KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

I need help. Im a graphic designer and I need a mac so badly... ;C I have already purchased a VAIO laptop(model SZ740) and installed graphic apps on it. The OS installed is Windows vista which already needs an activation. I want to remove my Vista and install the KALYWAY 10.5.1 Leopard

Can I install the Kalyway 10.5.1 with my VAIO SZ740? Im sorry Im still new to this.:<

specs:

• Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor 2.4GHz
  • 13.3" Razor-thin LED backlit widescreen display with XBRITE™ LCD technology
  • Portable 4.2 pounds, 1" thin
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS + Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
  • CD/DVD burner
  • 2.5 to 4 hours standard battery life
  • Built-in 1.3 megapixel camera
  • 4 gb RAM

Godbless everyone:)

need a graphic fix?

asskick.deviantart.com

Hi all,

Just installed Kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 Update and it's working fine... (see sig.)

Only selected EFI_GUID (on SATA HD), nothing else. Tried MBR and GUID on IDE and it wouldn't boot.

Everything seems to be working fine, except a few minor details...no QE (GMA 915GV), iWork won't work properly, VLC crashes right away, Screensavers don't work.

On the other hand, LAN and Audio working fine, Firewire and USB2 (both PCI cards) working fine (including iSight) ...

Like I said, just selected GUID at install and nothing else. Audio didn't work at first but after 10.5.2 update it's working fine.

Didn't mess with BIOS, my previous settings worked fine (had 10.4.10 before).

If someone with a similar board is having problems, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to help, or as least, try to...

Best luck to all,

Trico

UPDATE: Reinstalled with a new Asus EN7300GS, just checked the correct driver, QE/CI out of the box, screensavers now working fine and so is VLC.

Hey everyone... done a lot of searching (the main search engine works slightly for me... the topic engine never brings up anything... might be due to some restrictions here @ work though), visited the Wiki, no results that have helped me yet...

I have a HP Pavilion 9625us

Quanta Motherboard

nVida nForce 560 chipset (southbridge also this)

AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 (1.8ghz) MMX (+), 3DNOW, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

GeForce 7150m/nForce 630m

dual SATA hdds

Issues:

I've downloaded Kalyway 10.5.2 AMD/Intel release and it gets into the installer just fine, will recognize my external USB drive, but not my internal SATA drives (want to put together a dualboot system).

I've tried the Kalyway Leo Bootable HDD disk, and followed instructions on the wiki to install to a USB drive... when I reboot system doesn't see my USB HDD as a bootable disk. I've booted other items from USB (flashdrives and the like...), and USB HDD is top of the list on my boot order.

Questions:

How do I get it to recognize my internal HDDs so I can setup a dual boot system?

If I decide against/can't get it to see my internals - how do I get my USB device to be seen as bootable? I'm by no means new to the pc and booting off external devices - but am completely dumbfounded here. lol.

On the WIKI instructions under the 'Options' for install I don't have some choices... bootloader for example. Ideas?

If I could figure out which files/drivers/kext's to pull from various releases to build a custom disk I should be able to get my system going... unfortunately I'm just getting into this and have no idea about mac filestructures and whatnot. I've tried the Leo4Allv3Final and I get a "waiting on root disk" error during the initial install boot. There are very few options in my bios... boot order and that's it really, quite disappointing.

Thanks everyone for any ideas/hints... my sincerest apologies if this has been covered but every way I try to search for information brings up squat. I look forward to whatever contributions I can do and working with everyone to broaden the knowledge of the board and wiki.

I am having major issues trying to install and of the 10.5 releases, as of now I have tried Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 and leo4allv3. Kaly 10.5.2 constantly rebooted, leo4allv3 got some of the way through the boot sequence then restarted the machine and kalyway 10.5.1 causes this after install:

leopardcrash.jpg

Any ideas on how the hell I get leopard installed on the config. in my sig.?? I actually own a genuine copy of Leopard from my Macbook, would it be easier to make my own disk? if so, can you give me some pointers please??

TIA

Hey Guys!

Can someone tell me what version i will use with my laptop.

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads

CPU PSN : AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

CPU EXT : MMX(+) 3DNow!(+) SSE SSE2 SSE3 x86-64

CPUID : F.8.2 / Extended : F.48

CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 512 KB

Core : Trinidad (90 nm) / Stepping : BH-F2

Freq : 803.7 MHz (200.93 * 4)

MB Brand : Quanta

MB Model : 30B8

NB : NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 rev A2

SB : NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP rev A3

GPU Type : GeForce Go 7200

GPU Clocks : Core 450 MHz / RAM 700 MHz

DirectX Version : 10.0

RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

RAM Speed : 160.7 MHz (CPU/5) @ 5-5-5-13

Slot 1 : 1024MB (PC2-5300)

Slot 1 Manufacturer : Samsung

Slot 2 : 1024MB (PC2-5300)

Thanks in advance

hi fellas i am running Kalyway 10.5.2 and my system is as follows

board: Gigabyte GA-M61SME-S2L

Memory: 1GB DDR2 800mhz

HD: 320GB samsung SATA

CPU: AMD 4000+ Dual Core Athlon running at 2.1 GHZ

Graphics:Xpert Vision GeForce 8500GT Super 512MB graphics card

i am also running two dvd burners but i havent had a problem with them

i am having problems with connecting to the network through ethernet and the sound can anyone help

Thanx VIRUS1

Hey Guys!

Can someone tell me what version i will use with my laptop.

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads

CPU PSN : AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

CPU EXT : MMX(+) 3DNow!(+) SSE SSE2 SSE3 x86-64

CPUID : F.8.2 / Extended : F.48

CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 512 KB

Core : Trinidad (90 nm) / Stepping : BH-F2

Freq : 803.7 MHz (200.93 * 4)

MB Brand : Quanta

MB Model : 30B8

NB : NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 rev A2

SB : NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP rev A3

GPU Type : GeForce Go 7200

GPU Clocks : Core 450 MHz / RAM 700 MHz

DirectX Version : 10.0

RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

RAM Speed : 160.7 MHz (CPU/5) @ 5-5-5-13

Slot 1 : 1024MB (PC2-5300)

Slot 1 Manufacturer : Samsung

Slot 2 : 1024MB (PC2-5300)

Thanks in advance

I now have a working USB boot using Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD.

After installing I couldn't boot at first, I replaced the ApplenForceATA kext's on my install drive with the ones from MeDevil (both "System\Library\Extensions\AppleNForceATA.kext" and "System\Library\Extensions\IOATAFamily.kext") and now I have a working USB boot with sound and wireless. Now I just have to work on getting the shutdown, reboot, and SATA and LAN working. Slowly getting there.

Once I get everything working on the USB install I'll go about creating a custom install disk so I can do a dual boot.

Thanks everyone for your posts and the knowledge available on this board! It's taken a LOT of searching to find the few snippets I did to get this far... odd thing being the search capabilities of the board seem to be lacking in some sences (can search for a term you're looking at in a post and it'll say no results... very odd), but have been helpful non the less. :D

HI Guys,

I just installed my OSX and updated to 10.5.2 everything seemed to work right, but now that I'm trying to install world of warcraft, I get a RESTART YOU COMPUTER message. It first happened when I tried to open Dashboard, the RESTART message came up, and now everytime I try to install WoW. Any ideas on whats causing this? Thank you

Can someone please help me I'm very new to this I downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.1 leopard and when I tried to install it I get this message "System Config File/com apple. Boot plist not found"
use select boot menu when it apears under Dell logo (press F10 for setup, press ESC boot selection on Compaq)select HDD... or DVD... what u wont to boot from... (probably autodetection boot init too fast )
HI Guys, I just installed my OSX and updated to 10.5.2 everything seemed to work right, but now that I'm trying to install world of warcraft, I get a RESTART YOU COMPUTER message. It first happened when I tried to open Dashboard, the RESTART message came up, and now everytime I try to install WoW. Any ideas on whats causing this? Thank you
AMD or Intel? - If AMD go Marvin Dont Panic - use on warcraft folderhave QE/CI/CA? - If not find driver for xour card.
I am having major issues trying to install and of the 10.5 releases, as of now I have tried Kalyway 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 and leo4allv3. Kaly 10.5.2 constantly rebooted, leo4allv3 got some of the way through the boot sequence then restarted the machine and kalyway 10.5.1 causes this after install:leopardcrash.jpgAny ideas on how the hell I get leopard installed on the config. in my sig.?? I actually own a genuine copy of Leopard from my Macbook, would it be easier to make my own disk? if so, can you give me some pointers please??TIA
SSE3?go gownload CPU-Z and check if it have SSE3, SSSE3 (whatewer whats in specs for kaly release)
I need help. Im a graphic designer and I need a mac so badly... ;C I have already purchased a VAIO laptop(model SZ740) and installed graphic apps on it. The OS installed is Windows vista which already needs an activation. I want to remove my Vista and install the KALYWAY 10.5.1 Leopard Can I install the Kalyway 10.5.1 with my VAIO SZ740? Im sorry Im still new to this.:<specs:
  • Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor 2.4GHz
  • 13.3" Razor-thin LED backlit widescreen display with XBRITE™ LCD technology
  • Portable 4.2 pounds, 1" thin
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS + Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
  • CD/DVD burner
  • 2.5 to 4 hours standard battery life
  • Built-in 1.3 megapixel camera
  • 4 gb RAM

Godbless everyone:) need a graphic fix?asskick.deviantart.com

go ahead...

Im running P35DS3L, Intel 3.0Ghz, GTS8800 320mb, and my video card is intalled with correct drivers, or at least i think it is. Whats "drivers for Xour Card" ????? I tried installing WoW from CD's then from downloading from their site and I still get the panic RESTART error.

Edit: I was able to install WoW under SAFE MODE. still wondering what was causing the problem

MR Dee

IU have an Asrock motherboard and i also had the reboot cycle problem. In the first half of all these lenghty posts there is a post about BIOS configuration. As i recall it was something about crashguard but that can't remember to well. That worked for me and i now run kaly with no problems.

Hope this works.

Hey guys,

After reading the forums and searching, i still cant find a solution.

Im using Kalways's 10.5.2 iso on my HP laptop but it wont detect my Hard disk. I assume its a Sata issue, and after reading solutions i thought it was as simple as downloading an updated AppleNForceATA.Kext file and inserting into the iso.

I dont have OSX running on any computer :)

Could someone point out to me what to do, how i can modify the iso so that the installer can find my hard disk

my current specs are : -

# CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-58 (1.9GHz/512x2 L2)

# Memory: 2GB PC5300 DDR2 2 DIMMs 0 Open

# Hard Drive: 250GB 5400RPM WD Sata - 150

# Motherboard: Q0uanta 30B8

# Screen: 15.4" WXGA Glossy

# Optical Drive: LG GSA-4084N

* 8x DVD-/+R

* 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW

* 4x DVD-/+R DL

* 5x DVD-RAM

* 24x CD-R

* 24x CD-RW

# GPU: 256MB Nvidia 7200 Go(64MB On Board & 192MB Shared)

Thanks for your creation.... Just Speechless.... Successful Skulltrail install with minor patching.

Hi i had installation problem, what i do wrong see the pics.PqjWGQA.jpgIn the installation i get this box over apple logo why?
I had the same problem till I used a differen't bootloader method... Check out my Skulltrail install topic for the file download...

Yes i try that, but i still get it?

I but it usb memory stik that bootefi folder and i boot from dvd.

I had asus p5k se morherboard

Download this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=26723

Copy it to memory stick...

Next.. Boot from DVD...

Open terminal.

type "diskutil list"

It will bring up a list of all drives that are present. Find the name of you USB device.

Next... exit diskutil

type

sudo -s [This enables root]

1:

cd /Volumes/xxxwhat.diskutil.indicates.as.your.usb.namexxx/bootefi

2:

./bootefi.sh "yourtargetdrivename" [maintain quotes around target drive name]

"yes to all"

Once finished... install and reboot.

Kalyway is just an awesome installer....

Let me know how it works

hi im new to this

and i donwloaded Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd but when i click on the .iso file it opens up this thing and it says reboot your computer then install 10.5.2 so i click it and it restarts but it just boots up with my old opperating system, tiger.

after this i tried mounting the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd on toast and it brings up two dvd images on my desktop but nothing happens

and my computer doesnt have a dvd burner so i would like to put this on an ipod verses a dvd but i cant figure anything out about this file

can anyone help me figure it out ?

hi im new to this

and i donwloaded Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd but when i click on the .iso file it opens up this thing and it says reboot your computer then install 10.5.2 so i click it and it restarts but it just boots up with my old opperating system, tiger.

after this i tried mounting the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd on toast and it brings up two dvd images on my desktop but nothing happens

and my computer doesnt have a dvd burner so i would like to put this on an ipod verses a dvd but i cant figure anything out about this file

can anyone help me figure it out ?

Hey Dan... The easiest solution would be to burn a DVD and boot from it.

Try this... seeing you don't have a burner. My recommendation is using another Harddrive for the Leopard installation. Don't use your Tiger Hard Drive... It will make life alot easier.

You can run the DVD installer from within Tiger... it's going to consist of Terminal commands.

First... Disk Utility the drive your going to install Leo too.

Erase Disk, create ONE Partition on that drive, name it something simple, and format GUID!!! Very important. Once done move to bootefi install.

Here is the file you need to download.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=26723

Open terminal.

type

sudo -s [This enables root]

1:

type cd / <-----Drag the folder you downloaded behind the forward slash (which should be on your desktop) into the Terminal window. It's simple way of telling terminall which directory you want to navigate to.

2:

./bootefi.sh "yourtargetdrivename" [maintain quotes around target drive name]

"yes to all"

Your disk is now prepared for Kalyway installation..

In terminal... ( I haven't had to go this route in this next step but it should work. When I get home from work I'll confirm this and if doesn't I'll update with a working method. This should work though)

1)

type: cd /Volumes/***Type.name.of.Kalyway.disk.volume.in.this.area***\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages

***ENTER

2)

type: open OSInstall.mpkg

***ENTER

If the installer loads... Configure your install by selecting Drive to install to and appropiate drivers (kexts). You can also install some addon programs that come with Kalyway... a lot of cool stuff there. Let Leo install. Once done Reboot and hope it works :hysterical:

If you're having kernel panics try playing with your BIOS settings first... Google peoples BIOS suggestion with Kalyway.

hi im new to this and i donwloaded Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd but when i click on the .iso file it opens up this thing and it says reboot your computer then install 10.5.2 so i click it and it restarts but it just boots up with my old opperating system, tiger. after this i tried mounting the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd on toast and it brings up two dvd images on my desktop but nothing happens and my computer doesnt have a dvd burner so i would like to put this on an ipod verses a dvd but i cant figure anything out about this file can anyone help me figure it out ?would a older 20 gb ipod work for using as an extra harddrive if so how would i put the Kalyway files in it and would i put all of them or just the ones i mounted from toast and are appering as dvds on my desktop the files i got from toast say Mac OS X Boot and kalyway10.5.2 dvd intel_amd ?and thank you so much for helping me out with this digitalperformer :)

hi guys ive got a problem. i started the kalyway disc, and everything goes fine. nothing slows down, not even at installer. but when i hit continue, a terms screen comes up. before i can hit agree, it disappears and a dialog box comes up saying mac os x could not complete installation, or something like that. any help plz? o and by the way, im kinda a n00b.

Hey *waves*

OK, I'm a complete Mac noob, never even used one :( so I have no idea how to solve this problem I'm having. I've been trying to install Kalyway 10.5.1 since yesterday, and keep coming up with the same problem, my hard drive. The DOS looking bit after it loads the files (i think) comes up with an error saying the Hard drive is read-only. It carried on with the installation so I didn't worry about it, and yes I know what read-only means. Anyway, I got to the bit where you pick the partition you want to install to and it shows my Hard Drive with a stop sign on it, so I tried going to the Disk Utility but it doesnt even show the HD. So I booted into the XP installation disc and formatted the hard drive to FAT32 in the repair console, thinking that was what needed doing, but it still comes up as read only in the DOS looking bit.

i boted with "-v vanilla" by the way. My spec is an Intel Prescott P4, 2GB of Kingston DDR2 ValueRAM, nVidea 7300 GS graphics card, and my hard drive is an 80 GB SATA drive, not sure of make/model because its from a PC I bought in a shop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

And is the installation supposed to be really slow at the GUI bit, or is it me being a core short?

i install "KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 " after i install windows xp and every thing was ok ican choice between the 2 os but when i choice the mac it give me this

Loading darwin/x86

EFi enhanced bootleoder build:ToH

using smbios table found at 0x000f0080

using ACPI RSDP revision 0 found at 0x000fa3a0

then the pc restart

and i want to ask -my cpu is sse2 & sse3 but when i customize the installer of mac it give me sse2 did i have to mark it or not?(like in the image)

screen2.jpg

I seem to have the same problem as many others with the /com.apple/Boot.plist not found error.

I got the image, I burned it to a DVD, and when I try to boot from the DVD it gave this error. If I press F8 when the error is there, it leads me to the darwin boot loader, but if I type -v it gives the error again and stops.

Funny thing is that I tried to install from VMWare and the error didn`t show, the installer started, made the partition, but the thing is VMWare freezes if there`s no activity for about 3-5 mins. So even if I go for a coffee at the first screen with the continue button, when I come back it`s frozen. Problem is the install takes more than 5 mins and it freezes at about 10%.

Any tips for either problem are apreciated :unsure: