650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

we've made a lot of strides over the past week. the one thing that kills me on this system is diskarb.

What can we do to fix/ remove the diskarb issue?

dunno there, are you dissatisfied that its slow or is your system not booting cuz of it?

guys try this to remove diskarb::

Boot -s, mount / in rw mode (mount -uw /) and remove this file (with rm command) /etc/rc.installer_cleanup

i found this in a post written by netkas

have ya tried it?..

Yeah I'm so damn tired of Vista on my rig, and feel much more at home on my MBP, I'd love to get this on my EVGA 680i with full support. Right now, it seems that the SATA drives are a big problem, and the Quad core is also a possible problem. It sounds like onboard networking is solved?

I admit I know next to nothing about installing Leopard on a hackintosh. My only experience was a JaS release on an old Dell Dimension, which actually worked quite well.

If anyone starts a DVD and wants a tester, the basics of my rig are:

EVGA 680i

XFX 8800

4 GB Corsair Dominator

Quad Core

SB Audigy

1 TB SATA RAID storage

2x 74 GB SATA RAID Raptors

2x Lite-On SATA DVD burners

17 in 1 flash card reader.

I'll gladly scrap my Vista installation to make the rig a test system for those more talented in the actual DVD building. Wish I could help more... still learning this stuff.

I think it would be great if the forums could add a Wiki post as the second post (like at slickdeals.net) so that collaboration on a solution could be kept updated without sifting through 14 pages of threads. It would certainly help streamline the process of what works/what doesn't.

im annoyed coz its real slow, i just found out my system was running even slower coz i bought an ide hdd with only 2mb cache but i'll get that sorted tomorrow. No i haven't but netkas posted it as a possible fix. http://netkas.freeflux.net/blog/archive/20...g.html#commentsunstatusthequo we're in the same shoes. you're going to need an ide dvd drive and an ide hdd drive to install leopard on your system

Yeah I'm so damn tired of Vista on my rig, and feel much more at home on my MBP, I'd love to get this on my EVGA 680i with full support. Right now, it seems that the SATA drives are a big problem, and the Quad core is also a possible problem. It sounds like onboard networking is solved?

I admit I know next to nothing about installing Leopard on a hackintosh. My only experience was a JaS release on an old Dell Dimension, which actually worked quite well.

If anyone starts a DVD and wants a tester, the basics of my rig are:

EVGA 680i

XFX 8800

4 GB Corsair Dominator

Quad Core

SB Audigy

1 TB SATA RAID storage

2x 74 GB SATA RAID Raptors

2x Lite-On SATA DVD burners

17 in 1 flash card reader.

I'll gladly scrap my Vista installation to make the rig a test system for those more talented in the actual DVD building. Wish I could help more... still learning this stuff.

I think it would be great if the forums could add a Wiki post as the second post (like at slickdeals.net) so that collaboration on a solution could be kept updated without sifting through 14 pages of threads. It would certainly help streamline the process of what works/what doesn't.

Your rig'll work quite well *leopard* on an ide drive with all cores networking now has a fix and sata is read only...which 8800?

Download the adobeCS3antiCrash.zip file from a certain bay. It includes a video that shows you how to patch all of the CS3 files to work and the files necessary. I use Photoshop and Dreamweaver daily after patching them in this way.

Thank you. That worked perfectly for the files included. What about the other applications in the CS3 Master Suite? Do they have anti-crash files created for them?

Thank you. That worked perfectly for the files included. What about the other applications in the CS3 Master Suite? Do they have anti-crash files created for them?

Dunno, maybe do some searching around. Those covered everything I use, so I didn't look harder.

Found this thread on diskard maybe it can help us out: http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t32299.html

Ok guys the point is we need to make this motherboard as compatible as possible. How?

If we improve/remove the ide diskarb issue we'll have quicker boot times.

But better yet we should try and resolve the sata/read write issue to at least have our systems running on sata drives and at optimum speeds.

Can someone outline the tools we need to start kext editing?

Thanks guys

Found this thread on diskard maybe it can help us out: http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t32299.html

Ok guys the point is we need to make this motherboard as compatible as possible. How?

If we improve/remove the ide diskarb issue we'll have quicker boot times.

But better yet we should try and resolve the sata/read write issue to at least have our systems running on sata drives and at optimum speeds.

Can someone outline the tools we need to start kext editing?

Thanks guys

you gotta play some pc games right?....our systems are similar, what do ya play? im seriously thinkin of selling my 640 for the much better and cheaper GT

Anyone having problems with iPhone/iPod recognition after the system is booted. If I connect my iPhone before the system boots, its recognized properly. But if I connect it after the system has booted, it does not recognize it nor does it charge the iPhone. Seems to me those USB ports which has nothing connected while booting are dead once the system is up. Any ideas?

Anyone having problems with iPhone/iPod recognition after the system is booted. If I connect my iPhone before the system boots, its recognized properly. But if I connect it after the system has booted, it does not recognize it nor does it charge the iPhone. Seems to me those USB ports which has nothing connected while booting are dead once the system is up. Any ideas?

Never mind. Got it working.

lol great cuz i had no clue...how well does your xbox live cam work? take pretty good shots?

I just had to remove the AppleMobileDevice framework and re-install iTunes and that did the trick. As for the Xbox 360 live cam, it works pretty well on Leopard. Takes nice stills and is great with iChat or Skype if you use it. Works out of the box. Highly recommended.

I just had to remove the AppleMobileDevice framework and re-install iTunes and that did the trick. As for the Xbox 360 live cam, it works pretty well on Leopard. Takes nice stills and is great with iChat or Skype if you use it. Works out of the box. Highly recommended.

o really, i need one to work with ichat..my nx6000 works with photobooth but i get the "still in use by another application" error when i try it with ichat or any other apps...my cam also took alot better still shots with tiger than it does in leopard...

maybe i can modify something :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks man appreciate it. Works great. Any of you notice the slow speeds when transferring from an external usb drive?

If any of you guys are having problems with slow speed or sluggish system performance while transfering huge data or installing programs or when you only have one core working, you will have to add (deviceId,vendorId) of your IDE controller to your AppleNForceATA.kext's info.plist.

This is how you find out the device Id and vendor Id.

1. If you have running Linux, great boot in to linux or download SysRescueCd, burn it and boot off your PC with that disc.

2. Run this command lspci -nn in the terminal.

3. It will have output something like this.

alok@AloksUbuntu:~$ lspci -nn

00:00.0 Host bridge: nVidia Corporation C55 Host Bridge (rev a2)

00:00.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:00.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:00.3 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:00.4 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:00.5 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a2)

00:00.6 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:00.7 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:01.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:01.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:01.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:01.3 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:01.4 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:01.5 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:01.6 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:02.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:02.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:02.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation C55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:03.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation C55 PCI Express bridge (rev a1)

00:09.0 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation MCP55 Memory Controller (rev a1)

00:0a.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP55 LPC Bridge (rev a2)

00:0a.1 SMBus: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SMBus (rev a2)

00:0b.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP55 USB Controller (rev a1)

00:0b.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP55 USB Controller (rev a2)

00:0d.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 IDE [10de:036e] (rev a1)

00:0e.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SATA Controller (rev a2)

00:0e.1 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SATA Controller (rev a2)

00:0e.2 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SATA Controller (rev a2)

00:0f.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP55 PCI bridge (rev a2)

00:0f.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP55 High Definition Audio (rev a2)

00:11.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP55 Ethernet (rev a2)

00:12.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP55 Ethernet (rev a2)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G80 [GeForce 8800 GTX] (rev a2)

02:09.0 Class ff00: AGEIA Technologies, Inc. Physics Processing Unit [PhysX]

02:0a.0 PCI bridge: Hint Corp HB6 Universal PCI-PCI bridge (non-transparent mode) (rev 11)

03:08.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

03:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)

4. The line we are interested in is highlighed bold. At the end we have [10de:036e]. The first value is Vendor ID and the Second one is Device Id.

5. The value we will be entering in the AppleNForceATA.kext's info.plist would be 0xDeviceIdVendorId. In my case it is 0x036e10de.

4. So login as root.

6. So go to System/Library/Extensions.

7. Right Click on AppleNForceATA.kext and view Contents.

8. Double click info.plist.

9. Add your 0xDeviceIdVendorId under AppleNforcePATA IOPCIMATCH or IOPCIPersonalities string. It is something like that, I dont remember. You will get it once you open it.

10. Save it.

11. chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

12. chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleNForceATA.kext

13. rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext or diskutil repairpermissions.

14. Reboot leopard with -f flag.

15. Your system should be blazing fast now.

People with evga 680i SLI mobo will have same device id and vendor id as mine. So you can use this 0x036e10de string directly.

I get around 50MB/s copy speed.