Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

I never had any trouble to use the EZ backup ports in raid mode - ahci or ide didn´t matter.

two raptor´s on the EZ Backup gave me only 80 points in xbench.

meanwhile I´m booting from a raid0 with a sil3132 card with a xbench of 120 in tiger and unfortunately only 105 in leo (only disk)

Just a quick note, I didn't see any mention of it earlier in the thread:

Makes sure Execute Disable function is ENABLED in BIOS, if you want to boot the vanilla kernel. I've seen guides on the 'net saying to disable it, but it only works for me with

EIST: Disabled

C1E: Disabled

Hyper Path: Disabled

XD function: Enabled.

Using BIOS 2503 with Pentium E2140@2.80

HELLO ANY HAVE TO HELPME WITH LEO 10.5.1 EFI V5.2 KERNEL ORIGINAL.

BUT TIME MACHINE IS FREEZ TO 3,05+-GB OR 536KB COPY OF ANY IDEA?

yes i did that already , but the realtek software asks me to activate the wifi....

is there any bios setting i forgot?

Did you go to System Preferences -> Network?

It should says it found a new network interface and should then be on in the list. Its not called wifi there, just Ethernet (en1 or 2 or 3 etc).

Don't forget to APPLY it.

BiTRiP

*** Online at irc in #p5wdh-osx86 ***

Did you go to System Preferences -> Network?

It should says it found a new network interface and should then be on in the list. Its not called wifi there, just Ethernet (en1 or 2 or 3 etc).

Don't forget to APPLY it.

BiTRiP

*** Online at irc in #p5wdh-osx86 ***

Hi, I'm just wondering what exactly your wifi settings are like. Are the settings in Network Prefrences on Automatic? Are you connecting to a network with WEP? Everytime i try to connect it only stays connected for about a minute, and then disconnects (until i restart my computer). I am using the 8187L driver from the realtek site and have enabled the connection correctly in network prefs. Thanks.

Hi, I'm just wondering what exactly your wifi settings are like. Are the settings in Network Prefrences on Automatic? Are you connecting to a network with WEP? Everytime i try to connect it only stays connected for about a minute, and then disconnects (until i restart my computer). I am using the 8187L driver from the realtek site and have enabled the connection correctly in network prefs. Thanks.

Same problem here.

I've been having problems waking up from sleep in osx lately. Think i'm going to downgrade bios to see if it solves it.

Hmm went back to BIOS 2004 and still problems. Should be running vanilla kernel that's included with the kalyway release so idk what the problem is. Anyone else have this?

Hi, I'm trying to make my Wifi Card work (Mobo ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Processor Intel Core2Duo 5500 2.33Ghz, Video Geforce 7300GT Dual monitor working, 2 Western Digital 160 Gb. HD. System OSX86 10.4.10, Koolkal update from JAS 10.4.8. Runs great!). I'v allready installed the realtek driver (MacOS10.4_Universal_Driver_1.4.5_UI1.4.7.zip) and the utility runs smoothly, but in "Link Status" my card appears as "disconnected" (there's no green light also in the back panel).

Am I missing some configuration? do I have to make some tweaks on the BIOS? or is just that there's no wifi network around?

Anyway i would like to use my hackintosh as an Acces Point, so i can connect my laptop wirelessly, is that possible yet?

Thanks!

Malligno

I've been having problems waking up from sleep in osx lately. Think i'm going to downgrade bios to see if it solves it.

Hmm went back to BIOS 2004 and still problems. Should be running vanilla kernel that's included with the kalyway release so idk what the problem is. Anyone else have this?

I've been having these issues as well, not sure whats going on...

Any news on 10.5.2?

Works great. I already updated to 10.5.2 by following this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87078

Note: You need to backup your existing AppleSMBIOS.kext, ALCinject.kext & AppleHDA.kext before installing the update.

Time machine is still working after the update.

Have not yet tried the Graphics Update, though. :rolleyes:

hi guys am new here but have found very useful information, u guys rock!!!!!

only today did i install iatkos 1.0 on my box (mobo asus p5wdh deluxe) core2duo E6400 o/c 3.0ghz pci-e saphhire x1600 ultimate 256mb,

and eveything worked right-off even, sound!!!. the only problem i have is that i can only boot from the dvd in the drive!!!? how can i make my leopard partion active and bootable seeing that it is annoying to have to use the disk all the time. itried using the darwin boot from the utilities but still nothing!!!!! any help would be dearly appreciated!!!plz pm me or reply in the thread

Question:

Using Kalyway. I select the RealTek wireless from the customize.. but when I install using this option, I lose all of the onboard NIC on the P5W... When I don't install with RealTek it works fine. Anyone know what is going on?

Skip

**Update** I guess when you select the realtek driver from the customize it probably doesn't install the on board NIC driver in the P5W.

Installing 10.5.2 atm, wish me luck. I am going to try the Graphics update as well and see if my FPS in WOW goes up from 30fps to 50fps like in Windows.

picture1mp8.th.jpg

Update went smoothly following the above guide! I'm now at 10.5.2 with the Leopard Graphics Update installed as well! Gotta love this motherboard!

Edit:

WOW is running at 40fps as opposed to 25fps! New drivers are awesome!

Hello all, can someone please give me a very quick runthrough of what they did to get sound working.

I tried http://mckill.ca/?p=24

Quick rundown of what I have and what ive done so far.

Asus P5W DH

Intel Q6600

EVGA 8800gt

I did a clean kalyway install (no options, always got a kernel panic when i tried the options)

did the DEVIN 1.5.2 update

loaded NVinject for graphics

Thanks for all the help!!

Hey guys, i am reading on insanelymac for about 2 or 3 weeks now. And i am trying to install osx on my PC for a while now!

my Hardware:

Asus P5WDH Deluxe

E6600

GF 7950GT

4GB DDR2 Ram

i have the kalyway 10.5.1 and no matter what i try to boot from the DVD it doesnt work!

no difference with using the "vanilla" mode and verbose mode tells me only that the IOATA Bus was not available or something!

Can sb tell me what changes i have to make in my Bios Settings?

thanks