Power still on after shutdown Leopard

thy1225

109 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

"thy" i have the same mobo as you but i cant install the iatkos v1.0 when i try to boot from the dvd and press -v i got this

(com.apple.driver.ACPI-SMC-Patformplugin) has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components : use only one style

m sys"

Intel Core2quad q6600

Geforce 7600GT

DDR2 2GB 800 fsb

Motherboard MSI-P965 Platinum bios v1.8

WD 160G sata

WD 500G sata

liton dvd sata

so please if you can tell me any thing that help me i will be thakfull

Got shutdown working with the following bios settings (Mb ga-g33m-ds2r)

Stock kernel + efi Iatkos

Cpu C1E = disabled

Instant off = 4 second delay

Pme event wake-up = enabled

Hpet support = enabled

Hpet mode = 64-bit

Legacy usb storage = disabled

Onboard ide = disabled

i hope it helps

T.

EDIT: Set power button to sleep in energy saver options

hi MOS,

I never have that problem before

but here's all the kext file I replaced after I install (in the attached file)

hope that will help

good luck! :(

"thy" i have the same mobo as you but i cant install the iatkos v1.0 when i try to boot from the dvd and press -v i got this

(com.apple.driver.ACPI-SMC-Patformplugin) has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components : use only one style

m sys"

Intel Core2quad q6600

Geforce 7600GT

DDR2 2GB 800 fsb

Motherboard MSI-P965 Platinum bios v1.8

WD 160G sata

WD 500G sata

liton dvd sata

so please if you can tell me any thing that help me i will be thakfull

allFiles.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I have a p35-ds3r and Q6600. I found that shutdown worked perfectly for me before I installed nvinject so i thought i'd switch to the efi method only to find the problem resides. What is strange tho is, if you have login window enabled, if you click shutdown from here, it will shutdown perfectly. So to shutdown, log out, then click shutdown from here.

I installed 10.5.2 and all the updates and shutdown is still not working. Also tried the new AppleSMBIOS.kext and the new 9.2.0 sleep kernel from netkas and nothing. Asked netkas on irc about it and he didn't respond. Looks like I'm going to have to switch motherboards. ;)

I really want to keep the original kernel untill i'm 100% sure there is no other way.

I have a Gigabyte P35-DQ6 and shutwond works about 2 of 50 times i shut down the system. I'm just wondering if there is any logging or whatever going on we can get to to check where this issue is coming from.

I'm upgrading cpu soon and this could be a reason to change the mainboard aswell. But there seem to be several reasons why a shutdown won't work (DVI connectors, usb connections, Bios settings). How to be sure what your specific problem is?

Shutdown is really all that doesn't work on my install. So i'm rather keen on getting it to work.

oppsss,

I updated kernel with Netkas 26 Feb one

But seems doesnt help at all no soft shut/reboot yet?

Darwin MacPro.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Tue Feb 26 21:21:24 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

There is no AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext in Extensions

Still cant get soft reboot/shutdown working?

Got shutdown working with the following bios settings (Mb ga-g33m-ds2r)

Stock kernel + efi Iatkos

Cpu C1E = disabled

Instant off = 4 second delay

Pme event wake-up = enabled

Hpet support = enabled

Hpet mode = 64-bit

Legacy usb storage = disabled

Onboard ide = disabled

i hope it helps

T.

EDIT: Set power button to sleep in energy saver options

Shutdown fixed for me. Didn't have all these options in my bios, but most of them! Thank You!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

netkas 9.2.0 worked perfectly for me (which caused usb not mounting after that, but i solved that problem also; now everything works). but you can have only either sleep/shutdown/restart or speedstep, but not both.

• 3 weeks later...

hm. wen i first installed leopard on iatkos ir1, everything was fine, except for no graphic driver and sound. however, after i installed my graphics card driver, shut down AND restart stopped working. I've reinstalled leopard about 6 times now for various reasons, and each time after i install the graphics card driver shutdown and restart stops working.

ive got a dell xps 1530, with geforce 8400 graphic card. i've got everything working EXCEPT this and internet XD.

any help would be appreciated.