KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have done the upgrade via the combo update. So far everythings works exept the network(ethernet).

The control-center says that the cable is not pluged in. ifconfig says that the device(en0) does not exist.

Any idea what I can do?

thanks,

mrmac

Hi,Kaly

getting problem with kelyway leo 10.5.1 , After install it restarts fine . But after few starts and shutdown the system getting unstable . It some time freeze a sky screen then after resetting I unable to boot . when it initializing sata the system restarts at end less loop (onece it lost boot disk also) . startup disk tool says unrepairable error in that partition . All time my hard disk showing as SATA 2 external ( orange icon ) hard disk , during installation also it detects as external hdd . I tryed several time reinstalling it but no result .

But once it boots it is just fine ( but it can corrupt any time during booting )

I request you , if there is you have any suggestion how to fix up my problem .

I pickup hardware conf from "osxproject wiki" 10.5.1 HCL

ASUS P5K Premium

core2quad 2.4

4GB 667

180GB HDD SATA

7900GT

Please help

Thanks

Shiladitya

@oxyigen: I'm having the same keyboard identification loop problem. Were you able to get past it? If so, how? Thanks.

Keyboard identification loop solution can be found here:

http://osx86leo4all.wikidot.com/known-issues#toc5

I've tried this and it works!

1. Disable your network card in your BIOS.

2. Boot using -s flag

3. Type in these commands at the prompt

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

/sbin/mount -uw /

passwd root ##it will ask you to enter a new password

touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone

exit

ive got a problem: when leopard goes to install, it stops about 1/16th of the way and u can hear these repetitive noises coming from the dvd drive; the installation then gives up and says it cannot read "basesystem!!!"

its probably a good idea not to select any drivers etc.?

if so should i just select vanila kernel + the other vanilla thing and the guid/mbr thing

help!!!!!!!

KALYWAY LEOPARD DVD 10.5.1 intel is 3.45 Gbytes
Hay last config that i had was a intel 915 with a 3ghz processer but that could not run fcp cause of my grifx card, i am planing to buy a new motherboard and if needed a grfix card as well, i have a intel 2.6 dual core already, my primary objective is to run FCP smoothely can any one tell me wots the best hardware i can get for that? thanks a millionHay

Please tel me how i can boot from the hard drive and not from the dvd after

leopard has installed successfuly.

And were you select drivers and stuff would the drivers for my laptop be in the list and i just tick the box?

You see i have installed it,my keyboard works and left click and right click and mouse pad work, but i have no sound and plugging stuff into the usb ports dont work either.

I have to have the dvd disc in all the time as well,so i want to just boot from the harddrive.

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

I've read 80% of pages of this thread and 50+ pages of others and I can't seam to figure out what is going wrong (a LOT to internalize)

my specs are in my sig block:

I have an intel gm965, southbridge 82801HBM (ICH8-ME)...I can't seam to find if this chipset is supported or not.

my HD is SATA with AHCI enabled.

I have tried the Kalyway 10.5.1 disk, here is what I have tried chronologically.

Loaded the install with the DVD

Loaded the disk utility & Formatted to FAT32 & chose GUID, named (labeled) disk osx

Let the install run while I was in bed, came back, message on screen: /com.apple.Boot.plist

Tried to fire up the hard drive and see if it would boot (w/o dvd in), and stalls at: localhost /usr/sbin/ocspd[64]: Starting

Rebooted and tried to run the install from the DVD again with typing “vanilla” after F8: stalls again

Rebooted tried running DVD with just –v command: stalls again

…it is odd to me that I can’t get back to the install app.

Is this a lost cause?

Hey,

I still got the problem with my ethernet(doesn´t work after combo-update to 10.5.2), but I have forgotten to write what kind of ethernet controller it is. It is a Brodcom BCM4401-B0.

I hope that will help you.

thanks

mrmac

I think Kalyway might want to be a little more exact in his wording. Mostly compatible with JMicron is more like it. Mine isn't detected and now I have 2 drives that can't be detected, but were detectable under 10.4...

JMB361 is the JMicron chip, its for the secondary IDE channel. (Yes, they're ATA drives and not SATA.)

Hey guys, using an MSI board w/ nForce 960 SoundBlaster X-Fi, Intel Core2Quad Q6600 SSE3, 4GB Ram, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB, 150GB SATA Raptor-X Drive (10000 RPM), and I/OMagic Lightscribe DVD+-RW/R/Rom drive.

So here's my problem: I get Darwin to boot and I'm able to choose my language. It gets to the "Preparing Install" screen with the scrolling swirly bar thingy and after a few minutes, the drive activity light stops blinking and the swirly bar stops completely. The mouse is still movable, but I've waited quite the long time and nothing happens. I've tried restarting and trying again a couple of times, but I either get a message saying "You must restart the computer" or it just stops. Also, the drive refuses to eject the disc while in the Apple OSX Installer.

Now, I don't know if I'm doing it right by having Windows already on the primary partition, and I do have an extra partition ready for Leo (about 20GB) already on the drive. Since the installer doesn't have an actual progress bar or any messages letting you know what it's doing, I don't know what it gets hung up on. I'm going to try burning the iso again, but do I need any of the other files that were in the .zip file on the DVD too? I've already rechecked the hash on BitTorrent and unpacked the .zip with WinRAR, and when I burned the iso I made sure to recheck data. Windows/DOS is unable to see any other files other than the Boot stuff (which I'm guessing is right) and that's only a few hundred Kb, even though it burns the whole disc and is ~4.5 GB. Am I doing it wrong?

Note: I've also tried "Safe Mode" (-x) from the boot: command, as well as vanilla. Neither work, and vanilla automatically reboots the machine before it gets to the Apple Logo loading screen. T-T; I want my Leo! I even bought a licensed copy just for this!

I have the same problem. 2 pages back on pg. 54, there's another guy with the same thing (laserscrewdriver), and another guy replied that:

I don't really understand his answer. Did I have to change the sata connector of the real physical drive? What does it have to do with vmware? Anyway, all of my sata connectors are of the same type controller, so I doubt changing it would help.

The users above are all inactive for a long time, so I can't PM them to ask. So, does anyone else have any idea how to fix this?

TIA.

First, sorry I have been absent for so long. Second, yes I mean usind another physical SATA slot in the MOBO

but as for VMware installation, I am also in the dark, I am rather uninerested in multi boot or multi OS. Although Running windows in OS X through Parralells seemed to be a good choice, that was relitivly problem free.

Unfortunatly I am a diehard Apple user so my presance here is really only to explore all of my options for enjoying the MAC OS on as many different computer as possable and software and hardware developmentfor MAC OS X. I dont really know much about much, and have no intention of making anyone angry with my opinion of lack of knowlage.

Having said the I will now Yell at your eyes...

... TO EVERYONE LOOKING FO DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS OR LINKS. NO, or in other terms GTFO. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR SUCH THINGS. THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A TECH SUPPORT FORUM FOR PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT.

STOP ASKING!

STOP IT.

NOW.

If you cannot find what you are looking for you are simply not trying hard enough.

Hello need immediate help.....i downloaded the Kalway dvd burned it and then went on to install it..it loaded welll and then i formatted whole disk from disk utilty in MacOsX Journeled and then in the customization screen i selected both the vanilla kernel Acpi and then i selected boot loaders : Boot Efi MBR and then selected some audio and network and video drivers as compatible to my system which is a intel dual core(2 cpus) and then installation began and it took around 20/25 minutes and it said installation successful and asked me to restart and when i did then after i cud not boot in and computer went on restart and restart......i tried -v after F8 but that didnt work.....i then used dvd again to boot and then tried using terminal script /usr/mis/script.sh as welll but nothing worked for me.....well i did everything as said in the forums i searched for but where did i go wrong..i am still confused so posting in here and looking for some help...will be great if u can help...thank your for your valuable information

with regards

deadly0virus

Hello

First of all.. I have:

Intel E6750 (2.66 Ghz)

Intel DP35DP MoBo

Asus Ati Radeon X1650 XT

I bought a HDD IDE 80 GB Western Digital for install of the MacOS.

DVD-RW IDE.

PS I ahve the KALWAY version burned into a DVD using NERO.

So.. I tryied to install MacOS and after using F8 and the -v option, it says Still waiting for a root device.

I tryied to switch HDD on master, slave... DVD same on master slave (it was wrote in another topic) and no way. Maybe a need to make something else?

Please help!

Welll if that is your problem then probably restart the machine pressing the restart button if u are using a desktop and if laptop u know what to do and then just press the spacebar button when it says press any key to use the dvd and then u shud get the usual apple setup screen is some time.......just do it i am sure u wil....i had same problem and i restarted and then everything was fine....but i am not sure if this kalway version works bcz i had boot problems later after successful installation of kalway leopard...hopr this information was helpful to u ..thanks..

deadly0virus

with regards

Hello

First of all.. I have:

Intel E6750 (2.66 Ghz)

Intel DP35DP MoBo

Asus Ati Radeon X1650 XT

I bought a HDD IDE 80 GB Western Digital for install of the MacOS.

DVD-RW IDE.

PS I ahve the KALWAY version burned into a DVD using NERO.

So.. I tryied to install MacOS and after using F8 and the -v option, it says Still waiting for a root device.

I tryied to switch HDD on master, slave... DVD same on master slave (it was wrote in another topic) and no way. Maybe a need to make something else?

Please help!

@MouseRLet me check something when i get home. I am sure that you understand that there is much more to BIOS setting than just choosing what device should boot first :) Reason is that i spent countless hours researching my installation problems that basicly came down to changing some BIOS settings. In my case i had to change 'peripherals' SATA/RAID from 'disabled' to AHCI or something like that. Now, i am not saying that its what you need to do but i am saying that BIOS settings are major factor in successfully installing KALY. (At least in my case) Options in BIOS are expandable. Can you please make some screen shots of your BIOS? Also, here is what i would do, i would find an external DVD drive and try to run it from it due to the fact that a lot people actually having problems with their DVD drives. For example ATA dvd drives dont work on some machines (no luck in running KALY) only SATA (newer ones) since its a laptop i am not sure what it is, i would borrow from a friend external DVD drive and try it. Also i would make some shots of my BIOS and post it here just in case there is something that can be noticeable. :)Here is the computability list, just go through it and see if you find your specs http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1Also here is the installation for Dell 600 seriashttp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...40&start=40Hope that helped!!! I suggest you switch to that post instead of this as well, since that one is more specific. This one is general.HERE IS THE INSTALLATION!!!As requested by a few users, here is a guide for the Dell Latitude D630. You can set up a nearly perfect installation of Leopard 10.5.1 on the D630. I recommend that you use the Kalyway disc for this system, but you could also use iATKOS. I have used both, but in the end I settled on Kalyway because of it's out of the box support for sleep. I was never able to get sleep working on iATKOS, and speedstep was unstable on iATKOS, which was the only benefit I saw to using it. It is all personal preference though. If you use iATKOS, make sure you are using version 1.0iR2 or later, as this version makes the installer usable on GMAX3100 systems. If one of these install discs does not work for you, try the other one. Many users with the NVIDIA Quadro graphics card have reported problems with kalyway, so it's probably a better idea to stick with iATKOS if you have this card. You should be able to find both of these disc images on the bay of pirates ;) .To begin, boot into your BIOS, and under performance, change your disk mode to AHCI. OS X runs much better when your HD is in AHCI mode. Next, boot off of your installation disk. If you are using Kalyway, press f8 when the boot prompt comes up on your screen. Then type vanilla, and then enter. You do not need to do this for iATKOS. It takes a while to boot, so be patient. When the language prompt comes up, click next. Once the installer finishes loading, click the utilities menu on the top of your screen, and then click disk utility. Disk utility is very simple to use. You must set up your main HD with at least one HFS+ partition, to install os x on. The partition you want to install leopard on needs to have a volume label that is only one word. For example, you could call it leo_volume, but not "leo volume". You should use the partition option, but this will erase all of the data on your disk. If you choose partition, make sure you set the partition scheme to MBR, and this can be set by clicking options in the partition window. If you have to, you can erase individual partitions, and format them to HFS+. Click next through the next few dialogs, until you get to the select disk window. Make sure you select the partition you formatted earlier to install os x on. Now click next again, and you should be at the screen that has two buttons, install and customize. Click customize. If using Kalyway, the only thing you should select is boot_efi_mbr within the Bootloaders EFI folder at the bottom of the list. The options for iATKOS are similar, but I don't remember them right now. Now click done, and then install. This will take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete, and when finished, your system should say installation complete, and show a countdown to reboot. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card installed in your system, click the reboot button now, and skip over the next paragraph of text. If not (meaning that you must have the GMAX3100), read on.If you have the Intel GMAX3100 installed in your system, before that countdown ends, you need to click utilities on the top menu, and then click terminal. Now type these commands, in sequence, pressing the enter key at the end of each line (leo_volume should be replaced with the name of the partition you installed os x on in the first and last commands):CODEcd /Volumes/leo_volume/System/Library/Extensionsrm -rf AppleIntelGMA950.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GA.pluginrm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundlerm -rf AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundlerm -rf AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.pluginrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundlerm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundlediskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/leo_volumeNow, you can reboot, but not into your leopard installation. First, you need to get a livecd partition manager to set your leopard partition to boot. I recommend GParted for this job. You can download it using the attached torrent file (zipped), which I got from the official GParted website. When you boot this livecd, it may not recognize your graphics adapter. I am using an older version of the livecd, so I don't know if it is still a problem. If the cd only boots to a linux command prompt, type FORCEVIDEO, enter, then VESA, then enter, and then 800x600. If that does not work for you, you can use 640x480 instead. Once the live system boots to the gui, there should be one window open, named Gparted. Now, right click the partition you installed leopard on, and click manage flags. Boot should already be checked, but you need to uncheck and recheck it. Then click ok. Now close the window, and double click the power icon on the desktop. Select the eject and reboot option, and click ok. Once the cd is ejected, press enter, and your pc will reboot. You can now (finally) boot into your new installation of Leopard!!! (If anyone has a better way of doing this, say so in the comments, because I don't know why this works, I discovered it myself when trying to boot my leopard installation)Now, after completing the setup wizard, your leopard desktop should appear. But there are still many things you need to do now. If you installed iATKOS, you need to install the kext helper application before doing anything else, which can be found here: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/26865/kext-helper . First, you should get your system to recognize your graphics card correctly. If you are using the GMAX3100, follow the steps below. If not, skip to the next paragraph.For the GMAX3100, you need to download the zip archive here : http://rapidshare.com/files/90293323/GMAX3...l_D630.zip.html , named GMAX3100-Dell_D630.zip. This file contains the modified GMAX3100 kexts (made by errandwolfe), a script to run the sleepdisplay application, which I wrote, and the SleepDisplay application. First, drag the sleepdisplay folder onto the root of your Leopard install volume. If you double click the hard drive icon named after your install partition, it will take you to this location. Now, open the sleep display folder, and double click the file named sleepdisplayscript.app. This is only to get past the downloaded from the internet dialog that sometimes appears when getting apps off the internet. Now, open the system preferences application (the icon with gears on the dock) and select accounts. Now, select the main account, click login items, and click the plus icon. Browse to the root of your hard drive, open the sleepdisplay folder, select the sleepdisplayscript.app, and click add. You need to make sure that your system is set to login automatically for this to work, so from here click the lock in the bottom left corner of the window, type your password, and press enter. Next, click login options. Next to the automatic logon, select the account you added the login item to, and enter your password again. Now, open the application kexthelper. Go to the folder kexts, which was unzipped from the GMAX3100 archive earlier. Select all of the kext files, and click and drag them onto the white space in the kexthelper application. Then type your root password into the box, and click easy install. After it says cross your fingers and reboot, reboot your system. Now your graphics should be fully accelerated. To continue, skip over the next paragraph of text.For the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135m and 140m, the installation is much simpler. Go here: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=19 and click the nvinstallerv.32.pkg link. Once the download is finished, open the pkg file. In the installer, click 9c30 kexts, and nvinject vanilla. If you have the nvs135m, also select the 128mb card option. When the installation finishes, reboot, and your graphics should be fully accelerated.Now, to get your battery meter partially working (it will only tell you percent charge left) in kalyway follow all of the steps below. The battery meter should work out of the box on iATKOS. Download the attached zip file, named powermanagement.bundle.zip. Now unzip it. From the root of your leopard install partition, open the folder system, then library, then systemconfiguration. Drag the file powermanagement.bundle onto the trash icon in the dock. Now drag the powermanagement.bundle you unzipped earlier into the systemconfiguration folder. Now open terminal, and type "sudo diskutil repairPermissions /" then enter, then enter your root password, then press enter. Once this process is complete, reboot your system. After the first time you disconnect the laptop from power, the battery icon will be displayed in the menubar.Now it is time to get your sound card (sigmatel 9205) working. Download the attached zip archive, named sound_files.zip, and unzip it. Now, unzip the file applehdapatcherv1.20.app.zip. This is Taruga's applehdapatcher version 1.2. Now drag the text file codec_dump1.zip onto the turtle icon. Once the application opens, enter your root password, press enter, and it will begin patching your system. When it is finished, reboot your system. Now, unzip the file applehda.kext.zip. Open kexthelper, and drag the applehda.kext file onto the whitespace in the application. Enter your root password, and click easy install. When the install finishes, reboot your system, and your sound should be almost fully working! (Line-In, internal speakers, headphones, and automatic muting of speakers when headphones are plugged in all works, but muting with the mute button does not work). The kext was originally made by paulo-131, but I made a small modification to it so that it would work with my D630.Next, you can get your PCMCIA card slot working. This is fairly simple to do. Download the attached zip archive named Chun-Nan_PCMCIA_Rev_6.zip. Unzip that, open the folder that was unzipped, and there should be two kexts inside. Once again, open kext helper, and drag these two kexts into the white space. Type in your root password, and click easy install. Reboot when it tells you too. Now, open terminal, and type "sudo dmesg | grep PC", press enter, enter your root password, and press enter. Your output should be the same as this if the installation was successful:CODEPCI configuration changed (BUS free=1 needed=1 added=0)PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=1 yenta=1)IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: O2Micro OZ711EZ1 rev 21AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled(A long line of gibberish, it was too long to put here)FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1217 ID f7 PCI now active, GUID 444fc00022a091a1; max speed s400.These kexts were made by Chun-Nan, and EqUaTe told me where to find them.Now, there are some finishing touches you can make to the os now, but you are almost finished. If you used Kalyway, you should install the kalyway virginizer, to uninstall all of the weird mods that kalyway made to the system, including the orange window background. You need to do this after installing everything, because it will remove the kext helper. Go here for the virginizer, and instructions on how to install it: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77479 . If you installed iATKOS, go here for the virginizer: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry557228 .Although there are still some problems with your system, this is the closest you can currently get to a perfect system. Here is what should currently working:
  1. Both cores of your proccessor
  2. Internal Speakers
  3. Headphones
  4. Line-In (Microphone)
  5. Hardware Accelerated Graphics (with any resolution)
  6. Sleep (If you used Kalyway)
  7. Wireless Internet (If you have the Dell Wireless 1390, 1490, or 1500)
  8. Touchpad and Keyboard
  9. Correct recognition of all hardware in System Profiler (Except system model, Boot rom, and serial #)
  10. PCMCIA Card Slot
  11. CD/DVD Burning
  12. High speed hard drive access (w/ AHCI)

And here is what isn't working, or is not functioning perfectly:

1. Ethernet (Broadcom NetXtreme 5755m Gigabit Ethernet)
  2. Internal Microphone
  3. Correct measurement of CPU temperature and CPU fan RPM speed
  4. Battery Meter (Displays percent, but not time)
  5. System Shutdown (Reboot works OK, and this is caused by Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher Version 1.2)

Lastly, anyone who knows how to get ethernet working, or get anything else here that is currently only partially working fully working, please post it here. Also, tell me if these instructions work for you or not. After all that work, I hope you have fun with your new Hackintosh Installation :)

Hi maccti,

Great instructions !!! I am trying to get my PCMCIA card to work and found this thread. Can you tell me where I canfind the .zip files your referenced ?

* powermanagement.bundle.zip

* sound_files.zip

* codec_dump1.zip

* chun-nan_pcmcia_rev_6.zip

Many thanks

Hi,

I'm trying install leopard on my 680i based pc (just to pwn my ipodtouch) with the Kalyway DVD.

I use this arguments: -v cpus=1

When I use the disk utlity to erase a partition and create a HFS+ partition (a progress bar appears), the Disk LED freeze but my mouse pointer is movable and nothing happens, i've waiting 10 minutes and the mouse pointer was freezing too. What must i doing?!

@powerbroker

Couple of things. BIOS settings, your video is troublesome, ide dvd-rom can be a little problem. I dont know your mobo but since its based on intel 865p. However i know that people made it work, read this article. http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=23335

Here is great step by step instructions. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90795

Also in addition to instracted BIOS settings make sure that you set you 'peripherals' to AHCI or something like that.

At the end of all i managed to install it on another configuration:

- CPU Intel P4 3000

- RAM 2 GB

- MB Microstar (Intel G915)

- Video card ATI Radeon X550 (dual head)

- HDD IDE 80 GB

- DVD-ROM LG HL-DT-ST GDR8163B, IDE

It was KALYWAY 10.5.1, which successfully installed and started in spite of by a mistake i selected NVidia driver for my ATI videocard(well, i cannot configure display settings because of this).

I tried to boot KALYWAY installer on VMWare 6.0.2, but with no success - it crashed VMware several times :D

Macciti, thanks for your assistance.

Hello, i´m new here.

I already has the Tiger 10.4.11 in a HD sata 80gb on my Desktop, so i downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.1 + Combo Update + 10.5.2.

First - I installed in my HP6775 and works fine, except wireless - OK

Second - I try install in my desktop, formatting my HD 80gb with Tiger to put the Leopard, the installatin works fine, but after that, when i reboot, it try load and the pc restart.....loading, restart...it show the darwin boot....but a few seconds after the load begins, the pc is restarted.....i don´t know what could be!!!!

I already tried a many installation ways, but all have the same problem.

Some help please!?!?!

thanks,

Fantato

fantato@hotmail.com

My desktop

P5WD2H

Intel Dual D820

2GB RAM 667

HD 250 gb (Vista)

HD 80 GB (trying Leopard....lol)

GF7950GS 256mb (worked fine in Tiger 10.4.11)

Hello, thanks for the wonderful installation DVD - it all went smoothly I will post my computer specs later.

Edit:

Specs are as follows

Conroe E6600 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

250GB HDD

1GB RAM @ 667MHz

NVidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache

Gigabyte i945G

The only thing troubling me is that my keyboard does not seem to work.

I installed it with a Ps/2 keyboard to load the bios thing but used a USB Keyboard for the rest. However since I installed dual boot, the USB keyboard is unable to function at BIOS whereas my Ps/2 can but NOT on OSX.

I'm interested in purchasing to a Apple Wired Keyboard to solve this problem as I've heard it is compatible with XP too however, does it work with bios?

And if not, is there a way to make the Ps/2 keyboard function?

Edit: I solved it by changing the BIOS settings to load the USB Keyboard first (:

Thanks again!

P.S. Anyone know if the Apple Wired Keyboard still works in BIOS? Just curious as I might buy one - they look pretty nifty.

Vanilla kernel and acpi vanilla (wit reboot fix and ps2 support) ( you must select both of them)

Does this mean that, even on my SSE2 machine i should install vanilla kernel?

I thought vanilla kernel was only for SSE3 machines....

Ok, i have another problem. after i put the DVD in my drive it boots up with the black screen and white text (sorry i dont know what its called)

and when its finished loading it goes to a blue-ish screen and stays there.

One of the white pieces of text says "ACPI: system state [sO S3 S4 S5] (S3)" could this be the problem?

I was able to boot the leo4allv2 disc fine but i had a hard disk error (i got to the GUI installer with that disc) but i had to re-install Windows and ever since that i always get this blue screen.

Please help, and thanks to anyone who can :(

*PS, here are my system specs:

Hp Pavilion DV4200

Intel Celeron M 360 1.4GHz SSE2 CPU

512MB RAM (DDR)

Motherboard: Hewlett Packard 308C

Hi guys.

I'm tryin again with the same problem. As I mentioned 3 pages back, when I installed combo update to 10.5.2 (10.5.1 works perfectly), it boots normally, but I have white screen. Now I downloaded Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd and installed from the scratch, but the same problem exists. I hear the music after first boot (Apple Hello animation in space...), but the screen is white. What else can I try?

In 10.5.1 I used NvinjectGO and had full suport, also with multiple screens. I also tried with natit...no succes in 10.5.2.

My pc:Acer Aspire 5612WLMi, Core DUO 1,66Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 7300 GO, ...

Thank you in advance

Skipper