Asus P5W DH Deluxe thread for 10.5.x Leo - 10.9.x Mavericks

G5rocks

1,494 posts in this topic

I got audio to work. Still need to try the network drivers. So far so good :wacko:

does any1 have the drivers for the infrared? Would be great since I have one extra apple remote.

I'm having a problem with my dvd burner. Intermittently it will lose its connection with OSX. Toast, finder, parallels, etc will not be able to find it. I currently have a SATA dvd drive (pioneer). Is it related to my IDE sata kexts? Any help would be great its annoying that I need to restart my computer to burn a dvd sometimes.

Hey Guys, I had a quick question has anyone bought one of these "Open Box" from Newegg? If so did it come with all of the necessary cables? There $129 Open Box which sound like a steal but it would be pretty worthless to have if it just came with the mobo no cables, router nothing lol. Thanks in advanced for your help :-)

BTW Heres the Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...82E16813131025R

I bought two of them open box, separate orders, several months in between, and both of them appeared to be new/sealed. All the components were included and the boards worked fine. This is just my experience, but I did take the New Egg Open Box gamble and wound up fine.

Hi,

I'm having trouble updating Leopard from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2. I'm using THIS guide.

During the install I got kernel panic...

I'm using vanilla kernel and pc_efi_v80 (MBR partition scheme), so what I'm doing wrong?

I'd appreciate if someone could help me :whistle:

I just ordered the open box one last week and all i got was the motherboard, no back cover for the mobo, no cables , no manual and so on, just the mobo........

So let me know what you get, because if you get more than me im going to talk to newegg and see what the hell is going on....

I just ordered the open box one last week and all i got was the motherboard, no back cover for the mobo, no cables , no manual and so on, just the mobo........

So let me know what you get, because if you get more than me im going to talk to newegg and see what the hell is going on....

I really wish you would have told me that yesterday :unsure:... Oh well guess Ill have to wait and see what I get. If it doesnt come with anything Ill just send it back with the GPU I ordered (Geforce 9600GT) and buy one new... I guess its luck of the draw (Im not sure if I'm feeling that lucky :o)

~Fingers still crossed lol

Yeah I guess I just got lucky. But NewEgg has great reputation and I've been using them since about 2001. You might be able to snag an I/O panel on eBay for cheap, but the rest of the stuff probably isn't even necessary.

In fact if you need, I have extra accessories from a P5W DH Deluxe (I ended up RMA'ing one, and all they wanted back was the main board, not the accessories) so let me know and we can maybe set up a deal.

Yeah I guess I just got lucky. But NewEgg has great reputation and I've been using them since about 2001. You might be able to snag an I/O panel on eBay for cheap, but the rest of the stuff probably isn't even necessary.

In fact if you need, I have extra accessories from a P5W DH Deluxe (I ended up RMA'ing one, and all they wanted back was the main board, not the accessories) so let me know and we can maybe set up a deal.

The Package should arrive tomorrow so I'll know for sure then. If I don't get the accessories ill PM you and we can discuss terms.. but as for now fingers still crossed :)

Just got the package and the Mobo didn't come with any accessories:( thefinalprophecy check your PM

Hi,

I'm having trouble updating Leopard from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2. I'm using THIS guide.

During the install I got kernel panic...

I'm using vanilla kernel and pc_efi_v80 (MBR partition scheme), so what I'm doing wrong?

I'd appreciate if someone could help me :)

Anybody??

I never got a reply back from you via PM just so you know. I have the accessories standing by whenever you decide you want them. Again, you can have the entire retail package minus the motherboard cuz I already have a "spare" set of p5w accessories.

Just wanted to thank everyone for this thread you helped me get my machine up and running without any real problems

Running 10.5.2 Vanilla Kernel and Vista in Parallels 3.0 Desktop

How did you install 10.5.2 with Vanilla kernel?

Not sure if this is where to post since i'm new here. I can't get the Firewire ports to function

I have IEEE1394 enabled in Bios. Also system profiler sees whatever i plug in however nothing mounts.

Disk Utility does not see any drives that aren't mounted either.

Is there something else in bios i have to change?

I used Kalway 10.5.2 disc to install leopard.

Also can't get LAN to work but i'm more concerned about firewire.

Anybody??

Are you starting off with 10.5 and going to 10.5.1 and then 10.5.2? I used (a disk image of) the regular retail dvd for Leopard 10.5 and went straight to 10.5.2 (using the Combo-updater) with this guide as my roadmap. Works great!

On my Asus P5W, it is running perfectly AND with full graphics, sound and networking, although you may need to search other threads for the right kexts for those 3 items. Good luck!

PS: I used Kalyway, Leo4All and iATKOS and this vanilla install is by far the best...and fastest.

Are you starting off with 10.5 and going to 10.5.1 and then 10.5.2? I used (a disk image of) the regular retail dvd for Leopard 10.5 and went straight to 10.5.2 (using the Combo-updater) with this guide as my roadmap. Works great!

On my Asus P5W, it is running perfectly AND with full graphics, sound and networking, although you may need to search other threads for the right kexts for those 3 items. Good luck!

PS: I used Kalyway, Leo4All and iATKOS and this vanilla install is by far the best...and fastest.

I tried both, first from 10.5 directly to 10.5.2. When this didn't work, I tried 10.5 -> 10.5.1 -> 10.5.2, but that didn't work either. I used retail patched dvd of Leopard 10.5.

The link 'this guide' is broken. Did you use this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=10.5.2+update ?

I have all the kexts, so there's no problem.

I tried both, first from 10.5 directly to 10.5.2. When this didn't work, I tried 10.5 -> 10.5.1 -> 10.5.2, but that didn't work either. I used retail patched dvd of Leopard 10.5.

The link 'this guide' is broken. Did you use this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...l=10.5.2+update ?

I have all the kexts, so there's no problem.

Ah, I see that link didn't work. This guide (and I tried 5 or 6 of them here with various results) seems to be the easiest and gave me the best results:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ASUS+P5W+retail

I have a 99% pure install that has not given me a single error! Good Luck.