650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

What instructions did you follow? When booting the ToH image did you boot it with a core disabled and in safe mode? boot flag? cpus=1 -x -v? Im almost positive thats the probMostly everyone in this thread is running perfectly fine with the ToH image.

I did use the cpus=0 -x -v function. I will try the cpus=1 function in about 10 mins :) Unfortunatly I cant disable cores in my bios. Thxz for the help so far!

I did use the cpus=0 -x -v function. I will try the cpus=1 function in about 10 mins :P Unfortunatly I cant disable cores in my bios. Thxz for the help so far!

I've followed the weekender's guide and also the netroller's guide and i have installed leopard. If you want, you can install the 2 tiger, with the aim of vmware :) bye!

I've followed the weekender's guide and also the netroller's guide and i have installed leopard. If you want, you can install the 2 tiger, with the aim of vmware :) bye!

Hey,

Can you give a good guide how you got everything running including EFI and all ?

I have the same board as you :D

Thanks

Just when I think I'm getting somewhere.

I finally get another IDE drive on which to install tiger and run the post patch to my Leopard install and I get a Cannot find Mach_Kernel when I try to boot to my post patched Leopard install - and yes, I could boot to my Leopard install prior to running the post patch. Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks,

gator

guys, i've installed final cut studio 2, and all apps, except for final cut pro 6.00, start and work like a charm...whern final cut pro 6 start, after the loading of the .bundle, it close :( how i can run and use it???

First I installed tiger with just the intel kernel selected. Then updated leopard with tohrc2. Didn't run the postpatch, instead I used kalyways bootcd so I could make it bootable and used with the vista bootloader. Then I installed the kexts such as the sound I used mikes linux sound dump to get all the sound working, nvinject (edit geforce.kext, nvdaresman.kext, and nvdanv60hal.kext) and marvins amd utility to get the graphics card working. Updated to 10.5.1 by replacing all the files except the mach_kernel in the 10.5.1 dmg. Then in the golden folder, u will see a bunch of kext files which i replaced with the originals and the mach_kernel from the golden package. Set it to boot the golden kernel and it works with 4 cores. Then I replaced the applesmbios and I did not need to crack any of the adobe applications. Final cut pro didn't work at first unless I removed Apple Qmaster framework. Now all thats missing is the network card. The onboard network still has issues with kernel panics and screen freeze, as in the mouse and keyboard do not respond by looks like the system is still functioning according to istats.

// I thought the postpatch was only necessary if you were using brazilmacs or something? Each time I installed tiger first and then upgraded to leopard it would boot with no problems. Only used the bootcd cause I couldnt get the vista bootloader to function. It gave me an hfs+ error at first so I guess the cd solved it.

Hey guys,

I have been trying to get leopard working for the past 4 days, i think i am nearly insane now! First question, everyone reporting that they can install the JAS 10.4.8 DVD w/o a problem...are you guys using an IDE DVD-ROM? Whenever I try to boot the uphuck 10.4.9 dvd's or the JAS 10.4.8 I get a "still waiting for root device" if I use my SATA dvdrom. But my evga 680i only has one IDE port, so running the hdd and dvdrom on the same IDE cable really kills the performance (the install would take like 2 hours lol). So please guys, let me in on your secret :smoke:

Also, I have had varied success getting the ToH dvd to install by itself (I can actually use a sata dvdrom on that :)). Sometimes it is bootable, sometimes it just sits there with a blinking cursor. I tried a method mentioned early in the thread, of booting the JAS dvd, creating the partition (b/c it is bootable), then switching to the ToH dvd and installing on the JAS partition. This worked well, but when I try to boot it always shows the Apple screen with the loading indicator, then it says I need to reboot my computer. This never stops! When I try to boot with -x -v -legacy cpus=1, it freezes just after starting ocspd. I'm not even sure what that is. One time, Leopard actually booted correctly (I have no idea what I did or didn't do (i'm pretty sure the dvd was in the drive, so it booted the right partition, but i didn't put in any variables like -x -v, and yet it booted, but as soon as I rebooted it was broken again :boxing:)) Anyways, I really hope you guys can help, I am at my whits end!

Thanks for all your help so far in this thread guys! :)

@ JAE-Vi'm follow the guide in this 3d, and now i've a hackintosh near to perfection, but with the kernel in the golden pkg i've a problem with my generic pci ethernet adapter, after 10 minutes lost the connection...what can i do?
had the same issue, so i went wireless. im currently using the built in adapter by mike *link in sig*...its still in beta stages and only freezes up when you utilize both cores i'd give it a shot til he's fully done fine tuning it....it works perfectly fine if you boot flag cpus=1 r just use one app at a time because of threading issues at the moment.
claud3: Tried em, I get kernel panics and system freezes when under heavy load using the driver.
its due to cpu threading issues...its being worked on, if you "must" use it, boot with one core
Anyone know of any out of the box wired network cards that work in leopard? I'm desperate lol.
belkin usb wirless adapter either of the FD models..."dark gray ones" 29.99
andyph666 our evga 680i's onboard entwrk card works 100% well with leopard : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73317
not quite a 100%
Just when I think I'm getting somewhere.I finally get another IDE drive on which to install tiger and run the post patch to my Leopard install and I get a Cannot find Mach_Kernel when I try to boot to my post patched Leopard install - and yes, I could boot to my Leopard install prior to running the post patch. Can someone help me out with this?Thanks,gator
something went wrong in your post patch....check your boot.plist file \Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration and check what the name is of the kernel its pointing to and make sure you have a kernel in your main directory with the same name "caps and space sensitive"
guys, i've installed final cut studio 2, and all apps, except for final cut pro 6.00, start and work like a charm...whern final cut pro 6 start, after the loading of the .bundle, it close :boxing: how i can run and use it???
install with pacifist
Hey guys,I have been trying to get leopard working for the past 4 days, i think i am nearly insane now! First question, everyone reporting that they can install the JAS 10.4.8 DVD w/o a problem...are you guys using an IDE DVD-ROM? Whenever I try to boot the uphuck 10.4.9 dvd's or the JAS 10.4.8 I get a "still waiting for root device" if I use my SATA dvdrom. But my evga 680i only has one IDE port, so running the hdd and dvdrom on the same IDE cable really kills the performance (the install would take like 2 hours lol). So please guys, let me in on your secret :) Also, I have had varied success getting the ToH dvd to install by itself (I can actually use a sata dvdrom on that :) ). Sometimes it is bootable, sometimes it just sits there with a blinking cursor. I tried a method mentioned early in the thread, of booting the JAS dvd, creating the partition (b/c it is bootable), then switching to the ToH dvd and installing on the JAS partition. This worked well, but when I try to boot it always shows the Apple screen with the loading indicator, then it says I need to reboot my computer. This never stops! When I try to boot with -x -v -legacy cpus=1, it freezes just after starting ocspd. I'm not even sure what that is. One time, Leopard actually booted correctly (I have no idea what I did or didn't do (i'm pretty sure the dvd was in the drive, so it booted the right partition, but i didn't put in any variables like -x -v, and yet it booted, but as soon as I rebooted it was broken again :smoke: )) Anyways, I really hope you guys can help, I am at my whits end! Thanks for all your help so far in this thread guys! :)
your definitely gonna need ide devices, we all know their slow and they suck but they work..and seems like you were using solotitan's method? it was kinda brief i'd ask him. you can also make it alot easier on yourself since your having problems by installing that ToH image you have over a tiger install...your system boots with the -x -v because your problem is video drivers....you'll need to install some once you boot with that -x -v command which takes u into safe mode...or if you dont have drivers just copy the NVResman.kext to your my documents and delete it outta your extension folder and you'll b able to boot

something went wrong in your post patch....check your boot.plist file \Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration and check what the name is of the kernel its pointing to and make sure you have a kernel in your main directory with the same name

Thanks. I assume I should boot the tiger hd and check the boot.plist file on the leopard install, is that correct? What do I do if the kernal is not of the same name or not there? Sorry, but I'm Mac challenged.

your definitely gonna need ide devices, we all know their slow and they suck but they work..and seems like you were using solotitan's method? it was kinda brief i'd ask him. you can also make it alot easier on yourself since your having problems by installing that ToH image you have over a tiger install...your system boots with the -x -v because your problem is video drivers....you'll need to install some once you boot with that -x -v command which takes u into safe mode...or if you dont have drivers just copy the NVResman.kext to your my documents and delete it outta your extension folder and you'll b able to boot

Excellent, thanks! I am installing the uphuck 10.4.9 now, hopefully this will boot successfully and then I can focus on getting ToH to install and boot :boxing: are you referring to NVinject for video drivers?

Thanks. I assume I should boot the tiger hd and check the boot.plist file on the leopard install, is that correct? What do I do if the kernal is not of the same name or not there? Sorry, but I'm Mac challenged.
the only thing you should look for is the name "Mach_kernel" and check the main directory of your leo install and see if the kernel is infact the same name with identical caps and spaces....you can check or change the name accordingly using an existing tiger install or using MacDrive in windows
Excellent, thanks! I am installing the uphuck 10.4.9 now, hopefully this will boot successfully and then I can focus on getting ToH to install and boot :boxing: are you referring to NVinject for video drivers?
yup, you have an 8800?...if so grab that 0.1.3 installer and run it once you boot with -x -v reboot and post here your results

yup, you have an 8800?...if so grab that 0.1.3 installer and run it once you boot with -x -v reboot and post here your results

I have an 8600GTS.

Well, the 10.4.9 installed successfully, but I'm getting a kernel panic when i try to boot in safe mode. I can never tell whats causing the panic either. Is there a certain thing I should look for so i can tell you guys whats causing the panic? I hate panics! lol :angel:

I have an 8600GTS. Well, the 10.4.9 installed successfully, but I'm getting a kernel panic when i try to boot in safe mode. I can never tell whats causing the panic either. Is there a certain thing I should look for so i can tell you guys whats causing the panic? I hate panics! lol :angel:
your card isnt supported any way you'll have no qe/ci or resolution changing ability....have another one? lol
I have an 8600GTS. Well, the 10.4.9 installed successfully, but I'm getting a kernel panic when i try to boot in safe mode. I can never tell whats causing the panic either. Is there a certain thing I should look for so i can tell you guys whats causing the panic? I hate panics! lol :P
and 10.4.9 image doesnt work mate....its all over this thread that you need the JaS 10.4.8 image...you can update afterwards

your card isnt supported any way you'll have no qe/ci or resolution changing ability....have another one? loland 10.4.9 image doesnt work mate....its all over this thread that you need the JaS 10.4.8 image...you can update afterwards

lol, just my luck. I didn't realize it wasn't supported. I also have a geforce 7600GT. Is that card supported by chance? I am installing the JAS 10.4.8 image now *crosses fingers*. Thanks again for your help JaE-V! :angel:

install with pacifist

What does it mean that i have to install with pacifist? all the apps of final cut studio 2 functions, except for final cut pro 6.00 that after loading the .bundle crash...Tell me how you have it to work...I have QuickTime 7.3, it's this that cause the problem?