Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

After hours of reading this topic and testing a lot of possible combinations, I have found a solution for GMA 950 device id: 0x02772. I don't remember what versions of extensions I'm using, because I've tested a lot of them, but now I have Core Image Hardware Accelerated, Quartz Extreame Supported and I'm able to choose any screen resolution from system preferences. Everything is working well. Some additional info:

I'm using iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 on Giagbyte GA-945GM-S2 with Pentium D 805 2.66GHz processor. I'm new into osx86, but I've using Leopard on my MacBook for a year.

Here is screen from system profiler on my PC:

osx86_gm950.png

For all people with integrated GMA 950 on the GMA 945G chipset, there are kext's that I'm using: LINK

Hope my post will be useful for someone...

Darraski, I have the same GMA 950 device.. how do I use the kexts that are in your zip? Please let me know..

All, this is my first post.. pl excuse if my question is silly :( still learning..

Darraski, I have the same GMA 950 device.. how do I use the kexts that are in your zip? Please let me know..

All, this is my first post.. pl excuse if my question is silly :withstupid: still learning..

You should look for "kext helper" app, using it is very simple, but remember to delete old kext vesrions before (go to: \System\Library\Extensions and remove kext for graphic card support, like AppleIntelGMA950.kext etc). Notice, that I have GMA950 with divice-id 0x02772.

Darrarski, you're using the old integrated framebuffer with the newer gma950 kexts which is the only way to get it working properly but you'll notice some minor artifacts. If someone is talented enough to make a patch/natit kext to load the new framebuffer, it will be greatly appreciated.

Hello Darrarski, yes, I do have the same GMA950 with device-id 0x02772..

Here's what I did..

I downloaded the zip file and extracted them to documents folder

Then, I went to Terminal sudo'ed and deleted all the following in the \System\Library\Extensions folder (rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/****.kext) :

AppleIntelGMA950.kext

AppleIntelGMA950GA.plugin

AppleIntelGMA950GLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelGMA950VADriver.bundle

AppleIntelintegratedFramebuffer.kext

Then, I opened up "Kext Helper b7" and "dragged-dropped" all the above files that are in your zip file on to that and EASY installed it..

After rebooting, I have the same problem and 3D is not enabled..

Although I can force 1600x1200x32 in the "Graphics Mode" in the boot prompt, It still says the following in System Profiler

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Am I doing something wrong? Appreciate your (any anybody else's) help..

After reading all the posts and tried some things my GMA950 Desktop sill has problems.I don't know how to install the Zip package with natit.kext files and edit other stuff.Please someone if can help me.

LAST EDIT:

Now the last information in system profiler is: post-323489-1227739559_thumb.png

I still cannot change resolution.Please help

With the GMA950 kexts provided by iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 I have Quartz Extreme and QuartzGL, and there is resolution change. THis on HP tc4400 laptop.

But if I boot with no external screen and then connect one the whole screen gets messed up.

Resolution change works with no problems, but if I choose "Mirror Displays" the screen gets messed up again.

And my biggest issue: ROTATION!

I can rotate only the external screen, but not the internal one. There is no such option for it! This is a TabletPC, so rotation is essential.

Is it possible to rotate the internal screen at all?

Darrarski, you're using the old integrated framebuffer with the newer gma950 kexts which is the only way to get it working properly but you'll notice some minor artifacts. If someone is talented enough to make a patch/natit kext to load the new framebuffer, it will be greatly appreciated.

Like I said before: everything is working well, without artefacts at all. I'm booting in normal mode (not using -x flag). System works smoothly and looks like on my MacBook. I'm able to choose resolution form System Preferences.

@STUFF - I'm sorry, but I don't know how to help you. I'm using iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5, after installation I had the same problems like others, but after testing a lot of kext combinations I have found a proper ones for my system (there are included in ZIP attachement in my previous post). It looks like your graphic card is the same like mine, but if you still having problems using my kexts, this looks like there are some other dependencing.

hi to all.

i have inspiron 6400

core2due 1.7 = only in 1 core my iAtkos leopard is working

ram 4 gigi

sound=sigmatel. i choose applehda patcher and it's working but only the volume up/down in fornt

my modem does not work = i let it go and i use wifi

vga - gma950 = it's working but :

1.why my vga ram is 64?? it's 224 in vista

2.is there any new patch for soud

3.what shoud i do fo core solo. i had to to bios every time that i want to go to mac. i rally need it 2core working for best performance

4-is it good to install ideneb 10.5.5 for solving my cpu problem?

hi guys i'm in 5th days to solve my video resolution problem, i've 1366*768 on acer 6930g with nvidia geforce 9600m gt 512mb, after driver installation, i've only 1024*768, can you help me please????there is a possibility to modify kext to obtain 1366*768?pleaseee in about this mac ... more info my video card is ok but no qe/ci & no resolution :(

Hi.

I've installed the driver for X2000 to use with Ati 3450 and they works but ONLY if I type -f in boot options.

Please can someone tell me why?post-323489-1229254893_thumb.png

That doesn't belong in here, this is a thread for Intel graphics cards, not ATI cards. I can see where you would get confused about that though, they have similar number formats.

Is there now a Driver for the GMA950 released?

I'd like to understand this too. This thread is very confusing, as there seem to by a myriad of different problems, and I don't know what everyone is trying to fix.

Right now, on 10.5.4, I can run an external monitor with my 950 at any resolution any color, but I cannot get my laptop screen to work. I would love to get dual monitor/laptop support so I can use this somewhere other than at my desk, but I don't know what solution proposed will help me do that.

Please help!

Thank you!

I'd like to understand this too. This thread is very confusing, as there seem to by a myriad of different problems, and I don't know what everyone is trying to fix.

Right now, on 10.5.4, I can run an external monitor with my 950 at any resolution any color, but I cannot get my laptop screen to work. I would love to get dual monitor/laptop support so I can use this somewhere other than at my desk, but I don't know what solution proposed will help me do that.

Please help!

Thank you!

First lets clear the thing why your lappy is working with an external monitor so fine...is 'cause is using the untouched vanilla (means the original and unmodified)... apple gma 950 kexts (means kernel extensions) ...this are like a driver... so u understand... and that means that apple has support for that chip ...and more... it means that real macs are using the same chip somewhere... and now comes the bad part...

Second... u can't use the laptop lcd... 'cause the kexts...are made to work with an external monitor... and the mac that uses that chip is the mac mini... so he needs an external monitor... that's why... (and 'cause u didn't select any driver for the video card when u installed leo...we'll come back to this...keep reading...!...)...

...but there's a catch if u take an old kext ...(old means...an old yersion of that kext...(u can see the ver. of the kext...if u right-click on it and select "get info")...that worked for that chip on "tiger"...without an issue...and...which is the most important in that group of those kexts...who are the "driver"...and installing it...you get an working driver...but with an issue...and that issue u don't have now with the external monitor...and its name is "ARTIFACTS"...or mouse tearing...(menas when u are running some programs u get some little squares on the screen...for a couple of seconds...and then they are disappearing...this is called...

"Working but some minor issues (mouse tearing)...!!!"...

And the final part...the driver for ur lappy...so u can use it elsewhere from your desktop... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=86609&st=0 ...here's the topic but i think the link is broken and it seems i can't get one right now...but tell me what distro DVD u used and i can tell u if u find the driver there...and i'll tell u how to extract it and install it...or did u use the retail method... Hope i responded ur questions...!...and best regards...!...

P.S.: i can send u the driver by e-mail if u want...need the e-mail address...

Second... u can't use the laptop lcd... 'cause the kexts...are made to work with an external monitor... and the mac that uses that chip is the mac mini... so he needs an external monitor... that's why... (and 'cause u didn't select any driver for the video card when u installed leo...we'll come back to this...keep reading...!...)...

My Dads MacBook has a GMA950. That's not the reason why :D

The id of the chip is important too...(didn't want to get in details)...so i don't know if ur dads real mac has the same id of the gma 950 that most pc (laptops...!!!...i don't know for desktops) are using...this is the id... Vendor:Intel (0x8086)...Device ID:0x27a2...Revision ID:0x0003...and this chips from pcs no matter what the real shared memory have...hackintoshes will see only 64 mb...and guess what...is the real mac mini shared memoy...maybe ur macbook have the same shared memory...i don't know...but now u make me curious and i'll check again to see the id of the chip on a mac mini...'cause maybe u already know or not...that the gma 950 form most laptops is working WITHOUT any ISSUES with whatever leo ver. from 10.5 to 10.5.6...with an external monitor...!!!..., real mac kexts...vanilla..., 64 memory viewed by system profiler...the internal monitor is the issue talked in this topic...for laptops...anyway...and to see that i'm not talking {censored}...method TESTED...on sony vaio vgn-n38z/w...chip id see above...

but now u make me curious and i'll check again to see the id of the chip on a mac mini...

I am pretty sure the mini has the same as the MacBooks, as it uses notebook parts (keeps size down). The desktops are the ones causing the problems as they are different revisions to the 950 that Apple uses. yeah, I need my "Device ID:0x2772 Revision ID:0x0002" desktop chip sorted :)