iATKOS is released (updated)

pkmoazzam

295 posts in this topic

Ah ha finished - I'll seed all night at least at full whack and then everynight I can do it....

edit : well considering MD5 hash problems, mine unzipped OK with the MD5 sum of 166c9e104115ac7e6d6ee0a634b91471 on iATKOS_v1.0i.iso

Interesting... I tried a few different unarchiver utilities, and finally found one that was able to open the Zip. FWIW, StuffitExpander was able to extract it, but zip (the official one for Linux) and "The Unarchiver" for OSX both failed.

Hmm mine isn't corrupt - I was able to extract & burn it inside Tiger (10.4.10). My only problem is, that the DVD-drives LED is blinking like hell while installation; so I bootet from my Tiger HDD (2 disks are a good for things like this) and burn it again in 4x-speed. Hope this will work :)

PS. Don't forget to do the Darwin-Boot-Stuff from the Utilities menu after partitionizing your disk.

I dont know about you guys but this is going on with me:

I extracted the iso file and burned it . so far ok

when i try to install it starts but when it goes to load extensions it reboots my pc. I have a SSE3 processor and it does that even with all the kernel flags you may know ( i went to the wiki and tried them all).

With Toh's release i get a clear, clen and smooth install....

Can it be becose of EFI?

Any help on this woul be good...thanks in advance.

Release Notes:

Welcome to iATKOS v1.0i Installation..

Credits goes to Apple and OSX86 community..

by uphuck, eskurza, kabyl and the rest of OSX86.Türk team..

Special thanks to people that support our work..

Attention:

1- This DVD is designed for Intel architectures.

2- This DVD includes Apple's brand new OS Leopard 10.5.1 (9B18) which is being improved continuously. This system runs nice as we tested but many kind of stability problems on your various hardware are possible. Please report to us, your feedbacks are important for this project.

For your installation to succeed, please regard to following information:

1- Make sure that the md5 of the iso image that you downloaded matches the one posted on our website. Otherwise you have a faulty DVD. Use quality media/burner and burn slowly.

2- Please read the descriptions of the packages carefully.

3- Intel CoreDuo Proccessors have appropriate SpeedStep Technology which is stable in OS X. If you have such processor, you can enable Throttling feature using the "SpeedStep" package which u can find under Drivers section. You can not use this feature if you selected original kernel. Throttling feature includes Prasys' Throttling kext and Tuxx's SpeedStepping Application.

4- This release includes EFI emulation boot. Intel Core CPUs can use stock kernel and stock ACPIPlatform kernel extension with EFI emulation. This increases stability and performance (especially hdd performance by %50 on Leopard).

5- Some wireless Networking Adaptors may require IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5 to be configured properly. If you have this type of harware, please install "10.4.5 IO80211Family.kext" package during installation.

6- Some wireless Networking Adaptors that need kext from 10.4.5 (Atheros 5005xx series) may need ''Wireless patch'' to be configured correctly. If so select it.

Installation:

1- Run Disk Utility via Utilities menu and erase the target partition for clean install. Do partitioning if you need to, but be sure to select MBR type partition map. (We advice you to do the partitioning via Gparted live cd)

2- Run Darwin Boot and follow the instructions to install Darwin Boot to your target partition. In this section you will decide to use EFI emulation or not.

3- Select the destination for installation.

4- Click customize and select needed packages from menu.

5- Click Install.

Install time is about 20 minutes.

Known Issues:

1- The DVD has no integrated procedure for multi-booting. While preparing dual-boot systems or such, you might need additional steps for your OS' to boot and function properly. We recommend Gparted Live CD for such operations. You may easily find tutorials about multi-boot systems on the web.

2- If you do partitioning with diskutil then be sure mbr partition type is selected, otherwise you can not boot from that hd by bios. If you do partitioning with diskutil while having another partitions in disk, they all can be unusable. Because of all these we advice Gparted live cd for partitioning and diskutil only for erasing.

3- Jmicron Sata and IDE controllers are known to have issues with OS X.

4- OS X have major problems with ATI X200 chipset.

5- nVidia 8xxx cards are known not to work on OS X except some models (8800, 8600). It seems that most of them will work in near future.

6- This dvd may not include all the necessary drivers required by your setup. Additional steps may be needed to be taken by the user to setup and use such components.

Unsuccessful Installation and Related Symptoms:

1- I get a blinking Cursor after Installation:

--> Your partition that OSX is instaled is not active and containing no Boot Flag.

~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition.

--> Your partition table type should be other than MBR (Apple type or guid)

~ Use Gparted Live cd for partitioning and set disk type to msdos or choose MBR type when partitioning with diskutil.

--> You might be using some Jmicron or such controller that is not supported.

~ Try using other controllers.

2- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" after installation.

--> Your partition that OSX is instaled is not active and containing no Boot Flag.

~ Use Gparted Live cd and by using harddrive manager set "Boot Flag" to the OSX partition.

--> You might be using some Jmicron or such controller that is not supported.

~ Try using other controllers.

3- I get the error "com.apple.Boot.plist is not found" while booting the DVD

--> You are probably trying to boot from damn jmicron ide.

~ You should use usb dvd rom drive, or need sata-ide convertor for your dvd rom drive. (See Known Issues #2)

For additional Help and instructions, here is the website.

www.uphuck.com

Good luck, if you enjoy your Mac OS X86 Leopard System, buy a real Mac :(

Brought to you by OSX86.Türk team

I installed it successfully to a partition on my primary drive (along w/VISTA which was laredy there). I did not try EFI.

So, the desktop came up - but did not recognize my 8800 (even though i selected it during install), and I have no sound. Also, my Quad-core is appearig as a 2.4 GHz Unknown.

Reboots over and over for me as well.  

I have an Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard w/ nForce 680i chipset, C2D E6300.

I might try Kalyway and see how it works, but I'm hoping there will be a fix or something for iATKOS because I really appreciate all the work that uphuck put(s) into it.

This appears to be a translation error in the Release Notes:

1- I get a blinking Cursor after Installation:

--> Your partition table type should be other than MBR (Apple type or guid)

I think the authors actually intended to say that the Partition Table (Scheme) should be Master Boot Record (MBR) type.

Sander - could be that your partition isn't set as active to boot from doing this could solve the problem.

I seem to be having the same problem (and I am trying to use the EFI booting option).

Doesn't Apple's Disk Utility automatically do this?

Shouldn't EFI require a GUID partition table (not MBR)? EDIT: Perhaps not.