iATKOS v1.0i Released

REVENGE

217 posts in this topic

Which one would be great for my system (JaS's universal 10.4.8 or Uphuck's 10.4.9)

HP Pavilion dv6125

AMD Turion 64x2 processor

supports-x86, x86-64, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

1GB of RAM

Field Value

120GB SATA TOSHIBA MK1234GSX Harddrive

Device Description Device Type

video card nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Network Adapter Description

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Network Adapter Description

RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card

And if someone could tell me on how to enable to dual boot xp and mac, which boot loader is best and easy.

Bandman9818,

These can all be found in the OSx86 Installation 10.4 Tiger forum. I suspect mods would prefer this thread to be left to only iATKOS-related discussion. Do some searching and reading there before posting your question, and I suspect you'll find quite a few answers for your set-up quickly.

Oh, and check the OSx86 Project Wiki for more info regarding your hardware.

iatkos 94.3% 1 downloaded 2 seeders 2.09gb, kalyway 346 downloads, 3.46gb 126 seeders,

go figure ? that was 8 hrs ago, 2% since then,.. kalyway now 548 downloads 212 seeders.

iatkos still at 3 seeders ??? total download 1 ?? something wrong ?

can someone please clarify what can be done with this install? with vanilla, pc efi and darwin can we:

1) use boot camp?

2) use parallels?

3) use darwin to boot windows as a dual boot? How much command line tweaking involved? steps?

Since no one has gotten the download for obvious reasons, I know not many people know definitive answers, but any clarification would help.

can someone please clarify what can be done with this install? with vanilla, pc efi and darwin can we:

1) use boot camp?

2) use parallels?

3) use darwin to boot windows as a dual boot? How much command line tweaking involved? steps?

Since no one has gotten the download for obvious reasons, I know not many people know definitive answers, but any clarification would help.

Why would you use Bootcamp? Bootcamp does the same thing that Netkas' EFI bootloader does, only reverse. Bootcamp emulates BIOS on an EFI system; Netkas' emulates EFI on a BIOS system. Emulating BIOS on an emulated EFI system on a BIOS system is....not smart. :D

As for dual booting, you have to run GRUB to do that. I read the instructions and said screw that. I dual-boot the lazy man's way: each hard disk has an OS on it, and I press F10 to choose my boot disk when my BIOS is booting up.

Why would you use Bootcamp? Bootcamp does the same thing that Netkas' EFI bootloader does, only reverse. Bootcamp emulates BIOS on an EFI system; Netkas' emulates EFI on a BIOS system. Emulating BIOS on an emulated EFI system on a BIOS system is....not smart. :)

As for dual booting, you have to run GRUB to do that. I read the instructions and said screw that. I dual-boot the lazy man's way: each hard disk has an OS on it, and I press F10 to choose my boot disk when my BIOS is booting up.

i asked to use bootcamp b/c it's easy to setup. i'm looking for ease of use and ease to setup. is netkas' efi bootloader easy to setup?

i like your way though. i may have to do that...

1) use boot camp?

2) use parallels?

Use VMWARE Fusion, better than Parallels and do not use boot camp unless that you have a real Mac.

im kinda new to this whole dual booting with windows and leo, but i have vista installed right now, when the download finishes (hopefully before the end of the year...lol) will i have to completely wipe out vista? is there a way to create a partition? i tried researching on wiki and earlier in this thread, but im confused. just checked 58 seeds and counting!!!!! yay! but can anyone explain or give me a link on where i can find the best way to dual boot, i dont want to lose everything i have in vista

Thanks!

(hopefully before the end of the year...lol) will i have to completely wipe out vista? is there a way to create a partition? i tried researching on wiki and earlier in this thread, but im confused. just checked 58 seeds and counting!!!!! yay! but can anyone explain or give me a link on where i can find the best way to dual boot, i dont want to lose everything i have in vista
You need to create a seperate partition,yes either on your current or a seperate hard drive. For such issues, Come here:

[HowTo] XP + OSX 10.4.4-10.4.8 native dual boot - NO VMWare, no Linux, no Chain0 required. With pictures

A good guide, got me going with Acronis Disk Director

And to here (Tutorials : The Genius Bar)

:P

I didn't get to try out the Leopards releases because my PC was messed but I'm wondering if someone could tell me what's the difference between this and the last lot that came out?

Thanks people. :)

Hey man, this release has an integrated EFI emulation system (different from PC EFI apparently, but same function) that allows you to use Apple's original kernel and acpi kext without modifications. This generally yields performance gains and the peace of mind that you can use Apple system updates without significantly breaking your system. :)

CD not booting.

I try to put

-x

-v

-x -legacy

-v -legacy

but no luck. keep rebooting

Anyone help

I installed it, and after the installation, it is rebooting. My dual boot with XP is still working so that I'm able to connect.

I had the same problem with ToH ... Need to find a solution.

can u capture the problem with any cam to know about this problem.this is a one solution.

and there is another one you can go to uphuck forum and type a problem there and you will get a solution for your problem.

Best wishes.

What program should I use to burn iATKOS onto?

Thanks,

Boot Camp

For OS X, I recommend using the built in image recorder; for Windows, if you don't have CD burning software, use ImgBurn.

I've finally finished downloading iATKOS but it just reboots the PC about 5-10 seconds after pressing any key to install OSX.

I have a 4core-dual VSTA mobo with an E6600 and a 7600GT that I've had 10.4.9 installed on before (with a radeon 9800Pro) with the usual sata problems. I have tried with HPET on and off.

I've tried 2 different IDE hard drives, 1 maxtor and 1 Western Digital.

Anybody know why this might happen?