650 and 680i chipset thread...

JaE-V

931 posts in this topic

I have finally installed leo on my pc following the weekender's guide..i have also enabled the qe/ci on my ultra but....it is recognized as an Unknown Nvidia of 256MB!!!! :( now what i have to do???

Most probably you have Natit drivers along with NVInject. Just remove Natit and it would recognize it properly.

Most probably you have Natit drivers along with NVInject. Just remove Natit and it would recognize it properly.

I havent the natit drivers, because i havent installed it...i have just followed the weekender's guide.

I have an another question. i have installed the kext for the network, as said by MikeInIns, but when i run safari and start to navigate, appears the message, that i have to restart the computer. What's the problem?

I havent the natit drivers, because i havent installed it...i have just followed the weekender's guide.

I have an another question. i have installed the kext for the network, as said by MikeInIns, but when i run safari and start to navigate, appears the message, that i have to restart the computer. What's the problem?

Its the problem with this drivers and how mulithreading is handled in Leopard. MikeInIns is working on the solutions and testing new drivers. Just wait for the release.

Its the problem with this drivers and how mulithreading is handled in Leopard. MikeInIns is working on the solutions and testing new drivers. Just wait for the release.

ok thanks :rolleyes: for what concern my video card, can i do something?

I reinstalled Tiger with the intention of updating to Leopard and then running the post patch from another install of Tiger. When I boot the computer the dvd spins a little, but goes straight to the boot for resident OS. I spam F8, but no luck. The cmputer goes straight to the gray screen telling me to shut down and reboot. The happens with both the Tiger and Leopard DVDs.

How can I get the DVD to boot and load before the HD again. Help!

Later,

Gator

I reinstalled Tiger with the intention of updating to Leopard and then running the post patch from another install of Tiger. When I boot the computer the dvd spins a little, but goes straight to the boot for resident OS. I spam F8, but no luck. The cmputer goes straight to the gray screen telling me to shut down and reboot. The happens with both the Tiger and Leopard DVDs.

How can I get the DVD to boot and load before the HD again. Help!

Later,

Gator

You need to change the boot order of your hard drive in the BIOS. Put the one which is automatically booting to anything but first and your DVD will boot.

You need to change the boot order of your hard drive in the BIOS. Put the one which is automatically booting to anything but first and your DVD will boot.

can you reply me?

then, when i use some applications that use the quartz extreme, also xbench or imovie, the appz crash...why???

can you reply me?

then, when i use some applications that use the quartz extreme, also xbench or imovie, the appz crash...why???

I guess macdotnub can help you. You might have to edit your Geoforce.kext's info.plist file and change your device id in IOPCIMatch. I dont know what is the device id for your specific card. Ask macdotnub in the 8800 thread.

i have edited the info.plist of the files but my video card is recognized as unknown nvidia of 256mb and i have the qe/ci enabled...but when i try to open imovie it crash..

Can you tell me if the installer of mac.nub, does function on leopard?

I installed macdotnubs nvinject for leopard. I basically followed netrollers guide and changed it to my own IOPCIMatch. Moved NVDAResman.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/backup. Changed NVDANV50Hal.kext, GeForce.kext, and NVDAResman.kext with the IOPCIMATCH string to 0x019410de. Then I did a "sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions ; sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions" "sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext". Start up Marvin's amd utility select the option patch all binaries and select the /System/Library/Extensions/backup folder which should only have NVDAResman.kext with the editted IOPCImatch, patch it and it should give u an error message or something but doesnt matter as long as a cpuid file is created in an amd folder on ur desktop. Cpuid file should be created and then go to the selection in marvin's amd utility called patch all cpuids using cpuid file and uncheck simulation mode. In select cpuid file: locate the cpuid file on the desktop, it should have created a new folder when u first patched it and select the /System/Library/Extensions/backup again in the column "select a directory to be patched". I got errors when patching the amd utility mainly because I didn't repair permissions before in the backup folder. So remember to fix ur permissions!

Thanks. I had the DVD-Rom booting first, but it still was deferring to the HD. I changed the DVD from slave to master and the HD from master to slave. That seemed to fix the problem.

Thanks again,

Gator

I have tried to use this Guide

But it doesn't work, when trying to boot from my patched Brazilmac DVD he reboots when done loading all kexts. Does anyone knows if it is possible to install Leopard wih EFI on my 860i board ?

I have seen a lot of solutions here, but i don't have the time to do it. I need a easy way to get Leopard installed,

i hope it is possible with EFI :(

Thanks for the help!

Specs:

Asus Striker Extreme (Bios 1305)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 Xtreme (Not supported, as far as i know)

ok, i'm a noob at installing the Mac software to my rig. But I think I have a big problem. I've tried the TOH RC2 release but it just freezes when it says:

mDNSResponder: No such file or directory

Panic (CPU1 caller 0x00121FCE: "wait uu deathlock - wq=0x6370668 cpu=1\n"@/SouceCashe/xnu/xnu-1228/ofsmk/krm/wait_queue.h:169

Debug called: (and so on...)

Then:

Mac OS version:

not installed

Kernel version:

Darwin kernel version 9.0.0........

After this, it just completely freezes.

I have a Asus P5N32-E SLI (680i)

Q6600

6x Sata Drives

1x Ide drive

1x Ide DVD

8800GTS 640

booted with the cpus=0 -x function, but still freezes. Then disconnected all the SATA drives and still freezes. Allway's at this point. I've tried to install the uphuck Tiger, then I get the installation GUI but freezes when tying to format the HDD to HFS journaled.

I just don't know what to do anymore! Can someone please help me?!

ok, i'm a noob at installing the Mac software to my rig. But I think I have a big problem. I've tried the TOH RC2 release but it just freezes when it says:

mDNSResponder: No such file or directory

Panic (CPU1 caller 0x00121FCE: "wait uu deathlock - wq=0x6370668 cpu=1\n"@/SouceCashe/xnu/xnu-1228/ofsmk/krm/wait_queue.h:169

Debug called: (and so on...)

Then:

Mac OS version:

not installed

Kernel version:

Darwin kernel version 9.0.0........

After this, it just completely freezes.

I have a Asus P5N32-E SLI (680i)

Q6600

6x Sata Drives

1x Ide drive

1x Ide DVD

8800GTS 640

booted with the cpus=0 -x function, but still freezes. Then disconnected all the SATA drives and still freezes. Allway's at this point. I've tried to install the uphuck Tiger, then I get the installation GUI but freezes when tying to format the HDD to HFS journaled.

I just don't know what to do anymore! Can someone please help me?!

10.5 installed fine, just disabled my extra cpu cores and extra features

used flags -x -v cpus=1 -legcay platform=OSX86

it takes about 10 - 20 minutes to get the installation screen, and close to 2 hours to install, I used ToH's DVD RC2. then used the post patch - renabled cpu cores and

features. everything works, including except for the lack of QE and Network.

ok, i'm a noob at installing the Mac software to my rig. But I think I have a big problem. I've tried the TOH RC2 release but it just freezes when it says:mDNSResponder: No such file or directoryPanic (CPU1 caller 0x00121FCE: "wait uu deathlock - wq=0x6370668 cpu=1\n"@/SouceCashe/xnu/xnu-1228/ofsmk/krm/wait_queue.h:169Debug called: (and so on...)Then:Mac OS version:not installedKernel version:Darwin kernel version 9.0.0........After this, it just completely freezes.I have a Asus P5N32-E SLI (680i)Q66006x Sata Drives1x Ide drive1x Ide DVD8800GTS 640booted with the cpus=0 -x function, but still freezes. Then disconnected all the SATA drives and still freezes. Allway's at this point. I've tried to install the uphuck Tiger, then I get the installation GUI but freezes when tying to format the HDD to HFS journaled. I just don't know what to do anymore! Can someone please help me?!
What instructions did you follow? When booting the ToH image did you boot it with a core disabled and in safe mode? boot flag? cpus=1 -x -v? Im almost positive thats the prob
leave it alone, its not 680 firendly. just wait for mac.nub to release a leopard build. I'm nearly fed up. I've lost an entire weekend getting leopard to boot properly. for me, it took 20 minutesto get to the installer screen, then nearly 2 hours to install!! just to have it boot only on safe mode,with one cpu. I had to disable my cpus from the bios, wt[expletive]?then a the brazil patch killed my already crippled osx86. there's domething weird about 680ibut as masochistic as it sounds, I want to give it another try.
Mostly everyone in this thread is running perfectly fine with the ToH image. If you have questions ask..