iATKOS v1.0i Released

REVENGE

217 posts in this topic

According to the osx86.turk team's official IRC channel on irc.atlantis-irc.net and uphuck.com, their release of Mac OS X 10.5.1 (Build 9B18), codename iATKOS, has been seeded to a "mini" torrent site as of 12-17-2007. iATKOS is considered by osx86/hackintosh community to be the holy grail of "white box PC" Leopard releases. Under development since the time of Leopard's finalization, the iATKOS project has undergone several tentative release announcements, followed by bug fixes, feature additions, and consequent delays and postponement. This finalized v1.0i release will incorporate the monumental PC-EFI boot loader system, a fully patched 10.5.1 installation, and additional community made content. These components may provide for the first time, a consummate white box Leopard experience, with full support for certain combinations of hardware, and the ability to use the vanilla kernel and official Apple updates on Intel Core 2 systems. PPC code has also been removed, so the entire file is smaller in size. The uphuck team itself has recently gained both respect and notoriety from their well developed and supported releases of Tiger, so there is a lot to be expected from their Leopard release.

LIVE: Seeding is now complete. The md5 of the iso file is:166c9e104115ac7e6d6ee0a634b91471

iATKOS v1.0i Official Readme (Require registration)

The uphuck forum is back online.

iATKOS Unofficial FAQ

The OSx86 Project - InsanelyMac's parent wiki, with HCL for 10.5.X and Installation Guides.

QUOTE:

These components may provide for the first time, a consummate white box Leopard experience, with full support for certain combinations of hardware,

----

What type of hardware? i'm writing from my beloved mbp, but i'd like to have a desktop always on... just to know one or two combinations of hardware or just a compatible motherboard with iATKOS release...

thanks !

QUOTE:

These components may provide for the first time, a consummate white box Leopard experience, with full support for certain combinations of hardware,

----

What type of hardware? i'm writing from my beloved mbp, but i'd like to have a desktop always on... just to know one or two combinations of hardware or just a compatible motherboard with iATKOS release...

thanks !

Ah well, I'm thinking specifically of an Intel Core 2 based platform, with a compatible LAN/WLAN adapter (check our osx86 wiki), in combination with one of the video cards supported by Natit or Intel GMA 950, and integrated hd audio. Still, it is advisable to check our HCL list!

:) 1 seeder & 1768 leeches. will seed while i am seeing clients 2day. should help sum. sadly don't have the hardware 2 run it @ the moment. 4 those asking, real questions r what motherboards (mostly chipset issues but also whether motherboard features are supported) & what videocards r supported. probly no1 knows yet 4 sure. watch the 4ums here, @ mac on pc, @ osx86scene, @ uphuck. nfo will start 2 emerge about problems & successes. @ sum point it will b here

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

which is connected w/insanely mac but it isn't there yet.

I'm downloading this but I'm not sure what's better with this than previous releases. Will I be able to use my Xfi Elite Pro sound card with this?

No, you will not.

I will consider updating our HCL this afternoon to clear things up a bit, but that is the place to go first. Next, go in our forums and search for answers to existing questions. Finally, if you need more help, post a topic, but ONLY after you've done your research. :)

;) to :unsure: my eta went from 1 hr 25 mins 2 a range of 16 days 2 35 days 2 infinity. looks like none of the peers 2 whom i am connected has over 25% or so which is what i have already. 1 seeder but i am not connected 2 the seeder. so if u get it downloaded successfully please do every1 a favor & seed 4 a while. i will. thanx.
progress.gif

Everyone, remember to set your bt client's max global and max torrent connection to something around 1000+. It is hit or miss trying to get connected to a peer in reach of the seed, so connect more. :unsure:

According to the osx86.turk team's official IRC channel on irc.atlantis-irc.net and uphuck.com, their release of Mac OS X 10.5.1 (Build 9B18), codename iATKOS, has been seeded to a "mini" torrent site as of 12-17-2007. iATKOS is considered by osx86/hackintosh community to be the holy grail of "white box PC" Leopard releases. Under development since the time of Leopard's finalization, the iATKOS project has undergone several tentative release announcements, followed by bug fixes, feature additions, and consequent delays and postponement. This finalized v1.0i release will incorporate the monumental PC-EFI boot loader system, a fully patched 10.5.1 installation, and additional community made content. These components may provide for the first time, a consummate white box Leopard experience, with full support for certain combinations of hardware, and the ability to use the vanilla kernel and official Apple updates on Intel Core 2 systems. PPC code has also been removed, so the entire file is smaller in size. The uphuck team itself has recently gained both respect and notoriety from their well developed and supported releases of Tiger, so there is a lot to be expected from their Leopard release.

LIVE: The md5 hash of the correct release: "73c6a431c4cd6b2c03bae49a8ead2ada7e4ae97c". Due to only 1 seeder, only trickle down bandwidth is available. uphuck and eskurza are both active in IRC.

The uphuck forum is back online.

"PPC code has also been removed..." What does this mean? No Rosetta?