iATKOS is released (updated)

pkmoazzam

295 posts in this topic

I still don't understand why this download is so slow. There is for sure one uploader, but ... does he have a 56k modem uploading it at 0.1kb/s ? Looks like that to me, maybe is done on purpose for some reasons. I can't see another technical reason ...

The answer is within this thread, grasshopper. I promise that if you read a thread before posting in it that the odds of asking a question that's already been answered decrease by a factor of 10. ;)

COME ON ALREADY!. lol. So close to the end and everytime I check on it.. 0 K/B on the Download or it's sending Bytes at a time.. not even KB's.

Why is that by the way? Is there still just one Seeder and if so whats he doing? Rebooting his PC a thousand times? Why won't it continuously send. Even if it's Bytes at a time at least its making progress..

Im at 99.0% now.. Wonder if it'll take another day to get that last %.

COME ON ALREADY!. lol. So close to the end and everytime I check on it.. 0 K/B on the Download or it's sending Bytes at a time.. not even KB's. Why is that by the way? Is there still just one Seeder and if so whats he doing? Rebooting his PC a thousand times? Why won't it continuously send. Even if it's Bytes at a time at least its making progress.. Im at 99.0% now.. Wonder if it'll take another day to get that last %.
The short version is that the seeder(s) handicapped the torrent to discourage "hit and run" leeches. Everybody is getting, more or less, the exact same data at the exact same time. This means that no matter how fast your connection is that you'll only recieve new data as fast as the origin populates it.Basicly it's working the exact opposite way of how a BT should work.I just connected to a new seed, that last .005% is just flyin' by. :P

Ok, ignore my last post about the ZIP-file being corrupt. It appeared the download wasn't actually complete yet, in contrary to what the WebGUI I'm using told me. After checking with the Torrent daemon on my server, it appeared it was at 97%. Now it's at 99% so I'm back in the same position as all of you. :P

Hell, it just finished some minutes ago. I was just watching live the march-in at this historical moment :-)

But now... where can i find quickly the md5 in order to check integrity? Damn, I forgot where I saw this... anyone?

AND BTW, mine is still 2.08 GB instead of 2.09... but i can't be wrong, or the other ~30.000 must be wrong too :D

My zip is not valid either. I've killed and re-started my torrent so it re-checked the hashes, still no-go:

Archive: iATKOS_v1.0i.iso.zip

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not

a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.

The correct md5sum should be "73c6a431c4cd6b2c03bae49a8ead2ada7e4ae97c" but mine is coming out as "500495657ea7332cfca1c661cd480878".

Grrrr!