Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

So now that we have that figured out, what's the next step? As glad as I am to know the QE/CI works, doesnt do a damn but of good if I have to carry a spare monitor with my laptop...that's one hell of a carry on! :)

Seriously, is there anything further I can do to help?

Oh and does anyone know where the preference file that would record that I had switched on Mirrored Displays be? Don't think I will be of much help if I can't get at least the external display working again. Tried deleting and reinstalling kexts, but didn't do any good. Figure there is a preference file somewhere I can either delete or edit.

Oh and does anyone know where the preference file that would record that I had switched on Mirrored Displays be? Don't think I will be of much help if I can't get at least the external display working again. Tried deleting and reinstalling kexts, but didn't do any good. Figure there is a preference file somewhere I can either delete or edit.

Found this, which may be of help, talks about deleting /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist :

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106564

Oh and if you want to edit that file, you may need to convert it:

From binary to text (XML):

plutil -convert xml1 some_file.plist

From text or XML to binary:

plutil -convert binary1 some_other_file.plist

(Found here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...&pid=104826 )

Been thinking about this, and wondering if the timing is wrong.

Can someone with a working internal 1440x900 screen post the EDID please?

ioreg -l -w0 | grep EDID

Errandwolfe what panel do you have in your D630 ? Is it a CMO1421 ?

You'll find it in windows under is device manager, right click the monitor, properties, details and scroll 1 down to Hardware ID's.

Jim,

The hardware ID's I have are SEC3157. Yes it is a Lattitude D630.

Been thinking about this, and wondering if the timing is wrong.

Can someone with a working internal 1440x900 screen post the EDID please?

ioreg -l -w0 | grep EDID

Errandwolfe what panel do you have in your D630 ? Is it a CMO1421 ?

You'll find it in windows under is device manager, right click the monitor, properties, details and scroll 1 down to Hardware ID's.

I have a Latitude D630 also, and it's display is a CMO1428. Also, my monitor has a native resolution of 1440x900. I have one question though, does the display itself make a difference? I am asking because I have been watching this post, but haven't yet installed leo on this laptop. I thought when one of the other D630 users would post here when they finally got their graphics working. I am waiting because I need consistent access to my laptop, but this weekend I could try leopard on mine and see what happens.

EDIT: I don't know if this information is relevant, but my d630 came in the mail about a week ago. This may mean that Dell changed their monitor configuration, because Errandwolfe said above that he has a different display than mine. Dell may have decided to change their display model at the same time as changing the config.

I have a Latitude D630 also, and it's display is a CMO1428. Also, my monitor has a native resolution of 1440x900. I have one question though, does the display itself make a difference? I am asking because I have been watching this post, but haven't yet installed leo on this laptop. I thought when one of the other D630 users would post here when they finally got their graphics working. I am waiting because I need consistent access to my laptop, but this weekend I could try leopard on mine and see what happens.

EDIT: I don't know if this information is relevant, but my d630 came in the mail about a week ago. This may mean that Dell changed their monitor configuration, because Errandwolfe said above that he has a different display than mine. Dell may have decided to change their display model at the same time as changing the config.

I've got the same panel as you - doesn't work (apart from VESA mode), the reason I was asking as I was wondering if it was related to timing data and different panel's have different EDID data.

Errandwolfe, you have the Samsung panel in your Dell, and different to mine (if it matters) could you also post the EDID data? - using http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm in windows, don't use the ioreg as it may return Apple data.

I tried a number of different timings yesterday with SwitchResX but unfortunately no luck.

To try (this evening) overriding the EDID data in Display Overrides.

To try (this evening) overriding the EDID data in Display Overrides.

I've tried this and it doesn't make any difference - I'm now out of ideas :) I'd be up for trying the timing data (EDID) from a working laptop if I can get it. But there are still too many variables - is it the timing, backlight or similar or hardware differences in the X3100 (requiring different registers to be set) on Dell laptops?

Does anyone know if simply replacing the device ID is enough to switch Natit to use a different card? I have a desktop with GMA X3000 and want to see if I can pull off using Leo's X3100's driver. I can easily switch the Info.plist, but looking at the Natit binary, I saw some string references to "GMAX3100" specifically.

It would be awesome to have X3000's supported based off a hack of the X3100 driver. paulicat mentioned it early in the thread, but I haven't seen anyone mention it since.

Edit: PCI device is 8086,29A2 if you're feeling especially generous :worried_anim:

I have a laptop with the 950, but it can´t show the image on my external screen. When I press Fn+F6 (switch screen) the internal screen turns off, but the external shows the upper left corner of the desktop but distorted. Will this driver fix this? Sorry if I´m asking in the wrong place, but does anyone know how to fix this? Regards!

I have been silent and watching but your Natiti.kext doesn't work on my system. I have Intel GMA950 Integrated Graphics. VendorID is 27728086, and your Natit doesn't work, the only way for me to get things right is using the AppleIntelIntegratedFrambuffer.kext from the brazilmac, or "Graphics Mode"="xxxxXxxxx@xx" line.

So, I have also tried the driver from paulicat.

And after some reboots and changing everything: wow, it works... :D

But: with 1680x1050 I have a bit a ... sliced cursor... double cursor in fact. So I'm on 1600x1000 now, this works find.

But: If I'm, using Exposé the sized windows (especially the fonts) are looking very pixely (or howver you want to say that :wacko:) and not nice.

Any suggestions why?

KlyX

Natit work on desktop with GMA950:

-AppleIntelGMA950* (native)

-AppleIntelIntegaratedFramebuffer.kext (native)

-Natit.kext injecting

But yet some global trouble for me:

GMA work pefrectly, but if i played presentation in Keynote that stunned my ihack and HANG SCREEN come here

How did cure it ?

Hi All, hi paulicat,

Thanks a lot. It works on my HP Compaq 6710b with GMAX3100 card.

QE is listed as "Not Supported" but the actual trouble I have is my mouse pointer.

It is currently made up of 2 broken vertical bars about one and a half inch apart.

I had to do some trial and error to locate the actual click-point of the mouse!

Please any idea of how to fix this? I have rebooted the system but with no difference.

I have deleted AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

Device ID: 2a02 8086

Thanks a lot.

Thanks. Found the solution myself late last night by chance. Now if only I could get the NIC to work.

If you have the same laptop, is you Broadcom 5787 working and if yes, what kext and configurations did you do? What about the SoundMax and the Intel Wireless 3945ABG card. Thanks.

I tried the AppleBCM5701 kext (after hexedit-ing it with the 1693 - the device id) Now the system boots up to displaying the message below twice then just hangs there.

AppleBCM5701Ethernet: 1 1659 setPowerLevels -returning early, have a 5721. onoff=, fPciDeviceId

Actually, I must say I am a little confused as there is a posting on InsanelyMac where the person used the HEX value of his card model (169C for a BCM 5788) as the replacement value when editing the driver file. This didnt work at all for me as the card wasn't even detected at all (169B for the BCM 5787) but using the value 1693 hangs the system as described above. And I added 1693 to the Info.plist file too.

Thanks.