Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

So, nobody is able to use the laptop internal monitor with x3100 yet!

I have HP 6710B with Santa Rosa and X3100 video.

Managed to install ToH release, applied EFI v5.1, and upgraded to 10.5.1.

If I plug external monitor, the video works perfect, but no luck with the internal one!

Can only see blue screen and that's it.

Tried with Natit - same blue result. Strange.

Anyone managed to get the internal screen working with x3100 on HP/Compaq?

Anyone tried the paperclip VGA shorts (it used to work with 10.4.x)?

Cheers!

Magare,

Several people have tried the paper clip trick with no luck. As of right now, most laptop users have been unable to get the X3100 working properly. Most of us get results exactly like you describe. Netkas is currently waiting for some ioreg dumps from a Macbook and a Mac Mini. He thinks once he has those dumps he will be able to get the problem fixed. If you (or anyone else reading this) has access to either of these machines, please jump on the IRC channel and talk to Netkas.

To be super clear, this is ONLY going to work with the framebuffer from Leopard GM.

If you are dealing with an X3100, you DO NOT care about AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer as that is ONLY for gma950's.

For X3100's the proper framebuffer is: AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, you can safely delete the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and any other GMA950 related files but be sure you see this 3100FB.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

Here is my last test release for tonight:

http://www.mediafire.com/?02e0vby2wle (Natit.kext)

。paulicat。

THX paulicat

here it my way.

1) i install jas 10.4.8 in D using notebook lcd;

2) I log into jas 10.4.8,and restart;

3) install the TOH for leopard in E, using an extenal lcd;

4) I USE D to transfer information because i was stop at"Do You Already Own A Mac? "

5) then i log into lepoard with an extenal lcd

6) delete (all the AppleIntelGMAX3100****.kext) and all the (GMA950 related files)

7) install the 10.5.1GMAX3100 (i upload) and (Natit.kext)by Kext Helper (i upload)

8)restart .use the notebook lcd (x3100 qe ci 1280*800 works.)

sorry,poor engish.

thx paulicat let my notebook R61E grahpic x3100 work

Kext_Helper.zip

10.5.1GMAX3100.zip

post-16139-1196005963_thumb.jpg

To be super clear, this is ONLY going to work with the framebuffer from Leopard GM.

If you are dealing with an X3100, you DO NOT care about AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer as that is ONLY for gma950's.

For X3100's the proper framebuffer is: AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext, you can safely delete the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext and any other GMA950 related files but be sure you see this 3100FB.kext in /System/Library/Extensions

Here is my last test release for tonight:

http://www.mediafire.com/?02e0vby2wle (Natit.kext)

。paulicat。

THX paulicat

here it my way.

1) i install jas 10.4.8 in D using notebook lcd;

2) I log into jas 10.4.8,and restart;

3) install the TOH for leopard in E, using an extenal lcd;

4) I USE D to transfer information because i was stop at"Do You Already Own A Mac? "

5) then i log into lepoard with an extenal lcd

6) delete (all the AppleIntelGMAX3100****.kext) and all the (GMA950 related files)

7) install the 10.5.1GMAX3100 (i upload) and (Natit.kext)by Kext Helper (i upload)

8)restart .use the notebook lcd (x3100 qe ci 1280*800 works.)

sorry,poor engish. AppleIntelGMAX3100****.kext

thx paulicat let my notebook R61E grahpic x3100 work

Thanks for your help, mate!

Just not sure why you need to delete and replace the AppleIntelGMAX3100****.kext

I have got mine from the latest Apple patch - 10.5.1 and they work great with external monitor.

I haven't tried yet your instructions, but will do so today and let everybody know the results.

Cheers!

So, nobody is able to use the laptop internal monitor with x3100 yet!

I have HP 6710B with Santa Rosa and X3100 video.

Managed to install ToH release, applied EFI v5.1, and upgraded to 10.5.1.

If I plug external monitor, the video works perfect, but no luck with the internal one!

Can only see blue screen and that's it.

Tried with Natit - same blue result. Strange.

Anyone managed to get the internal screen working with x3100 on HP/Compaq?

Anyone tried the paperclip VGA shorts (it used to work with 10.4.x)?

Cheers!

I'Ve Compaq 6710b and today i've got x3100 full working on internal lcd, 10.5.1, efi 5.2, last Natit.kext.

:thumbsup_anim:

be shure!!!

This is what u have to do:

You must have an USB wifi PEN and driver for leo

install toh rc2, when u reboot you got a Welcome loop...

Reboot DVD toh, in utility start shell, install driver USB wifi pen with installer.app found in /Volumes/Leopard/System/Library/CoreServices/

Reboot with -x -f on external LCD and Finish installation

now you install EFI 5.2 and then update to 10.5.1

Install last natit

You got it

Well just tried with the latest EFI, Natit, and X3100 kexts and still no luck....

Same result using native X3100 kexts without Natit and using the above mentioned files in messages #154. In the new EFI 6 package I have tried boot_v5 and the gmalaptop boot files.

Both methods produce the same result, black screen on the internal LCD and external screen (when attached) working as secondary display.

Use the attach

This is my graphics detail

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x000c

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display Connector:

Natit.kext.zip

Please help me to setup my graphic card.

My notebook is Thinkpad X61 76754ek.

I did delete AppleIntelGMA*.kext on /System/Library/Extensions.

And Install Natit.kext and 10.5.1 AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext, AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.

I had haf success. (CI: Software / QE : Not surpport)

My ioreg and the screen shot is attached.

Please advice me to setup my graphic.

ioreg.txt

post-156319-1196048693_thumb.jpg

the version plist of my AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>BuildVersion</key>

<string>4</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>

<string>1.5.18</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

<string>5.1.8</string>

<key>ProjectName</key>

<string>GraphicsDrivers</string>

<key>SourceVersion</key>

<string>51807</string>

</dict>

</plist>

The list of my kext

kxt.txt

Mitro,

I think my problem is related with AppleIntelItegratedFrameBuffer.kext.(My version is 5.1.6)

I found that my hardware infomation is changed with it's version.

Please post your AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext.

Thank you,

I tried to setup my graphic card after I got AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext(version 5.1.8).

My kexts versions are below.

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext -> 5.1.8

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext -> 5.1.8

AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext -> 5.1.8

Natit.kext -> It's CFBundleVersion is 1.0.0d1

But I still couldn't enable my Quatz Image Support.

It's status likes below.

Core Image : Software

Quantz Extreme : Not supported

I attached my ioreg again.

Please advice me .... I'm waiting...

Thank you

ioreg.txt

Mitro,

Can you give some details on what hardware you are running? Are you on a desktop or laptop? What model?

UPDATE: Just gave the version of Natit Mitro posted a try and still same results, internal LCD just goes black.

My Hardware is a Compaq 6710b Laptop, natit from Hackint0sh forum posted on 17/11

I view in my /system/Library/Extension/AppleIntelGMAX3100..kext have 2 dot

Is possible that this strange things have an influence...

I'm at work and now i can't try.

I solved my problem.

Now I can use QE/CI.

It was very simple.

I deleted AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext on /System/Library/Extensions.

And just installed kexts below.

AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext

AppleIntelGMAX3100GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle

Natit.kext

After this, I could use QE/CI.

Thank you for all.

People PLEASE, if you are going to put something down as working or not working tell us what the heck it is! At the very least create a signature with your hardware specifications. That or post your home address and buy us all plane tickets so we can come take a look in person.

lol... It has been said HOW MANY times in this thread and others on this forum that AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext is a) nothing to do with X3100 and :) can cause problems with the X3100 kexts working... I wonder how much work it is to read back from page 1 rather than repeating already-asked questions. It's things like this that make people who do know what they're doing not want to help.

Look at all the great devs who've left the OSX86 community simply because they're fed up with people who ask questions without seeing if anybody else has run into the same problem first and beg them to fix their specific problem like it's the most important thing in the world.

Azurael,

I second your statement big time! I think a lot of confusion is coming from this thread trying to deal with both the 950 and the 3100 at the same time. That is why I created the other thread specifically for X3100 users who after following the instructions in this thread, still can not get it to work. Unfortunately it does not appear to be getting much use and people are just continuing to post useless info and questions into this thread.

A general question to anybody willing to ask me...

Is there any possibility that the Natit.kext you all mention will work with the GMA3100 inside my DELL Optiplex 755 destop?

To be clear, my chipset is intel 0x29b2, revison 0x0002. It should be a Q35 chipset.

Should I try the method, or I run the risk of breaking everything, since my hackintosh is currently running in VESA mode?

Is Paulicat the great working on this, or maybe anybody knows others with my problem in another thread?

Thank you in advance. :)

RogerMac

Roger,

After reading through 9 pages of posts you can't figure this out? Here's a tip TRY the instructions specified in this thread. If you can't boot after installing Natit and X3100 kexts then simply boot up in single user mode and delete the kexts. You will be right back to VESA mode.

Azurael, you've got to be joking!

This forums are not for developers only! There are so many people out there that want to use Hackintosh and very few of them are programmers. Nothing wrong to ask questions that are not technically correct. Developers do great work to try to help people and they can answer any questions they like or do any work they like.

I agree that before you post a question, or even worse create a new topic, you have to read and seek as much as possible. Nothing comes for free. The time we spend on trying to fix problems is money!!!. Do we realize that?

It would be easier just to buy a MAC, but you loose the challenge and the fun with HacOS.

Anyway, I am going to create a new topic that will cover HP 6710B notebooks only. These are great machines and would be good if we can make as much as possible working on them.