Users with GMA 950 / X3100 Real Macs needed here

enb14

686 posts in this topic

I rescently made myself a project....... To make the newest GMA950 kexts work with the newest GMA950 framebuffer.

After I updated to 10.5.5, I quickly got to work.

That looks like the 10.4.x AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer with a newer Info.plist ?

Can you explain what changes were made?

Edit: Nevermind, that framebuffer isn't anything "new" and is b.s.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=925829

Edit2: Not only did the original thread get removed, the references to it as well. So much for that.

Ok guy what i'll do it make a snapshot of my EFI against the Apple dump i used for the X3100 and high light what i took out and what was added to try and help you!!!! but what ever it is is down to the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext file as all my AppleIntelGMAX3100 files are 10.5.5 apart the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext file.

If there is a way we can find to edit this file so that the laptop data match up i think it will sort the problem.!

I'm going to try a few things then i'll post the results here if i find another way you'll all find out!!!

Acer 5620-4801 Laptop worked out of the cd :wacko: Well all most!

Installed Kalaway 10.5.2 selected custom install and deselected all graphics cards

When system booted OSX now reports video and quartz enabled.

For audio I had to install Alc268fix and AhdKext extension.

Now audio works including internal mic but not the front plug mic.

Also had to install a Netgear WG111 Wifi stick for wifi as the buit in wifi

and CrystalEye Web cam are not functioning.

I managed to get this far by all the fine folks on the InsanelyMac Forums.

Thank you all!

JDemers2

Apparently the "kernel[0]: display: family specific matching fails" is "normal" when you have a screen attached that isn't known by OS X.

I see this on the Gigabyte system in my signature as well (of course it does sense the samsung monitor attached).

The "kernel[0]: display: match category IOFramebuffer exists" Looks like it is generated because a software frame buffer is created and already exists by the time the Intel frame buff comes into play. I can't prove this as after AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer unloads (see post #629) and I manually load it, the intel frame buffer "sticks". No error is generated.

The display and frame buffer information that I can see in ioreg is the same info you get when you boot into safe mode ( -x ).

Unfortunatly adding the display information via uphuck's EFI string doesn't solve it.

It almost looks like where the display is mapped on these boards isn't at a traditional Display 0 or Display 1 location that OS X expects to find it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine X3100 working with laptops display.

before i did i had all the problems most of you has, blue, black, white with a black bar display, display turned off etc.

i've tryed netit.kext, apple's leopard graphics update and so on, nothing worked - only external display.

now it works:

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 144 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2a02

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

i've made a clean OSX 10.5.1 install (kalyway)

i downloaded gmax3100.pkg from here: http://x86osx.com/bbs/data/osxtips/gmax3100.pkg.zip installed it, set the display sleep in system preferences to 1 min. rebooted with external display unpluged, waited 1 minute till the display sleeps, woke it up and i was looking at my leo desktop. i've installek kalyway's 10.5.2 update, rebooted again to check if it still works, and yes it did.

so i guess it's solved for me, hope it helps someone

my laptop is Acer Extensa 5220 (1.7GHz, 1GB RAM)

Guys I need some users to give me their ioregdum from a real mac with GMA950 and 3100 the goal is to enable resolution change and to remove the arctifacts at all like current titan/natit for this time for GMA950 /3100, if you want to help us just do this on a real macs and post your txt file here

ioreg -l -w0 > ioreg.txt

Please specify if you have a GMA950 or a 3100 by the way do this using 10.5.0.

Macbook 2,16ghz GMA950 :)

ioreg.txt

Hi all!

Finally after some hard work, I have got furthur!

I get a blue screen on boot, but as soon as I plug my externel monitor in I get QE/CI on BOTH screens, but the resolution is 1028x768 (max the externel supports).

I have X3100:

Revision ID: 0x0003 (Yes 3, not c)

Need to get it to work without the externel monitor, and at a resolution of aruond 1440xwhatevergoeshere

Cheers,

Jonty.

PS: If you manage to get it working, or near working, you shall receive free web hosting from my company! :whistle:

Hi all!

Finally after some hard work, I have got furthur!

I get a blue screen on boot, but as soon as I plug my externel monitor in I get QE/CI on BOTH screens, but the resolution is 1028x768 (max the externel supports).

I have X3100:

Revision ID: 0x0003 (Yes 3, not c)

Need to get it to work without the externel monitor, and at a resolution of aruond 1440xwhatevergoeshere

Cheers,

Jonty.

PS: If you manage to get it working, or near working, you shall receive free web hosting from my company! ;)

try installing the driver i did (2 posts above), worked for me, same device and revision id.

here it is

backup the existing one and try this one, let me know the result.

delete natit

Work if i use AppleIntelGMA950 1.5.24 and AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer 1.5.6 (of Empty_Skull_Medion_Akoya_E1210 extension)

Don' t work if i update to AppleIntelGMA950 1.5.30 and AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer 1.5.30 of 10.5.5 update.

GMA950

ID dispositivo: 0x27ae

ID revisione: 0x0003

Thanks.

I have been looking through this thread but I am new to all of this so pls help if you can.

OK guys I need some help with this one.

I have IBM T60 loaded with Kalway 10.5.2 I will probably look to upgrade to 10.5.4 at some stage (maybe even 10.5.5).

I have the 950 GMA built in graphics card and I only get the resolution of 1024x768x 32. I get no artifacts, so how do I get to the display to work at a better resolution, obviously OS is giving no other options ? I wanna be at 1280x1024x32. My device ID is 0x27a2. I see alot of posts about Natit, etc. But how can I go about enabling this. Is there a guide for dummies ?

Thanks in Advance

i have a similar problem i think as tiberius72.

i am running kalyway leopard 10.5.2 in my dell inspiron 1420. i have the built in intel graphics chipset also and am having the same resolution problem. i am really new to this and i have limited experience with mac all together. if someone has solved this issue, would they be willing to help me through this? i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you

below are my system specifications

I have Intel 256MB Graphic card

Of my knowledge the graphic driver for my card is GMA x3100

anyone please tell me where I could find a graphics driver :D

Thanks in advance...

i have a similar problem i think as tiberius72.

i am running kalyway leopard 10.5.2 in my dell inspiron 1420. i have the built in intel graphics chipset also and am having the same resolution problem. i am really new to this and i have limited experience with mac all together. if someone has solved this issue, would they be willing to help me through this? i would greatly appreciate it.

thank you

Well I finally installed all the necessary kexts, etc. and it does absolutely nothing. One interesting aspect is that I have another laptop with the same specs (yes, I am trying this on a replacement for my old work one). In XP the max resolution I can go to is 1024x728, others are offered but the entire screen does not fit. I think this maybe the best I can get.

This now leads me to another interesting issue. When I dock the laptop and I use my 22" screen I get a blue screen (funny that Apple also has a blue screen of death...) I do see other graphic resolutions options from the boot menu but all I get is the blue screen. Not sure what to do now....

The only reason I installed OSX on the laptop and made it dual bootable is experiement while I was away on business....

Cheers

Tiberius

hey guys, so i've been running the kalyway 10.5.2 and everything runs alright with my external monitor but i cant seem to get it to boot without the external. im running with the gma 915 with quartz enabled from the modified kext/plugin package that i pulled somewhere. the computer will blue screen anytime the external monitor is not plugged in. any thoughts? i cant seem to figure out whether there's actually a solution with all the specific fixes floating around. my computer is an hp dv4300. any help would really be appreciated (and if you need any more data i can get it).

thanks!

After hours of reading this topic and testing a lot of possible combinations, I have found a solution for GMA 950 device id: 0x02772. I don't remember what versions of extensions I'm using, because I've tested a lot of them, but now I have Core Image Hardware Accelerated, Quartz Extreame Supported and I'm able to choose any screen resolution from system preferences. Everything is working well. Some additional info:

I'm using iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 on Giagbyte GA-945GM-S2 with Pentium D 805 2.66GHz processor. I'm new into osx86, but I've using Leopard on my MacBook for a year.

Here is screen from system profiler on my PC:

osx86_gm950.png

For all people with integrated GMA 950 on the GMA 945G chipset, there are kext's that I'm using: LINK

Hope my post will be useful for someone...