KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

problem here on my i7 system with asus p6t se

i've added my kext to the 10.5.2 kaly iso and burned it. but i'm getting a reboot or a cpu panic caller that is talking about the ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugin Fix - after some google action i found the noSMC bugfix but it is just for windows. i have only a macbook to add this bugfix to my iso. any workaround for this? i hope that i can fix the installation with this. or anyone other workaround?

So I've installed Mac OS X Kalyway 10.5.2 and iATKOS 10.5.1 at least 7 times now and iATKOS always gets a partition error, Kalyway always installs but leaves no bootloader, just goes straight to the CD. I use Windows 7 RC build .7100, I have to install that on another partition and use easyBCD to let the old Windows 7 be able to boot. plus by then I have no way to access Kalyway 10.5.2, and the whole partition is unreadable from Windows. I have a 1500gb HDD so enough to do this a bunch of times. And I also have a processor that supports sse3. EasyBCD tells me if I get a copy of /usr/standalone/1386/boot.efi and use it as C:\NST\nst_mac.efi I can boot into it that way. I really like Windows 7 better than mac leopard, but I've only used a mac like 15 times, and I think this would help me decide.

P.S.

I use easeus partition manager (epm)

I know I have to format it as Mac OS X extended (journaled)

I've tried fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 flag (partition #)

Maybe I could get a copy of the files from linux?

Maybe I could try to leave it as Fat32?

Any help would be nice. ^_^

problem here on my i7 system with asus p6t se

i've added my kext to the 10.5.2 kaly iso and burned it. but i'm getting a reboot or a cpu panic caller that is talking about the ACPI_SMC_Platform_Plugin Fix - after some google action i found the noSMC bugfix but it is just for windows. i have only a macbook to add this bugfix to my iso. any workaround for this? i hope that i can fix the installation with this. or anyone other workaround?

If you have install windows in a really small partition and just delete it after.

EDIT: I booted into linux mint and copied the file from there and made a backup. It booted but had a blank screen, so I booted into single user mode (-s) and did mount -uw /

/movevideodrivers

and it worked fine. but now once I "don't transfer files it screws up.

• 1 month later...
;)KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8

follow link for kalyway 10.5.2 intel amd sse2 sse3 DVD

Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)

All IchX and Jmicron compatible !!!

but still problem with ide dvdrom on jmicron controller!

Read carefully !!!

screen1pf5.pngscreen2qr7.png

designed and repacked by KALYWAY!

additionnal scripting and customs drivers by DUNE !

you can try vanilla kernel at dvd boot ! just type vanilla after f8 !!!

you can use Diskutility to format the whole hd as you want ( guid or mbr)!

then select custom install !!!

this installer will set hd bootable for you !

just have to select boot guid or boot mbr depending on what partition map you have chosen before with diskutility

!

CAUTION for mbr choice: we advise you to use an empty disk but if you have no other choice than installing Leo on a disk where windows is already installed, you should be aware of that

the installer will active the leo partition, so to be able to boot again on your windows,

you should install a bootloader (eg. Grub) , or you can active back the windows partition with fdisk and

use chain0 (if your leo partition is under the 200gb of the HD).

FIXES include : x11 update (resolve issue wit gimp and some x11 app! ; directoryservices ; otools (resolve packages maker crashes)

Some drivers extras setting are present (Only select one driver for each section!! )

sleep kernel 9.1 install by default !

intel sse2 system

video drivers

audio drivers

network drivers

Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)

ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse) ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse)

bootloader guid or mbr

Additionnals applications !

fairmount (dvd decript that work with vlc)

VLC (video players for divx and various format)

perian codec for quicktime (divx and various unsupported quicktime formats)

Better zip (archive utility)

Pacifist (pkg extractor and installer)

kexthelper ( kext installer for noobz)

transmission ( light weight torrent client)

Google notifier (menubar notifier for your gmail account)

PPF-O-Matic ( utility for applying ppf patch)

stuffit expander ( for extract sit rar and zip archives)

Change finder ( make visible or invisible system files)

Colloquy (irc client)

Solarseek (soulseek client)

i have make a restore app !

for Restore_Factory_Desktop_finder_settings

Restore_Factory_Desktop_Finder_settings (default background,icons,dock)

for change orange colour in window finder! right click on orange colour then Show view options and select background white !! use by default !

new users accounts will be virgin ! CAN BE USED ON ALL 10.5.x DISTRO !!!

it's all !!

KALYWAY DVD DONATIONS (contribute to leo osx86 developpement dvd)

MD5 for KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1_intell_SSE2_SSE3.zip

aff692cfe4daaae471f528974f5bac07

MD5 for kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso

f8546bde2a5b3c7dff47f2aab31862a9

THANKS TO ALL OSX86 COMMUNITY and TEAM OF HACKINTOSH !!

IRC irc.osx86.hu #Kalyway.DVD

Specials thanks to netkas , def , turbo ; asap , jccool ,joblo,dan , rofl , joe75 , kabyl , Chiva4ry and all the others !!!

Please stop endlessly re-posting the following questions AND READ THE THREAD (or at least do a thread search)

To Apple:

Think of this as of a demo version and as of a free marketing campaign. Therefore, let it be

ENJOY ! if you love MacOSX think to buy it !!!

This DVD should only be used to preview Mac OS X Leopard. If you really like Mac OS X Leopard and you want to use it,

you should get a real Mac. If buying a real Mac is too much, you can, at least, buy a license for Mac OS X Leopard.[

I'm trying to figure out why Disk Utility is freezing up on me, my computer specs is

Motherboard: Asus P5N-E Sli

Video card: Geforce 8600GT, Geforce 8400GS (I'm using a dual video card for my windows)

Hard Drive: SATA Western Digital 1TB (Partioned)

Everything goes fine all the up to Disk Utility, as soon as I get there it freezes.

After extensive research I could not find anybody that had the same problem.

Anybody with infinite loading time or Still waiting for root device problem

Here's the solution

You need to setup one of your hard drives as master, even if you have SATA, you need an IDE HDD so that can avoid that problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Need some help here. Unpacking with Winrar 3.71, the total unpacked size is 132,674 bytes. This seems way to small. The main file I have is 3.5 gb. I unpack that and I have the following files:

kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso (rar file)

.DS_Store

Readme

screen1.tiff

screen2.tifff

When I go to unpack the iso rar file, it's unpacked size is 132,674 bytes. It says the file should be around 4gb. Anybody know whats going on??

• 1 month later...

i downloaded kalways 10..5.2.when m booting the DVD it stops at "USING ACPI RAID FOUND AT 00xx".what may be the reason..please help me out

i am usind HP dv6 1110ax .AMD turion x2 64. are there any compatibility issue related with this laptop??

• 1 month later...

hi,

ich habe es jetzt nedlich hin bekommen auf meine HP nx6310 das Hackintosh 10.5.1 installiert. Jedoch habe ich jetzt ein paar kleine Probleme.

1.) Habe ich keinen Sound und das Internet funktioniert leider auch nicht über Lan. Habe schon überall nach Treibern gesucht aber noch nichts gefunden. Besonderst der Lantreiberwäre sehr wichtig.

2.)Vorher hatte ich win XP auf dem Pc und will es auch wieterhin nutzen. Jetzt bin ich so vorgegangen. Ich habe zwei Partitionen erstellt. Auf der ersten ist das Win XP und auf die zweite habe ich das Hackintosh installiert. Jetzt kann ich nur noch das hackintosh booten und auch nur wenn ich die DVD einlege. Wenn ich keine DVD drinnen habe, da kommt nur b0 error.

Kann mir einer helfen ich komm hier echt nicht mehr weiter.

vielen dank schonmal

• 3 weeks later...
hi,

ich habe es jetzt nedlich hin bekommen auf meine HP nx6310 das Hackintosh 10.5.1 installiert. Jedoch habe ich jetzt ein paar kleine Probleme.

1.) Habe ich keinen Sound und das Internet funktioniert leider auch nicht über Lan. Habe schon überall nach Treibern gesucht aber noch nichts gefunden. Besonderst der Lantreiberwäre sehr wichtig.

2.)Vorher hatte ich win XP auf dem Pc und will es auch wieterhin nutzen. Jetzt bin ich so vorgegangen. Ich habe zwei Partitionen erstellt. Auf der ersten ist das Win XP und auf die zweite habe ich das Hackintosh installiert. Jetzt kann ich nur noch das hackintosh booten und auch nur wenn ich die DVD einlege. Wenn ich keine DVD drinnen habe, da kommt nur b0 error.

Kann mir einer helfen ich komm hier echt nicht mehr weiter.

vielen dank schonmal

Ist ja schon bisschen her, ich hoffe Du hast es schon gelöst, aber zur Sicherheit: Was du brauchst ist ein Bootloader, und zwar Chamaeleon. Am besten einen Installer. Wenn Du den installiert hast, kannst Du beim Sart auswählen, wovon Du hochfahren willst. Im allgemeinen Würde ich mir bei den Festplattenpreisen aber auch mal überlegen, ob Du nichr lieber gleich ne zweite Platte einbaust, ist meist die bessere Lösung, da kannst Du zur Not sogar ohne Bootmanager über das Bios entscheiden, von welcher Du hochfahren willst. Und wenn DU schon dabei bist, warum installierst Du nicht gleich ein neueres System oder gleich SL?

Bon Chance

• 2 weeks later...

ok i have a dell XPS 400 and im trying to find a osx that will work on it sys specs are as follows

Processors

Intel® Pentium® D Processor up to 840 (3.2GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB) with Dual Core Technology.

Operating systems

Windows 7 64 ultimate, ubuntu 9.10. iATKOS v7 (mac osx) cant get it to boot...

Chipset

Intel® 945P chipset

i attempted to put iATKOS v7 on it because i found that other people with the xps 400 had successfully installed it.. but because how i have my dual booting set up it has to boot through Grub loader and when i select it on the list it just restarts the computer directly after. then i unplugged all HDD and put a fresh one in and tried a single boot for the iATKOS v7 and it installed and i got as far as the screen with the lizard at the top and tried every boot option on that screen and the grey apple screen flashes and then the comp restarts again.. so im lost as far as the iATKOS v7 goes.. i would really love to find an osx that will work on this comp ive been looking and trying different ones for prob about a year.. so all help will be greatly apreciated

thank you

John S.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone help me.... i used windows 7 and planned to dualboot w/ this version of mac. i installed this well but here are some of my concerns:

1. can i use my graphic card nVidia 8600gt 1gb for this version and if so how... i tried googling for some tutorials but no luck,,

2. i cant use my windows 7 os.. by the way im using this on a single disk with 3 partition 1 for windows 1 for mac and 1 for my back up files... i tried to activate the partition where my windows is using diskpart on windows console but when i try to boot it i always end up w/ b0 error.... how can i fix this... please help me... thx for this wonderful community... -_-

• 3 weeks later...
:)KALYWAY LEOPARD 10.5.1 intel SSE2 and SSE3 Only (with 512 MB of RAM)!!! efi v8

follow link for kalyway 10.5.2 intel amd sse2 sse3 DVD

All IchX and Jmicron compatible !!!

but still problem with ide dvdrom on jmicron controller!

Read carefully !!!

screen1pf5.pngscreen2qr7.png

designed and repacked by KALYWAY!

additionnal scripting and customs drivers by DUNE !

you can try vanilla kernel at dvd boot ! just type vanilla after f8 !!!

you can use Diskutility to format the whole hd as you want ( guid or mbr)!

then select custom install !!!

this installer will set hd bootable for you !

just have to select boot guid or boot mbr depending on what partition map you have chosen before with diskutility

!

CAUTION for mbr choice: we advise you to use an empty disk but if you have no other choice than installing Leo on a disk where windows is already installed, you should be aware of that

the installer will active the leo partition, so to be able to boot again on your windows,

you should install a bootloader (eg. Grub) , or you can active back the windows partition with fdisk and

use chain0 (if your leo partition is under the 200gb of the HD).

FIXES include : x11 update (resolve issue wit gimp and some x11 app! ; directoryservices ; otools (resolve packages maker crashes)

Some drivers extras setting are present (Only select one driver for each section!! )

sleep kernel 9.1 install by default !

intel sse2 system

video drivers

audio drivers

network drivers

Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)

ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse) ACPIPlatform with new PS2Fix (PS2 KB/USB Mouse)

bootloader guid or mbr

Additionnals applications !

fairmount (dvd decript that work with vlc)

VLC (video players for divx and various format)

perian codec for quicktime (divx and various unsupported quicktime formats)

Better zip (archive utility)

Pacifist (pkg extractor and installer)

kexthelper ( kext installer for noobz)

transmission ( light weight torrent client)

Google notifier (menubar notifier for your gmail account)

PPF-O-Matic ( utility for applying ppf patch)

stuffit expander ( for extract sit rar and zip archives)

Change finder ( make visible or invisible system files)

Colloquy (irc client)

Solarseek (soulseek client)

i have make a restore app !

for Restore_Factory_Desktop_finder_settings

Restore_Factory_Desktop_Finder_settings (default background,icons,dock)

for change orange colour in window finder! right click on orange colour then Show view options and select background white !! use by default !

new users accounts will be virgin ! CAN BE USED ON ALL 10.5.x DISTRO !!!

it's all !!

KALYWAY DVD DONATIONS (contribute to leo osx86 developpement dvd)

MD5 for KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1_intell_SSE2_SSE3.zip

aff692cfe4daaae471f528974f5bac07

MD5 for kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso

f8546bde2a5b3c7dff47f2aab31862a9

THANKS TO ALL OSX86 COMMUNITY and TEAM OF HACKINTOSH !!

IRC irc.osx86.hu #Kalyway.DVD

Specials thanks to netkas , def , turbo ; asap , jccool ,joblo,dan , rofl , joe75 , kabyl , Chiva4ry and all the others !!!

To Apple:

Think of this as of a demo version and as of a free marketing campaign. Therefore, let it be

ENJOY ! if you love MacOSX think to buy it !!!

This DVD should only be used to preview Mac OS X Leopard. If you really like Mac OS X Leopard and you want to use it,

you should get a real Mac. If buying a real Mac is too much, you can, at least, buy a license for Mac OS X Leopard.[

Thanks trying now

• 2 weeks later...

First I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who have posted their issues and the people who have helped. This is only my second post because I have tried to figure out as much as I can using search but I have not found a good solution for this issue yet.

I just tried installing Kalyway 10.5.2 to my 1 tb hd I partioned it as GUID 1 partition mac osx journaled

I got the installation successful screen and then it says 30 seconds to reboot. I let the system reboot and it brings up the asus screen then goes to the boot screen and says something about loading darwin86 and 4 lines after that come up but nothing happens, it just goes back to the Asus screen

I have tried everything I can find setting the partition to active, I have tried with the cd in, the cd out and still nothing. I have changed boot priority to put the hdd as 1st priority and no succcess.

This is a fresh install on a system with no other OS on it.

any help is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, hi, normally I would try to refrain from asking for help here, but i cant connect to the irc channel. So, I have Leopard installed and it boots fine. It is when I get to the set up I have a problem. I get through recognizing keyboard and languages and all that junk. I get to the part where it asks me to transfer data through time machine backups ect. since I do not own a mac I try to hit not now, but then it freezes and just starts the welcome sequence over again. If anyone knows how to fix this problem any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Adam.

• 1 month later...

All installed with a few problems, now sorted

Got the Ethernet driver installed and other things. I have not however succeed to get my dual screen to work. I have tried pretty much every website with the card in the web page, and nothing. I even tried the kext for the nearest model i could find and installed it, which really cocked it all up!

Im looking for the Radeon HD 3600

Please Help!

• 3 weeks later...