KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm getting a kernel panic every time I try to boot after install. The two installs I've tried are

- Regular Kernel, NVInject Desktop, EFI_MBR bootloader

- Vanilla Kernel, EFI_MBR bootloader

Both give panics at roughly the same time.

My specs are in my sig for anyone willing to help :D

EDIT:

This is what is put out when I boot with -v: http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=computer002fh6.jpg

Hello, I've read this entire thread and have some of the same problems others are having, but haven't seen a solution fix. I am installying Kalyway 10.5.1 on a Dell Inspirion 9100 w/Intel Core 2 @ 2.8ghz. I know the OSX86 works on this machine because I had an older version running some time ago (couldn't get ethernet working then, so I thought I would give it another shot).

I've tried the install about 10x. I am installing to a dual boot XP/OSX system with XP having its own drive and OSX having its own drive. I've tried a few different ways and it seems best to use the mbr format on the 2nd drive. The install completes successfully and yes, I do install the mbr (not guid) boot loader. There is only one option for me regarding the kernel and I choose vanilla kernel plus the fix.

For bootloader, I've used both Acronis and the XP bootloader with the chain0 method and I get the same result. I can successfully select OSX for boot in either case, but after the boot starts, a few messages appear and then the machine reboots immediately. The messages come so fast that I cannot read them. This appears to be similar to what many users are experiencing. Any tips would be appreciated.

Reading around, it looks like I need NVInstaller for my video card, but it's only available as a package. How can I install it if I get a kernel panic at boot?

Also, according to my specs, what should I be choosing as my kalyway custom options?

Currently, I'm using vanilla kernel + acpi fix and the efi_mbr bootloader (but I'm getting a kernel panic). It says the nvinject kext is for series 5, 6, and 7, so I'm not using it. (I have tried and I still get a kernel panic at the same point during boot).

anyone know what the torrent DVD size..!
4.4GB Took me 12 hours to download.

I am having some of the crappiest luck installing Kalyway 10.5.1 install. I have an Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz, Intel d915GAV motherboard and an 80GB Hard Drive. On every website i have seen, someone has gotten it to work. Does anyone know what selections I should choose in the Customize installation and how I should format my hard drive for single use? No Dual Boot.

shazwaz: rub it in why dont you to people who cant get this working. lol :P

So does anyone not know any solution to being stuck on a blue screen when trying to install this?

Specs:

Hp Pavilion DV4200

Toshiba 40GB Internal HDD

Maxtor 250GB External HDD

Mat{censored}a UJ-840D CD/DVD drive

Alps Pointing device (Track-pad)

Boradcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Texas Instruments PCI-1510 CardBus Controller

Intel Celeron M 360 CPU 1.40GHz

Please help, if im stuck on winblows anymore im likely to kill myself.....:(

ive a prob

i installed leopard kalyway 10.5.2 sucefull but, when i boot it, in the "First run Config" i select the country, keyboard,... but when y finish and press next, goes back to select country, key, etc... (every time)

my hard is:

Asus P4VDC-MX 2.0

Intel C2D E6300

ATI HD2600 Pro VGA

PD: sorry my bad english

I got it installed finally with 10.5.2 Kalaway

Video/Audio/network cards didnt work and had to install patches.

Loop install on an 8800 GT card, had to boot 640x480 to bypass movie.

Audio - HDA audio and a linux codec dump got 2 channel audio working

Network - had to add the correct PCI ID to the Network ktext, Intel Pro 100/VE (Dell onboard)

Saw both cpu's on my Dell 9100 Dimension (Older P4 model) with a D960 3.6ghz cpu.

No 1680x1050 mode, but 1920x1200 worked on NVInject. (I like lower resolution to read)

Little boot issues with grub, took me 3 days to get everything working, find resources in forums, etc.

Not all in 1 area, but able to piece together issues and drivers.

Next install should really include NVInject, HD Audio, more linux codecs. The network card was posted about a couple times.

So, Nice system, already posted my xbench scores, not bad, not core duo 2 great, but new hardware is on the way. :)

Can someone please help me I’m very new to this I downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.1 leopard and when I tried to install it I get this message “System Config File/com apple. Boot plist not found"

one is the md5 for the zip file that contains the iso.

Hey i have a dell inspiron 1520

specs:

intel core 2 duo 1.5 ghz

2 GB ram

intel 965 chipset graphics

120gb HD

i am trying to install OS X 10.5 using kalway but first as it finishes starting that darwin thing the apple logo apears the screen gets darker and a messeage asks me to restart the computer.

what should i do

Well...it doesn't look like it'll install for me. Booting the disc, it just gets to a certain point (before I get to actually do anything) and then just stops. Thats trying default or vanilla kernel.

Running it in -v mode, it doesn't throw up any errors, just stops when text mode chages to a higher res. The last line on screen being 'BSM auditing present'.

As for hardware, its a E4500 CPU running on a Intel DG33FBC board and using the builtin graphics.

And here I thought being an intel board with builtin graphics it would be smooth sailing.

Greetings!

In advance I apologize for my English.

I have put myself an apple on ASUS W6F. There was all without problem, but there is no sound and the mouse does not work. Prompt as to establish the BT mouse and a sound.

It would be desirable to be the good swither.

Thx.

Hey everyone :D

Have my machine up and running great.

However, when I changed the language settings to german most of the finder and parts of the system stayed in english. How can I change that?

Thank you!

Best

Lion

Man, I tried EVERYTHING, and my ALC888 only gives me output.

I desperately need my mic working.

What's the ncx5 dump? I tried a lot of dumps for the ALC888 with Taruga's 1.20 patcher, but none worked.

You'll find them posted together everywhere:

alc888-2.txt

alc888.txt

alc888-a.txt

alc888-b.txt

alc888-d.txt

alc888.txt

alc888_ich7_codecdump.txt

Is the ncx5 one of these?

I have a MSI P965 Neo F V.2 mobo, which has ICH8 and ALC888.

Please help!

Hello Everyone,

Finally downloaded Kalway 10.5.2, tried installing, but it just goes in a reboot loop. Tried the various -x, -s, -x v, and so on. But same results. I have disabled Legacy USB support and many other recommended components in the BIOS.

Specs:

ASROCK K8 Upgrade motherboard February 2006

AMD Sempron 1.6 GHz (64-Bit Enabled) SSE 2, SSE 3

512 MBs of DDR RAM

15 GB Partition

LITE-ON DVD drive (IDE)

I currently have 10.4.8 Jas on the partition and have installed successfully.

the Kalway ISO was burnt at the lowest speed possible (1x)

Gonna try 4 x, but would love some suggestions why this reboot loop keeps happening.

I notice reboot does not occur on my laptop and goes really far.

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I love the Kalyway install! Works great.

One problem, however. Leopard does not reconize my portable devices-flash drives, usb hdd's, etc. I does not mount or even know anything was plugged in. I then hooked a digital camera up and it worked fine. How can I get my files off my usb hdd?? Please help

Jeff