I GOT MY INTEL IMAC TODAY!!!

377 posts in this topic

There is no EFI shell on x86 macs, Apple didn't include that option. Looks like they didn't put in the CSM either.

yeah i got that word too but it's odd because even if EFI doesn't have the CSM, wouldn't at least vista load?? i've been hearing that vista isn't even loading either.....

geez, where is the subscribe to thread on this forum? I have to actually post something to get notification. Anyway, please don't let this thread die kinky guy! Please tell us you actually booted a MS OS in the near future.

geez, where is the subscribe to thread on this forum? I have to actually post something to get notification. Anyway, please don't let this thread die kinky guy! Please tell us you actually booted a MS OS in the near future.

The skin is an incomplete IPB 2.1 skin, it is missing the Option and a few other t hings. You can try 2.1 default if you want subscriptions and other items.

Ati x1x00 family is all supported but I read mactel ATIs have different firmware to communicate with EFI... we'll know soon enough.

This looks decent for $78.00, but only has one review at NewEgg, a very bad one too.

GIGABYTE GV-RX60P256DP Radeon X600PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814125003

Otherwise, there are X550 cards by Asus and MSI for a few bucks cheaper.

Just a quick note.

Someone posted about MCE2005 and the EFI directory. They are wrong...they must have installed a Vista Beta on their system and didn't mention it to us. At least this is what a friend said. I can verify when I get home in an hour though.

Edited by cyrana

okay i just flat out can't boot that cd. maybe it's the cd, i dunno.

so i'm going to try my vista cd, see what happens there. but the mac os x install dvd works! :-(

Just try using the CD on a regular PC (if you have one) to see if it was burned as bootable.

What it an ISO that you downloaded.

Can you upload the "Flash Player.plugin" located in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins. It is freeware so it doesn't violate the warez policy. Thanks

Neah, macromedia will fix is in a matter of months afaik (you want firefox, rite? :D )

Still waiting for ATSServer framework (somewhere above posted the path)

Hey kinkadius! you should try the trick with Freedos, which has been given in this topic: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...pic=6700&st=100

ur computer guy at school has xp running on his new imac he said you need to mac a partition on your imac's drive clone over the freedos install cd then mac another then in osx select the folder that says unknown then it will start free dos from there you put the xp disk in the drive and go to the i386 directory and install it. When you reboot you will be in osx again then you select windows as your startup disk and it completes the install. He says you have to boot osx first then you can run windows after making it your start disc

Let me "split" the sentence so you can read:

1- make partitions on your imac's harddrive (one HFS+ and one FAT32)

2- install MacOS on the HFS+ partition

3- install FreeDOS on the second partition (don't know how!)

4- boot FreeDOS

5- insert WinXP disc and browse to i386 directory: launch installer (setup?)

6- after first stage, the computer reboots into MacOS

7- use the startup preferences to choose the FAT32 partition as boot disk

8- the install should go on with second stage

then it should work...

THIS IS ONLY A "TRANSLATION" of the sentence above, i haven't tested it! :D

ok, download is slow on free accounts and when I get it (10 min.), i'll post a mirror as soon as i get it uploaded. I hope some of you guys will post a mirror also. Yea, cyrana. forget the default skin was still available. i'll be using that for now on.

Thanks for the downlink kinkadius.

ps. sigxcpu is right. ATSServer would be really nice. thats the only thing running as PPC on my install.

Edited by domino

Hey kinkadius! you should try the trick with Freedos, which has been given in this topic: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...pic=6700&st=100

Let me "split" the sentence so you can read:

1- make partitions on your imac's harddrive (one HFS+ and one FAT32)

2- install MacOS on the HFS+ partition

3- install FreeDOS on the second partition (don't know how!)

4- boot FreeDOS

5- insert WinXP disc and browse to i386 directory: launch installer (setup?)

6- after first stage, the computer reboots into MacOS

7- use the startup preferences to choose the FAT32 partition as boot disk

8- the install should go on with second stage

then it should work...

THIS IS ONLY A "TRANSLATION" of the sentence above, i haven't tested it! :D

OK, i'll give it a shot!

Ok I just got the file...I think I may try my hand at making a torrent, although it wouldn't be available till I am certain no one wants to make a phone call :D Ahh the magic of VoIP! Would I be able to replace my current Geforce kexts with these?

Regarding bless:

how do i do that?

If you insert the MCE 05 cd while OS X is running, go into bash and bless the MCE 05 EFI directory, and then reboot, maybe (just maybe) that could work.

do something like:

bless --mount /Volumes/path_to_mce_05_efi --file /Volumes/path_to_mce_05_efi_boot_file --setboot --nextonly

make sure that you specify both the path to --mount and the path to --file.

Edit: Don't use --nextonly if you want to always reboot from the mce volume. Use --nextonly if you only want the next reboot to be affected.

Edited by wkwk