NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

How did you inject the kext to the DVD? I´ve been looking in google but i didn´t found how to do it.

I´ve got the same version as you and the same chipset.

Thanks!

it's in the post, somewhere ...

but it's not yet confirmed working ..

We'll need to wait for Zephyroth rev 2 Leopard AMD DVD :( Which i think is gonna be released soon, at least i hope so :)

Okay!

Can you give me a link? (forum or sg)

How can I install Zephyroth leopard?

Thx,

Gabi

for clarification... if installing this kext, does appleviaata.kext need to be removed??

Check the first post from MD, to see if your SATA controller dev/ven id is in there, if yes, go with the latest driver and delete AppleVIAATA.kext. If not, don't bother. Unless you really want to try it.

UPDATE 31-dec-2007:

I've re-fixed the driver. Some users where still not detecting sata and/or pata drives, so this version should solve some problems. Below, a list of device+vendor id for supported pata/sata chipsets by this kext:

PATA: 0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de

SATA: 0x008e10de 0x00e310de 0x00ee10de 0x003610de 0x003e10de 0x005410de 0x005510de 0x026610de 0x026710de 0x037e10de 0x037f10de 0x03e710de 0x03f610de 0x03f710de 0x045c10de 0x045d10de 0x045e10de 0x045f10de

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de

Know AHCI PATA chipsets device+vendor id: 0x056010de 0x056010de 0x056c10de 0x075910de

I have a question can i install this kext?

i have a 0x056010de drive in my laptop will it work???

from what medevil said here

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!

Know AHCI SATA enabled chipset device+vendor id: 0x044c10de 0x044d10de 0x044e10de 0x044f10d 0x055010de 0x055110de 0x055210de 0x055310de 0x056010de 0x055410de 0x058410de

my one seems to be in that section can i use this kext ? can someone comfirm worth me trying it thanks!

I have a question can i install this kext?

i have a 0x056010de drive in my laptop will it work???

from what medevil said here

If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!

my one seems to be in that section can i use this kext ? can someone comfirm worth me trying it thanks!

no u cant use this. well u can since its a free country, it just wont do anythingfor you

wow read the first post it clearly says

"If your chipset is in the "Know AHCI SATA enabled chipsets" then you CANNOT USE THIS KEXT!"

time for the classic, RTFM

I did not uninstall AppleVIAATA if I want to use my Silicon Image ports.

Hm... Due to no confirmation otherwise, I disabled AppleVIAATA... If I'm actually able to continue using both to somehow solve my current issues (SATA DVD burner doesn't burn when recognized by MeDevil's driver; isn't recognized 3 out of 4 boots, it seems. Also, hangs during heavy disk I/O in Q and VMWare Fusion, with VM hosted on HFS or FAT volume [not ballsy enough to try NTFS…]; issue more prevalant with XP than Me or Slackware 12.), I'll be quite happy. I'm half-tempted to move back to AppleVIAATA for now, as it was at least stable (if slow). This system is soooo close to being a good, CHEAP, reliable "poor man's Mac".

(This is OT, so if the thread starts migrating, please split it off to its own thread somewhere or something.) Unfortunately, every day I start thinking that I should have purchased a Mac Mini. Anyone tried Boot Camp with a slew of OSes on an external drive? (My GRUB will boot, at this moment: OS X, 2 installs of Vista, QNX, DOS, Linux, Solaris.) Or, is there a "better way" of doing something similar on a real Mac? (There are limits to virtualization…) Feel free to PM.

Thansk a lot for your patience and consideration.

You are right about the SATA - it's my Windows disk and it's formatted as NTFS.

I understand that at boot time, it may not recognized it, since the MacFUSE + NTFS-3G stuff is probably not running, but I figure if I get to the normal display, they must be running, since I can detect PATA drives (internal / external that are formated as NTFS.

I will try and see if I can repartion the SATA, to free up disk space, create a hfs+ OSX partition and see if it's detected.

Sorry about the attachments (tried three or four times, but kept getting errors)

The "Error - The disk you inserted is not readable by this computer", is not related to my driver.

This error is surely related to the partition type you are using.

Eg: ext2 formatted partition give this type of error (ext2 is not supported by osx, without a specific driver).

Please, next time try to use the "Attachments" section for your system.log, and use the "edit" button to insert carriage returns, since the text is really *unreadable*. Thanks.

Regards,

Domenico.

So is it worth trying to get the kext working my my laptop os no chance in hell?lol??

with the 0x056010de nforce 560 chip?

i really wanna get osx up and running been waiting for ages now:(

Mc Devil will you be working on the 0x056010de sata to get it working in commin months?? thanks for your time and help great driver its helped alot people cant wait till iam added to that list of working sata drives cheers

Well, i think i'll remain with my "poor" 30MB/sec... I'm not that old... the c64 were used like 10 years ago... (mine is somewhere in the basement, and still works) :unsure:

Hi, MeDevil great job and thank you so much fir the sources.

Here some results i got with my old Hackintosh:

Results 100.67

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.4.9 (8P2137)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ACPI

Drive Type Maxtor 6V320F0

Disk Test 113.85

Sequential 132.14

Uncached Write 138.24 84.88 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 134.22 75.94 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 120.92 35.39 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 136.67 68.69 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 100.00

Uncached Write 75.00 7.94 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 117.94 37.76 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 93.36 0.66 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 133.76 24.82 MB/sec [256K blocks]

As i wans't shure it could be true, i just copy some file and set of files

from one disk to another and got these results:

207 MB in 2.7 sec -> 76.6 MB/sec

660 MB multiple files -> 69 MB/esc

6.53 GB one file -> 65.5 MB/sec

as you can see your driver works and works pretty fine.

Congratulation.

Ok ladies. If your nForce SATA Is Not Listed In AHCI section u may try add your DevID to corresponding lines in info.plist

If you see some error messages like " phy reset" or {censored} like this, REMOVE other DevID. May help.

IN ALL CASES READ PREVIOUS POSTS.

To stop silly questions.

MAINLY ALL QUESTIONS ON minimally 5 pages back WERE ANSWERED BEFORE.

Sorry for possible rudiness but...

U know what.

Silly Questions = Silly Answerz.

Just an update after some more testing... It seems I only get freezes on heavy PATA activity... I can't duplicate it with solely SATA activity. (I have an nForce 430.) And nothing gets logged that I see, making it hard to determine just why it's freezing. Possibly as my logs are on the PATA drive...  :D

For now, I've reverted to AppleVIAATA.kext, for stability. But, wow is it slow in comparison! I didn't notice the speed bump (even for PATA) when changing to your driver, MeDevil, but I certainly notice the loss!  :)

Again, if there's anything I can do to help debug, please let me know!

Ciao a tutti!

Hi to all!

I finally installed zeph amd leopard 10.5.1 on my compq presario (amd turion 2 core, nforce 430 120 gb sata)

But when I bootup from the hard disk i see only I blinking cursor on top left.

I set partition active using a live hiren's cd because I cannot write any command in terminal neither form leopad or tiger dvd,

nor booting into -v -s -legacy mode. I cannot write and I guess it boots the system in single user mode but read only.

Please help me thanx!

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE

Please tell me how to put kext into dvd iso. I know this is lame question, that slows down this topic and you're sick of those lame questions, but please, I couldn't find that anywhere, is it just that I'll put kext file in there trough poweriso or transmac or something like that?

Please note that I have acces only to windows at this moment, I already solved one issue with upgrading BIOS, but now I am stuck with this - I don't see any drives. And because I'm a retard I already deleted ISO, because why would I need it after burning right :)

Well anyways, I almost have it again, so if somebody could please tell me how to implement kext in a meantime I'd appreaciate it very much, thanks in advance for saving me bunch a blank dvd.

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE

Please tell me how to put kext into dvd iso. I know this is lame question, that slows down this topic and you're sick of those lame questions, but please, I couldn't find that anywhere, is it just that I'll put kext file in there trough poweriso or transmac or something like that?

Please note that I have acces only to windows at this moment, I already solved one issue with upgrading BIOS, but now I am stuck with this - I don't see any drives. And because I'm a retard I already deleted ISO, because why would I need it after burning right :(

Well anyways, I almost have it again, so if somebody could please tell me how to implement kext in a meantime I'd appreaciate it very much, thanks in advance for saving me bunch a blank dvd.

in this thread is a link to other thread with how to. you are not first. read before write.

thank you.

other thing: go buy 4GB flash disk. install tiger (takes cca 3 GB). than u can fix the iso placed on HDD. injecting kext to working install u know. (hope)

MacDrive 7 may help with that.