New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

ok so i have my dual boot issues resolved, now when i try and bot ToH leopard this is the error screen

help very much appreciated!!

you need to delete your geforce.kext and nvdaresman (5.1.6)

the easiest way to do so I think is using a program called macdrive. you can get a 3 day free trial on their site or the full thing in the usual places.

then boot in -s -legacy and everything will work fine if not try booting using cpus=1

I had the same exact problem as you and when I deleted those 2 files it booted fine but ithout keyboard and mouse support so I'm currently working on that.

mad problem on my end ;) . I just sent this to zephyroth but i need help now...

"hi zephyroth. i downloaded ur dvd and installed everything flashed the drive so that its the mac os extended (journaled) and everything. got everything installed and then when i boot wit the cd out of the drive it hangs. my comp specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Mobile Technology TK-53

1.7 GHz, 256 KB x 2 L2 Cache

Memory: 1024 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100

HardDrive: 160 GB

I have gotten this computer just 3 months ago and i can't do anything until i get this to work. if you have aim please contact me Rockstaraholic88 anytime throughout the day."

please contact me over aim if willing to sit and help me. i'm a person who is focused and follows directions. I need this done. its almost like an add thing for me. Please contact me as soon as possible i will be up it is now almost 11:30 pacific standard time so i will be up until 2 at the latest unless someone starts helping me prior.

Thank you very much

ok, you've got dual booting working, I used a different approach to sorting out the Geforce caused kernel panic. Specs as lven but 939.

I got an installer called NVinject.zip from the downloads page of http://macdotnub.info/ and put it on my Vista partition.

I booted my Leopard installation with -x, to put in safe mode and avoid the kernel panic. It took around 15minutes at least for it to get to the login screen ie I do mean forever. From Leo desktop i used Finder to pic NVinject.zip from Vista partition, and double-click to unzip and run the installer. Reboot and voila, hopefully.

If you don't come out of the reboot in normal mode with qe/ci (nvidia hardware) enabled, feel free to pm me.

mad problem on my end ;) . I just sent this to zephyroth but i need help now...

"hi zephyroth. i downloaded ur dvd and installed everything flashed the drive so that its the mac os extended (journaled) and everything. got everything installed and then when i boot wit the cd out of the drive it hangs. my comp specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Mobile Technology TK-53

1.7 GHz, 256 KB x 2 L2 Cache

Memory: 1024 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100

HardDrive: 160 GB

I have gotten this computer just 3 months ago and i can't do anything until i get this to work. if you have aim please contact me Rockstaraholic88 anytime throughout the day."

please contact me over aim if willing to sit and help me. i'm a person who is focused and follows directions. I need this done. its almost like an add thing for me. Please contact me as soon as possible i will be up it is now almost 11:30 pacific standard time so i will be up until 2 at the latest unless someone starts helping me prior.

Thank you very much

Dude, are you mad? how about reading some forms before you start asking quastions directly.. do you think that you are the only one spamming him?

First fo all explain your problem. it hangs... -> what errors do you get??? screenshot maybe?

do some work yourself before you ask for any help

I'm working on support for rt2500 rt73 wireless ...

No new drivers, I just want to add dev-id and ven-id to Info.plist I already do this for my Hercules HWGUSB2-54-V2 so if you have an usb dongle, give it to me I will add it.

True Duel

Did you just read the forum ? We answered your question more than one time ...

i haven't looked through all 38 pages. i have been cruising the forums though. its easier with one on one assistance because its hard to process sometimes. i looked at moofspeak.net like u suggested.the problem is i need an nforce kext

Hello guys,

I'm no noob about computers Linux...etc and after reading all this thread i couldn't find any issue like mine, that's why i've decided to post it here and i hope you could help me.

In this thread i've learned about the problems installing Leopard in AMD, so i tried to Install MacOSX by using all the terminal options(-v -s -f....etc) at the DVD boot, because if i let it go without any options the error is the same, i couldn't manage to get it to even boot to the terminal, it can't even start installing, can't even start the DVD interface, it loads lots of kexts when starting the DVD and suddenly stops with Kernel Panic, and the message is:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x004304FF): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\ ".\n"@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1376"

And after all those memory adresses there comes:

"BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown:"

"Mac OS version:

Not Yet set"

That's really Annoying

My Specs are:

Athlon 64 X2 4400+

2GB RAM

Geforce go 7800GTX 256MB

2 SATA Hard Drives(80Gb and 160Gb)

Thank you all in Advance

Hello from Russia :D . I've installed Leo 10.5.1.

But can start it only in -x mode. While booting without -x I get in the end "Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0 made by ToH bla bla bla" and nothing happen... :thumbsdown_anim:

My specs:

ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe (nForce590)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

GeForce 8600GT Sonic+ (Palit)

2Gb DDR2 PC7200

SATA HDD for Vista, IDE HDD for OSX (working dual boot)

8600GT is guilty?

Hello from Russia :D . I've installed Leo 10.5.1.

But can start it only in -x mode. While booting without -x I get in the end "Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0 made by ToH bla bla bla" and nothing happen... :thumbsdown_anim:

My specs:

ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe (nForce590)

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+

GeForce 8600GT Sonic+ (Palit)

2Gb DDR2 PC7200

SATA HDD for Vista, IDE HDD for OSX (working dual boot)

8600GT is guilty?

Yes, it looks like it is the 8600GT, see here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=65849

Guest Snowski

I have compared the Forcedeth kext in Leo and Tiger (10.4.10) and this is my conclusion.

In Leo the kext is called forcedeth-d and not Forcedeth.

Inside the kexts the MacOS folder holds 2 files (forcedeth and forcedeth-d) in Leo and only 1 in Tiger (Forcedeth)

Any ideas on this Zephyroth cause I would like to use both of my cores since audio is my main use with MacOS.

Lets work out the most important issues first.

Thx in advance :thumbsdown_anim:

As I have already said I tested all differents kexts you could find on the net ... Always the same problem it freezes regularly.

The fact is that we must use cpus=1 in order to make it work.

So this issue must be related with the way the driver uses multi-threading ... I'm waiting for new driver that's the only thing I can do.

I'm not skilled enough to modify the driver.

Did you try to remove one of the two kexts inside MacOS ?

Guest Snowski

Hi Zeph,

Sorry if I come across like a nag :rolleyes:

With all these reply's it's hard to keep track.

I have just tried with the Tiger 10.4.10 forcedeth kext (with and without the leo forcedeth-d) but no luck.

Back to cpus=1

I haven't tried my audio but it sure made a difference going from single to dual in Tiger so it's a pitty.

Also MacDaddy seems to run his 2 cores without any freezes so that confuses me even more m8.

I think Dad has the solution right there on hios HD ^_^

Cmon give it up, tit!

Update: No I haven't tried to remove either of them but thing is, I compared the plist and such from Leo and Tiger forcedeth and they are both exactly the same so it must already be a Tiger kext right?

I don't think its actualy forcedeth related m8.

What's your motherboard ?

It's the Clevo D900k Laptop AKA Sager NP9750,

The Bus Type is VIA V-Link

The Bus Properties is AMD HAMMER

The northbridge is VIA K8T890(AMD HAMMER IMC) and the southbridge is VIA VT8237

Here's some data about the ACPI

OEM ACPI -> CLEVO

OEM TABEL ID -> PTLTW

CREATOR ID -> PTL_

Thank You in Advance Zphyroth

@Snowski.

I also tried all the possible forcedeth kext available.. the most stable one ( with both cores ) is the forecedeth-nockd.kext with pachted ID. with this one you can still "cruise" the net but as soon as you start downloading it will freeze :(.

so it's just like zephyroth sais.. we have to wait for a new driver...

@zephyroth any progress on the new install (V2)?

other small question.. does anyone know a "repository" for mac kext file? i'm looking for a VIA* kext file..

thx

just wanted to say thanks for a great release. installed fairly easily, just needed to do some post install first aid for my gfx card and keyboard/mouse, everything else worked great right away, and now almost everything works.

i have full CI/QE, res, all HDs (2xSata, 1xATA, 1xExternal USB) and all that goodness. only issue i'm having is that i also needed the cpus=1 flag to prevent random crashes (Athlon64 X2 4200+, MSI Neo-4F) and was wondering if there was somewhere to get info (or be told) what issue the dual core AMDs are having. i'm not new to hackintoshes in general, but my knowledge of the gears and bolts is pretty limited. also i was wondering what the purpose and necessity of the -legacy flag in the boot.plist

thanks for indulging my curiosity and, again, thanks for the great (and fun) work!

What kind of post install did you do to solve the keyboard/mouse problem?

Hello, sorry for the English but I am Italian :D

I have a problem with Leo.

I have deleted the GeForce and NVRAD..kext but the keyboard and mouse are locked during the identification of the keyboard

How can I fix this problem? :(

Guest Snowski

Hmm, I thaught I only had the net freeze problem but now it seems iphoto crashes too.

Thank go I kept my Tiger install aside (along with a complete backup)

Concerning my PS/2 problem, do you think there is a way to copy the appropriate kext from the DVD to the Extensions folder using the Terminal from the DVD setup since I don't have an USB keyboard or Tiger installed?

Anyone? After reading everything I realize the keyboard kext is not copied directly to the installation, so is it a command on Terminal that allows to do this?

Well, after making work this thing, I've started testing software.

Photoshop CS3 Crashes. You need a specific AppleSMBios extension to bypass the crash.

iCal crashes. Needs to run with Rosetta (slow as hell).

Parallels workstation needs an INTEL CPU???, Doh!!.

VirtualBox crashes. Is there any way for running Windows under OSX?.

At least iTunes and QuickTime works. You can add Perion and Flip4Mac in order to get MP4 support.

OK, Leopard installs and apparently works with my AMD Proc, but Software is another story... :(

This is not really a complain, just take it as an advice...

I've downloaded an ISO file, named 'Leopard-AMD-10.5.1.iso'

But I can't get to the installer. Some times it shows a grey background with a spinning cursor (colored one), other times it shows the Leopard Universe background with a spinning cursor, but it never shows the installer. I can only see the background in VMWare, when I'm booting native on my laptop, it don't move on.

I've tried F8, and wrote: '-legacy' (works "best"), '-x', '-s', '-v' Please help me, thank you :(

Specs:

HP Pavilion dv9045ea (euro)

AMD Turion X2 TL-52

1 GB DDR2 RAM

Nvidida Geforce Go 7600 with 256 MB dedicated RAM

160 GB SATA hardrive (2x80GB)