KALYWAY 10.5.1 DVD release (the official)

kaly

2,627 posts in this topic

Hi, I installed Kaly 10.5.1 with cpus=1 option, and now, I have to start everytime with this option. Is it possible to avoid it,

and what cpus=1 really means - does system works with only one core?

MB Asus P5N-32 E SLI PLUS (nforce 650)

C2D 6420

2 GB RAM

8800 GT

HD 320 GB Sata, 160 GB IDE,

Kalyway 10.5.1 without vanilla, efi mbr, on IDE disk.

Excuse me if this is already answered, it's hard to find the answers on 120 pages thread ;)

Thanx.

Hi guys.

kalway 10.5.1. works fine on my Acer Aspire 5612WLMi.

Today I tried to update via Kalys Combo update 10.5.2. It went OK, but after second reboot, it boots the system, but the screen is white. I have nvidia 7300 GO with NATIT drivers. Tried also with NVInjext, but its the same...white screen. I also tried booting with -v (no errors), -x, -s, every possible combination of that, ....

Any solutions on this one?

Thank you in advance.

Quick question if someone might be able to possibly answer it because I've tried everything with no dice. If my post doesn't get overridden within the ten second time frame I have, then please feel free to answer my question.

I've got a Pentium 4 with 10.5.1 kalyway, and I currently don't have any way of getting it to work without freezing up on me. It starts to do a 'gray screen of death', or the reboot error. It happens to every computer, but Pentium 4's don't have a fix for it. So my question is...is there a fix?

HP Compaq dx2000 MT

Nvidia GeForce 5200

768MB RAM

Pentium 4 Prescott 2.79 GHz (SSE3 supported of course)

Chipset: Intel 865GV

IDE Western Digital - 111GB

------MBR

-Thanks

Hi, 1st I want to applogize cause perhaps some1 already asked this question: "why my satellite p105-s9722 shuts down during 10.5.1 installation?" Power just goes off with no warnings no matter which kernel I use F8 vanilla or not...

When I go verbose mode there are some errors like USBF /?/ cant take control over bios, and 3 other USBF errors, USBF , firewire issue - security on max lvl, what else... i cant remember

.. ah - unabling to recognize a missing system folder or something...

Sometimes installation reaches display coloring and once I even could manage my disk with disk utility, and then - power off, blah, I want this OS....

Perhaps my dvd-drive is screwd... or not?

any1 any ideas?

Kalyway 10.5.1

Hi,

is there a way to use timemachine for a complete restore?

I made a timemachine backup from my system, now I have to reinstall everything (partitiontable was damaged).

How can I make a cmpelte restore?

I tred using my Kalyways DVD. After booting the DVD I was able to chosse my timemachine backup and the whole prozess semed to run fine until very close to the end.

When the blue copy bar was full, the installtion stoped with an error.

how can I restore my system? That would be very important. I just had all my data, all programs and everything installed and setup on my hackintosh. Can´t start over.

Is it possible with the kalyways DVD? Or is there any other DVD I could use?

I have (or better sad had) Kalyways 10.5.1 plus 10.5.2 plus grafik update installed.

Timemachine is the only backup I have left of all my data...

Thanks!

Best

Lion

Damn over 2 000 posts! Hope I get some help -_-

First, I tried to install Kalyway 10.5.1 from a DVD. Yeah, I made a partition with Hiren Boot CD-Acronis disk director.

I boot with the command -v at the starting. No crash or kernel errors. Seem to be fine! I format my partition from the disk utility. Working nice! :D I customize with the Vanilla kernel, MBR (no GUID plz!), Azila Audi, Network (should be for a Broadcom wire and Atheros 5007EG (I know I'm a lucky guy). Ok fine, I start the installation.

Oh fudge!! Remain 7 minutes to the installation, my laptop crash, shutdown suddenly! :blink::P:( It's seem the ACPI is not supported and my CPU had a over heat.

Can I get some helps. Did a patch, a script or special setup to do for make it last?

My config: Acer Aspire 5720Z, Intel Dual Core 2330, 2 Gb Ram, Intel Turbo Memory 1 Gb, HDD 160 Gb Toshiba, Intel Chipset ICH8 82801, Intel GM 965 Graphic controller, Broadcom NetLink Gigabit, Atheros 5007EG Wireless.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but the search option kept rejecting everything I entered into it. I recently just installed the Kalyway disc and it seemed to go through the install just fine, but when my system reboots, I get the following error....

'/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

Has anyone seen this before, and if so can you help me? I did look at the HCL list before installing and I thought I was ok. These are my system specs....

motherboard : Abit IP35 Pro

processor : Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4ghz

memory : 4gb Kingston RAM (KHX64002K2/4G)

vid card : EVGA 8800GT 512mb

dvd drive : Plextor PX-810SA

hard drive : Seagate ST3750330AS SATA

power : Antec case w/ 500w power supply

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I apologize if this issue has been addressed, my search for my error kept giving me errors, and its kind of tough to sift through 120 pages of posts. If I have posted in the wrong place, please let me know and I will post in the correct place. Thank you in advance,

PJ

Hi,

can someone please help me with this one...

I have Vista Ultimate installed on my TOSHIBA X200-21K laptop, and I will install this MAC OSX too, as dual boot, is this "KALYWAY" release original ISO Apple DVD with few KALYWAY "extra settings" ofcourse, and... can I in "About this MAC" under "Starup Disk" change this "10.5.1kalyway" into... I don´t know how in the originaly is suposed to be!?

If someone please can help me, that would be great!

Thank You so much

Best regards

hey everyone, i have installed kaly 10.5.1 with successfull installation message and rebooted straight into OSX. Then i have installed 10.5.2 kaly combo update, repaired partitions and restarted my box. I know that the first boot will be long since i have fix kernel after i boot again, however i connot boot. I tried verbose mode and the is the place where everything gets stock... I have tried everything i knew, but with no luck, that is the place where everything just freezees every time i turn my box on.

I am not sure if its a driver problem or not, or is it because i have internet plugged in all the time with a lot of stuff plugged into box (like printer, wireless mouse, scaner, game controller, etc)

I also wondering if i should update my kernel before running 10.5.2... Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

post-200317-1206893158_thumb.jpg

I tried today to install, but it hangs at the apple logo after loading darwin. It does nothing after this. Just wondering if the image I used was ok, because in Windows when I check the properties of the disk it only has 192kb on it, while the image was 4.7 gb. When I burned the DVD it wrote all 4.7gb. I used a brand new Hard drive to install. I put in my regular hard drive and it gave me command line before it loaded up darwin, and then hangs with the apple logo again.

My notebook is the Acer 8204 if this helps at all. The only time I've ever seen something like this is when I was installing Linux on a really REALLY old system years back... Any solutions?

Ok so I've tried using the Leo4All iso and just tried using the KALYWAY iso and both don't seem to do what they're supposed to do. I've burned both to DVD and none of them will boot correctly.

Now I've burned both ISOs with MagicISO and Nero 6 and they seem to burn fine. I've even tried to burn them at their lowest possible burn speeds. They read fine on my Core Duo 2 PC and my brothers Dell Optaplex 320, it just won't fly on my Dell Latitude D600.

I've updated the BIOS to A16 thinking that might fix it, no go. I've tried so many different things. It's a Pentium M @ 1.6GHz with 512MB of Ram, and an ATi 9000 Mobile. The DVD drives runs fine without any kind of problem with other DVDs such as movies or other burned media. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

Can anyone assist me with my problem? The farthest I've gotten to is where it loads all the kexts and then it stops and does nothing...I don't even get a chance to get to the install menu. The DVD shows up properly within explorer in Windows XP Pro

Ran in -v... This is where it stops:

MAC framerwork successfully initialized

Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

Ideas?

I have got a download of kalway leo 10.5.1 intel sse2 sse3 i extracted all the parts of the and i expected to just see an iso but i was left with another rar file which i extracted and then ended up with 2 folders. 1 called __MACOSX and another called KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3.

Here is whats in MACOSX folder

Code:http://i107.imagethrust.com/images/3p4i/view-image/untitled-1.html

Code:http://i107.imagethrust.com/images/3p4j/view-image/untitled-2.html

Here is whats in KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 folder

Code:http://i108.imagethrust.com/images/3p4k/view-image/untitled-3.html

in this one Code:http://i108.imagethrust.com/images/3p4k/view-image/untitled-3.html the iso is there at 4.37gb and when i burn it as an iso on a dvd using ashampoo and also have tried with nero i just get a dvd with 192mb

What do i have to do ive been at this far too long

bilby Yes, you need vanilla kernel and fix also mouser Please provide your specs in you signature, and we will see what needs to be done. roger1 You are looking from a ISO file approximately 4 gb. None of those screen shots look like it is. However for notes, when you extract KALYWAY there is going to be two folders. intox_neb I don’t see any reason why not.Correction to Roger1, there is a file with 4,000,000 kb file, winrar it i think that what you need.Bilby Yes, you need vanilla kernel and fix also MouseR Please provide your specs in you signature, and we will see what needs to be done. Roger1 You are looking from a ISO file approximately 4 gb. I saw one file size of 4.000.000 kb or something. Most likely thats what you need. Winrar it and burn it at slow speed 4x on nero or something. However for notes, when you extract KALYWAY there is going to be two folders. Intox_neb I don’t see any reason why not.

vyx

what are your specs? please include them in your signsture. Its really hard to gtive you any ideas if i am cluesless what your specs are... make it like mine.