650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

excellent, thank you for clearing that up for me, appreciate the overview, it helps definatly

I have been reading and reading and reading for months now and doing my best with the pieces of info that apply for me. Unfortunately i'm learning backwards as i have no linux/unix experience really. So i'm visualizing my goal and then researching on how to achieve it. It's a struggle for me yes, because i lack the information i need, i've resorted to trial and error (can't expect one person to coddle me through the entire process) but i did manage to get 10.5.1 working on my machine.... but once i get something working i can assure you i will not forget how i got there :( but i'm also using time machine backups to restore when they fail on me.

at any rate, its more excitement than anything, my 8800GT G92 is artifacting and glitching with NVinject v31 and v32 so i'm dying to have a native driver for it

PS. I've successfully shot off my own feet. I have to walk on my hands now

just to clarify for you guys,

on nforce chipsets (excluding some old ones) you can never use a vanilla kernel aka untouched original kernel!!! it works only through kernel patching, but than you do not call it vanilla kernel, as it will have old scheduler function from 8.8.1 (10.4.8) kernel, and rest from 9.0.0 kernel (10.5.0)... it is mixture of some kernels and some little adjustments...

because of the new scheduler function in kernel 8.9.1 and over versions, you cant use stock kernels and some other stock stuffs...

and why is the rush for 10.5.2 anyway? most of you dont know how to install a kext and try to do a completely new update on a working system, trying to shoot your own foot... if u ever try a new update, it should be on a backedup/restored partition not on your main working one... some guys always want to learn the truth the hard way although been told.... ^_^

excellent, thank you for clearing that up for me, appreciate the overview, it helps definatly

i m preparing a guide for the new patch for iAtkos 1.0i + (r2+r3) and howtos and most important basics, that anyone should know before touching their hands on any osx... because many people around here, are very lazy to read, and therefore missing most important stuff... trust me giving the baddest headache as well... once you understand the basics, majority of the stuffs you need to do or look for a re very very very easy actually... as long as there is information, you will catch the stuff much quicker than you think and fixing stuff will be just enjoying as reinstalling an entire system... of course some of us will not get perfect/full answers and shouldnt expect it in a split second, must learn to be patient as well... thats why I am preparing a full new guide (probably there are many out there, but it will be for my topic so wheter you like it or not, you will have to read it so that you will appreciate the importance of it in the future, as time goes by... :()

trying to finish the basics guide and than next will be installation guide for new r3 (will include all nforce boot and install stuffs) i will try to make it available in the quickes way possible... just keep watching here, and also on my own topic, once the guides finished, i will make a full new topic starting with basics guide and followed by installation guide... but remember please, do not expect everything to be fully perfect, since we all call this thing hackintosh, we must full understand the concept and appreciate the efforts...

r3 dvd had some typo issues and being fixed, iatkos team is trying to finish and wrap it up as quickly as possible... so please be patient a bit, also do not rush/jump on new stuffs as old stuffs are barelly working ok, dont shoot off your own foot... being smart a$$ requires a bit of knowledge...

TY i'll be looking forward to it. but do not always assume that no one is reading. we're all human, its possible to miss something in the countless posts or get mixed up about something.

When you (I) don't know what's correct to begin with, its not always easy to tell what's incorrect or what applies to my specific situtation, and we're all trying to figure things out along the way. So for every piece of info i come across, i still have to verify whether it works for me anyway. I've been doin NOTHING but reading for 3 months now, its how i even got this far. After all as you said, this is a hackintosh, it implies some trial and error

thanks again to all your and everyone else's efforts!

TY i'll be looking forward to it. but do not always assume that no one is reading. we're all human, its possible to miss something in the countless posts or get mixed up about something.

When you (I) don't know what's correct to begin with, its not always easy to tell what's incorrect or what applies to my specific situtation, and we're all trying to figure things out along the way. So for every piece of info i come across, i still have to verify whether it works for me anyway. I've been doin NOTHING but reading for 3 months now, its how i even got this far. After all as you said, this is a hackintosh, it implies some trial and error

thanks again to all your and everyone else's efforts!

dont take it personal mate, i m just talking in general, of course everyone makes mistakes, i myself couple of times wiped my disks off during installations... missing simple steps, but thats one thing, and learning from your mistakes is that helps us later... but some people ignores everything you say, and screws up everything, and come back to you and say, oh i did everything but it doesnt work, or blame you for not helping, or giving wrong information... etc etc, if u received as much message as me, you would appreciate what i am saying :(

like i said, what i said above is in general and doesnt apply to everyone of course... let me give you one example:

someone came and ask me my wifi is not working, i want it to work, help me urgent please... like e meteor is gonna crash to earth, anyways, i ask the guy, what is your wifi? and dev id?, he said i dont know, why do i need it anyway, i just want it work, minute:1 score:1, how can i help this person? i tell him how to check the dev id in windows, he reads what i say and say oh it s too much hassle isnt there any easier way... (the hassle is to open your dev manager and check your wifi's properties/resources/hardware ids) what shall I say?

another guy in an irc channel. i used your dvd, and it doesnt work, why? what is your system specs? it s a laptop! minute:1 score:1 how will u help this guy? come on help me! at the same time i m helping some other guys, he is just impatient, hey help meee! isnt this the channel for the dvd, why are you not helping me, you bla bla bla people... how shall u continue with this guy?

another guy actually from here, i wont name him, also on my topic, he asked help i told him the information, he kept on pm ing me about problems with every single hardware on his computer, cpu, hdds, nics, sound think of everything... i showed him the way... he kept on PMing me, i said look stop PMing me i am not gonna answer anymore... just read around a bit, and he started posting on my topic, asking things about beyond my control, told him where to look for the information, he started swearing at me... what shall you do in this situation?

and go through any irc channel related, you will see people every min asking help that they updated to 10.5.2 and systems are not working anymore...

these are very simple ones... and from the simplest examples, i hope you get an idea what kind of people that we "me" or "anyone" with a little knowledge like me trying to to help to...

someone came and ask me my wifi is not working, i want it to work, help me urgent please... like e meteor is gonna crash to earth, anyways, i ask the guy, what is your wifi? and dev id?, he said i dont know, why do i need it anyway, i just want it work, minute:1 score:1, how can i help this person? i tell him how to check the dev id in windows, he reads what i say and say oh it s too much hassle isnt there any easier way... (the hassle is to open your dev manager and check your wifi's properties/resources/hardware ids) what shall I say?

lol, reminds me of work. Actually i understand & your right , i can't tell you how many posts i ran across over the last 3 months saying, "kalyway or iatkos not working! please help it freezes my pc, no system specs posted, no description of what they tried or what version they were using, either that or flat out demanding help from people, which obviously didnt get a good response.....

lol, reminds me of work. Actually i understand & your right , i can't tell you how many posts i ran across over the last 3 months saying, "kalyway or iatkos not working! please help it freezes my pc, no system specs posted, no description of what they tried or what version they were using, either that or flat out demanding help from people, which obviously didnt get a good response.....

thats exactly the type of people i m talking about... thats why sometimes its hard to keep calm, and be very patient.... esp when you run across 10-20 pep in a row like this, you sometimes do not realize one guy asking propar question, sometimes pity guys gets burned mixed up with these type people... ;)

no one is perfect nor any hackintosh...

does the patched 9.2 kernel by modbin, from TPB work with nfoce mobo?

Update:just tested the modbin 9.2 kernel on nfoce mobo. it works only with 1 core enabled, if you enable more than 1 core it gets kernel panic. i guess we need a 9.2 nforce kernel for multiple cores

EDIT:using the old 10.5.1 Nforce kernel with the new 10.5.2 update result in 3-5 mins black screen during startup. but both cores work;

using the 9.2 modbin kernel with new 10.5.2 update result in no black screen delay during startup. but only 1 core work

did you guys know any differences have been made on the hacked kalyway update,

although i have been updated to 10.5.2, i wanna know if there is any modified kext there :) thanks

-------------------------------------------

@Jae-v@mysticus

are you two in irc chat?

Hi Have the same setup as you do

q6600

p5n32esli

2gb ram

ide hd 250

sata dvd burner

have d/l ToH_x86_9A581_RC2.iso burnt it to disk 4x

booted with -v -f -x -legacy cpus=1

all i get is still waiting for root device (needed a ide rom solved). a

now i updates the boot config as per instruction.

boot it with -v -legacy cpus=1 it get to the start of the gui and then it stop Grey screen with mouse courser.

i am stuck again help please

all help would be appreciated

Hamb0ne did you use the 10.5.1 kernel from 10.5.1 kalyway and then copy it back once 10.5.2 was installed?

thanks!

umm no. the kalyway hacked update doesnt install the 10.5.2 kernel so your old one will stay there. but you might get a long delay after the circle stop spinning(at bootup) because of the old kernel. we just need the nforce 9.2 kernel to be able to use all cores w/o causing the delay.

you can download a separate kernel pkg by kalyway from TPB too.

good to know, TY for posting....

Whoo hoo, finally got my NVinject working!! , now i can boot normally & all specs show up properly ;)

kalyway 10.5.2combo update installed fine, i installed apple graphics update1.0 and it shelled my install. I did try to remove NVinject as i did in the past which always solved the issue, this time i removed NVinject and i got all sorts of errors during verbose boot including kernel panic in the end which i could not get around.

I tried to recover but decided it was easier to restore from time machine .

gonna try later tonight to install 10.5.2 and apple graphics update 1.0 and then NVinject as the last step to see if that makes any difference.

EDIT: It worked ! woohooo. Everything works ! now i have the spinning hashmarks freezing issue from the old kernel. workin on that problem http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87254

Update:just tested the modbin 9.2 kernel on nfoce mobo. it works only with 1 core enabled, if you enable more than 1 core it gets kernel panic. i guess we need a 9.2 nforce kernel for multiple core

EDIT:using the old 10.5.1 Nforce kernel with the new 10.5.2 update result in 3-5 mins black screen during startup. but both cores work;

using the 9.2 modbin kernel with new 10.5.2 update result in no black screen delay during startup. but only 1 core work

I just installed Kalyway 10.5.1 fresh and in system info it tells me my processor is a 750mhz core 2 duo when it should say 3ghz. Does anyone know what thats about. I'm hoping I dont have to install the golden kernel like i did with ToH 10.5.0, because that kernel doesnt work properly. Can anyone help out?