iATKOS v1.0i Released

REVENGE

217 posts in this topic

mmm...iAtkos working here on two Pentium 4's already. However on the one it also wouldn't boot, so I just installed uphuck 1.4 first and installed iAtkos with Pacifist. It works really well!

do you mean 10.4 by uphuck. did you enable the efi emulation. how did you do it? can you post some steps please.

I would like to give my warm Thanks to osx86.turk team for releasing the iATKOS, tested the DVD on my ECS Laptop

Installation works smoothly...

From out of the box hardware that works

Audio : Realtek High Definition Audio ( but no output from the laptop speaker only on PhoneJack )

Video : Nvidia Go 7300

Touchpad : Works ( but i have to tweak some settings on the Info.plist to work the tap and the touch scroll )

Firewire : Works

Lan : Intel Pro 100/1000 Works

Hardware not working yet

PCMCIA : TI PCIxx12

CardReader : TI

Wireless : Intel 3945

Still appreciate the Job well done by the team

Yes. iAKTOS v1 and v1r2 didn't work on my two P4. And they don't work on every C2D. In fact Kalyway's release is much more hardware friendly. I've installed Kalyway's on P4 and on my Asus C2D and it works fine with EFI.. I cannot say the same about iAKTOS. Never could install it on any of the 5 PCs I've tryed: Two CD2 and two P4. It seems to install Ok, but I keep getting a blinking cursor or an endless reboot.So, my advice is, forget ToH and iAKTOS. Use Kalyway with P4 (and C2D, of course).

PS

iAKTOS has a lot more hardware patches and support, but it's a crying shame it doesn't work on more laptops and desktops.

this thing does not work on P4 s i dont care if your intel P4 has sse3 4 5 6 7 or 8 ;) it just wont boot.. i have not yet seen any reply saying that it worked on their intel p4 configurations. if you pay attention all the happy people are the 1nes with core2 duo s.. oh and dont even try the calyway thing cuz you are going to end up with the same results. the only leopard release that has worked with me is the TOH RC2 it works perfect..im typing this reply on it..i know that the dvd image was burned correctly because i installed on a ibm thinkpad that yea had a core 2 dou ;) and it worked perfect the only thing that dint work was a simple to fix wireless adapter by intel my system configuration is :D intel p4 yeup sse2/3 ready no oc :( all intel based motherboard msi 945 gm 3 -_- ide HD 120 gb azilia audio gma 950 rtl r10000 series NIC DONT WASTE YOU TIME NO CORE 2 NO PLAY :D
I have the same problem.I'm a new Noob at this... ASUS P4P800 SE Motherboard on Intel 865PEMB specs;* CPU Socket 478; P4 - 3Ghz (NOT Dual core) * 4 x DDR SDRAM DIMM (coloured differently and grouped in pairs); * 1 x AGP (with a clip); * 5 x PCI (32 bits, 33 MHz); * 1 x FDD; * 2 x IDE (Parallel ATA), both in the chipset; * 2 x SATA (Serial ATA), both in the chipset; * 2 x USB (2.0) headers; * 1 x CI sensor;2Gb ramAti- Radion X850 - videoMaybe I didn't get the correct iso.. When I type -v and it scrolls the devices that it's installing but after about 5-6min. booting off the DVD, it reboots.It has XP on it right now..Should I delete partitions on the drive completely..? I "assumed" the DVD boots up into something with a GUI that would let me blow away partitions/format.. etc..Any ideas?
I've installed Leopard on a P4P800-X and my advice is forget ToH and iAKTOS. Use Kalyway for P4 (and C2D, of course). It seems iAKTOS won't work on almost all P4 or processors without C2D.

i'm running Windows Vista on a intel dual core 1.67 ghz, 2gigs ram, 120 gb hd, intel graphics card, and soundblaster audio. if I run this DVD, it will ask me if I want to partition my drive an install Leopard to that area? And if it does not run correctly, would it be easy for me to go about removin the partition and Leopard without effecting the rest of my computer and Vista? i'm really wanting to run OS X for stability and compatibility reasons for audio engineering purposes.

also, i've read that the creative soundblaster card may not work at all with leopard, any updates on that situation?

@geforced

do you mean 10.4 by uphuck. did you enable the efi emulation. how did you do it? can you post some steps please.

Yes, I mean uphuck's tiger version 1.4i. Well I installed uphuck on one partition, and formatted another partition for iAtkos. Then I searched for the install script on the iAtkos install dvd, which you run before installing. I ran that script from terminal, and yes, I chose EFI emulation. Then I loaded the iAtkos install dvd in Pacifist 2.5, and selected the patched which I wanted to install. Then right click in Pacifist and select "Install to Other Disk". That's it!

This guide is what I used as a starting point, however, with iAtkos it's much simpler. Just select your patches and go! :(

This method works great if iAtkos won't boot or if anything else goes wrong. I have successfully installed on a p4m800 motherboard this way.

BTW iAtkos DOES work on a Pentium 4, I have installed it on 2 already. Kalyway might still be a better choice, but I downloaded iAtkos, so I used that.

edit: one more thing. You can use EFI emulation, but do NOT select vanilla kernel and smbios if you don't have a core 2 duo. It won't work on a P4. That's all!

What's the best Nvidia driver, Natit, Titan, NVInject or 8800? I have an 8800GT 512MB. Also, it installed perfectly and when it reboots it goes to the Darwin loading page (5 seconds) than the next loading page which is grey with the Apple logo but after about 15 seconds there it says the computer needs to be restarted.

So, I ran with the -v flag and this is the last message/where it hangs:

Jan 9 12:39:37 localhost mds[25]: (/.Spotlight-V100/Store-V1/Stores/EF454671-65B5-4A8D-9FAD-F2D 79745 ADFA)(Error) IndexCI in ContentIndexOpenBulk: No index

Just before this message the last ones are starting Login Window Application and before that I think something about the ethernet and than before that NVInject is doing it's thing. This is with iATKOS v1.0i, EFI chosen with correct kexts and the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

GA P35-DS3P

4GB DDR2800 Corsair

BFG 8800GT OC 512MB

500GB SATAII HDD (Vista; not plugged in while testing Leopard though)

200GB SATAII HDD (Leopard)

ASUS DVD Burner (SATA)

I would like to give my warm Thanks to osx86.turk team for releasing the iATKOS, tested the DVD on my ECS Laptop

Installation works smoothly...

From out of the box hardware that works

Audio : Realtek High Definition Audio ( but no output from the laptop speaker only on PhoneJack )

Video : Nvidia Go 7300

Touchpad : Works ( but i have to tweak some settings on the Info.plist to work the tap and the touch scroll )

Firewire : Works

Lan : Intel Pro 100/1000 Works

Hardware not working yet

PCMCIA : TI PCIxx12

CardReader : TI

Wireless : Intel 3945

Still appreciate the Job well done by the team

harbot,

Could you please tell me what Info.plist file you edit and how to edit it to enable tap and touch scroll? I have an HP DV25000T.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
mmm...iAtkos working here on two Pentium 4's already. However on the one it also wouldn't boot, so I just installed uphuck 1.4 first and installed iAtkos with Pacifist. It works really well!

***** i've just installed the ialtos on my p4 3.0ghz - by not installing efi and only selectin

remove cpu power managment & applesmbios *****

working good -

also see my post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=84231

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Should work well. Your wireless card won't work, it's not supported but you can replace it with a Dell Truemobile 1390 or Dell Wireless TrueMobile 1505 Draft N mini PCI-E from ebay Here are some useful threads to help you out:

Working Leopard 10.5.1 ATI Mobility X1600

Devilhood's Guide for Dell Laptops - This guide helped me to get sleep working, on an Acer Laptop.

Should work well. Your wireless card won't work, it's not supported but you can replace it with a Dell Truemobile 1390 or Dell Wireless TrueMobile 1505 Draft N mini PCI-E from ebay Here are some useful threads to help you out:

Working Leopard 10.5.1 ATI Mobility X1600

Devilhood's Guide for Dell Laptops - This guide helped me to get sleep working, on an Acer Laptop.

Thanks a lot! I'll working on it and I would trying to informed to here only if when I get any problems.