I GOT MY INTEL IMAC TODAY!!!

377 posts in this topic

Let's hope the ABI didn't changed in 10.4.4

Yeah, that was my next question. I guess we will find out soon enough... otherwise, we may be waiting for 10.4.4 to be "fixed" for BIOS (but some of us have Intel EFI boards, my D945GNTLKR just shipped).

Edited by bofors

Intel doesn't actually ship any EFI-installed boards. They just say their boards support EFI, they still come with BIOS on them I believe (I'm wrong sometimes. :P)

Anyway, Just wait for the OP to get back... :D I don't want to keep deleting extraneous posts just so this thread is manageable.

Edited by cyrana

I believe the cheapest radeon that fully supports QE, CI and open GL is the radeon 9550. I just picked up a 256mb radeon 9550 for $69.00. I have read on these forums that the 9550 is a scaled down 9700 so osx86 picks up the 9700 driver for this card. It works great except for the slight tearing under the mouse pointer when scrolling.

omfg 32 megs of drivers :D

just downloading right now. I will post a trimmed version on rapidshare.

@kinkadius: Also, please can you get ATSServer from 10.4.4? Thanks. The location of the directory is: /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/

Edited by sigxcpu

i'll try the osx install cd. maybe i'll try another windows os? i've got a copy of vista around here....

Try booting with the <option> key held down too, it will be interesting to see how EFI handes this. In PPC/OpenFirmware Macs this would bring up a screen of drives to boot from.

I need a PCI Express card, not AGP.

Which ATI Radeon should I be looking at?

Ati x1x00 family is all supported but I read mactel ATIs have different firmware to communicate with EFI... we'll know soon enough.

Edited by autoy

Just a question. Why does everyone want drivers? I'm not getting that. I'm just excited to see how the duel boot goes.

There is no EFI shell on x86 macs, Apple didn't include that option. Looks like they didn't put in the CSM either.

Did you get your mactel today too?

Just a question. Why does everyone want drivers? I'm not getting that. I'm just excited to see how the duel boot goes.

Did you get your mactel today too?

No, I just know people. hehe. Anyway, let the OP try to boot up properly, everyone. :D

Edited by cyrana

\

yeah? trying that now....

Try booting with the <option> key held down too, it will be interesting to see how EFI handes this. In PPC/OpenFirmware Macs this would bring up a screen of drives to boot from.

yeah i can't boot off that cd alright, but if i hold down c i can boot off the os x install dvd