KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi CaptRage,

I'm guessing that your server has a Raid configuration of some type. I have a Dell XPS Gen4 PC and had similar problems. Try the following: 1) If you have a laptop ot another PC that does NOT have a Raid configuration, see if the DVD will "boot" correctly. If so, then you know your DVD is OK. 2) If your DVD is OK, then break your Raid Array and try again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I do not have raid set up, I have 2 sata drives, one has xp and one has vista. I also have an IDE drive with nothing on it. All are NTFS partitions. I figured that I would be able to re-format either of the drives once Leopard boots up.

I did find another dvd drive on a different computer that I will try. Update: I tried on another computer and I got the same errors. I am going to try to burn another copy. I am using CDBurnerXP to burn the ISO. The ISO file is ~4.6 GB and takes ~15 minutes to create the DVD (I am putting it on DVD+R's). When I look at the DVD in windows I only see 129kb worth of stuff (I know that windows can't read the other format). How can I tell if the DVD burned properly and all the data is there?

Any more ideas...keep them comming :D

Hi CaptRage,

Sorry that I sent you in the wrong direction regarding the Raid topic. I use both UltraISO and ImgBurn (free) software and DVD+Rs (and I have also used CloneDVD to burn DVDs too) and they all appear to work fine for me. And you are right that Windows will only see just a smattering of the full DVD data. Interestingly enough, both of my desktops are using SATA drives and both of my laptops use IDE so maybe that is my difference; but I see that you already tried the IDE drive/PC. So it appears that I may not be able ot offer any solutions.

There is another complete thread in this forum about "Com.apple.boot.plist not found" error message. Search around in here or do google search and that thread will appear somewhere in the list. There are tons of suggestions but none of them worked for me.

One last question (and this is a stretch): How big are your drives and what manufacture are they ? I always use Western Digital in all of my PCs since I have never had problems with them. Just a thought.

Maybe these suggestions might help.

Have a great day !

Pablo(2),

Thanks for the help. My IDE is a WD 120 GB and I have 2 SATA 80 GB, I don't know what brand they are.

I tried using ImgBurn and the image burned successfully but when I do the verify I start getting errors at sector 52448. Could this be a bad burn, should I use some higher quality dvd's or could it be that I hit files that windows can't read?

I have an update:

I was able to get Leopard installed, the DVD media that I had was some cheap stuff. I found some better and it worked right away.

I got it all installed but I am having a few minor problems, anyone know how to fix them?

1) If I reboot without the DVD I get a b0 error

2) I have no sound, how do you upgrade or install drivers? My sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy

3) My display settings only go up to 1024x786, they should go up to 1280x1024. Again, how do you upgrade drivers? My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 PCI. Also is there a way to get it to go to a dual monitor set up?

Thanks!

known:

this is working kalaway edition.USE IT.

dont know about those other wanabees, but this one works FINE VERY FINE.

iAtkos, is iffey on nvidia and borken on INTEL.something doesnt work, i forget what.something important,because i put it down the thrash chute.

dont run OSX on nvidia board anyway.likely to bork your install.

confirmed on pentium D/4 series cpus and intel mobo 945 series.(deadmoo hardware)

everything but nvidia graffix board is stock hardware.

runs like a charm.

use the nvinject for dual heads, i hate it as i only have one head and have to connect both leads to see anything.not sure if natit from 10.4.6 supports it, but i think it does.its under the pref panel.

look for unchecked mirror displays box and

screen [1] and [2].

Hey CaptRage,

1) The "b0 error" is due to the fact that the Master Boot record is not "correct". Google this error and you will find lots of explanations that are too long to detail here. I use the Windows 98 Boot CD and at the commnad prompt use the following: fdisk /mbr

2) As to the sound problem I have the same card and ran into the same problem. Try this attached .zip file since it worked for me.

3) The graphiscs display can be changed but, in my experience, can only be done at the time you install the OS. When you boot the DVD and get to the point of choosing the "F8" option, press F8. Then on the command line add the following: "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32". And if you like you can also add the -v option to see all of the commands and their results during the install.

Have a great day!

AzaliaAudio.pkg.zip

Something very odd with me. I get to the start of the installtion screens then the screen freezes on my quad core pc. Maybe the DVD-RW disk I am using but this does not happen with my Acer laptop, any ideas please anyone ?

Dear all senior members,

Thanks for this forum as I have been learning to install OSX in my PC and it run very smooth for the last whole year. Recently I have an update from Apple site directly (from the software update) and my last working OS is 10.5.2. I tried the 10.5.4 combo update (from apple) and finally I can't boot in my working OS.

my system specs:

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd (sse2/sse3) EFI V8

CPU: Intel Q6600

Mother: Gigabyte 965P-DS4 F11

Memory: 4 Gb

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT

HDD: Hitachi 300Gb SATA / 150Gb Hitachi SATA (Windows Vista)

Sound:Onboard

LAN: Onboard

Selection for booting into different OS, is to choose from BIOS selection (F12 to select disc 1 or 2)

I tried to boot with -x -v or -f but non of these work..

The only message I got is below:

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatform Expert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE1@1F,2/AppleAHCI/SECD@/IOAHCIDevice@0/AppleAHCIDisk

Driver/IOAHCI BlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDeviceDriver/Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 Media/IOGUIDPartitionSchedme/Untitled@2

BSD root: disk0s2, major 14, minor 2

Package 0 didn't get an HPET x 15 times....

panic (CPU0 caller 0x54c39b9c):"No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly/n"@/sourceCache/AppleIntelCPU Power Management/AppleIntelCPUManagement -39/pmThread.C:100

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, Format -Frame : Return Address (4 potiential args on stack)

0x54d53f08: 0x12b0f7 (0x4581f4 0x54d53f3c 0x133230 0x0)

0x54d53f58: 0x54c39b9c (0x54c3c894 0x0 0xb5fb1d5a 0x4)

0x54d53fc8: 0x19eadc (0x0 0x0 0x1a20b5 0x63ab2e8)

Backtrace, terminated -invalid frame pointer 0

kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver AppleCPUPowerManagement (9.39.0)

@0x54c33000 --> 0x54c4cfff

BSD process name corresponding to current Thread: kernel_task

mac OS version 9c7010 kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version: 9.2.2 Tue Mar 4

Any help, advise, files or instruction will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks..... :thumbsup_anim:

Hello i'm newbie with mac... =(

My Pc:

intel pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz

1Gb Ram DDR2

GeForce 8600 GTS

1 HD with 120Gb

MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,EM64T

I tried to install it in a HD alone for it without the windows and he can not boot gives error:

System config file '/ com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

Who can help me?

Please it's urgent...because if don't work i don't have Pc =S

Thanks

Hey folks, just want to say that I have had very little in the way of problems with the Kalyway 10.5.2 install on my HP NC6400. Bluetooth, Wifi, USB, trackpad, graphics, all work out of the box and there are only a few things that I need to sort out.

My battery indicator works fine and tells me how long I have left, but my battery only works for about 20 mins tops. It's probably needing an ACPI kext or something because the battery works fine on a similar windows laptop and lasts about 3 hours.

The only other thing is that it is only working on 1 of the 2 cores, but the battery is more of an issue at the mo.

As I said though, excellent install disk.

i have some problems with this version of hackintosh

after i install it ,it boot`s and i get a blue screen (it`s my graphic card the problem , i have an ATI RADEON X1300)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone supply 10.5.1 for me? I've tried installing 10.5.2 and have had no success, but i've found a post that shows a guy installed 10.5.1 on a laptop just like mine. Could anyone upload it to a file server system so i can download it? I've checked many torrent sites and what i've found either has no sources or downloads at 2KB/s. I know that yousendit.com offers a free trial of their premium service that lets you upload up to 2GB. Maybe it could be split into two zip files then i'll recreate the iso after dowloading.

Thanks!

Hi KELY..

I am new to HACKINTOSH concept.. ( Haven't used Apple OS before ) .. can u pls help me..

my Installation cot stuk at this white apple screen wid a spinning wheel..

i tried DARWIN wid -v and it stopen at

" ERROR- Firewire unable to determine security mode; defaulting to fullscreen

Still waiting for root device

Still waiting for root device"

can you help me with this problem..

I am a die hard fan of yours..

BUGED wid using windows..

my COMP config is

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz

Intel DG 965 RY Motherboard

2GB DDR2 RAM

40GB PATA HDD

GeForce 8400 512 MB card PCIE

INTEX LAN card

i formated the hdd by MAC Drive 7 in HFS+

do i need anything more than d DVD

patcher or smthing..

pls help...

Hello, I have 2 issues with kalyway 5.1

first of all, it wont boot if I dont put in the DVD. If I do not, I see a flashing "_" at the top left of the screen (DOS). I the DVD IS in the drive, I get asked if I want to boot from the DVD. I press NOTHING the countdown goes to 0 and kalyway boots PERFECTLY FINE.

Second, I downloaded easyBCD as it is supposed to let me choose which system to boot even if it is different HDD. I heard it is a wrong thing to change the HDD boot order in BIOS so I would prefer using it. The problem which might not be a problem, is when I select mac OS, I see the flashing "_" again. Is the bootloader working? Is this error possibly the exact same as when booting from the mac HDD WITHOUT the DVD and thus easyBCD works completly fine? This is why I would like to be able to boot without the DVD first of all.

Also, a smaller but annoying problem that I have is that I have no sound. I installed Mac OS mainly for using final cut+soundtrack (for school), and I have no sound... so this is troublesome. During the install I choosed some driver packs, none seem to work (Is there a way to install them without reinstalling mac OS?). I have an intergrated sound card from sigmatel the MOBO is an intel D975XBX2KR. *I downloaded azalia pack mentionned earlier, will try it, but I think it is the driver pack I installed during the mac OS installation, is this one different then the one who come with kalyway?*

Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i'm new to this and i would love to put leopard on my laptop. i'm having some trouble though. i burned kalyway 10.5.1 onto a dvd and restarted my compt, but it doesn't boot up the install, it goes straight into vista. the boot sequence is dvd before HDD. i have vista home premium, and i'm not sure if specs matter at this point but an eee pc 1000H. maybe burn method? i used nero and i put just the iso file on the dvd. it's a dual layer. like i said i'm new so sorry if this is a really noob problem :P thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi here is my problem

My computer consists of following hardware...

CPU Q660, MSI P35Neo FIR mother board, with following things enabled/disabled

1 MPS table version 1.4

IOAPCI enabled

ACPI S3

HPET Enabled

EIST Disabled

Execute bit Enabled

3 Hard drives as per picture... XP and Vista are controlled by motherboard SATA controller while Disk 2 is controlled by PCI SATA controller which currently has Ubuntu on it....

post-277636-1220788118_thumb.png

Motherboard MSI P35 Neo FIR, Video Card MSI 8800GTS 512Mb over clocked edition.. 1KW power supply

Please let me know if you need any further details

I want to put Mac OSX on unallocated space on disk 2, but I need to know something. After I downloaded Kalyway and extracted it to my hard drive I found 2 folders containing 2 images.

One image is 4.3Gb and it is located in Kalyway folder and another image is 50-60kb and located in Mac_ OS folder? Do you know why I have 2 folders and 2 image files?

Here is a description of my problem.

When I boot of DVD+R and don't press F8 at Darwin prompt after a 1 minute or so my computer reboots. I get same result when I type –v or -s at the prompt.

Only way I get somewhere is when I type cpus=1 and get following picture

post-277636-1220788131_thumb.png

But If I go ahead and type –s cpus=1 I get this ( without fire wire error because I have disabled it in BIOS)

post-277636-1220788140_thumb.png

Otherwise it keeps rebooting every other time....

I have Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.4.10 and I can not get either of them to work

As you can see I am in dire need of your help. I have tried to press F8 and type rd=disk2s2 and that didn't

Any help appreciated

Regards

acdcfan

I am working on a Dell Inspiron E1505, and each time I try to boot the Kalyway 10.5.1 install disc, and always get a loop of com.apple.Boot.plist not found, even though I have verified it is there. I do have an IDE DVD Writer(no choice on this model) and an Intel 945GM chipset. I am not clear on how to deal with this issue. Before I even get into the install, things go wrong. I have also verified that my setup should work with Kalyway, though I am prepared to attempt another package if I must. Any ideas on what to do?

When i boot this DVD it goes to loading "Extensions.mkext" & the the computer just restarts. I have successfully Installed "ATKOS 10.5.4 V4a (AMD)" Before, but not this.

My system is:

Asus K8N4-E Mobo,

Sempron 2800+ CPU (SSE3)

IDE Hdd

IDE + USB DVD-ROM (Tried Booting DVD OFF Both)

Any Ideas ???

Also, When I press -x (safemode) it goes through a minute or so of files and then restarts the PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I have a sony vaio vgnfz140eb intel core 2 duo 1.8ghz 2gb of ram and a 200gb sata hd made by toshiba and everytime i try to install mac os x i get the error message "unable to verify base" i already formated the hd tried different kerrnels no change burned the dvd using nero 8 any thoughts on what im doing wrong ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I can't install osx86 10.5.2. Please kindly send me the how to repair Following error;

1. Booting error <<System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found>>
  2. Burned DVD size is 116KB, file system CDFS

My e-mail. otgonbaatar@msn.com

My english is very bad, i'm sorry