KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi. I installed Mac OS X Leopard via Kalaway's install disc. I have everything fixed but ethernet. I am just lost with one issue. I have Kalaway's Leopard 10.5.1 release and there is no battery indicator. I have a Gateway laptop with RTL8187B wireless, Celeron M processor, and Marvell Yukon ethernet. I just need to resolve my battery indicator problem. Then I am good. Also, what might happen with an update? Before I messed up the IONetworkingFamily.kext and updated and found that in System Preferences I could not open Network. I reinstalled 10.5.1 and now have some intentions of upgrading again but this time my IONetworkingFamily.kext is okay. I only want to know if there is an answer to the two questions. My hardware has been just one big problem after another. Thank you for any support you may offer.

going from Kalyway 10.4 tiger to Kalyway 10.5.2 leopard, my Install is hanging at same spot repeatedly.

Log File reads:

"localhost /Volumes/System/private/tmp/scripts.i0LG/./postinstall[1833]: 2008-06-05 10:54:14.600 netInfoToDS[1843:1a03] (Sleep) prevent machine to sleep

localhost /Volumes/System/private/tmp/scripts.i0LG/./postinstall[1833]: 2008-06-05 10:54:15.285 netInfoToDS[1843:1a03] tmp dir path = /tmp

localhost installdb[288]: done. (17.354u + 10.965s)"

it freezes up at this point and just sits there indefinitely. I have tried choosing just the vanilla kernel but this has not solved the issue.

Any ideas??

Hello,

Will this work on my:

MB: Asus Maximus Extreme (I got the Jmicron controller)

CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz Quad-Core

RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3

VC: 2 x Nvidia 9800GX2

HDD: 6 x WDC 1TB HDD's

Asus WL-130N Wireless PCI Card

Thank you for answers.

ok i got to the installation of MAC i know exciting but this is where i hit a dead end. after i select a hardrive which i partitioned i get this error

" The installer could not create the folder "/Volumes/Mac OSX/basesystem.200r.esumg something along those lines and it tells me to restart and try again but i tried and same thing happens, could this be a currupt file or just my computer.?

anyone get this problem or know how to fix it please...

I've got a model almost exactly like this, m9040n, and I've been having the same problems:

Hey, if you have a minute to send me a PM, or post here, could you give me some pointers on how you got your system working? I've had a helluva time and my system is very similar to yours. I have a Pavilion Elite M9150F, and I'm trying to install onto my second hard drive. I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2, iATKOS v1.0ir2 and V2.0i, Leo4All v2 and v3 and have had no luck. With Leo4All v3 I was able to get the install done using the cpus=1 flag, but had no luck booting once the install was completed.

If you could give me some tips on what platform to use and how you got it to work on your system that would be greatly appreciated. My specs are as follows:

Processor:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 (K) 2.4 GHz (95W)

• 1066 MHz front side bus
  • Socket 775

Chipset:

Intel G33 Express

Motherboard:

Manufacturer: Asus

Motherboard Name: IPIBL-LBHP/Compaq motherboard name: Benicia-GL8E

Memory:

3GB PC-5300 667MHz Hard Drive:

720 GB (2 x 360) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)

yboard and Mouse

USB infrared remote

I'm trying really hard to get this thing, to work, reading through the forums during work to find install tips, and trying stuff out in the evenings and weekends.

Now specific to this install, I get no matter what configuration of flags at the dvd install stage, it reboots itself after rushing through some text loading. Even when I use -v I can't see the final panic message, since it forces a re-boot.

I have tried it with the bios set both IDE/AHCI for the ATA controller, with the XD execute bit on and off, and the virtualization on and off, nothing seems to make a difference. If anybody with a similar configuration would like to share some advice to their successes or frustrations, I'd be surely appreciative. I'm attempting to get this, and the kalyway 10.5.2 to work, and they each have their own specific panic.

Kenny

I have a Compac Presario V2000

When I boot from the Kalyway DVD it gets stuck at the following prompt.

Kernel Version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0 Sun Mar 200:11:08 SCT2008; Made by TOH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

Could you please tell me the reason and how to solve this.

Thankx in advance.

Sup Buddy.

Well good news for you! I have that same board and it worked sweetly with Kalyway 10.5.2

Just make sure you do a default install and don't select anything..I mean "NOTHING" at all extra as customize.

Let me know what's up.

Good Luck!

Can someone tell me the secret sauce for installing Kaly on a Dell D620? I've just read through 129 forum pages with no luck.

There is no BIOS switch for ACHI (no way to affect harddrive config at all) on the D620 so I am stuck with the blinking error: System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

I can't get past it.

I am very sad.

Thanks for any help.

Trevor

Can someone tell me the secret sauce for installing Kaly on a Dell D620? I've just read through 129 forum pages with no luck.

There is no BIOS switch for ACHI (no way to affect harddrive config at all) on the D620 so I am stuck with the blinking error: System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

Try to set the partition, you have installed the leopard set as ACTIVE.

Have a look hier for a guide to set the partition as active.. there are some of this guides here...

still had the same problems some times before.. but now all is working fine...

"Try to set the partition, you have installed the leopard set as ACTIVE."

Thanks!

OK, found a page that walked me through setting the partition active and I tried several times on different partitions and still the same blinking error.

I am more sad now than I was before.

I may just sit down and cry after all...

I have a Hp Pavilion DV 8000

Intel Centrino Duo

Geforce go 7600

1.5 gb ram

Now, my problem is : the installer starts, goes about 1/3 of the way through and then it comes up with the error "some files could not be installed to /volume/data" please reboot and try installing again. I've done this like 10 times and all it does is it copies like 1.69gb of data to that drive and then it stops, what am i doing wrong?

new user here every time i try to boot i get this

Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:00 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

does anyone what i need to do thanks in advance

Im having a strange issue here.

When I try to boot from DVD - first time run - to install i get something like that mg2209ce4.th.jpg and after taping Enter something like this mg2214vq4.th.jpg

what the .. ? :blink:

Can anyone help please?

My config is: E6300; Asus p5w dh deluxe, Seagate 500gb 32mb sata II (not yet partitioned), Samsung 250GB (Win_xp), NEC 3500A IDE DVD-RW;

Through all my struggles, mistakes, and heartache, I've finally succeeded into the osx86 community. Thanks to Kalyway and the team for bringing us this, and to everyone here for making it possible to share information and guiding me to the end.

I tried today to install, but it hangs at the apple logo after loading darwin. It does nothing after this. Just wondering if the image I used was ok, because in Windows when I check the properties of the disk it only has 192kb on it, while the image was 4.7 gb. When I burned the DVD it wrote all 4.7gb. I used a brand new Hard drive to install. I put in my regular hard drive and it gave me command line before it loaded up darwin, and then hangs with the apple logo again.

I have this exact same problem. The disc is burned properly, I know that. My computer is Acer Aspire 5670, specs:

• ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
  • Intel Centrino Duo
  • 1 Gb DDR2 RAM

So as far as I can tell my system should be ok, right? I have made my computer to boot from DVD, obviously. If you need more, ask. You can't find specs for this computer via Google, it's modified for my usage few years ago. :P

hi, i've downloaded kalyway 10.5.2 iso and i've burned it. but i vcan not install it. it stuck at the first place. after booting it shows a black page with a lot of white text and stuck.

My pc configuration is

Intel core2duo e6400

Intel DG965RY motherboard

1.5GB RAM

and other things are built in.

Plz help me.

does anyone kno what this means or how to get around it???

The installer can not validate the contents of the 'automator' package. Contact the software manufacturer and try installing again.

i am trying to istall Kalyway Leo 10.5.1.

my laptop is an old intel centrino 1.73 cpu

geforce go6600 128mb

1gb ram

dual boot works fine...(acronis os selector)

tiger installs fine

dvd boots fine

burnt this copy of leo on Tiger OS at 4x speed using -r dvd.

installed using sse2 option ONLY.

looked all over forums, didnt see anyone having the same issue

any help would be appreciated, thanks

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic...

While I have a Macbook, I wanted a headless stand-alone box controlled with VNC to author DVDs, I like the iDVD menus ;-)

Kalyway 10.5.2 +dual Pentium, Gigabyte m/b + Asus 138 wifi card = perfect, fast & (touch wood) stable.

All for NZ$400, and legit as I have multi Leopard & iLife licences. Cheapest Mac Mini = NZ$1000 and benchmarks slower. I have added a 2nd HDD for an alternate XP boot.

All in all a happy camper and all hail Kaly's work.

There is a lot of great info here, but too much to read. I have read through a bunch of the pages but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I am having problems getting this installed. I had no trouble burning the dvd (I think that it is good)

I have a Dell PowerEdge SC430 server that I am trying to put this on. There are not a lot of BIOS settings that I can change. I upgraded the BIOS to the newest version A04 without any luck.

When I boot up I get the message to press a key to boot from DVD or hit F8. I press a key and within a minute I get an error:

EBIOS read Error: Error 0x04

Block 8939856 Sectors 64

This shows up a few times then it it has a different block.

After a few times it goes back to saying press a key to boot from DVD or hit F8. I try F8 and it shows the drive and partition, if I select that it does the same thing. At the boot: I have tried 'vanilla' '-s' '-x' and I get the same thing (with different block numbers).

I did let it sit once with those errors coming up then I eventually got another error saying something like Com.apple.boot.plist not found.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Has it been successfully put on this mobo? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi CaptRage,

I'm guessing that your server has a Raid configuration of some type. I have a Dell XPS Gen4 PC and had similar problems. Try the following: 1) If you have a laptop ot another PC that does NOT have a Raid configuration, see if the DVD will "boot" correctly. If so, then you know your DVD is OK. 2) If your DVD is OK, then break your Raid Array and try again.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem putting Mac os x Leopard on my Intel PC.

I installed it successfully ("Install Succeeded"), and then it resarts. Every tutorial says that after the restart, the computer should boot into Leopard (the BIOS is set to boot from HD and not from CD/DVD). Instead, I get a 5-seconds timer that offers me to "press any key" in order to get somewhere. If I don't touch anything and let the timer finish, the computer restarts over and over again. If I "press any key", the computer offers me 2 options. The first - "hd (0,1) windows NTFS". I can click that and then the computer uploads my pre-installed windows (only without Internet, but that's other prolem). The second - "hd (0,2) Leopard" (I gave the name 'Leopard' to the partition I installed Leopard on). If i highlight that second option, I get 3 options - To press enter, to type "-v" or to type "?". If I press enter (and also if I type "-v" or "?") the computer restarts.

So actually, Leopard installed successfully, but the computer won't boot into Leopard. It's like: the computer knows behind which door the Leopard partition hides, but it can't open that door.

My specifications I know:

Intel CPU

Kalway DVD v10.5.1 OS X

Win XP pre-installed

NVidia graphic card

1 GB ram

3.0 GHZ

132 GB - main partition - win XP installed on it

15 GB - second partition - i installed leopard on it

Maybe it is about not installing the correct drivers or bootloader when hitting "customize" prior to the installation? I marked the the vanillav kernel and the acpi as mentioned, in the video I marked natit_gf (something like that), soundcards - azalia out, network - the only one showed, with SSE 2 patch and without, and bootloader - mbr (after checking this is the right one).

BTW, I found another user who had that problem but didn't see anyone related to him, here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...&pid=591350

That's it.

If someone knows anything that can help me, I will really appriciate that.

Please, please, help me if you know how. :mellow:

Thanks in advance,

gal1111