Power still on after shutdown Leopard

thy1225

109 posts in this topic

hm. wen i first installed leopard on iatkos ir1, everything was fine, except for no graphic driver and sound. however, after i installed my graphics card driver, shut down AND restart stopped working. I've reinstalled leopard about 6 times now for various reasons, and each time after i install the graphics card driver shutdown and restart stops working.

ive got a dell xps 1530, with geforce 8400 graphic card. i've got everything working EXCEPT this and internet XD.

any help would be appreciated.

have you tried Netkas sleep kernel 9.2.0. Get it from irc channel and try that. It will work. If you that, then also remember to put 9.2.0 system.kext from the combo update. Otherwise your USB devices will give problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here is my hardware:

MOBO: GA-EP35-DS4 (rev.2.1)

CPU: Q6600

VIDEO: PNY 8800GT

RAM: 4Gb Crucial Ballistix

I just finished following LS8's guide for install 10.5.3 from a retail Leopard DVD.

Something I noticed.

Right after the install...with no .kext added or removed, sleep and restart worked. It would take approx. 2 seconds to wake up from sleep, and restart worked like a charm. I never tested shutdown, since I figured sleep worked, everything else should work.

After that, I install NVINJECT and some other .KEXT files from a .zip file I found on these boards for my specific motherboard. I applied all the patches and got EVERYTHING WORKING (video, audio, sata, etc. etc.).

However, I lost my Shutdown & Sleep functionality.... restart however works fine.

I also tried applying the shutdown fix (again, on boards)...and it seems like I am no able to shutdown SOMETIMES.

Do guarantee a shutdown, I now restart and before the system POSTS, I hold the powerbutton till it turns off.

Anyway...I think nvinject of some other the .kext files I installed killed my shutdown and sleep..but got everything else working

• 4 weeks later...
After that, I install NVINJECT and some other .KEXT files from a .zip file I found on these boards for my specific motherboard. I applied all the patches and got EVERYTHING WORKING (video, audio, sata, etc. etc.).

However, I lost my Shutdown & Sleep functionality.... restart however works fine.

I also tried applying the shutdown fix (again, on boards)...and it seems like I am no able to shutdown SOMETIMES.

I got the same mobo and the same problem, too. You're right the system does a real shutdown sometimes but not always, which means that in the case when it doesn't properly shut down the cpu fan still keeps spinning. At first I thought the problem would be with the shutdown command from finder, so I tried the shutdown command from a terminal: sudo shutdown -h now...well, this works sometimes and sometimes not, which means it is as good or as bad as the finder shutdown ;-) ;)

Has anyone a proper fix working?

Yours,

gbuster

hi im using ga-p35-ds3 and i have sleep working and restart with vanilla kernal and all updates to 10.5.4 but shutdown hanged with the fans being on i had already had my bios set to delay 4 sec on power button i fixed it by changing hpet to 64 bit mode instead of 32 bit and changing the delay 4 secs option to instant off hope this help any gigabyte users btw i have reboot fix using the methods here:

http://leopard.ihack-case.dk/index.php/Reboot

btw vanilla kernal has been absolutely flawless since install of kalyway 10.5.2 on this box shame i cant say the same for my 680i rig :<

hi im using ga-p35-ds3 and i have sleep working and restart with vanilla kernal and all updates to 10.5.4 but shutdown hanged with the fans being on i had already had my bios set to delay 4 sec on power button i fixed it by changing hpet to 64 bit mode instead of 32 bit and changing the delay 4 secs option to instant off hope this help any gigabyte users btw i have reboot fix using the methods here:

http://leopard.ihack-case.dk/index.php/Reboot

btw vanilla kernal has been absolutely flawless since install of kalyway 10.5.2 on this box shame i cant say the same for my 680i rig :<

Works great. I have the same board and also changed the Sleep setting to S3 in the BIOS.

:(

Everything's working great with Vanilla Kernel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i hace a packard vell laptop with ideneb 10.5 and when i press shutdown or shutdown from menu it closes everything and then a message saying i have to restart or press shutdown button to shutdown, what should i do to get shutdown, i dont need sleep

• 2 months later...