New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

I have dealt with this for a couple days. I havent had any crashes or anything as of yet running cs3, office08 and ilife08.

The keyboard and mouse thing...let me share my experience.

My non usb keyboardand mouse do not work if I just start the machine. I have to use my usb ones.

However, If I plug something in a usb port (flash drive,wireless key) and then press spacebar during a couple times when it shows errors during boot, my native(laptop) keyboard and mouse work. I could not tell you why or how. I just know that those are the steps I have to take to get mine to work. some of you out there should try it. You may not need to use the spacebar. If I dont press the spacebar right at boot itll say it cant find any of the config files and not load. The steps I take:

Plug in wirelsss usb

power on

press spacebar

press enter at o/s selection screen

press spacebar at two errors during boot

then it boots up, and everything works great!

Hope this helps someone, and if anyoen knows why it does that let me know.

Guest Snowski

so I just tried launching iPhoto (updated) from the leopard install in my Tubgirl 10.4.10 install and it works. I'm gonna try Marvins Utility and see if it can fix something for me.

Can please help me anybody? :unsure:

That's my problem: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=529400

And now I also have tested the NVinject installer without success.

The failure is surely very simple but I can't fix it through myself. I need your help! :(

What Device ID and Vendor ID are you using? if they are correct try to patch the NVDANV40Hal.kext with you ID, remove all the others. Then delete all other VNDANV (10,20,30,50). clear the cache and reboot

use -f on boot to make sure the kext are reloaded

please help. i have the following gateway computer and the specs below. I have installed mac os x leopard on my amd. install completes but will not boot. i tried legacy i tried verbose and i tried safe mode. i also tried booting from the dvd with no luck.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834101085

So i'm trying this for the first time, I've burned it to a dvd and tryed to install. My problem is it gets stuck on "waiting for root device". I've looked around and made sure i was using my hdd as a master and not a slave, as well its also a sata connection, heres my specs.

Asus A8v-XE

AMD 3800+

8800 GTS 320mb

1 gig ddr ram

If you need more just ask.

So i'm trying this for the first time, I've burned it to a dvd and tryed to install. My problem is it gets stuck on "waiting for root device". I've looked around and made sure i was using my hdd as a master and not a slave, as well its also a sata connection, heres my specs.

Asus A8v-XE

AMD 3800+

8800 GTS 320mb

1 gig ddr ram

If you need more just ask.

my SATA drive does get detected, but as a read only drive. it's probably a motherboard problem. check for drivers for your Asus.