iATKOS v1.0i Released

REVENGE

217 posts in this topic

just let me get something straight...i read about efi, use of original apple kernel,toh rc2 leopard etc...now with iATKOS v1.0i: i have an intel "core duo" processor in my laptop, note: NOT a "core 2 duo", just a "core duo"...my question: am i able to use apples original kernel? if so, am i able to update leopard within the mac os x without the fear of a bootfail after the update or something like that?

i read that only core 2 duo cpus can use the efi emulation with original kernel and easy systemupdates...why not the core duo since it also has sse3...i can't see the connection between the 64bit core 2 duo and the original apple kernel...leopard also runs on core duo apple machines like the mini or the macbook/pro first generation...or am i totally wrong??

by the way: what is the big difference in iATKOS v1.0i release in comparision to, let's say, toh rc2? that the original kernel, 10.5.1 etc is included?

thanks for any help

I have the same question as you regarding the Core Duo ;)

Regards ! :)

Chaos

by the way: what is the big difference in iATKOS v1.0i release in comparision to, let's say, toh rc2? that the original kernel, 10.5.1 etc is included?

That is something I want to know. I spent a week trying to get Leo on my PC, and finally got it a few days ago... WHAT is the big difference?? I don't want to redo my entire install just to install a highly anticipated Leo release...

The difference is *hopefully* a one boot install disk that patches your hardware (i/o), and gives you a choice of vanilla kernel or not. At least, that is how I'm understanding it.

For those of us that are efying (v8 rocks!) with a vanilla kernel on 10.5.1 and have all our i/o working, I don't think there is any need to re-install.

Once the 3000+ leechers become 40 seeders -_- , then I'll start downloading, and give it a try on a spare partition.

just let me get something straight...i read about efi, use of original apple kernel,toh rc2 leopard etc...now with iATKOS v1.0i: i have an intel "core duo" processor in my laptop, note: NOT a "core 2 duo", just a "core duo"...my question: am i able to use apples original kernel? if so, am i able to update leopard within the mac os x without the fear of a bootfail after the update or something like that?

i read that only core 2 duo cpus can use the efi emulation with original kernel and easy systemupdates...why not the core duo since it also has sse3...i can't see the connection between the 64bit core 2 duo and the original apple kernel...leopard also runs on core duo apple machines like the mini or the macbook/pro first generation...or am i totally wrong??

thanks for any help

I have the same question as you regarding the Core Duo -_-

Regards ! :angel:

Chaos

Ok, some clarifications regarding PC EFI itself. From netkas' site, I take it that any of the Core series of Intel CPUs (Core Solo, Core 2 Solo, Core Duo, Core 2 Duo), and possibly derivative Celerons will work with PC-EFI + Vanilla kernel. I'm not sure about Pentium D, and I'm pretty certain that Pentium 4s will need to use the modified kernel. Hope that answers your question!

I don't know guyz if you know this but there's Kalyway 10.5.1 on the piratebay

Is it gonna a battle between versions or what ?

First of all, please don't talk about this yet... :angel:

Second of all, the kalyway team does not wish for this to be a battle between them and uphuck. Each release has its own features. I will explain more tomorrow.

thanks. I might not be getting a new hard drive today as it will probably take a week to be delivered. If i partitioned my hard drive will i still be able to access the files from my windows partition?

edit - am i right in thinking that it has to be a fat32 partition? Also would 50GB be big enough for the OS and some programs?

If i partitioned my hard drive will i still be able to access the files from my windows partition?

Correct. But actually Mac OS X uses its own format, HFS+. So basically on one drive you want 3 partitions. One for windows, one HFS+ for Mac OS X, and one FAT32 (share data)

Full guide here, using Acronis Disk Director, which is a great way to do it. Other guides also around the forum, and in the Genius Bar.

WARNING this RELEASE is missing alot OF Good Features. like FUll Jmicron Sata support read/write and alot of other features.

Best DVD to come out. is now..

KALYWAY DVD 10.5.1 (find it on the BAY)

ok. rls UPHUCK. but put more effort into it

Thanks Rp4k, but there will be no more mention or discussion of kalyway in this thread. An announcement will be made on FPN within the hour, but in the meantime please keep discussion here pertinent to uphuck, not about where to find what torrent, download speed, or what release is better. Thank you.

OK, i guess, the Pentium D it's a Pentium Dual Core, ok, all most familiy "D" run's SS3, and EFI, i don't know if run in Pentium D... I'm not sure... But when i try "Vanilla Kernel", mi PC reboot's over and over again...

I don't understand, if theorically the Familiy Core Duo/Core X/Dual Core/SS3 run's EFI, and some Pentium D's, why this release, iAtkos, not run Pentium D's???

Once again, if any knows, or tested a Pentium D with EFI and Vanilla or iAtkos, please confirm and no supose...

The Pentium D is similar to the Pentium 4. It's really two Pentium 4's on one chip. It's confusing because there is a new, Core2 based "Pentium Dual Core" sold, the e2140, e2160 and e2180. Do not confuse these with Pentium D.

The Pentium D will work with EFI bootloader, but not with "vanilla" kernel. Howeve, because it is based on new, Core 2 technology, the Pentium Dual Core e21x0 will work with vanilla kernel (along with other Core2 chips)

However the Pentium D still works perfectly, as an SSE3 chip. As long as you can live without vanilla kernel (I know I will run iAtkos without it because I have a Pentium 4)

irst of I would like to thank anyone who helps with the Mac OS x86 project!!!

Ok, I am a noob and need help, I would like to install mac os x 10.5.1, in my laptop and dont know which release is better and if will work on my computer. I would like to triple boot my computer if possible, but i really need a dual boot (Mac,XP and ?vista?)

I would like to know of all of the release that work with my computers spec's and is user/noob friendly, since i dont know command/code/ terminal.

My computers specs.

HP Pavilion dv6125

AMD Turion 64x2 processor

supports-x86, x86-64, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

1GB of RAM

Field Value

120GB SATA TOSHIBA MK1234GSX Harddrive

Device Description Device Type

video card nVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

Network Adapter Description

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Network Adapter Description

RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card

:D

Any thing you can tell or show me would be extremely helpful thank you!

This won't work for you (right now), bandman9818.

You have an AMD processor and this release is only supporting Intel chips (w/ SSE3 and HPET I take it).

Check out one of the Tiger distros (like JaS's universal 10.4.8 or Uphuck's 10.4.9) while you're waiting for someone to put together a 10.5 AMD kernel (or if you have some technical knowledge and ability, contribute to some of the issues and development going on with that project!).