KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

mouser Please provide your specs in you signature, and we will see what needs to be done.
Done. I'm gonna try to order an 8GB USB thumbstick and have the laptop boot from that instead of a DVD. Its odd that the laptop won't read the DVD correctly but 2 other PCs will.

@MoserR

make sure that your BIOS set properly and that you have NOT broken ISO image. You mentioned that you were able to run it on other computers, what do you mean? were you able to install it with no problems or what exactly? TPB is the place where Kaly himself uploaded the image, most likely its not broken. i hate to see you buying 8gb card if the issue is fixable... ^_^

@macciti

Sorry for my vague reply. What I mean to say is that the DVD will boot up without ANY issues with my brother's Dell Optiplex 320( Celeron D, 256MB RAM) and my PC(Core2Duo 2GB RAM) I haven't actually tried to install Leopard on either of them. I was just testing to see if the DVD was fine and it wasn't a flackey burn.

When you say "make sure the BIOS is setup correctly" What exactly do you mean? I have it setup where it boots up the DVD first then the HDD. I have also updated the BIOS from A08 to A16. I don't get alot of options in the BIOS.

troublesome, but almost perfect install. running MAC OS X 10.5.2 Native. started with Kalaway 10.5.1 MBR+SSE2 only, upped with the hack combo upgrade, installed osx updates for various software updates including itunes :-).

Box: Dell XPS Gen2

CPU: Pentium M Dothan 2GHz 2MB L2 533FSB 2GB RAM

HD: Hitachi 100GB 7200rpm ATA on SATA

VGA: nVidia GeForce Go 6800 Ultra, 256MB RAM, full QE/CI, Hardware Accelerated, and Rotation (Vendor: 0x10de; Device: 0x00c9; revision: 0x00a2), 17" WUXGA 1920x1600x32 using NVinject 0.2.1 and NVinjectGO 0.2.0 with edits for 0x00c910de in Info.plist for NVDAResman and NVDANV40Hal; flush Extensions.kext; reboot with *LONG* wait to get the screen up and running (previously rebooted 4 times thinking it locked up - but it's really really long wait)

Wired: Broadcom 57xx - the only way to run it is to set mac address manually, e.g. sudo ifconfig en0 ether 10:10:10:10:10:10 but make sure you pick a reasonable MAC address

Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG - no luck so far, on TODO list

Sound: out of the box AC97

Bluetooth: out of the box

DVD player: keep getting an SIGENV; BUT I can do video off of itunes!

VLC player: sort of working

itunes: rockin'

mount NTFS external drives: TODO

iLife: TODO

iWork: TODO

Photoshop: TODO

video camera: TODO

MSFT Office 2008: TODO

@MouseRLet me check something when i get home. I am sure that you understand that there is much more to BIOS setting than just choosing what device should boot first :) Reason is that i spent countless hours researching my installation problems that basicly came down to changing some BIOS settings. In my case i had to change 'peripherals' SATA/RAID from 'disabled' to AHCI or something like that. Now, i am not saying that its what you need to do but i am saying that BIOS settings are major factor in successfully installing KALY. (At least in my case) Options in BIOS are expandable. Can you please make some screen shots of your BIOS? Also, here is what i would do, i would find an external DVD drive and try to run it from it due to the fact that a lot people actually having problems with their DVD drives. For example ATA dvd drives dont work on some machines (no luck in running KALY) only SATA (newer ones) since its a laptop i am not sure what it is, i would borrow from a friend external DVD drive and try it. Also i would make some shots of my BIOS and post it here just in case there is something that can be noticeable. :)Here is the computability list, just go through it and see if you find your specs http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.1Also here is the installation for Dell 600 seriashttp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...40&start=40Hope that helped!!! I suggest you switch to that post instead of this as well, since that one is more specific. This one is general.HERE IS THE INSTALLATION!!!As requested by a few users, here is a guide for the Dell Latitude D630. You can set up a nearly perfect installation of Leopard 10.5.1 on the D630. I recommend that you use the Kalyway disc for this system, but you could also use iATKOS. I have used both, but in the end I settled on Kalyway because of it's out of the box support for sleep. I was never able to get sleep working on iATKOS, and speedstep was unstable on iATKOS, which was the only benefit I saw to using it. It is all personal preference though. If you use iATKOS, make sure you are using version 1.0iR2 or later, as this version makes the installer usable on GMAX3100 systems. If one of these install discs does not work for you, try the other one. Many users with the NVIDIA Quadro graphics card have reported problems with kalyway, so it's probably a better idea to stick with iATKOS if you have this card. You should be able to find both of these disc images on the bay of pirates ;) .To begin, boot into your BIOS, and under performance, change your disk mode to AHCI. OS X runs much better when your HD is in AHCI mode. Next, boot off of your installation disk. If you are using Kalyway, press f8 when the boot prompt comes up on your screen. Then type vanilla, and then enter. You do not need to do this for iATKOS. It takes a while to boot, so be patient. When the language prompt comes up, click next. Once the installer finishes loading, click the utilities menu on the top of your screen, and then click disk utility. Disk utility is very simple to use. You must set up your main HD with at least one HFS+ partition, to install os x on. The partition you want to install leopard on needs to have a volume label that is only one word. For example, you could call it leo_volume, but not "leo volume". You should use the partition option, but this will erase all of the data on your disk. If you choose partition, make sure you set the partition scheme to MBR, and this can be set by clicking options in the partition window. If you have to, you can erase individual partitions, and format them to HFS+. Click next through the next few dialogs, until you get to the select disk window. Make sure you select the partition you formatted earlier to install os x on. Now click next again, and you should be at the screen that has two buttons, install and customize. Click customize. If using Kalyway, the only thing you should select is boot_efi_mbr within the Bootloaders EFI folder at the bottom of the list. The options for iATKOS are similar, but I don't remember them right now. Now click done, and then install. This will take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete, and when finished, your system should say installation complete, and show a countdown to reboot. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card installed in your system, click the reboot button now, and skip over the next paragraph of text. If not (meaning that you must have the GMAX3100), read on.If you have the Intel GMAX3100 installed in your system, before that countdown ends, you need to click utilities on the top menu, and then click terminal. Now type these commands, in sequence, pressing the enter key at the end of each line (leo_volume should be replaced with the name of the partition you installed os x on in the first and last commands):CODEcd /Volumes/leo_volume/System/Library/Extensionsrm -rf AppleIntelGMA950.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GA.pluginrm -rf AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundlerm -rf AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundlerm -rf AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kextrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.pluginrm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundlerm -rf AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundlediskutil repairPermissions /Volumes/leo_volumeNow, you can reboot, but not into your leopard installation. First, you need to get a livecd partition manager to set your leopard partition to boot. I recommend GParted for this job. You can download it using the attached torrent file (zipped), which I got from the official GParted website. When you boot this livecd, it may not recognize your graphics adapter. I am using an older version of the livecd, so I don't know if it is still a problem. If the cd only boots to a linux command prompt, type FORCEVIDEO, enter, then VESA, then enter, and then 800x600. If that does not work for you, you can use 640x480 instead. Once the live system boots to the gui, there should be one window open, named Gparted. Now, right click the partition you installed leopard on, and click manage flags. Boot should already be checked, but you need to uncheck and recheck it. Then click ok. Now close the window, and double click the power icon on the desktop. Select the eject and reboot option, and click ok. Once the cd is ejected, press enter, and your pc will reboot. You can now (finally) boot into your new installation of Leopard!!! (If anyone has a better way of doing this, say so in the comments, because I don't know why this works, I discovered it myself when trying to boot my leopard installation)Now, after completing the setup wizard, your leopard desktop should appear. But there are still many things you need to do now. If you installed iATKOS, you need to install the kext helper application before doing anything else, which can be found here: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/26865/kext-helper . First, you should get your system to recognize your graphics card correctly. If you are using the GMAX3100, follow the steps below. If not, skip to the next paragraph.For the GMAX3100, you need to download the zip archive here : http://rapidshare.com/files/90293323/GMAX3...l_D630.zip.html , named GMAX3100-Dell_D630.zip. This file contains the modified GMAX3100 kexts (made by errandwolfe), a script to run the sleepdisplay application, which I wrote, and the SleepDisplay application. First, drag the sleepdisplay folder onto the root of your Leopard install volume. If you double click the hard drive icon named after your install partition, it will take you to this location. Now, open the sleep display folder, and double click the file named sleepdisplayscript.app. This is only to get past the downloaded from the internet dialog that sometimes appears when getting apps off the internet. Now, open the system preferences application (the icon with gears on the dock) and select accounts. Now, select the main account, click login items, and click the plus icon. Browse to the root of your hard drive, open the sleepdisplay folder, select the sleepdisplayscript.app, and click add. You need to make sure that your system is set to login automatically for this to work, so from here click the lock in the bottom left corner of the window, type your password, and press enter. Next, click login options. Next to the automatic logon, select the account you added the login item to, and enter your password again. Now, open the application kexthelper. Go to the folder kexts, which was unzipped from the GMAX3100 archive earlier. Select all of the kext files, and click and drag them onto the white space in the kexthelper application. Then type your root password into the box, and click easy install. After it says cross your fingers and reboot, reboot your system. Now your graphics should be fully accelerated. To continue, skip over the next paragraph of text.For the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135m and 140m, the installation is much simpler. Go here: http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=19 and click the nvinstallerv.32.pkg link. Once the download is finished, open the pkg file. In the installer, click 9c30 kexts, and nvinject vanilla. If you have the nvs135m, also select the 128mb card option. When the installation finishes, reboot, and your graphics should be fully accelerated.Now, to get your battery meter partially working (it will only tell you percent charge left) in kalyway follow all of the steps below. The battery meter should work out of the box on iATKOS. Download the attached zip file, named powermanagement.bundle.zip. Now unzip it. From the root of your leopard install partition, open the folder system, then library, then systemconfiguration. Drag the file powermanagement.bundle onto the trash icon in the dock. Now drag the powermanagement.bundle you unzipped earlier into the systemconfiguration folder. Now open terminal, and type "sudo diskutil repairPermissions /" then enter, then enter your root password, then press enter. Once this process is complete, reboot your system. After the first time you disconnect the laptop from power, the battery icon will be displayed in the menubar.Now it is time to get your sound card (sigmatel 9205) working. Download the attached zip archive, named sound_files.zip, and unzip it. Now, unzip the file applehdapatcherv1.20.app.zip. This is Taruga's applehdapatcher version 1.2. Now drag the text file codec_dump1.zip onto the turtle icon. Once the application opens, enter your root password, press enter, and it will begin patching your system. When it is finished, reboot your system. Now, unzip the file applehda.kext.zip. Open kexthelper, and drag the applehda.kext file onto the whitespace in the application. Enter your root password, and click easy install. When the install finishes, reboot your system, and your sound should be almost fully working! (Line-In, internal speakers, headphones, and automatic muting of speakers when headphones are plugged in all works, but muting with the mute button does not work). The kext was originally made by paulo-131, but I made a small modification to it so that it would work with my D630.Next, you can get your PCMCIA card slot working. This is fairly simple to do. Download the attached zip archive named Chun-Nan_PCMCIA_Rev_6.zip. Unzip that, open the folder that was unzipped, and there should be two kexts inside. Once again, open kext helper, and drag these two kexts into the white space. Type in your root password, and click easy install. Reboot when it tells you too. Now, open terminal, and type "sudo dmesg | grep PC", press enter, enter your root password, and press enter. Your output should be the same as this if the installation was successful:CODEPCI configuration changed (BUS free=1 needed=1 added=0)PCI configuration changed (bridge=0 device=1 yenta=1)IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: O2Micro OZ711EZ1 rev 21AppleIntelPIIXPATA: Secondary PCI IDE channel is disabled(A long line of gibberish, it was too long to put here)FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1217 ID f7 PCI now active, GUID 444fc00022a091a1; max speed s400.These kexts were made by Chun-Nan, and EqUaTe told me where to find them.Now, there are some finishing touches you can make to the os now, but you are almost finished. If you used Kalyway, you should install the kalyway virginizer, to uninstall all of the weird mods that kalyway made to the system, including the orange window background. You need to do this after installing everything, because it will remove the kext helper. Go here for the virginizer, and instructions on how to install it: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77479 . If you installed iATKOS, go here for the virginizer: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry557228 .Although there are still some problems with your system, this is the closest you can currently get to a perfect system. Here is what should currently working:

1. Both cores of your proccessor
  2. Internal Speakers
  3. Headphones
  4. Line-In (Microphone)
  5. Hardware Accelerated Graphics (with any resolution)
  6. Sleep (If you used Kalyway)
  7. Wireless Internet (If you have the Dell Wireless 1390, 1490, or 1500)
  8. Touchpad and Keyboard
  9. Correct recognition of all hardware in System Profiler (Except system model, Boot rom, and serial #)
  10. PCMCIA Card Slot
  11. CD/DVD Burning
  12. High speed hard drive access (w/ AHCI)

And here is what isn't working, or is not functioning perfectly:

1. Ethernet (Broadcom NetXtreme 5755m Gigabit Ethernet)
  2. Internal Microphone
  3. Correct measurement of CPU temperature and CPU fan RPM speed
  4. Battery Meter (Displays percent, but not time)
  5. System Shutdown (Reboot works OK, and this is caused by Taruga's AppleHDA Patcher Version 1.2)

Lastly, anyone who knows how to get ethernet working, or get anything else here that is currently only partially working fully working, please post it here. Also, tell me if these instructions work for you or not. After all that work, I hope you have fun with your new Hackintosh Installation :)

@ vyx

no problem, its just really hard to give any ideas when i dont see your specs, you know :P Hmm, i am not sure what the problem is but i would search wiki for known hardware issues and installation.

Hi, guys!

I am installing kalyway_leo_10.5.1.iso And, of course (since i am writing here), having trouble with it.

Hardware:

- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz(200x12.0)

- Motherboard: noname (SYNTEC) chipset Intel 865P

- RAM: 1Gb

- Video: MSI - NVidia FX5200 AGP

- BIOS: Award v6.00PG - S865PE 02/09/2004

- IDE DVD-ROM

- IDE HDD(empty)

The symptom is that the installer fails to boot. It starts, i successfully pass the "F8" stage (and may add "-v" parameter), and after several minutes of loading files it just reboots.

I tried to run installer from USB DVD-ROM instead of IDE one, with no changes. I also tried to replace videocard with something ATI-based - with no changes as well. I removed 512Mb of RAM - with no changes again.

Googling the internet, i found no solution for this csase. Could you please tell me, what should i draw attention to (ideally, what should i do) to install MacOS X86 v. 10.5 successfully? At first, to eliminate this "infinite reboot" trouble?

Thanks.

@powerbroker

Couple of things. BIOS settings, your video is troublesome, ide dvd-rom can be a little problem. I dont know your mobo but since its based on intel 865p. However i know that people made it work, read this article. http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=23335

Here is great step by step instructions. http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90795

Also in addition to instracted BIOS settings make sure that you set you 'peripherals' to AHCI or something like that.

System:  Dell 1525 Inspiron Laptop.  Intel Core Duo T2330 1.6GHz - 1GB RAM - Intel GM965 Express Graphics - Sigmatel STAC9205 Sound - BIOS Revision A08.

I downloaded an ISO of Kalyway's Mac OS X 10.5.1 and burned it with Nero.  I verified and no errors were found on the disc. Also MD5sum checked out okay.

Format partition 1 (at the beginning) of my HDD with Disk Utility and installation starts.  It goes fine until it reaches about "5 minutes remaining" at which point there is a yellow warning sign and a message:

"Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer...  Unknown error...  Please restart and try again."

Or similar.  No file names are mentioned.  I think it may be an ACPI problem but the Dell BIOS does not allow you to turn off ACPI.  There are no revisions older than A08 available for this machine (I downgraded from A11, have not tried A09 though I'd expect the result to be the same).

Any ideas?

I've got an almost fully functional dual vista/osx iATKOS version of OS X running on my Asus P5B main 500GB drive. (Sleep is the only non functional part)

• All 6 SATA ports work. (Thanks to the New Kexts poster)
  • Dual Screen QE/CI works (Thanks to nvinject 0.33)
  • Sound worked out of the box
  • Ethernet good out of the box
  • Updated to 10.5.2 with vanilla kernal
  • MBR partition without EFI

I've been trying to install Kalyway all day on a GUID partition on one of my spare 200GB drives and ran into the following problems.

• If I partition GUID the install fails every time with less than a minute left no matter what I try
  • If I partition MBR with any video or sound options selected system hangs at boot

So..... I tried MBR vanilla, MBR_ EFI with no other options selected, and...........INSTALL SUCCESSFUL!!! :D Except it won't except any input from my PS2 keyboard on the registration screen. :D So..... I used mouse to tell it to transfer my exsisting information from my iATKOS volume and I'm waing for it to finish now.MY KEYBOARD AND SLEEP BETTER WORK AFTTER THIS. I have a feeling that I should have just stuck with my mostly working iATKOS install and saved myself a lot of time and grief.Hmmmm, My transferring information progress bar has been stopped at 7 minutes remaining for a loooooong time now. The hard drive is still churning though. I'll let you all know how it went later.Good luck to all of you, and if you do get it working consider purchasing a copy of leopard if and when you can afford it.Regards,MacmedudeP.S. My wife of 25 years was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer monday, and is going for sugery on the 7th. I'm not the religous type, but I figure if any of you out there are that prayers can't hurt. tyUPDATEWell, Kalyway finished importing everything from my iATKOS install.It boots fine to the login screenKeyboard still doesn't workI plugged in my wireless USB keyboard and it works! :shock: I enter my password and I can't log in!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHI'm not even going to try to figure this one out. I'll just shut my iATKOS install down since it won't come out of sleep mode.I've read a lot in these forums and haven't seen anything about keyboard not working or password not recognized after information transfer. If anyone has a suggestion, let me know.

hey macmdude wish you luck with your installations :D Sorry about your wife, i am married myself and think that would be hard on me if that would happen to me... Count me in for prayer :shock:

Hi Kalyway,

I am new to this forum. Pl. help me. I have just assembled a new pc with the following config. As a mac user (not a geek) for several years, I would just love to have a hackmac too in my new PC.

INTEL CORE-2 DUO E8400 (3 GHz)

INTEL DG33FBC MOBO

TRANSCEND 800 MHZ RAM - 4GIG (2 X 2GIG)

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600GT

Seagate 320GB SATA Baracuda 7200r 16mb

SONY DVD WRITER (IDE)

I am using only kalyway leo 10.5.1.intel SSE2 SSE3 (burnt in a DVD using disk utility in a G3 at my work place) to try to install in a separate old 10GB IDE Hard drive connected as master in the IDE bus where the SONY DVD Writer is slave. I have windows xpsp2 installed in the SATA drive. I tried vanilla as well as the default install options.

But, my problem starts at the following screen message which appears after tons of drivers are loaded in a few minutes:

"waiting for boot volume with UUID

F0F8EEC8-E6A8-3F3A-888A-C706B63FB076 waiting on <DICT

ID="0"><Key>IOProviderClass</Key><String

ID="1">IOResources</String><Key>IOResourceMatch</Key><String

ID="2">boot-UUID-media</String></dict>"

Still waiting for root device...

what gives?

what should I do to go past this? Pl. guide me. Though I can follow simple instructions, I am no geek. Pl. help me.

Thanks in advance.

LIFEONMAC

Everything went well till the welcome screen, then it says it can't identified my keyboard, POS dell insprion 560 doesn't have pS2 port, hence usb keyboard all the way.

Then i am in this endless loop of "Your keyboard cannot be identified and will not be usable until it is identified."... yet i can still use my keyboard...

anyone know wats up ?

@oxyigen: I'm having the same keyboard identification loop problem. Were you able to get past it? If so, how? Thanks.

Hi@all,

I´m running a Kalyway 10.5.1 system on a Dell laptop with a Intel Pentium Dual-Core.

I have three partitions. The first and second are ext3 for Linux and the third one is for MacOS.

The efi-bootloader is installed in the mbr and Grub on the first partition(it was recognized by the MacOS-installer).

So far everything works fine. Now my problem is an update to 10.5.2. The softwareupdate-application is downloading everything and wants to reboot but then I have to "press down the powerbutton for a several seconds". Everytime I want to boot I get this message. So I guess it is the ACPI that had to be fixed through the installation. I think I´m not the only one with that problem. Is there any way to upgrade to 10.5.2 anyway?

thanks,

mrmac

(I´m sorry for my lousy english ;))

@mrmac

You cannot update to 10.5.2 through software update, it will demage your installation. People who do that use netkas patching method. Best way to do it is to download KALYWAY 10.5.2 combo update from TPB or what ever place you can and install it.

I finally got kalyway installed and working this morning, here's how I did it.

• Formatted drive as GUID 2 partitions, Leopard and OSX_Data
  • installed EFI v8.0 as explained in the forums
  • Installed Kalyway 10.5.1 with Vanilla kernal and no other options selected
  • Updated with Kalyway 10.5.2 Combo package
  • Installed 9.2 Vanilla kernal from Kalyway kernals package
  • Installed nvinject 0.33 to enable all graphic modes
  • Installed new kexts (found in the forums) to enable all SATA ports

I only have 2 small problems left...

My PS2 keyboard will not work. It works fine in my iATKOS install.

Internet is a lot slower than it is with iATKOS

Does anyone know what kexts I could copy from my iATKOS drive to fix these problems?

Thanks to Kalyway and everyone else here for the hard work and assistance.

installed kalyway 10.5.1

Had to change bios settings to get into the installer, but eventually installed.

After installation and the first reboot I get a <panic>

what do I do then?

Says at the end: backtrace terminated - invalid frame pointer 0

I recognize my grahpics adapter in this line: "com.apple.ATIRadeonX1000(5.1.8) (and then a lot of numbers)

Is this then caused by my graphics adapter?

Have a ASUS P5W DH Deluxe motherboard, Core2Duo E6600, Radeon x1950 pro

What would be the resonable thing to do now?

Hey guys,

I am trying to install OSx86 using Kalyway's 10.5.1 DVD but while I am installing, I get an error stating that the "Itunes" could not be validated. I have burnt the ISO to a DVD at 1x speed to ensure no foul ups but I dont know what else I can do.

Comp Specs:

Intel P4 3.2ghz

Intel 865G Motherboard SSE2, SSE3 complatible

4 gb DDR 400 Ram

ATI 512mb Radeon 1950

80gb WD SATA HD (the one I have formatted and am attempting to install to)

500gb Samsung SATA HD (Windows XP)

If anything else is needed I will be checking back thoroughly as I would really like to begin working with Mac and its programs for courses and to build more knowledge.

Thanks,

Rhys

@intox_neb

try to install it without selecting any drivers, just vanilla, vanilla_fix and guide or mbr...

@ethrex

what do you mean, iget message when i am installing it? What exactly? Do you get message after installation, during installation? Because it is wierd that it would happen during normal install ...

The installation stops... around 70% (or 5 minutes left) and an error screen pops up with a big yellow caution marks stating that iTunes could not be validated during installation and installation cannot continue... please restart and attempt install again

Reporting success!!

System:

Desktop gigabyte p965-s3 rev1.0 bios F12

4GB RAM kingston

USB HDD WD

Gigabyte GF8600GT

KALYWAY 10.5.1 selected:

Vanilla

DS3 sound

NVinject (do not select this!!, caused freeze)

EFI

Install story:

first install, didn't get it right, forgot to format.

Formatted for guid, entire disk

installed with the mentioned options.

OSX boots, freezes at ocspd

1 hour reading similar experiences on the forum - conclusion - remove the NVinject kext.

Booted into single user, mounted for write, removed NVinject

Reboot

SUCESSS - OSX Boots, with 1024x768

Read up here, found the link pointing to the new NVidia installer (i think it was page 8)

Installed it, OSX boots in my required resolution!!

Everything works!

Total time: ±3 hours, proficiency: none (i even learned how to go to single user mode with the process of debugging it)

Thanks everyone, and i hope this post will help someone!.

hello

I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 with vanillas+fix+sse2+efi_mbr. Next I update all with "System Update" without Graphics Update [because when I install it after reboot I have only blue screen ;/]. Everything works fine except Sleep mode ;/ When I choose it screen is shutting down but all others are still working [disk/wifi].

My config:

Acer Aspire 3690

Proc: Intel Celeron M 420 1.6ghz [aka inter core solo - yonah]

mem: 1.5gb ram

wifi: broadcom 4318 -works

lan: broadcom 440x - works

hdd: seagate momentus 60gb ATA

sound: ALC 883 - works

Any ideas?? I try kalyway not-vanilla kernel but it's not working too ;/