iATKOS is released (updated)

pkmoazzam

295 posts in this topic

Seems I might be one of the first with a success story. :)

I installed the iAtkos 1.0i on a Zepto Znote with a 2.0Ghz C2D, 2GB ram and a GeForce 7600 Go with 512MB. I formatted an unused partition (MBR scheme!) to be HFS (journaled) and executed the Darwin Boot script with EFI on it.

And you know what? It boots perfectly, I installed NVinjectGo 1.0 (512MB) and now I also have a perfect screen looking at me. :D

Also Windows is still bootable using the Darwin bootloader, so everything is working perfect for me, except for some hardware of which I knew it was going to be more of a trouble to get working. But at least I'm typing this message from my fresh iAtkos installation now, so I'm happy. :)

Thanks uphuck and friends!!!

I just re-installed, this time I slected NVIDIA 880 AND I clicked the NVInject for my card, and I now have my 8800GTS back and working. Plus, I found KEXTS from a previous post for sound drivers for my card - so I'm running pretty well.

The only issue is that the EFI & Darwin script keeps failling with error 2 - can't figure that out?

Confirmed working for me!

I burned and installed with EFI boot on a HP v6000t. Works perfectly - a true white box installation!

Now if I could only get speedstep working under EFI..

edit: I successfully updated 10.5.1 to 10.5.2

anyone know how to get speedstep back?

The install was successful. When I boot, nothing happens, my computer just hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data". I also tried booting the DVD and letting the timer expire which resulted in a reboot. I installed with every package checked except for that processor power one since I don't think I need it with my new Q6600, but maybe that is the problem.

Installed fine for me with package/patch EFI emulation and NVinject all working out of the box

Only thing I had to do was use "cpus=1" as the system was rebooted during boot after installation

Intel Core 2 Duo 6300

2Gb RAM

Asrock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2

Lan Realtek RTL8111B

Audio ALC888

Liniksys Wireless PCI Card

GeForce 7300GT

I am still dealing with the "blinking cursor" problem.

I have set the "boot" flag with G-Parted and formated the drive with an MBR partition table using Disk Utility.

I am going to try not using EFI emulation next.

EDIT: I was skipping the installation of the bootloader step (which is down by executing a "darwin boot" script from utilities menu on the installation disk.

Am I the only one who finds all the "iATKOS" {censored} Apple logos ugly and childish? I don't want this - I want standard OS X logos.

I'm not even going to bother installing this turkey. I already have ToH installed, and I'm downloading Kalyway 10.5.1 right now.

I don't want this - I want standard OS X logos.

I agree but Kalaway includes a bunch of random apps preinstalled which I also don't like either. ToH or the flat install method using the retail Leopard DVD is the way to go.

For those of you who are unable to unzip this file, we may have downloaded a FAKE file. WinRAR will return an error message no matter how you try to extract it. Apparently, there is a FAKE floating around. The guy who uploaded it should be shot.

I installed with EFI successfully on a Bad Axe 2 Quad. Came at the perfect time, BTW, since my earlier install of Leopard died with a hard drive error yesterday. Still migrating my user from the DiskWarrior repair of that drive...

Had to use the GPartEd disk to set the boot flag, and copy my IONetworkingFamily.kext from Tiger, but seems to be okay - shame about the logos, tho...

Patrick

Seems I might be one of the first with a success story. :wacko:

I installed the iAtkos 1.0i on a Zepto Znote with a 2.0Ghz C2D, 2GB ram and a GeForce 7600 Go with 512MB. I formatted an unused partition (MBR scheme!) to be HFS (journaled) and executed the Darwin Boot script with EFI on it.

And you know what? It boots perfectly, I installed NVinjectGo 1.0 (512MB) and now I also have a perfect screen looking at me. :D

Also Windows is still bootable using the Darwin bootloader, so everything is working perfect for me, except for some hardware of which I knew it was going to be more of a trouble to get working. But at least I'm typing this message from my fresh iAtkos installation now, so I'm happy. :)

Thanks uphuck and friends!!!

I got a znote myself, except for 256mb 7600go. How is the cpu temp ? Does speedstep work ? I got 10.4.10 installed on it now, but it get's extremely hot (even with speedstep installed) and give's me a kernel panic or turns off after a while.

Would anyone who has the complete torrent PLEASE run your torrent client for some hours so other users will have a chance to use it?

Thanks a lot!

(Is it that bad if the "incoming connections" icon is a yellow triangle?)