iATKOS is released (updated)

pkmoazzam

295 posts in this topic

. . bad torrent, I'm afraid:

:

THIS IS FAKE GUYS!!!!

Only take the information thats posted on IRC or on the forum BY ME or UPHUCK seriously..

THX

Did anybody read this post???

A pretty reliable poster and source say that the torrent is a fake. Yet posters continue to ramble on about downloading it and how excited they are.

Color me confused.

Did anybody read this post???

A pretty reliable poster and source say that the torrent is a fake. Yet posters continue to ramble on about downloading it and how excited they are.

Color me confused.

He was referring to the torrent on broken stones, which isnt what we are all downloading.

I stopped downloading it, theres not really any point in bothering until its around 95-99% anyways since almost everyone is stuck at the same percent.

Plus for brokenstones users kalyway will come out tonight or tomorrow there, since its a private tracker it should probably finish way before this one.

71.2% It's gonna be a leopardus x-mass ;) !

Meanwhile I tried the ToH R2 with the postpatches posted around and updated it to 10.5.1 and got the azalia audio.kext and intel pro.kext (network) from uphuck 10.4.9 and I'm listening to some kinkFM right now and trying to do some goodies from Leopard. I like it sofar... I'll make a backup and try the iAtkos release (i'm so excited :( ). When it's installing fine I'll reward eskurza and uphuck so they keep up the good work!

Cheers, Srgdr

Though their releases are very good, usually, their way of doing things isn't. They said they were forced to put out release dates, which is bogus ofcourse, creating so many expectations. Then, it was on the mail towards Ezkura (mail?). But then, it suddenly wasn't and it just needed more time, uphuck is in a war-zone... I mean, c'mon. And then this way of distributing, I don't mind it one bit, but it's taking daaaays again! I gave up like a week ago and just went into hacking my own install, I'm already done. :D

Though their releases are very good, usually, their way of doing things isn't. They said they were forced to put out release dates, which is bogus ofcourse, creating so many expectations. Then, it was on the mail towards Ezkura (mail?). But then, it suddenly wasn't and it just needed more time, uphuck is in a war-zone... I mean, c'mon. And then this way of distributing, I don't mind it one bit, but it's taking daaaays again! I gave up like a week ago and just went into hacking my own install, I'm already done. :P

Yes, yes, but you are only doing for your own system, which you know inside out and head directly to search every chip's kext. What they are facing is thousands of combinations of setups. And mostly importantly trying to create a once-for-all automated installation disc for mass users who will just faint facing all those chmod chown cp mc ditto fdisk diskutil etc etc

Please respect others' efforts. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Please respect others' efforts. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Oh, but I do, as I said "great releases". However, it's quite impossible for them as well to support all those thousands of configurations, so that's not the reason. I still needed to tweak Uphuck's 10.4.9 release a little bit. But, the good thing about their releases is just those words...I needed to tweak it a little bit. Which is great and I really appreciate their free time. Things is, that I still can have some criticism ofcourse, I mean why not...many ppl have it in the Linux world as well and that's all free. Criticism can make their handling of things better in the future, if they want to that is. What they simply shouldn't have done is announcing it, just surprise us, that's much better.

Been downloading since day 1. I am at work. I think it's around 80%. Since before I left I saw 70%. Hopefully. Should be done by tomorrow morning or late tonight. Can't wait to burn and test (remember burn at slowest speed: 2x)

85.7%... I'm beginning to feel disturbed....

I'm trying now to download even the Kalyway 10.5.1 dvd recently released...

I only hope to have one of these two before Christmas :D

I'm doing the exact same thing.. Funny the Kalyway download was started just yesterday and is already at 80% complete and were talking 3.51 gigs. Says 5 more hours so I'll at least have that to play with..

The IATKOS is at 89.5% and its downloading here and there.. with no ETA as of right now. It flucuates alot..

What is fair share of seeding?

I have already uploaded 8GB of data as it is like many others, and for that i had to have the comp on for days, for something that should take an hour to get.

Those days i could have spent on testing instead and do other things..

Why do some assume, that once the file is downloaded, all those with fast net will leave, and not seed?

Stupid!

I would have seeded gladly normally as i do, but this is just absurd, and i have done my share already with this one. I rather save my environment by using less energy.

Sorry!

What is fair share of seeding?

I have already uploaded 8GB of data as it is like many others, and for that i had to have the comp on for days, for something that should take an hour to get.

Those days i could have spent on testing instead and do other things..

Why do some assume, that once the file is downloaded, all those with fast net will leave, and not seed?

Stupid!

I would have seeded gladly normally as i do, but this is just absurd, and i have done my share already with this one. I rather save my environment by using less energy.

Sorry!

It means everybody more or less gets the exact same data at the exact same time. It literally cuts the legs off of a torrent and forces all leechers to hang with a torrent much longer than is actually nessessary to accomplish seeding.

It's supposed to cure the hit and run problem, which isn't really a problem to begin with, in my opinion.