NForce SATA Controller

MeDevil

757 posts in this topic

Hello

First, happy new year to all members :D

Im a "new member" in the forum, and i say "new member" because i've been reading this forum some weeks ago, but i

didn't have nothing to say or ask, just reading and learning

But since i cant install leopard or tiger on my lap because doesn't recognize my HD, i've tryed to find a solution

but no results :D

So i found this topic, and i have a question

My laptops is an acer and the cpu-z say that my motherboard is a nForce 560, my HD is sata and the osx installation doesn't look my HD, so i found this kext as the solution, but if i search my device id, it is 0x056010de, but this id appear in AHCI Sata enabled, so, i cant use this kext to boot and install tiger or leopard natively?

Other question that i think shouldn't be posted here but i will :D

I found in internet, a file called NForce 5.pkg, this file could help me to boot and install natively the osx? If yes, how can i add it to my os x installation if i only can install the 10.4.9 v1.4a uphuck on vmware to a partition in my sata disk but it only can boot from vmware?

I hope i've explained my self and sorry for my bad english :)

Cya and tnx for all

Hello

First, happy new year to all members :)

Im a "new member" in the forum, and i say "new member" because i've been reading this forum some weeks ago, but i

didn't have nothing to say or ask, just reading and learning

But since i cant install leopard or tiger on my lap because doesn't recognize my HD, i've tryed to find a solution

but no results :)

So i found this topic, and i have a question

My laptops is an acer and the cpu-z say that my motherboard is a nForce 560, my HD is sata and the osx installation doesn't look my HD, so i found this kext as the solution, but if i search my device id, it is 0x056010de, but this id appear in AHCI Sata enabled, so, i cant use this kext to boot and install tiger or leopard natively?

Other question that i think shouldn't be posted here but i will :D

I found in internet, a file called NForce 5.pkg, this file could help me to boot and install natively the osx? If yes, how can i add it to my os x installation if i only can install the 10.4.9 v1.4a uphuck on vmware to a partition in my sata disk but it only can boot from vmware?

I hope i've explained my self and sorry for my bad english :)

Cya and tnx for all

Well, this driver (kext) isn't projected for that type of hardware (ahci). However, some user(s) have reported it to work with the 0x056010de device/vendor id. So just add 0x056010de to the info.plist and inject the kext into the dvd. You'll find a short guide on how to inject the kext into the dvd in this thread, or (as usual) a longer version in the forum (don't ask me where, i don't know!).

Regards, Domenico.

Now that I've got OSX running on my laptop (hp dv6119us), I've got 2 more issues to tackle. The first one would be the ps2keyboard kext (laptop keyboard/trackpad freezes on boot), and the other one is the goddamn geforce go 6150.

I haven't seen much driver support for the geforce go 6150, most people say it's hopeless to get it working. The main reason being the shared vram. Any chance they might be wrong about that? I heard that macvidia driver lets you change resolution, but I can't seem to get it working.

Look at my signature. It links you to a guide how you can make your card working - sort of. No QE / CI and just 60 Hz. But it doesn't matter on a LCD screen.

yES, i HAVE MY LEOPARD ON sata NOW! tHANKS AGAIN, md! gREAT JOB! :):thumbsup_anim:

Hello,

I remember that You have (or had) same hardware than me (P5N-E sli)?

Good to know it's possible - gives much more hope to proceed ;)

Can you give me some help (or anyone?)

I copied my Leopard install from IDE-drive to SATA-drive. Using XP and DD. Booted to SATA and leopard booted ok BUT there was heavy disc activity on IDE-drive during booting. I disconnected IDE-drive and tried to boot again from SATA using -v. It boots and stops to phase "still waiting for boot-drive or what something like that".

Should I also bless the SATA-drive? I assume that using DD is not enaugh. It makes sector-copy of disk and sets MBR, active and boot-loader but leaves some critical information out. Somewhere on the SATA-drive there is a still piece of information telling to darwin that the system is actually on the IDE-drive. So when IDE is connected it loads boot-sector from SATA but then transfers the sequence to IDE. Will bless change this so that I can remove the IDE?

Detailed instructions preferred since I am totally noobie on this.

Thanks.

-mcMike

Hello,

I remember that You have (or had) same hardware than me (P5N-E sli)?

Good to know it's possible - gives much more hope to proceed :)

Can you give me some help (or anyone?)

I copied my Leopard install from IDE-drive to SATA-drive. Using XP and DD. Booted to SATA and leopard booted ok BUT there was heavy disc activity on IDE-drive during booting. I disconnected IDE-drive and tried to boot again from SATA using -v. It boots and stops to phase "still waiting for boot-drive or what something like that".

Should I also bless the SATA-drive? I assume that using DD is not enaugh. It makes sector-copy of disk and sets MBR, active and boot-loader but leaves some critical information out. Somewhere on the SATA-drive there is a still piece of information telling to darwin that the system is actually on the IDE-drive. So when IDE is connected it loads boot-sector from SATA but then transfers the sequence to IDE. Will bless change this so that I can remove the IDE?

Detailed instructions preferred since I am totally noobie on this.

Thanks.

-mcMike

yes, you should bless the sata drive, but it's not working i know..

and i have encountered similar as you memtion 'the transfer sequence',

so i can't figure it out and the sys is indeed load both sata or ide partitions randomly (i assume),

i do something else to bypass this problem,

i back the files on ide drive, and i can boot sata drive,

here comes the second problems, since i didn't bless the sata drive,

system failure error shows up,

so i try to use tboot/chain0 too boot up the sata drive,

and that work flawlessly now, be careful there couldn't be a two or more hfs+ partitions located

in different drvies, that would lead to black screen or waiting for boot device problems,

try it and report work see if this help :thumbsup_anim:

Ok I wanted to use Disk Utility to make Partitions but i can't make them i onley get an I/0 Error from the Disk Utility. The same Problems with the JAS 1.4.8 AMD, Uphuck 1.4.9a and the Leopard AMD DVD.

So for me it seems like the Driver mounts the Harddrives only Read-Only.

Also I can't access to a pre formated drive made by Mac Drive.

My device-id is 0x0256de and 0x0255de

I hope this will hel you-

use last revision 31-12-07 ,if i remember good, to add/replace.

in instalations u have listed are instalations with previous versions (theyre read only)

only version 31-12-07 New Years Gift is correctly R/W on "most" hardware. must have DevID correctly enlisted in info.plist

(inside the kext as describe s.w. ib this or other thread)

Look at my signature. It links you to a guide how you can make your card working - sort of. No QE / CI and just 60 Hz. But it doesn't matter on a LCD screen.
Thanks, I'll try deleting the .bundle thing when I get home from work.
i had my hopes up so high, yet, 4 dvd's later, still cannot get a working install. kp everytime after install. it feels like it should work, it installs flawlessly
Are you rebooting to the DVD after installation and copying the kexts to the harddrive, using the terminal, before trying to boot from the harddrive?If so, did you try booting with -legacy?and if that didn't work, I'd suggest downloading the latest kernel and copying that onto the newly installed OSX partition. (via the install disc)

Hi,

Is there anyway of applying this to the Jas 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2 iso file.

I think this might be my problem because i'm trying to get osx onto my laptop and therefore only have one hard drive. I've got a NVIDIA nforce 560 chipset if that'l help confirm it.

Thanks I guess, but no luck here. I've got an ASUS A8N-SLI with NForce 4 chipset, and I've correctly injected the SATA driver into my ISO (which like Maxdicapua is also the JaS 10.4.8 ISO). I know this because upon booting the DVD I notice the AppleNVIDIAnforce message which I'm sure means your driver and no-one elses, but there's no difference - the system will still either stuff up during the formatting of a partition for installation or will freeze at some point during installation, just like the original ISO did on my SATA drive.

Either my mobo is not supported, I've stuffed up the injection of the driver somehow despite following instructions to the letter, or perhaps another Extension has taken control of my SATA that happens to be broken. Either way, this computer ain't running OS X anytime soon.

Thanks I guess, but no luck here. I've got an ASUS A8N-SLI with NForce 4 chipset, and I've correctly injected the SATA driver into my ISO (which like Maxdicapua is also the JaS 10.4.8 ISO). I know this because upon booting the DVD I notice the AppleNVIDIAnforce message which I'm sure means your driver and no-one elses, but there's no difference - the system will still either stuff up during the formatting of a partition for installation or will freeze at some point during installation, just like the original ISO did on my SATA drive.

Either my mobo is not supported, I've stuffed up the injection of the driver somehow despite following instructions to the letter, or perhaps another Extension has taken control of my SATA that happens to be broken. Either way, this computer ain't running OS X anytime soon.

did you check to make sure that the original driver doesn't exist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAController.kext/Contents/Plugins ?

I think you haven't injected the new SATA driver correctly, in my mind, A8N-sli is using nforce 4 ultra...

Are you rebooting to the DVD after installation and copying the kexts to the harddrive, using the terminal, before trying to boot from the harddrive?If so, did you try booting with -legacy?and if that didn't work, I'd suggest downloading the latest kernel and copying that onto the newly installed OSX partition. (via the install disc)

it does work, really well actually. i was using efiv8 to link to it in grub, but i just told grub to directly to the drive and it boots!!!!! but the display isn't working, the reason i know the computer is working because i pressed the power button then S then ENTER and the computer went to sleep lol. i am excited, time to start hunting for a driver, im using x1800gto with 226bw through dvi, if anyone wants to help, but i shall be searching like sherlock holmes now lol.

edit: jeez feels like there is no end in sight. i finally get video working, then the video plays (yay), the video ends, grey screen, video plays again!! damn it! im just jump jump jumpin through hoops for this. thanks for the the driver if i didn't already say so already, almost pandora's box though since its had me reinstalling on my comp a million times lol. i don't have the will power to stop til it works,

I'm getting little progress here, I've copied my tiger installation from my USB-HDD to my SATA partition at first i couldn't get it to boot, but using the rd=disk0s3 command i was able to boot from the SATA drive.

The only problem is that I'm getting the error: IOATAController device blocking bus, does anyone know how i could get past this error?

I'm feeling I am getting closer to get OSX onto my SATA HD :D

~p-J

Yes I already only got my Dev ID under de SATA part.

<string>NForce SATA</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AppleNForceATARoot</string>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x03f610de</string>

Should i remove all the Dev ID's under the PATA part?

<string>NForce PATA</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de 0x044810de</string>

Yes I already only got my Dev ID under de SATA part.

<string>NForce SATA</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>0x03f610de</string>

Should i remove all the Dev ID's under the PATA part?

<string>NForce PATA</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>0x01bc10de 0x006510de 0x008510de 0x00d510de 0x00e510de 0x003510de 0x005310de 0x026510de 0x036e10de 0x03ec10de 0x044810de</string>

:-) ehmmm, yes?

anyhow nForce 430/410 MCP51 DevID is st like 0x0265 to 0x0267... as i have it on my Presario.

Is your DevID taken from Win{censored} Contol Panels?

MeDevil

Question: Is realy needed to focus on PATA part if "generic" AppleOnboardATA detects and work with PATA?

Now quite off topic, i know.

And other:

AHCI enabler tip for AHCI "supported" nForce chipsets? Probably as new thread.

hey medevil thanx for the driver, just wondering if it recognizes the raid mode?

from your first page report results it looks like your hdd is in raid mode or stg?

i m asking this bcoz all 3 hdds of mine are in raid 0 mode in asus p5n32-e sli deluxe mobo with 680i chipset

thanx in advance...