KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Yes i try that, but i still get it?

I but it usb memory stik that bootefi folder and i boot from dvd.

I had asus p5k se morherboard

im succesfully runnin osx 10.5.2 on Asus P5K (With KaylwayInstall)

Everything onboard works ;)

Audio -> Yep , select alc883 in installer

Lan -> Yep , install attansicL1 driver after install..

GFX -> X1950 Pro -> Dual Monitor 19" CI/QE Working -_- (Thnx Bronya)

And its on Dual boot with WindowsXP for Gaming (Using the darwin bootloader, this is easy 1-2-3 dualboot)

Good day people. Another new-bie bugging here. I install Kalyway's DVD and everything works fine during the installation. I reboot then the WELCOME movie popped-out. Clear movie, great sound.. then it proceed to information collection & registration.After doing so, it should go on login window app right...? the thing is, it stuck there. I tried to safeboot and the login windows manager came-out. But everytime I try to choose a user, every goes mambo-jambo! (stucked in the blue screen with the rotating wheel cursor)I tried to wait for a while but after several minutes, hdd activities goes out.What do you think the problem here, guys?and oh! the specs where i installed 10.5 wereIntel Celeron D (3.08 Ghz)2 gig Kingston DDR2 RAM256 MB Graphics Card (Nvidia FX 5500)10 Gig HDD (spare) / 200 Gig HDD (for windows -- spare)I had previously installed JaS OS 10.4.8 there and it worked fine, as in no problems.I cannot see any reason why it stop on user loading blah blah blah..Any help would be appreciated!Thanks in advance!

;)KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)All IchX and Jmicron compatible !!!but still problem with ide dvdrom on jmicron controller! Read carefully !!! screen1pf5.pngscreen2qr7.pngdesigned and repacked by KALYWAY! additionnal scripting and customs drivers by DUNE !you can try vanilla kernel at dvd boot ! just type vanilla after f8 !!!you can use Diskutility to format the whole hd as you want ( guid or mbr)! then select custom install !!!this installer will set hd bootable for you !just have to select boot guid or boot mbr depending on what partition map you have chosen before with diskutility !CAUTION for mbr choice: we advise you to use an empty disk but if you have no other choice than installing Leo on a disk where windows is already installed, you should be aware of that the installer will active the leo partition, so to be able to boot again on your windows,you should install a bootloader (eg. Grub) , or you can active back the windows partition with fdisk and use chain0 (if your leo partition is under the 200gb of the HD).FIXES include : x11 update (resolve issue wit gimp and some x11 app! ; directoryservices ; otools (resolve packages maker crashes)Some drivers extras setting are present (Only select one driver for each section!! ) sleep kernel 9.1 install by default ! intel sse2 systemvideo driversaudio driversnetwork driversVanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse) ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse)bootloader guid or mbr Additionnals applications ! fairmount (dvd decript that work with vlc)VLC (video players for divx and various format)perian codec for quicktime (divx and various unsupported quicktime formats)Better zip (archive utility)Pacifist (pkg extractor and installer)kexthelper ( kext installer for noobz)transmission ( light weight torrent client)Google notifier (menubar notifier for your gmail account)PPF-O-Matic ( utility for applying ppf patch)stuffit expander ( for extract sit rar and zip archives)Change finder ( make visible or invisible system files)Colloquy (irc client)Solarseek (soulseek client)i have make a restore app ! for Restore_Factory_Desktop_finder_settingsRestore_Factory_Desktop_Finder_settings (default background,icons,dock)for change orange colour in window finder! right click on orange colour then Show view options and select background white !! use by default !new users accounts will be virgin ! CAN BE USED ON ALL 10.5.x DISTRO !!!it's all !!KALYWAY DVD DONATIONS (contribute to leo osx86 developpement dvd)MD5 for KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1_intell_SSE2_SSE3.zip aff692cfe4daaae471f528974f5bac07 MD5 for kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso f8546bde2a5b3c7dff47f2aab31862a9THANKS TO ALL OSX86 COMMUNITY and TEAM OF HACKINTOSH !!IRC irc.osx86.hu #Kalyway.DVDSpecials thanks to netkas , def , turbo ; asap , jccool ,joblo,dan , rofl , joe75 , kabyl , Chiva4ry and all the others !!!Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)To Apple:Think of this as of a demo version and as of a free marketing campaign. Therefore, let it beENJOY ! if you love MacOSX think to buy it !!!This DVD should only be used to preview Mac OS X Leopard. If you really like Mac OS X Leopard and you want to use it,you should get a real Mac. If buying a real Mac is too much, you can, at least, buy a license for Mac OS X Leopard.
Good day people. Another new-bie bugging here. I install Kalyway's DVD and everything works fine during the installation. I reboot then the WELCOME movie popped-out. Clear movie, great sound.. then it proceed to information collection & registration. After doing so, it should go on login window app right...? the thing is, it stuck there. I tried to safeboot and the login windows manager came-out. But everytime I try to choose a user, every goes mambo-jambo! (stucked in the blue screen with the rotating wheel cursor) I tried to wait for a while but after several minutes, hdd activities goes out. What do you think the problem here, guys? and oh! the specs where i installed 10.5 were Intel Celeron D (3.08 Ghz) 2 gig Kingston DDR2 RAM 256 MB Graphics Card (Nvidia FX 5500) 10 Gig HDD (spare) / 200 Gig HDD (for windows -- spare) I had previously installed JaS OS 10.4.8 there and it worked fine, as in no problems. I cannot see any reason why it stop on user loading blah blah blah.. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I'm looking to install this on an PATA IDE drive connected to a jmicron controller (asus p5b). as I've gone through the thread it seems that a sata dvd drive is required for instalation but will i be able to use the pata hdd to install to & boot?

thanks

Happy Camper (now).

I had struggled with OSX86 installs and gave up a few times.

Then I put together a ECS 945GCT-M/1333 V3.0 motherboard with an E6750 core 2 duo cpu, IDE DVD drive and SATA hard disk. KALWAY 10.5.1 installed and ran very well with only the audio not working. Tried to patch it but resorted to an external USB audio solution. This machine works well.

I found a good buy on a Q6600 quad core cpu, selected a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev 2 motheboard, 4GBs of DDR2, EVGA 7600 video card, IDE DVD drive and SATA hard drive(s). About $600 invested over time on the system.

KALWAY 10.5.1 installed and EVERYTHING works including audio!

So I reinstalled on a 160GB SATA drive, dual boot, with KALWAY OSX on the first partition and XP-SP3 on the second. I use Darwin as the boot loader.

As a note, I used the Disk Utility from a DVD boot to partition the drive, MBR, partition 1 as MAC OS Extended (journaled), partition 2 as MS-DOS FAT 32.

Then installed XP to partition 2 and selected NTFS format. Then rebooted the the KALWAY DVD and installed OSX to partition 1.

The point of my post is this, given compatible hardware most should be able to have a good experiece. Check the HCL listings.

Neil.

Hello!

Hmmm i just can´t install OSx86 on my notebook.

I have a Dell XPS m1730

With

Intel Matrix Storage RAID0 ICH8-M

4GB Ram

Intel core 2 duo extreme x7900

2x Nvidia 8700M

kalyway 10.5.1_leo iso

Problems that i´ve encountered:

1st random kernels panic at install DVD boot "you need to reestart you computer"

2nd At disk utility i see only one partition that does not exist (!?!)

I have 4 partions on RAID0

one created on the vista instalation NTFS

3 created at openSuse instaltion 2 ext3 and 1 FAT (for the MAC)

in that order, all of them primary

Any ideia?

Tks!

Hi

I have successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on an IBM Thinkpad R52 1847 series. The machine has an ATI x300 graphics card and it seems to me that its working fine. During the install, I had chosen the SSE2 option and in the Boot options I chose MBR.

The thinkpad has an Intel 2200 BG wireless card which is not working and thus I am not able to test the internet.

The machine is a dual boot with Ubuntu 8.04. The grub was removed during the OSx86 install and I had reintsall it using Ubuntu Live CD.

Thats my success story so far

Hi!

I've installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on my INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6750 with ASUS P5K SE P35 motherboard. I've put the installation on an external-hdd and used GUID as partition. OsX86 is the only thing on the hd. The disc number is 2 and the partition with osx86 seem to be 2 also.

The problem is that I can only boot osx86 with the dvd otherways I got a blinking cursor. To boot the osx I use rd=disk2s2, it works but I want to boot without the CD, how can I do this?

Thanks for your help!

hi.

I installed the kalyway 10.5.1 on my Sony vaio. It says that it had a successful install but when I go to reboot after I just get a blinking cursor and nothing happens.

I have a

Sony vaio

Intel P4 ht 3.20GHz processor with SSE2 SSE3

1.5 GB ram

300 GB SATA HDD with 2 partitions (1st is 15GB for leopard; 2nd is 285GB for vista)

I think I'm confused on what to select in the customize section before I install

when I installed it the first time I selected:

vanilla kernel

mbr

If some one could help me with what in doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I installed kalyway 10.5.1 then got sound and video to work. after while installing World of warcraft I started getting RESTART BY HOLDING POWER BUTTON panics. Then I installed 10.5.2 thinking it might fix the panic but didnt. So I started under safe mode and it was able to take the install without the RESTART panic. I would sometimes get the RESTART panic while trying to install other software too. I installed Roxio Toast last night and didnt get the panic while installing, but I get the panic while its burning a DVD. Im new to all this hakintosh thing and I was wondering if you guys knew what may be causing this, or what you guys need me to do so you can get a better idea one whats causing all these RESTART panics. I would burn in safe mode if I could, but it wont. Also now that Warcraft is up and running, if i use the video recording option, I get the RESTART panic. My specs are P35-DS3L, 3.0ghz Intel Core 2 duo, 4gb DDR2 800mhz Gskill , 8800GTS 320mb, SATA 300gb, Samsung DVDRW. Used Kalyway 10.5.1 to install and updated to kalyway 10.5.2. LAN,Sound, Video works. Used the NVinject for video drivers. Please help. Let me know if a retail Leopard will help the issue. Im willing to spend the money.

Thanks

im succesfully runnin osx 10.5.2 on Asus P5K (With KaylwayInstall)

every thing work perfectly and it run now for 3 days without crash. this is wonderfull.

I am just wonder how to find is my kernel only 32-bit system or 64-bit system. Leopard come in 2 version one is 32-bit and 64-bit. in 64-bit no need to use PAE mode in intel CPU.

I have tried java 64 bit, but no application can run on it. so Java application on 32 are limited to 2000 Gb.

well it turns out that my computer does have a DVD burner so i burned Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso on toast 9 titanium to a DVD+R at 2x speed

but when i put the dvd in and reboot from the dvd to install kalyway it goes to single user mode i believe then it runs some lines of code on a black screen

then it says ERROR firewire cannot be found or something with firewire is not working right

then it says some stuff about USB then it just freezes.

is this file only for people who have mac software on there pc, or is it for real macintosh's

and i have a macintosh core 2 duo 17" with tiger installed

i bought it in 2006

if you have any ideas\help for me please leave them

thanks

trying to install on a thinkcentre ibm ive been able to install toh an other kalaway disc this starts like the others but then the cursor just flashes an flashes then reboots has this happened to anyone else any help is needed

Hey, if you have a minute to send me a PM, or post here, could you give me some pointers on how you got your system working? I've had a helluva time and my system is very similar to yours. I have a Pavilion Elite M9150F, and I'm trying to install onto my second hard drive. I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2, iATKOS v1.0ir2 and V2.0i, Leo4All v2 and v3 and have had no luck. With Leo4All v3 I was able to get the install done using the cpus=1 flag, but had no luck booting once the install was completed.

If you could give me some tips on what platform to use and how you got it to work on your system that would be greatly appreciated. My specs are as follows:

Processor:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 (K) 2.4 GHz (95W)

• 1066 MHz front side bus
  • Socket 775

Chipset:

Intel G33 Express

Motherboard:

Manufacturer: Asus

Motherboard Name: IPIBL-LBHP/Compaq motherboard name: Benicia-GL8E

Memory:

3GB PC-5300 667MHz Hard Drive:

720 GB (2 x 360) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)

Optical Drive 1:

16x Dual Layer DVD+/- RW with LightScribe

Optical Drive 2:

2.4x HD DVD-ROM drive

Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g

256MB DDR2 nVidia GeForce 8500GT

Hauppage TV tuner card with FM tuner

Integrated High Definition Audio:

Realtek ALC 888S chipset

Integrated 10/100/1000 Base-T networking interface

15-In-One Memory Card Reader

Firewire and USB 2.0 ports

HP wireless USB keyboard and Mouse

USB infrared remote

hello there kaly...

im newbie here... i would like to ask you is it ok if i install on the kalyway 10.5.2 intel amd sse2 sse3 DVD without the kalyway 10.5.1 ?? thnks before...

really apreciate it...

Nugraha

Hi

I've downloaded "kalyway leopard 10 5 2 dvd intel amd 4122511 tpb".

Booted from DVD but hanged straight after the screen shows:

"got _PSS data for cpu index 2, but expected index n ... acpi_smc_platformplugin

Darwin kernel version 9.2.0:

Made by toh:xnu-1228/build/obj/release_i386"

What should I do?

Is there any step by step guide for this installation?

Help please!!!

i cant get my pc to boot up from the dvd it just skips to booting ubuntu.

tried burning at lower speeds.

im using sony dvd-r's at 1x and 4x (tried it a few times)

burning using a macbook pro and a superdrive. abd the burn app.

any ideas?

tried going into the bios and telling it to boot form the dvd but it wont.

installed ubuntu from cd using same drive.

Hi there,

I have recently had to re-install kalyway's 10.5.1 and that was not a problem at all, it works fine on my machine. but since the re-install I can only boot into this if the dvd is in my machine. I have read through the forum and have done a re-install and taken the disc out before re-install but that does not make a difference. I do not really know why this is happening, because I have done it the exact same way before and there where no problems.

my specs are:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT

2GB DDR400 Ram

80GB 7200RPM HDD.

However all the hardware works fine on my system. I have formatted my HDD to be MBR and selected that option in the install and I also tried to do it with GUID (witht he correct formatting) but no luck. I think I have done my homework but am have hit a brick wall. (Please don't let your cat shoot me Dune :D )

Any Help??

I try to install but on the first screen that shows the apple logo and the spinning circle everything goes fine untill about 10 minutes later the spinning circle freezes and the screen stays the same for hours, i left it overnight and it stayed on the same screen. Please help!

I have a 3.00 ghz pentium 4 processor which supports MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

A 256 MB, DDR, PCI Video Card

I have 1.5 GB of Ram

I have 2 seagate hard disks, one 320 gb's and one 200 gbs (The 200 gb one is the one im trying to install Kalaway on)

I have a Intel D915GAG Motherboard

I have a standard Pioneer dvd burner

Use F8 (I think) to enter bootoptions. Type -v and have a look at the consoleoutput and post some details.

I have problems with the sleepmode. I could sent my laptop to sleep, but it wakes up imediatly. Seems if something sends a wake up signal after reaching in sleepmode.

I have used the standard sleep-kernel.

Config: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...2F_LEADER_W230N

And litte problems I have with USB WLAN card: RTL 8187. After ejecting USBs stick, the WLAN card is ejected, too :)

Everything else works fine. Any suggestions to fix the problems?

Yours Simon

Just sharing experience with installing this release.

Had a lot of trouble with either the installer freezing during the last minute of the install, or the "blinking cursor" upon reboot.

The following combination of settings finally worked for my particular machine (Intel GNTLKR/D930)

In the BIOS under drive settings: AHCI - ON

When formatting the harddrive with disk utility, choose the MBR partition scheme.

When customizing the install, don't use the vanilla kernel, and do use the MBR bootloader.

Also I used "Gparted" - a great linux partition editor, to check that my disk had it's flag set to bootable.

GREAT work KALY.

Thanks

PS just downloaded the 10.5.2 DVD, will report how that works out (or doesn't) ;)