Leopard Laptops with NON-working GMA X3100

errandwolfe

846 posts in this topic

SUCCESSS!!!

The Attached File is Compressed

If Your Device ID Differs From This one Simply Edit It to Match i Guess

Also, you MUST (Unless Your Works Without it) Use a Corner of Your Screen to "Sleep Display"

THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE REBOOTING TO ENABLE KEXTS!!!

Dont Forget To Repair Permissions!!

If This Doesnt Work The First Time, then Install the Graphics Update First and then

Install The 2 Files (Natit.kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext ) from simcolor and THEN!! restart

[EDIT]:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files

found on this post or in a previous post from simcolor with kext helper and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart

use -f to force reload files.

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner

you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

[/EDIT]

Natit.kext - From simcolor ( Kext v? )

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext - From simcolor ( Kext 1.5.18)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

This Works On My Dell Inspiron 1420 With

Intel GMA X3100

Device ID: 0x2A02

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Revision ID: 0x000c

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[EDIT]: I AM NOT CLAIMING TO HAVE FOUND THE "SLEEP WAKE TRICK"

Only a way to get it working on some Dells that dont have it working fully

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

This Still Works With 10.5.3

[/EDIT]

This totally worked for me.. I have a dell D630 with the 1440x900 screen using iAtkos 2.0 with vanilla kernel. Ive been going back and forth with this issue for some time now, im glad its working now

im not really sure why it has to be put to sleep but if it gets it working for me il do it :D

There is This Program Sleep Display u can set it to auto start from the accounts menu

I tried the programme but it said that it only works with Tiger. When I tried it with Leopard it gave me an error message and never loaded.

J.Allen, thanx for the files, finally works *very big sigh of relieve*. but there seems to be a new problem. Somewhat similar to Sticman's post, my menubar did change (not stuck), but the menu items (all, including dock) are unreadable. It menus are all blank!!! Same goes for the stacks on the dock, the icons will show only as a spot of shadow with no icon (only icons in stacks affected)

One more thing, the apple orb on the menubar appears black all the time :D

I've tried cpus=1 and also removed appleintegratedframebuffer with same result

I'd very much like to show you some screenshots, unfortunately after i started grab, i can't read the menu items to sceencap ;)

UPDATE: All problems solved. Updated to 10.5.2 and also graphics update 1.0 (have to redo above patch all over again after update). Now i can enjoy 1440 x 900 woo hoo

I am bringing my issue over here since this thread is specific to the x3100. Coming from:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0&start=160

and:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=106561&hl=

Over a month now trying to get this working ;) (I spent the first few weeks reading, now I am asking the pros)

Hardware is in the sig, and heres the specific video card info:

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

I installed iAtkos 1.0ir2, and I have installed the kalyway 10.5.2 combo update. I cannot get the graphics drivers working. here is my latest attempts

I first tried proosje's method:

Remove all the AppleIntelGMA* files from extensions, also remove Natit and NVDA files.

Get the graphics update from Apple and install this.

After installing again remove the AppleIntelGMA950 files but leave the X3100 files.

No need for Natit or anthing else.

Rebooted to a blue then black screen.

Next, I reinstalled the graphics update, and tried aj.allens method again

Rebooted to a blue then black screen.

So, I hooked up to an external monitor...

Rebooted to a blue then black screen. External monitor came on with just a blue screen, not even a cursor.

Installed gimmeRed's kexts (he emailed me a working set) using kext helper and then repairing permissions.

Rebooted to a blue then black screen. External monitor came on with just a blue screen, not even a cursor.

Removed the AppleIntelFramebuffer.kext and 950 kexts.

during all black screens, I tried to sleep and wake with the hotcorner I setup. It had no effect at all on the internal monitor or external monitor. If I remove the 3100 kexts and boot, OS X loads fine into 1024x768, no QE/CI. I have verified the hotcorner is working when booted like this. The iAtkos 1.0i (r1) DVD boots up at FULL resolution, but after install, I can only get in with a safe boot (which is still full resolution!). A normal boot goes to a black screen (like safe boot), but the 11-20 trick doesn't work (unlike safe boot). So, I know there are drivers that can make this go 1920x1200 as the dvd does, and safe boot does, now I need to figure out how to get them to work for a normal boot (very preferrably with QE/CI, but full resolution if nothing else)

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I am starting to wonder if I have a hardware issue.

SUCCESSS!!!

Also, you MUST (Unless Your Works Without it) Use a Corner of Your Screen to "Sleep Display"

If This Doesnt Work The First Time, then Install the Graphics Update First and then

Install The 2 Files (Natit.kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext ) from simcolor and THEN!! restart

[EDIT]:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext files

found on this post or in a previous post from simcolor with kext helper and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner

you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

[/EDIT]

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

AppleIntelGMAX3100VADriver.bundle - From Leopard Graphics Update (Kext v1.5.24+)

Intel GMA X3100

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

[/EDIT]

Now, I'm extremely confused about this. 2 Nights ago i got it to work using the above guide. thanks again btw. Well by an accident i made my comp crash wrong kext file and wahtever so i had to reinstall, now i tried twice this method shown above again, and the hot corner doesnt work like it did 2 days ago when i got it working. Ive waited and everything. nothing!!

It's so fustrating because I know I got it to work using the same sequence and everything. And Now i cant this time?

Now, I'm extremely confused about this. 2 Nights ago i got it to work using the above guide. thanks again btw. Well by an accident i made my comp crash wrong kext file and wahtever so i had to reinstall, now i tried twice this method shown above again, and the hot corner doesnt work like it did 2 days ago when i got it working. Ive waited and everything. nothing!!

It's so fustrating because I know I got it to work using the same sequence and everything. And Now i cant this time?

i an confused too,i try ,try,try and the finish i have a white and black scream.my laptop is fz140e,help me please.

during all black screens, I tried to sleep and wake with the hotcorner I setup. It had no effect at all on the internal monitor or external monitor. If I remove the 3100 kexts and boot, OS X loads fine into 1024x768, no QE/CI. I have verified the hotcorner is working when booted like this. The iAtkos 1.0i (r1) DVD boots up at FULL resolution, but after install, I can only get in with a safe boot (which is still full resolution!). A normal boot goes to a black screen (like safe boot), but the 11-20 trick doesn't work (unlike safe boot). So, I know there are drivers that can make this go 1920x1200 as the dvd does, and safe boot does, now I need to figure out how to get them to work for a normal boot (very preferrably with QE/CI, but full resolution if nothing else)

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I am starting to wonder if I have a hardware issue.

try again with iAtkos 2.0

try it this way

1) install the graphics update

2) let leopard reboot

3) restart with power button, boot with -s option

4)

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extentions/

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA*

reboot

5) use kexthelper b7 to install the files from the AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

6) repair permissions

7) make sure the sleep corner is set before restarting

8) restart and boot with -f option

9) move the mouse to the sleep corner 1 minute after screen goes blank then move it back

i an confused too,i try ,try,try and the finish i have a white and black scream.my laptop is fz140e,help me please.

refer to guide above

hope this works for you all, i just re-installed leopard 10.5.2 and used this same guide and it works fine.

im also about to re-isntall it because vista screwed up and it wont let me re-install with leopard on the disk

hope it works out for you all

try it this way

1) install the graphics update

2) let leopard reboot

3) restart with power button, boot with -s option

4)

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extentions/

rm -rf AppleIntelGMA*

reboot

5) use kexthelper b7 to install the files from the AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

6) repair permissions

7) make sure the sleep corner is set before restarting

8) restart and boot with -f option

9) move the mouse to the sleep corner 1 minute after screen goes blank then move it back

refer to guide above

hope this works for you all, i just re-installed leopard 10.5.2 and used this same guide and it works fine.

im also about to re-isntall it because vista screwed up and it wont let me re-install with leopard on the disk

hope it works out for you all

What files from the .ZIP?

Which exact ones?

Leo4Allv3

the other files are from the graphics update.

but to make things easy, i usually just install

all the files after i install the graphics update,

that way i know if something doesnt work that

i screwed something up and it wasnt the update.

I cannot get a boot loader to work with iAtkos v2.0i (just get a flashing underscore). I run "darwin" from the terminal after installing, fill out the information and get the error

gptsync: Data write failed at position 0: bad file descriptor

I never have been able to get 2.0i to install a bootloader. In fact, I can only get 1.0i (r1) to install a bootloader via the Darwin Boot menu option. When I install r2 or r3, I use r1 to install the bootloader. This doesn't work for v2 unfortunately. I get a message saying I need to reboot with the watermark of a power button.

if you have any recommendations on getting a bootloader to work for 2.0i, please share... Even booting to the DVD and letting the timer run out which should boot to the hdd, is currently showing the boot.plist not found or something like that

EDIT: Nevermind.. I got a 2.0i bootloader to install by booting to the DVD, pressing F8 and booting with -s Then type darwin and follow the commands. I was trying to run darwin from within the installer (by going to utilities -> terminal) now, to try your fix again....

Ok, I followed your steps with iAtkos v2.0i, and it still won't wake after going blue and black. It just stays black :thumbsup_anim:. My hotcorner works fine when i remove the 3100 kexts. I can't hook up to an external monitor right now, but i will try tomorrow. Any further recommendations?

I LOVE YOU

SUCCESSS!!!

[EDIT]:

[/EDIT]

Intel GMA X3100

Working With CI/QE

AppleIntelGMAX3100.zip

[/EDIT]

[EDIT]

[/EDIT]

Jonty, here's what i did, basically the same as what was posted above:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!,

then REMOVE the existing Natit.Kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from the Extensions directory

, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (ONLY THESE, NOT THE OTHERS) files

and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart using -f to force reload files.

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

keep moving your mouse towards there and and sliding it around there for a few minutes if you cant see it at first.

Good luck - btw, im on a inspiron 1520

Jonty, here's what i did, basically the same as what was posted above:

Install the graphics update first, DONT RESTART!!,

then REMOVE the existing Natit.Kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext from the Extensions directory

, then install Natit.Kext & AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (ONLY THESE, NOT THE OTHERS) files

and then REPAIR PERMISSIONS and then restart using -f to force reload files.

then when system boots, and display goes blue to black, like the other guides say, drag your mouse to the corner you set for "Sleep display, then move it back acrosss the screen. and the screen wakes with full QE/CI

keep moving your mouse towards there and and sliding it around there for a few minutes if you cant see it at first.

Good luck - btw, im on a inspiron 1520

I did everything you mentioned except for the REMOVE part (I only installed those 2 kexts though as you said, did you also use kext helper to install them?) I will try the remove part when I get home.

I did move the mouse in and out of the sleep corner about 40 times over 2 minutes with no luck :P