Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

Yes, of course. I'm using it right know, but I don't remember what version :)

I don't know if it worth, but I'm using digital out (SPDIF) connected with reciever and I'm getting only 2 chanells to work.

Cheers :)

EDIT: I don't know how, but I got all 6 chanells working :) Now I can enjoy in HD movies :)

Cheers everyone.

I found a solution to my sleep problem. I used the 9.1.0 Vanilla kernel instead of the 9.1.0 ToH kernel. I really appreciate everyone's help here!

I'm already using the vanilla kernel, but no sleep here. Can you tell us wich configurations have you applied in your bios? thank you very much,

kdm

Do you guys have issues with disutility and/or ejecting your cd drives? My cd drives more often than not refuse to eject and the disk utility occasionally locks up. If you guys have any suggestions feel free to comment.

Cheers everyone.

I found a solution to my sleep problem. I used the 9.1.0 Vanilla kernel instead of the 9.1.0 ToH kernel. I really appreciate everyone's help here!

***Update fixed it, i plugged the keyboard into the front port of my p5w and it woke up fine. It has something to do with the back usb ports. Will test more****

Hey Stronzo, I have had great success with my p5w running vanilla 10.5.1 on guid efi v8, but the only thing is my sleep only works with my power button, I can't get it to work with my usb keyboard. Wake works perfectly with power button but when I hit the usb keyboard or the mouse the screens stay black and the fire wire light on my sound card comes on then off. So it wants to wake up but something is stopping it.

*Update, I can put it to sleep and then insert a usb thumb drive and it wakes up! So I have no idea why the usb keyboard will not wake it up properly

I have tried every possible bios setting, so now I'm wondering if it's kext thang.

any ideas?

how do you guys get sleep/wake to work? I use a PS/2 keyboard, i can wake up my system only with the power button, everything will show up, but it just freezed

By the way, here're my xbench result after i upgraded to 8gb ram and oc'ed my quad to 3.24ghz:

picture2sh6.png

picture3sh7.png

"how do you guys get sleep/wake to work? I use a PS/2 keyboard, i can wake up my system only with the power button, everything will show up, but it just freezed

By the way, here're my xbench result after i upgraded to 8gb ram and oc'ed my quad to 3.24ghz:"

***edit I just realized you use a ps2 keyboard(duhh), I'll try and see if a bios setting will work, although I don't think mac programs their computers to wake from ps2****

I plugged my keyboard into the front usb and then it would wake up. I thought it would only wake up from the power button too, but then I would plug in a thumb drive in the front and it came on. I have no idea why the back usb ports aren't waking it

So what's the scoop on onboard wifi? Some people say they have it working flawlessly with the realtek 8187 drivers, others say it is very unreliable. I unfortunately tried out the realtek drivers to find out that my network would endlessly disconnect a few moments after i connect. Can anybody tell me or point me in the right direction to finally get my wifi working? Thanks in advance

So what's the scoop on onboard wifi? Some people say they have it working flawlessly with the realtek 8187 drivers, others say it is very unreliable. I unfortunately tried out the realtek drivers to find out that my network would endlessly disconnect a few moments after i connect. Can anybody tell me or point me in the right direction to finally get my wifi working? Thanks in advance

Well I have been trying to get wireless working on P5W DH Deluxe. It is not easy. I really don't need it but I'm up for the challenge. I finally got signal showing in the realtek utility but no luck connecting to the internet or having it show up in my other network lists on my other macs. Here is a pick and I'm working with a friend on the irc. He'll help me tommorow.

post-97746-1200035024_thumb.png

I did what you said OneMansTrash and I plugged my G15 Keyboard to the front USB and low and behold, WAKING FROM SLEEP WORKED! I dont have a need to push the power button ever again! Thanks for your discovery!

Does anyone know how to get the 4th Master (The Orange SATA) to show up in Leopard? Thanks!
. . shut down & unplug from the mains; remove all jumpers controlling the 'EZ-Backup' IC.

Restart & the LH orange SATA works as the 4th ICH7-R port.

(the EZ-Backup' thingie is a Silicon Image 'Steelvine' SATA-splitter: removing the jumpers disables it)

does anyone else have the problem that the sata drives are recognized as external ones (orange icons). someone has a fix for that?

i am using leopard 10.5.1 with efi 5 patch

I have this same problem too. I believe the reason for it is because you are using a chipset driver that properly detects the ICH7-R. I remember installing Leopard on my machine with the Kalyway Bootable CD + the ToH RC2 DVD and didnt have this problem. Now I'm using the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD and I have this problem. With ToH RC2, the SATA controller comes up as a 'Generic AHCI Controller' whereas with the Kalyway 10.5.1 it properly detects as an 'Intel ICH7-R' because there is an eSATA connector on board.

I would like to stop my system from detecting the SATA disks as external too, but I don't want to get away from using the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD either.

Does anyone know if the EZBackup or other RAID options work? How would I set them up? Which is better?

Edit: Ok, so I setup my drives on the EZBackup cuz I had no idea where to start with the ICH7R. Here are my XBench scores for both tests:

picture1ho8.jpg

picture2yl1.jpg

Are these scores good? How could I improve my setup further?

Hi sorry to bother,but i have a problem.Ihope you can help me,i tried almost every release of patched Leopards(Toh,Kalyway,Iatkos),during the installation and disk utility everithing goes well but when trying to boot the installation it simply doesn´t work,it just retsrarts after showing the ˝Loading Darwin˝ message or it sas that the HFS file is missing.I did everything exactly by the guides made a MBR made it bootable and it still doesn´t work.PLease help

NOTE:The only thing i managed is to install a 10.4.9 Uphuck Tiger

My configuration is:

P5WDH Deluxe(firmware 2406)

Intel Core 2 DuoE4500@2.2

2x1gb PQI DDR2-800

Asus EN7300GT

AND A WD 500GB SATA HDD

LG DVD-Dl SATA

Alright, I have one more issue. I have my 2 drives setup in a raid, but the IDE Configuration settings are set to Standard IDE. Whenever I change it to AHCI, I get this screen:

img0020xq9.jpg

Does anyone know how to get AHCI working on the EZBackup? Should I switch to ICH7R? What ports control the ICH7R Raid?

Alexlyc: your score without Disktest is amazing. Very nice. But there must be something wrong with your disk config because it slow it down very much.

Your diskscore is 56 which is not very fast...

BiTRiP

*** Online at irc in #p5wdh-osx86 ***