650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

yes i believe i ran into that IOKItWAIT stall. as posted here....

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry623260

dunno bout the SATA as i am running on an IDE HD. but going back into and editing the geForce.kext and adding the new key / string in fixed it for me. the stall was gone on my very next reboot and has not come back

so I reinstalled again using iatkos. Got it to work with qeci using nvinject. Editted geforce, nvdanv50, nvdaresman and it worked perfectly. Installed kalyupdater 10.5.2 and it takes a lot longer to boot but eventually it gets in and works like normally with QECI. It looks like it gets in but it is still stuck in the console. But if you wait al little longer it will move on to the desktop. Here are the last three lines: applenforceata: fouind 0 units. kextd[10]IOKitWaitQuiet() time out waiting to write kernel symbols, applenforceata: found 0 units. Did you ever have this issue MrRoper? Thanks.

well MrRoper. Thanks to you it works. I appreciate the help. I'm thinking about writing a guide, a new one cause things have changed since last time I tried installing it. ;) Thanks again buddy. Adding the IOPCIClassMatch worked perfectly. Did you change any kexts to make it more stable? Last thing, where did u get the speedstep kernel, I downloaded all the kernels from chaos86 but only one of them is efi. So I take it the speedstep one isnt efi? System froze when using time machine was wondering if I should change a patched acpiplatform or smbios etc or even the speedstep kernel.

hellooo....

i did the tuorial....and now i have leopard 10.5.1 on my striker extreme (680i) running...

its ok...at all no full supported audio and no onboard LAN.....

sometimes i get freezer.....so is there a way to see in a log what exactly cause the freeze??

i dont know what it is?

and i can only use a usb stick if its sticked in before booting osx????

some knows these problems....

Hi, Thanks everyone, I never thought I can do this. I need HELP.... I instal Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway.I Have a Q6600 in a IN9 MAX 32 (nforce 680i) + Geforce 8800 640 GTS + 4 gb RAM, Realtek ALC 888 sound. I could instal everything but the 4 cores. I update to Leopard 10.5.2 with Kalyway Combo, but I HAVE to boot with cpus=1. I think I dont know how to install Golden Patch. This will gonna work with 10.5.2? I had to install Leopard Kalyway like 10 times to have this work, so I don want to have to install one more time.

PLEASE help a Noob that have bad english (I think I follow mistakes paths..)

Anyway sorry my bad english. Thank you and regards from Chile

Well, I installed the kalyway 10.5.2 update successfully, and then was able to boot without any problems (no 5min spinning cursor or anything). But my network still fails after like 5-10minutes or after I download something that maxes out the connection. ;) So, I guess I'm back where I started. This is a shame, because it is running really well, minus the network issues!

Edit: Got it working! ;) Now I am on 10.5.2 with all hardware supported! ;)

Apparently I jumped the gun a bit with my edit. My network fails if my processor maxes out for a little while (ie. when I load itunes, the network dies within like 2 or 3 minutes). So, anybody else still working on this stuff? ;) Oh, and recently I have gotten two or three lockups when using iWeb, and I can't get iMovie to open at all. So there are definitely still some problems. :(

Apparently I jumped the gun a bit with my edit. My network fails if my processor maxes out for a little while (ie. when I load itunes, the network dies within like 2 or 3 minutes). So, anybody else still working on this stuff? :huh: Oh, and recently I have gotten two or three lockups when using iWeb, and I can't get iMovie to open at all. So there are definitely still some problems. :)
what kind of connections are you using, since both wireless and nforcelan in osx suck ... but rtl 8135 rocks!
Apparently I jumped the gun a bit with my edit. My network fails if my processor maxes out for a little while (ie. when I load itunes, the network dies within like 2 or 3 minutes). So, anybody else still working on this stuff? :) Oh, and recently I have gotten two or three lockups when using iWeb, and I can't get iMovie to open at all. So there are definitely still some problems. :)
what kind of connections are you using, since both wireless and nforcelan in osx suck ... but rtl 8135 rocks!
Apparently I jumped the gun a bit with my edit. My network fails if my processor maxes out for a little while (ie. when I load itunes, the network dies within like 2 or 3 minutes). So, anybody else still working on this stuff? :) Oh, and recently I have gotten two or three lockups when using iWeb, and I can't get iMovie to open at all. So there are definitely still some problems. :huh:

Hi, Thanks everyone, I never thought I can do this. I need HELP.... I instal Leopard 10.5.1 Kalyway.I Have a Q6600 in a IN9 MAX 32 (nforce 680i) + Geforce 8800 640 GTS + 4 gb RAM, Realtek ALC 888 sound. I could instal everything but the 4 cores. I update to Leopard 10.5.2 with Kalyway Combo, but I HAVE to boot with cpus=1. I think I dont know how to install Golden Patch. This will gonna work with 10.5.2? I had to install Leopard Kalyway like 10 times to have this work, so I don want to have to install one more time.

PLEASE help a Noob that have bad english (I think I follow mistakes paths..)

Anyway sorry my bad english. Thank you and regards from Chile

If you have a nforce motherboard you need to get 10.5 nforce kernel or 10.5.1 nforce kernel depending on what os x is installed. 10.5 nforce kernel for 10.5 system and 10.5.1 nforce kernel for 10.5.1 system. you can get the kernel zip on irc irc.moofspeak.net /list or irc.osx86.hu /list list the channels for description and go there and type !kernel.

if you cant find it send me a message ill email you the kernels.

If you have a nforce motherboard you need to get 10.5 nforce kernel or 10.5.1 nforce kernel depending on what os x is installed. 10.5 nforce kernel for 10.5 system and 10.5.1 nforce kernel for 10.5.1 system. you can get the kernel zip on irc irc.moofspeak.net /list or irc.osx86.hu /list list the channels for description and go there and type !kernel.

if you cant find it send me a message ill email you the kernels.

i installed the 10.5 TOH RC2 image and then made the update + golden path like in the first post (tutorial)

do i now have the nforce kernel?

or do i have to install it? where can i see if i already have installed the nforce kernel?

thx...

NFORCE Kernel for 10.5 and 10.5.1

click on the link

http://home.graffiti.net/kilopopo/OSX/P5N-...nForce-10-5.zip

copy and paste the link

http://home.graffiti.net/kilopopo/OSX/P5N-E-SLI/mach_nForce-910-10-5-1.zip

tell me if it works.

no need for cpus=1

it lets you boot with all cpus

kernel installation guide: http://forum.osxx86.info/showthread.php?t=628

@Kilopopo

ty :D

but does anyone knows if the "TOH RC" version already had this kernel?

i mean how can i see what kernel is installed?

try

uname -a

or

uname -r

as root

and then it would tell you. xnu version is the vanilla kernel toh version is the toh one

• 2 weeks later...

Back from my long trip and since have used kalywaycomboupdate to get to 10.5.2, used the included system.kext and netkas 9.2.0 kernel.

It is working great! The ONLY problem is occassionally my wireless will just stop working and I have to unload the offending kext and reload it. 3 Days now and it has been solid other then that...

Contemplating adding a MAC PRO to the family :)

Hi I have kalyway 10.5.1 installed and 9.1 nforce kernel.

When I enabled 4 cores no "cpus=1" I dont get kernel panic however when after a while using leopard I get mouse problems. The mouse problem only occurs when 4 cores are enabled.

The mouse either responds very slow or the cursor moves opposite direction to where the mouse is headed.

I get the mouse problem when 4 cores are enabled and it occurs after running leopard for about some time or if I open resource demanding applications.

can someone help me please?

Finally I have installed MAC on my system

Kalyway 10.5.2 Kernel 9.2 working...

ToH 10.5.1 Kernel 9.1 working too... didnt try to update to 10.5.2 but it may work

and it wasnt so hard to install and update so give a try... good luck!

:(

but all 4 cores are not working, I just download new AppleSMBIOS-27 from netkas, I will try later... I'm looking for iGuru's or mac.nub version, I tried to download it from mac.nub's website but the link is not working

NOW ALL 4 CORES ARE WORKING... YEAHHHHHHHHH

BUT NFORCEAETHERNET NOT GOOD, KEXT FREEZES MAC!! BE AWARE

• XFX nForce 680i SLI
    Core2Quad 6600
    4 GB OCZ Flex
    HDD 250 GB SATA (medevil)
    HDD 500 GB SATA
    HDD 80 GB IDE
    DVD Writer Plextor SATA
    CDROM IDE
    8800 Ultra 768 mb (working yayyyy nvinject 0.1.3)
    Audio onboard (working alc885 dump)
    Network onboard (detects but doesnt work)
    M-Audio FireWire 410 (working very nice!)
    NetGear FA310TX (not working dont know why, I'll keep looking for a driver)

OT: Well I got a MACPRO yesterday! I also had a linksys card laying around that was Broadcomm and replaced the Atheros card I was using. Now my Hackintosh is running great (but no working sleep). I passed it to the kids as their main computer and got the wife & I a Mac Pro. The Mac Pro locks up more then my Hack does! Something to do with the video card... anyways trying to figure BootCamp out now and installing another OS for the MP.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, I now have a working hackintosh; I used TOH RC2 DVD, golden kernel, followed by Kalyway's 10.5.2 combo update and now have an almost perfectly working hackintosh. I have a BFG 680i motherboard, 1.8ghz core2duo, 2 GB Ram, 2 x 320GB ide hd, 1 x 40GB sata hd, and 2 x ide dvd-rw drives. It's sad to see this thread loose activity though, there was alot accomplished here. Now all I need is to get onboard lan, and audio input working so I can use my mic.