New AMD DVD for leopard

max33

2,431 posts in this topic

I am fully prepared and ready to be flamed for this:

I had 10.4.8 and 10.4.10 on my machine and worked great.

This version is coming up with the panic on the geforce drivers or whatever. I see over and over again it says to disable them, but I cant seem to figure out how to correctly, can someone help? I have read through this thread and havent seemed to be able to locate it correctly. Can someone please help me with this? Sorry for the newb question..but this should be the place to ask it right?

Basically, you must delete GeForce.kext and NVDAResman.kext extensions. Somewhere you can find a extensions pack called leo_vid_kexts or something. Copy the included extensions and set correct permissions (chown/chmod).

Basically, you must delete GeForce.kext and NVDAResman.kext extensions. Somewhere you can find a extensions pack called leo_vid_kexts or something. Copy the included extensions and set correct permissions (chown/chmod).

So I should go into terminal and type

sudo rm /System/Library/Geforce.kext

Or something? I need kind of specific instructions. Thanks!

So I should go into terminal and type

sudo rm /System/Library/Geforce.kext

Or something? I need kind of specific instructions. Thanks!

1) reboot with -s

2) mount -uw /

3) cd /System/Librabry/Extentions

4) rm -Rf Ge*.kext || rm -Rf NV*.kext

5) reboot (you will get vesa mode)

6) copy files from leo_..... (see post above)

On-forcedeth-topic: tried all the possible combinations for forcedeth*/nockd/-d.. non of which seem to solve the issue.. the only thing that works is cpus=1 :2cents: .. (also took a look at the IONetworkFam but no luck there either.)

Still, does anyone know how to fix my Geforce 7900GT issue?

I get:

GeForce 7900 GT/GTO:

Chipset Model: GeForce 7900 GT/GTO

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0291

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

DELL 2405FPW:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

I've tried the NVinject 1.5 (Leo edition), the Natit... but no luck. i get the full resolution but no QE/Ci

1) reboot with -s

2) mount -uw /

3) cd /System/Librabry/Extentions

4) rm -Rf Ge*.kext || rm -Rf NV*.kext

5) reboot (you will get vesa mode)

6) copy files from leo_..... (see post above)

On-forcedeth-topic: tried all the possible combinations for forcedeth*/nockd/-d.. non of which seem to solve the issue.. the only thing that works is cpus=1 :) .. (also took a look at the IONetworkFam but no luck there either.)

Still, does anyone know how to fix my Geforce 7900GT issue?

Thanks! got that taken care of.

But when I go to delete the old kexts it tells me its read only so it doesnt let me delete them.

EDIT:Got it working. Only had to delete the geforce drivers. Even my laptop keyboard and mouse work. And an easy install and my wireless works!!!

Thanks so much for this build!

Hey Skyper,

and anyone out there with a partiton on the same drive as Leopard, that contains anything that matters to you, BACK IT UP! Sh*t can happen.

I was having a good time yesterday cleaning up my Leopard install, trying out Joost tv, and then got into patching a few more cpuids from my Tiger install and oops 'freeze'!!

Reboot to OSX, oops "Chain booting error" msg. Boot from DVD, no three partitions visible on my Mac drive any more. Now i see there is plenty of advise around for recovering from this situation. I'm assuming it doesn't apply though after accepting Vista's helpful offer to put a mbr back on the drive. lol

Fortunately in my case there was nothing on the drive that mattered.

Bonkey,

The only one that works for me is forcedeth-nockd. Copy it to /System/Library/Extensions.

sudo -s (set admin pwd).

cd forcedeth-nockd.kext

cd Contents

sudo nano Info.plist. Change Debug tag from true to false (we don't want a bunch of debug info). Append your Device ID (mine is 0x03EF10DE) to the end of IOPCIPrimaryMatch tag. Save.

chown -Rf root:wheel forcedeth-nockd.kext

chmod -Rf 755 forcedeth-nockd.kext

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

reboot (do it manually if it doesn't work)

Ok, now the tricky part. It could sound a bit weird, but trust me, it works. Power off and unplug from electric power your PC. Wait 30 seconds with the PC unplugged from power. If you don't do this, the driver will get an incorrect mac address ("the reverse MacAddress problem").

Now plug cables again, restart the PC and boot into leopard. Wait some seconds to have the modem/router ready and working.

Go to preferences -> Network. You should have the Ethernet link state in green color, ready to work!.

Im in the dvd terminal and I am following this guide http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...php/t68973.html and i have got this far but i have a problem, this is exactly what the terminal says

-bash-3.2 cd /volumes/Untitled

-bash-3.2 startupfiletool -v /dev/rdisk0s3 boot

-bash: startupfiletool: command not found

whats going wrong? btw Untitled is the name of my usb stick and it has the startupfiletool in that directory

after installing Leo, on boot get error:

"HFS+ partition error"

some idea?

need your help

This means that you have multiple partitions on the drive you installed the OSX on and that the OSX partition is not the bootable one. Look for the post (in this topic) on how to set the OSC partition as bootable.

decilling

It is "./startupfiletool" not "startupfiletool".

And it is "./boot" not "boot".

:)

thank you! im going to reinstall and try again. wish me luck

well it worked this time and i did a fresh install too, but now all i get is b0 error just after the mobo splash screen at the point where it should start to boot up. i swear god just likes to {censored} on me ;)

any ideas?

b0 error means that the partition on which you installed Leopard is not bootable.

So, you must boot on the dvd, type -s at boot prompt and type

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX (the disk on which you installed leo)

f X (the partition on which you installed Leo)

w (answer yes if it's asked)

q

and reboot

Guest Snowski

Hi Zeph,

Seems I got the crash more often now that I have installed to my SATA drive so I just boot with the cpus=1 flag.

Is there any fix for this in the near future since we only use 1 core now?

No worries though, thx to you I have a fully working restart ;)

Before with Tubgirls 10.4.10 or JAS 10.4.8 I could not restart properly, only screen went black and PC kept running. Now with your install all works so thank you for that bro.

I'm also running without the -legacy thanks to Macdaddy's post on the new mach_kernel (althouhg it seems the same as Zephs) and SMBIOS. What was the -legacy for again?

Oh and for those usng EasyBCD for Vista bootloader editing and getting a HSF+ error after Leopard install just go into Vista or XP and rewrite the MBR, then it will use the proper bootloader like before ;)

So Thx again Zeph and hoping for a solution on the forcedeth and good luck to all who are trying to get it to work.

I Installed it on a 20 gb HD IDE primary master. It ´s working except for the NIC and the sound.

I must use -x to start it, other way it hangs

I installed another NIC a RTL8139 but there is a problem with the settings of my ISP or the card cause is not working.

The instalation was easy.

Thanks Zephyroth!

edit:

Hardware Information

--------------------

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2000 MHz

Bus Speed : 200 MHz

Motherboard : ASUSTeK M2N4-SLI

System : System System Product Name

BIOS : Phoenix ASUS M2N4-SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0301

Memory : 1024 MB (6ns)

Sound : SB Audigy 4 [bC00]

Video : MSI NX7600 GS (NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS)

b0 error means that the partition on which you installed Leopard is not bootable.

So, you must boot on the dvd, type -s at boot prompt and type

fdisk -e /dev/rdiskX (the disk on which you installed leo)

f X (the partition on which you installed Leo)

w (answer yes if it's asked)

q

and reboot

ok, for some reason it says its on rdisk0s3 which is strange because i would expect 0s1

i type this in the terminal

diskutil list

then it comes up with my my hard drive /dev/disk0 and i can see my leo install there (0s3)

i then type this

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

p

and i get 4 lines of 0's and at the far right unused on all of them ??? what the hell is wrong ;)

I also tried doing these commands

bless --mount /Volumes/leo --setBoot --verbose or bless --device /dev/disk0s3 --setBoot --verbose

and rebooting but it still comes up, thank you for helping me ;) I hope i can get this sorted

I Installed it on a 20 gb HD IDE primary master. It ´s working except for the NIC and the sound.

I must use -x to start it, other way it hangs

I installed another NIC a RTL8139 but there is a problem with the settings of my ISP or the card cause is not working.

The instalation was easy.

Thanks Zephyroth!

edit:

Hardware Information

--------------------

CPU : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2000 MHz

Bus Speed : 200 MHz

Motherboard : ASUSTeK M2N4-SLI

System : System System Product Name

BIOS : Phoenix ASUS M2N4-SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0301

Memory : 1024 MB (6ns)

Sound : SB Audigy 4 [bC00]

Video : MSI NX7600 GS (NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS)

i also have the rtl8139 - to get it to work go to network settings in the system preferences

you should see it in the device lists - select it and underneath there is an icon that looks similiar to a gear - click that icon and choose to activate the device - if it doesn't automatically find an ip address you may have to manually set one

hope that helps

yay! I just reinstalled again and its working :D but now i have this problem; there is no keyboard connected to your computer please connect your keyboard

so what should i do? It was working on tiger :/ the keyboard is not a usb just incase that matters

i have to use my dads usb keyboard and about this mac crashes the system back to the login but apart from that YAY!

Yay! I did it :censored2: Installation went smooth :)

The only thing I had problems with is "No keyboard" error after restart.

As I read in this topic: it is related to ApplePS2controller.kext missing.

Just like in your case decilling...

All you have to do is run Leopard DVD, choose language and run Terminal.

Now, in my case HDD name is Leopard. So i typed:

cp -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2controller.kext /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

That's it... it works like a charm :)

Yay! I did it :) Installation went smooth :)

cp -rf /System/Libraries/Extensions/ApplePS2controller.kext /Volumes/Leopard/System/Libraries/Extensions/

thanks buddy! :censored2: im so thrilled with this :D

Yay! I did it :censored2: Installation went smooth :)

cp -rf /System/Libraries/Extensions/ApplePS2controller.kext /Volumes/Leopard/System/Libraries/Extensions/

Hey I'm actually having the same problem you had but when I type in what you have there changing leopard to what I named my partition it tells me that its an illegal operation? Do you know of any way to fix this? I'm hoping this will fix my mouse so I can get through the welcome screen I got my keyboard working earlier using parts of the JaS Mac 10.4

thanks for your help!

Everything works but not 1280x1024 and Quartz Extreme on my GeForce 7650 GS (PCI express). I already patched the GeForce.kext, NVDAResmann.kext and the NVDANV * with my ID, however it still doesn't work.

Any ideas? And if so, I also like to run a VNC server!

Just ask me for the IP...

... And thanks a lot!

PS: Here is my past odyssey for getting the driver run (you mustn't read it).

Hey I'm actually having the same problem you had but when I type in what you have there changing leopard to what I named my partition it tells me that its an illegal operation? Do you know of any way to fix this? I'm hoping this will fix my mouse so I can get through the welcome screen I got my keyboard working earlier using parts of the JaS Mac 10.4

Try cp -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2controller.kext /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/Extensions/

with capital R.

I can't check it right now. Will edit this post when I can.

I've finaly fixed my QE/CI for the 7900 GT :D

Now only two problems remain.. The network hick-ups and my sound..

Could anyone help me out, or point me in the right direction where i can look for a kext for my VIA Envy24 soundcard?

I found the linux driver for it but i have no idea how to rebuild it for mac.. :wacko:

Any help appreciated

I am a noob to OS86X and I am trying to install Leopard 10.5.1 with the AMD prepatched DVD. I can get the DVD to boot but it will not recognize my SATA HD.

Dell Inspiron 1501

AMD Turion 64 MK-36

ATI Radeon Express 1150

Seagate Momentus 7200.1 ST910021AS 100GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Notebook Hard Drive

If any one could help me it would be very much apreciated.