Power still on after shutdown Leopard

thy1225

109 posts in this topic

It works on my Intel d975xbx2, only if I eject my firewire HD otherwise I get kernel panic during shutdown. Screen goes black but fans and power light is still on. Leopard is more sensitive to PCI cards and anything that is plugged in. If you are using original kernel unplug all the extras and see if you can shutdown. If you are not using amy PCI cards or external HD than this method doesn't work.

Take care

Jojon

I have a 975X chipset (Shuttle SD39P2) and shutdown/restart fail for me. I am running:

KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 vanilla kernel

I downloaded AppleACPIPlatform (from irc.osx86.hu #leopard) and discovered it has the

same md5 as the one in my original install:

273867a829e2356b60016b0317242a53 AppleACPIPlatform

Needless to say it did not help.

I have checked and set all the BIOS settings mentioned in this (and other) threads to no avail.

Can any of the developers (netkas etc...?) comment on this situation. Do they know?

How does one notify them?

It is a particular problem for me because I use automated startup (via WOL) and shutdown to

backup the machines on my network (including this one).

BTW, restart/shutdown were working on uphuck 10.4.10

Hey guys, maybe I found a solution, I was having exactly the same problems as all of you on my Gigabyte board. I went into the bios, under Power management and changed the power button from "instant off " to "4 second delay". I used to only shut down about 30% of the time, I have just shut down 10 times on the trot. can someone else give this a go and report back.

not working for me neither

Using the keyboard to shutdown doesn't help.

One strange thing, my system shut down last night for the first time in weeks - after installing a second monitor. Very random - will test this again tonight and report back.

That's strange maybe, but my Leopard shuts down well now after installing security update from Apple via Software update. I shut 'im down before, but it was still on except for my monitor, then I installed that update and now he shuts down OK.

PS: KALYWAY 10.5.1

Hey guys, maybe I found a solution, I was having exactly the same problems as all of you on my Gigabyte board. I went into the bios, under Power management and changed the power button from "instant off " to "4 second delay". I used to only shut down about 30% of the time, I have just shut down 10 times on the trot. can someone else give this a go and report back.

IT WORKED!!!!!!! Sweet man Thank You. OSX shutdowns completely, I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motehr board with Q6600 processor :D

Thx, aqua-mac, ur BIOS setting method works perfectly for me!!! The only regret is that my Leopard still won't wake up from sleep. Yet it feels much much better to have shut-down working in the right way.

My mobo is Colorful P965-MVP v2.2 (a Chinese local brand), w/ ICH8 + Intel 965 Chipset, drivers installed including HDA_ALC883 (DS3) for audio input/output-- included in Kalyway 10.5.1 installer disc -- and ATI 7288 + Natit for 1950GT fully functioning.

Has anyone had any luck with ASUS P5B MOBO? If so what are the settings in your BIOs? A little off topic, Bluetooth has to be unplugged and then plugged back in again after boot sequence to be seen by Kaly Leo? Anyone have this problem as well? Any ideas guys?

Cheers Plucka

Hello.

On my D620. The shutdow worked fine with no graphics drivers but my resolution was 1024*768.

when I used Titan, Natit, NVInject , the problem occurs. Maybe it's a graphics card problem...

Maybe it can be help someone ;)

Gog

;) Attached the dvi closer to the motherboard solved the shutdown problem.

Hi there...

Im having some issues with KALYWAY leopard release... when i sleep my computer is completely shutdown... and when i shut down all goes of less power and fan.

is this something realated with bios settings??

i have my 8800gt attached to the dvi close to the mobo. so that didnt help to me :)

Thanks in advance!!!