Official Unofficial Cider Game thread

Suzuka

243 posts in this topic

I've been playing around with the different versions of the cider engine to see if I can get Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 to run with the wild add-on. The farthest I've gotten is right before the main menu where it crashes back to the desktop.

Has anyone attempted to get this game to run?

Terry

Hello, i just ported silent hill 2 to my mac mini core 2 duo, whit crossover and cider from COH, but i can only see the james, everything else is just white i tried change pixel shaders from 2 to 1 etc,etc WHAT I DO WRONG...and everybody tried silent hill 3??????

Work:

My Cider Ports

The Chronicles of Riddick - Intagrated video not supported!!!

Enclave - on some macs on 3 level problems

Silent Hill 2 - shadows off

Serious Sam 2 - full

Painkiller + addon - full (but on ATI x1600 not work)

The Guild 2 - full

Stak Wars: KOTOR II - full (GMA 950 Worked)

And other small games ;)

jalomeiro

SH2 work fine without shadows

SH3 don't work =(

try to go in contents>resources>preferences and in config try to set the fullscreen=1 maybe it make a full full screen...

to get this work you have to delete preferences from folder of mac macintosh hd>library>preferences... you know the way.

hi!

i'm trying to build .reg files of Medieval 2 total war... using this http://itsallmac.com/blog/2007/09/10/how-t...mes-to-mac-osx/

but when i do this:

3. Open Regedit.app/ Contents/MacOS folder

4. Drag Cider to terminal

5. Write regedit after Cider (in terminal) press Enter

terminal show me: file attachment...

and i attach too the file of medieval 2> game.reg...

can anybody help me?

thanks!

EDIT: ok.. lacked the regedit.exe in c_drive>windows folder but after do this the terminal show me the 2nd attachment

post-178316-1231013345_thumb.png

medieval_2_game.reg.zip

post-178316-1231013898_thumb.png

diafebus

Try install game into Crossover, then go to /%User%/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/%Game Bottle%/

system.reg and user.reg - registry files. Open it in TextEdit. Find Game in this files and copy text to system.reg and user.reg in you Cider.app (Contents/Resources/Preferences)

well i just downloaded silent hill 3 and....... well i get a message saying "the game is not properly installed" but i do the same steps whit silent hill 2, why???? any ideas P.D this game don't run on crossover, just the icon on my dock but....dont even jump.... any ideas???????

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone try StarWars Battlefront I (1). I know there is a PowerPC Game

but it doesn't work on my MacBook Pro. And the Cider Version has a CD Problem.

On normal Windows it starts without CD with a gamecopyworld patch. With Cider and this patch

it shows "Please insert CD", even with my orginal CD. What should I do??

EDIT:"Found a solution."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I request either Red Alert 2 or Tiberium Sun (Firestorm expansion also)? And no that's not a typo, I want the old games ;)

I'll give it a try tomorrow but I figured I'd try a request from the guys that are pro at this now.

Edit: watched the Cider tutorial video from the December pack on BS. Any reason why older games would not work? Like I said, I'll give it a try tomorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...