (and prob anyone else with a diff video card)

other than that...good work

Have you tried this 10.5.2 how2 for 10.5.2 yet?

I only know about one version of JMB363 kext, and it is the one included in the install pack.

ok, fair enough... its gotta have been modified. But we will see soon enough. I ordered another 4GB of memory...should be here in a few days. I will take it up to 5GB of usage and see how it goes

been running 10.5.2 all day... very smooth

Thanks very much for all your work on this pack!

I have a problem booting 10.5.1 though, seemingly with the realtek Ethernet.

Just past the mDNSResponder spam, I have these lines:

<timestamp> localhost kextd[9]: IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out while waiting to write kernel symbols

rtl_r1000_nic_ext: Ethernet address 00:1a:4d:etc:etc

But then nothing happens after that. Got any ideas that I can try?

Dear All,

I installed IATKOS 1.0 with efi and original kernel after deleting a succesful running Uphuck Tiger OSX System . My config was running very smooth and stable with Uphuck Tiger before but now I have problems with IATKOS. The issue is about HDD's! They have really too slow read and write functions at the moment. My previous xbench scores in Tiger is around 230 now with Leopard its just 140 coz of lack performance of HDD. Just to let you know that AHCI is enabled and HDD Sata drivers are connected to orange ports on MOBO.

And I am willing to solve this problem. My system config is in my signature. I hope someone can help me with it.

Lastly, about this mac page shows my processor as 2.4 unknown processor. Is there anyway to make it correct?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day to all.....

Trance2007

Hey :) Thanks for the new install pack. Just yesterday i finished installing from orginal DVD and with your v. 4 pack got all working. is it possible to safely install v. 5 over the existing and running install? Or should i boot into a second system and run the script from there?

Thanks for an answer. The tip from ls8 and his patch with installing from original DVD and patching gave me finally a kernel panic free system.

Greetings, Professor

Are you talking about JmicronATA.kext because that is the problematic kext relating to memory usage. I don't know a JMB363...

Well, with LS8s pack, there is a replacement JmicronATA.kext and I am wondering if that addresses the controllers handling while not causing the memory issue...

There is no need to install v5 if your system works with v4.

Any recommendations to make sleep to work on my system? can I use any of your kexts?

My system:

CPU: C2D E6400

MB: ASUS P5B Deluxe

RAM: 4 GB Geil @ 800 MHz

Video: GeForce 7900GS 256MB RAM [with NVinject]

Thanks!

Just some quick questions from non DS4 owner:

I've got an Asus P5K -> 10.5.2 is working great, but i can't wake up from USB Mouse or Keyboard.

Call me silly, but i concider a new purchase - the Gigabyte DS4. So my Questions:

- Does sleep work (from menu AND automatically)?

- Can you wake up via USB Mouse?

- Does Shutdown and Restart work ever time?

Thanks

1) Does sleep work? Yes by menu and automatically.

2) Wake up by USB? No, I need to press power button on case.

3) Shutdown/Reboot working? Shutdown - yes, but system fans keep running, OS however shutsdown cleanly. Reboot - works everytime.

Hope this helps.

Kernel panics are also very often due to RAM overclock, or improper voltages.

Your Q6600 should run 333x9 @ Stock Votage (1.2xxx). If you don't want to overclock it, set it to 266x9 (2.4Ghz) it's initial certified frequency

As for the RAM, if you have 800Mhz RAM, try to set the SPD to 2.5 (around 833Mhz) and to set the voltage to 2.0v or 2.1v (around +0.30v) with your RAM certified timings (5-5-5-15 on most configurations).

if you have CAS4 RAM, you can try to set it to 1Ghz with CAS5 timings, it works in most cases.

Manual configuration of the RAM if better if you know what you are doing.

I have no Kernel panic with my configuration, which is close to yours

Thanks for the tipp!!! Well, i remember that i was able to overclock my pc that way once, but now, that i want to try it again, i'm not able to overclock it anymore. The necessary values get written, but when i restart, it still says 267x9 2,4GHz. Do you know a solution to this?

Cheers, Professor

@ Professor : I think taht you don't chose or save proper settings, nobody using a Q6600 and a P35 based mobo reported any trouble with overclocking @ 333x9.

Be sure you press F10 after ou set up the clock.

I'll send you picts of my bios screen if needed.

Hey :-). I tried again. The settings get saved, but the speed isn't updated somehow, it still reports 2.4 GHz at 267*9 (not 266). And os x recognizes only 2.4 GHz. If I don't bother you, please send me the pics you offered.