Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

Hi, everybody.

Asus F3E laptop with vanilla install (retail Leopard 10.5.6)

GMAX3100: 8086:2a02 rev 03

Gotten the GMAX3100 to work with the native Leopard 10.5.6 kext. 1.5.36 kext's.

(Sleep and Mirror Not working though)

Used the Natit.kext from slashack.

boot params: -f -v mode="1280x800x32@60"

-f boot option is a must without it it gives a white screen with black bar.

Deleted the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

And it worked.

Before this used the LeopardGraphics1 update with Natit.kext and the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (1.5.18) from slashack. (Sleep and Mirror Not working though) And deleted the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

Hope this helps.

Update(14/05/2009): not working anymore. But upgraded too 10.5.7.

Now got it working with SwitchResX app.

Hi all,

I am using HP Pavillon DV6000 with GMAx3100 in 10.5.7 right now.

I know how to fix the issue, but after fresh 10.5.7 update. I can get full QE and CI support,

I still get the thick black line ,but NOW I CAN see the black line with desktop ..there are 6 of them at the same time

(before it was the black line and blue screen.)

also, if I set the screen to 1280x960 or 12280 x768. the screen turn to 1280x960 or 1280x768

but I think I need 1280x800 because both 960 and 768 won't show the dock right.

with 1280x960, I don't see the bottom of the desktop.

with 1280x768, the bottom of the screen has 1cm hight of free space I cannot use.

so now my qestion is where I can set the screen to 1280x800?

anyone else see the same thing?

any new fix I can use to modify this error? I don't want to replace the old driver coz I think the new driver from apple maybe better.

thanks.

Hi, got my Asus F3E (retail 10.5.6) Laptop working with 10.5.7 update.

Had to use SwitchResX program to get 1280x960x32 screen.

Problem was that the display is 1280x800. :)

Used a custom display setting. Modded 1280x960 setting to 1280x800.

So now got a working display.

The odd part is that SwitchResX sometimes sees my real lcd product info(which then gives all the real screen res options):

EDID Version........1.3

Manufacturer........SEC

Product Code........17720 (4538) (3845)

Serial Number.......00000000

Descriptor #1 is Manufacturer specific data (not interpreted here)

Descriptor #2 is ASCII data: SAMSUNG

Descriptor #3 is ASCII data: LTN154XA-L01

But most of the time it sees the fake one(with hackes res options):

EDID Version........1.1

Manufacturer........@@@

Product Code........5895 (1707) (0717)

Serial Number.......00000000

But still no sleep en hibernate...... ;(

The details of my laptop are listed below. My video card is GMA X3100 Device ID:0x2a02 Rev 0x000c and I have the 1.5.36 standard X3100 drivers from an IPC 10.5.6 install. My problem is that the external monitor works fine but the laptop display is all black (but powered on). I have tried all different versions of the X3100 drivers that have been listed here in this thread but nothing works. Screen sleep trick does not work, and also the power button then 's' trick does not work. With one of the drivers, I was able to get an all blue screen on the laptop display, but then OS would not boot all the way.

I have installed SwitchResX, and made a custom settings with the info from the EDID info listed below but that also does not work. I have noticed that in SwitchRes is identifies my laptop display name as "VGA/SVGA Display", but it identifies my external monitor by its correct manufacture name. SwitchResX crashes when i boot (red X on the app icon when i start), but then i can click on the app icon in the menu bar and it seems to start ok. EDID from SwitchResX for the laptop display gives this:

EDID Version........1.2

Manufacturer........LPL

Product Code........417 (01A1) (A101)

Descriptor #0 is Timing definition:

Mode = 1440 x 900 @ 59.939Hz

Pixel Clock............. 96.21 MHz Non-Interlaced

Horizontal Vertical

Active.................. 1440 pixels 900 lines

Front Porch............. 64 pixels 1 lines

Sync Width.............. 32 pixels 3 lines

Back Porch.............. 224 pixels 8 lines

Blanking................ 320 pixels 12 lines

Total................... 1760 pixels 912 lines

Scan Rate............... 54.665 kHz 59.939 Hz

Image Size.............. 367 mm 230 mm

Border.................. 0 pixels 0 lines

Sync: Digital separate with

* Negative vertical polarity

* Negative horizontal polarity

Descriptor #1 is Unknown descriptor. ASCII interpretation follows (?)

Descriptor #2 is ASCII data: LGPhilipsLCD

Descriptor #3 is ASCII data: LP171WP4-TLN1

In system preferences > Display it shows the correct resolutions for the laptop display, but none of them work.

Toshiba P305 Intel Duo Core 2.16 GHZ 4GB RAM

IPC 10.5.6 Final 9.4.0 StageXNU Universal Kernel / Seatbelt 10.5.5 fix /Shutdown restart fix / PS/2 keyboard fix

LAN: Marvell Yukon 88e8040T works with standard 10.5.7 drivers

sound: Conexant High Def SmartAudio 221 works using VoodooHDA

wifi: Intel Pro 3945ABG (not working)

video: IntelGMA X3100 10.5.6 original drivers (only external monitor works)

webcam: Chicony 2.0 USB works with CAMTWIST driver

harddisk: dual 320GB

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme:Supported

Built-In: Yes

SDM-P232W:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme Supported

Rotation: Supported

I am using these original drivers from the IPC 10.5.6 install

AppleIntelGMAX3100 1.5.36

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB 1.5.36

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle

AppleIntellIntegratedFramebuffer.kext (no changed if I remove it)

Hy to all, I have a samsung q45 with a intel x3100 2a02 0003 (rev 03) I use the original kext of 10.5.7, full resolution with qe ci enabled but no external vga, no brightness controll!!!

Is possible to have brightness control? I have tried all the kext in this tread, no working..I have a iatkos 10.5.7

Ok, this is what it worked for me:

It's from vaag post, but the forum says it's broken original vaag post, so i used google cache.

\begin{vaag post}

After a lot of fiddeling around with different kexts and EFI strings, I finally found a solution for my non-working laptop LCD screen: using an alternative DSDT ("bios override"). Based on the great work by mackerintel and fassl!

Chameleon with DSDT override

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132757

DSDT Patcher, a tool to fix your DSDT

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683

Howto?

1. Install OSX 10.5.4 (haven't tested this with other versions then iAtkos)

2. Remove default display & framebuffer kexts and install A.J.Allen's kexts ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=956250 )

3. Connect external monitor and reboot

4. Upon reboot your LCD display will remain black (non-working) and your external monitor will work in full res with QE and CI.

5. Install the latest chameleon ( hxxp://chameleon.osx86.hu/ ) per the instructions in the tar.gz file (1.0.11)

6. Replace /boot with the DSDT override boot (rename chameleon to boot) from mackerintel ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132757 ).

7. Reboot your "mac" - you should see the new DSDT Chameleon booter with build date 2008-10-25 23:02:35

8. Everything still working? Ok!

DSDT

9. Grab the DSDT patcher by fassl ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683 ). Version 1.0.1d by the time of writing.

10. Doubleclick the DSDT Patcher file.

11. Open the dsdt_fixed.txt file in the debug folder.

12a. Find all lines containing AGP. Remove them (4)

12b. Remove the entire Device (AGP) declaration (around 214 lines)

12c. Remove the Scope(\_SB.PCI0.AGP) declaration (around 33 lines)

12d. Remove the vid2 declaration (a few lines)

12e. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(TV) dec (24)

12f. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(CRT) dec (24)

12g. Under Device(VID) remove the Device(DVI) dec (24)

13. Compile the new DSDT file using ../Tools/iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt

14. Copy the new DSDT file to the filesystem root using sudo cp dsdt.aml /

15. Reboot & enjoy!

Working:

- LCD display

- Resolution switching

- Some Fn-keys (brightness!)

Not (yet) working:

- sleep (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Not tested:

- Reliability...

This is just a first try and perhaps a little hacky, but hey - it's working! I used a Dell D530 but, as fassl suggested, this solution should also work on VAIO's and other laptops. Please try and report your findings in the comments.

\end{vaag post}

this worked as a charm on my d630.!!!

had to do sleep trick but now it's solved.

installed d630 from ipc 10.5.6.

now let's i need to upgrade to 10.5.7:)

This finally worked for me after months of no QE/CI!!! Thanks for the Files and hard work all!! System is a Sony FZ140E laptop. :(

Hi

I have exactly your laptop, sony vaio fz140e, and I am getting crazy. Can you please give me your GMAX3100 kexts? Which OSX are you running? Iaktop, Ideneb, etc.? What did you select during the setup?

Thanks

I'm also successfully (well partially at least) running 10.5.2 on my Sony Vaio fz140e. Everything works with the exception of wireless and being able to upgrade past 5.2. Been running strong for ~6months now.

I was able to get my lenovo r61 to work with mostly retail x3100 kexts.

I dont know if this has already been said but i will post it just in case.

STicmac told me to update to 10.5.7 remove the intelappleGMAx3100FB.kext and install patched version.

He then gave me a efi string to use, but for some reason it did not work for me so i used natit.kext and i was able to get everything working on laptop display.

Hey everyone,

Maybe someone has run accross this problem.

I've updated to 10.5.7 from iPC 10.5.6. After boot, I see my desktop for about 10 seconds. Then the screen goes black. Mouse movement birings the screen back but with a green tint. I can see and do everything still but this green tint is driving me crazy. I'm using x3100fb version 1.5.24 because 1.5.18 doesn't give me full resolution of 1920x1200. No other versions work as I either get a black ro blue screen.

I took a screenshot hoping to show the green tint. But it came out just fine without the tint when viewing on my XP install.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Dryland

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a Sony Laptop that has x3100 on it. The new iATKOS v7 dvd works without even choosing any drivers from intel. However, when I booted up, I could change resolutions but not my optimal resolution. My optimal resolution is 1280x800. I had to use SwitchResX to make it work. Just like most people here.

Is there a way of "NOT" using SwitchResX? I'm not being Obsessive Compulsive here but I was just wondering if there is a fix for this. I'm not against using SwitchResX because it is really an awesome program.

If there is not, then it's fine with me :) Just wondering.

THank you!

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with an Intel 965 chipset & x3100 media accelerator

For months now, I've been stuck @ 1024x768; however, my optimal resolution is 1280x800

I've tried just about everything:

• Replacing the drivers (this causes blue to black screen)

• Sleep trick (hotspot doesn't work and pressing power + s doesn't work)

• Sleep trick workaround (doesn't seem like it's even trying to read /DSDT.aml)

• Removing the drivers (this puts me @ 1024x768 only)

• Use SwitchResX (the only resolution that displays for "Active" is the default 1024x768. i've tried selecting a common and creating a custom)

• Manually set graphics mode (this one is just silly)

None of these methods have any affect. Can someone please help??

I noticed that SwitchResX works for most. Has anyone tried this with my kind of laptop?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with an Intel 965 chipset & x3100 media accelerator

For months now, I've been stuck @ 1024x768; however, my optimal resolution is 1280x800

I've tried just about everything:

• Replacing the drivers (this causes blue to black screen)

• Sleep trick (hotspot doesn't work and pressing power + s doesn't work)

• Sleep trick workaround (doesn't seem like it's even trying to read /DSDT.aml)

• Removing the drivers (this puts me @ 1024x768 only)

• Use SwitchResX (the only resolution that displays for "Active" is the default 1024x768. i've tried selecting a common and creating a custom)

• Manually set graphics mode (this one is just silly)

None of these methods have any affect. Can someone please help??

I noticed that SwitchResX works for most. Has anyone tried this with my kind of laptop?

try www.macyourpc.com

its a website dedicated to your specific laptop...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

I have an ACER Extensa 5220-301G16 with a M560 Chipset and a X3100 Graphics Card. I tried a lot but didn't get the card working. Finally I tried iDeneb V1.4 (10.5.6) and just didn't check any driver. Now the card is fully supported with QE. External monitors are working too without any problems. Same method also worked with iPC version 10.5.6 but I prefer iDeneb :wallbash:

I hope this works for you guys too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have exactly your laptop, sony vaio fz140e, and I am getting crazy. Can you please give me your GMAX3100 kexts? Which OSX are you running? Iaktop, Ideneb, etc.? What did you select during the setup?

Thanks

I also have FZ140E and can't get graphics card to work. How did you guys manage to do that?

• 2 weeks later...

I Got it working on mine perfectly i used paulicat's natit kext (thanks) this is what i did you're approach may be different

then begins

1, If you must delete all the gma 950 kexts (probably cause that's what you installed to get it working anyway)

2, backup you're previous Natit Kext and the use Kext Helper to install the new one

3, now i used a retail os x 10.5.6 iMac Disc You may not have those things and may need to download them not sure where from. So i opened the install disc in Pacifist and obtained all the kexts containing the key "X3100" and extracted them to my desktop

4,install the X3100 Kexts and DO NOT restart go to "/System/Library/Extensions/" and

delete "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" this is a must or you're not gonna get to that logon screen

ok now you may restart

once you get up to you're boot loader put in the command "-f -v"

from my experience the graphics mode command does not work

Have fun

Has Anyone even attempt it gateway pc yet?

Update: I have a Gateway All-In-One With a X3100 on a GMA 950 Motherboard, I'm kinda scared because my PC has no RBG out since it's an all in one.

I have almost No experience with Mac's (actually none).

So I came here for help.

Sleep_at_login.zip

I have iAtkos v1.0i r2 installed on my hp dv6000t intel and everything works fine but wireless and vga Nvidia X3100. Can anyone help me get it worked. Please.

Hello all! I have a friend who has made a solution. He fixed my laptop such that it has full qe/ci and allows you to use the login screen. It is a form of the sleep display method in which sleep display is run about 10 seconds after login window loads. It works great for me. He even compiled it into a package! I have the seperate parts available if you want those also. For this method I used standard vanilla intelgmax3100 kexts.

Basically here is what you need to do,

At the efi menu press a button then enter -s. Login then enter this code.

mkdir /backup/

cd /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext /backup/

cp -R AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext /backup/

cp -R AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /backup/

rm -Rf AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

rm -Rf AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

rm -Rf AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Turn off your computer and reboot. Your computer should load into OS X. Open up the package I uploaded and install it. Next you will need to open up kexthelper and reinstall the original kexts from the folder backup.

drag the kexts in /backup/ to kext helper and install them. Reboot and cross your fingers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new and this is my first post on this forum. But let's get to my problem.

I'm trying to run iDeneb 10.5.8 (after combo update from 10.5.7; Vanilla kernel) on Toshiba A300-149 and it pretty works... but... The problem is Intel X3100 graphics. I reat whole thread, and many other information in Internet. I also tried many drivers like the ones from Leopard Graphics Update or the ones that many people recomend (10.5.5 one, can't remember the username now) and many other. Just one pack let me set 1280x800 resolution (the filename was like 9f3(something here).pkg , but I just can't make QE/CI work. When I changed drivers some made me use sleep trick, some made iDeneb bluescreen only and some prevented iDeneb from booting.

I tried namy things (changing drivers, adding/removing files like Natit.kext or the framebuffer one, etc.), but I'm just tired of this and I need help. What can I do to make my X3100 work with QE/CI, without sleep trick?

my laptop is Toshiba A300-149

Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 1.83GHz

2GB RAM

Intel PRO/Wieless 3945ABG (not working)

Marvel Yukon ethernet (working)

Chipset Intel 82801 ICH8 (installed ICHx patch)

Intel GMA X3100 (0x2a02)

Help me someone, I can't figure it out by myself. If you need any additional info, feel free to ask.

Hello!

I have an Intel GM 965 graphics card Graphics and I can not choose this resolution - 1280x800 ...

My current resolution is 1280x768 and I like it because the dock looks bad

Please Look this Pictures!

50689275.png

and

22936146.png

Please help me!!