Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

To everybody having trouble with the DSDT method. You have to find the address of you're vid card in IORegistryExplorer. Mine was PCI0.

Then you find the corresponding address in DSDT and add Bronya's stuff.

If you're having trouble just use natit instead. It's not that important.

m.png

in the explorer it says "pci-bridge" sounds wrong doesn't it ?

Does anyone have QE/CI working in SL 10.6.1? If so, what steps did you take beyond Bronya's load.command?

I think I have QE working in 10.6.1 and all I did was run load. Before running Bronya's load.command, when I tried to run iMovie it would fail saying it can't run without QE. Now with Bronya's drivers installed, I can run iMovie. On the other hand, System Profiler doesn't list QE under the Dislay specs, I'm pretty sure it did under 10.5. But I don't really care, so long as things work.

Why don't you think you have it working?

I think I have QE working in 10.6.1 and all I did was run load. Before running Bronya's load.command, when I tried to run iMovie it would fail saying it can't run without QE. Now with Bronya's drivers installed, I can run iMovie. On the other hand, System Profiler doesn't list QE under the Dislay specs, I'm pretty sure it did under 10.5. But I don't really care, so long as things work.

Why don't you think you have it working?

It's pretty easy to tell if it's not working -- the menubar is not translucent, there is no ripple effect when adding a dashboard widget, and various programs don't load.

Hmm, I've now added my DSDT and re-ran load.command (without natit) and magically, QE is on. No changes otherwise.

ballsmag, when you say you re-ran load without natit, do you mean you removed natit.kext from the folder that load.command runs from?

Also, what's the benefit of using DSDT instead of natit - system boot time?

ballsmag, when you say you re-ran load without natit, do you mean you removed natit.kext from the folder that load.command runs from?

Also, what's the benefit of using DSDT instead of natit - system boot time?

I removed natit from S/L/E and removed it from the line that copies it to S/L/E from load.command (and cleared the kext cache).

Assuming you have QE/CI already, there may be no tangible benefit over using natit. I just have an obsessive compulsion to get a perfect compatible system, with the extra motivator that QE was not working.

Hi all,

I have an ATI x1950GT 256Mb SAPPHIRE and I have Snow Leopard GM so that drivers doesn't works for me right. Any way I try but nothing. I'm using your driver for Leopard 10.5.6 and Ihave QE CI but no sleep, well when i resume from sleep i Have blinking desktop and i Can see only a quarter blinking. so no usable.

Any ideas for SL and for L?

I have a perfect working graphic in SL now although just for 32bit kernel :) ...

The solution is using Leo kext with SL, good thing that they works..

Do as I did:

In SL remove these kext:

ATI1900Controller.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

ATISupport.kext

And put these kext from Leo to SL:

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRNDRV.kext

(In leo these kext are framebuffer and in SL they have replaced by 1 kext ATIframbuffer..)

Once you have checked your sys profile and extensions look for what framebuffer that is used for the card at (ATY_)

My ati x1950xt using ATY_Alopias and so should yours... You can find that kext inside ATINDRV.kext PlugIns so you don't have to use the hole ATINDRV.kext but that is your choice it doesn't matter witch way..

The other SL for Ati is still stock like ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle and that what everyone want to use as many stock kext as possible so no need to edit them etc.. anyway...

Now I just added my dev id to the info.plist inside ATIRadeonX1000.kext and Boom it worked with both QE/CI and resolution.. :) non binary add though..

That is all what I'v got for now..

Btw you know that u have to rebuild mkext etc once you have removed some kext and installed some new one and it has to bee done from SL otherwise kp.. Good luck..

I hope someone have better solution and maybe we can use SL stock framebuffer and 64bit kernel too later on..

What´s aobout natit ? In my Leopard the ati 1950 XT needs natit.kext to run

Greetings !

gary

Hi all,

I have an ATI x1950GT 256Mb SAPPHIRE and I have Snow Leopard GM so that drivers doesn't works for me right. Any way I try but nothing. I'm using your driver for Leopard 10.5.6 and Ihave QE CI but no sleep, well when i resume from sleep i Have blinking desktop and i Can see only a quarter blinking. so no usable.

Sorry , should work !

Hi,

so I try again with my card and now seems like system take kext, I say this cause in System Profile under Graphic card I have no more No kext loaded and exposè seems go smoothly (before no), but I don't have the line in sys profile with QE e CI:

Tipo:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 Larghezza Lane PCIe:	x16
 VRAM (totale):	256 MB
 Fornitore:	ATI (0x1002)
 ID dispositivo:	0x7288
 ID revisione:	0x0000
 Monitor:
Monitor:
 Risoluzione:	1400 x 1050
 Profondità pixel:	Colore 32 bit (ARGB8888)
 Monitor principale:	Sì
 Mirror:	Spento
 Online:	Sì

I set resolution in apple.boot.plist setting resolution to 1920x1080x32@75 but, as you can see above, I have 1400x1050 do you know why ?

ANy ideas for QE CI not seen and resolution???

The kext in Sys Prof Extensions is loaded...

Hi,

so I try again with my card and now seems like system take kext, I say this cause in System Profile under Graphic card I have no more No kext loaded and exposè seems go smoothly (before no), but I don't have the line in sys profile with QE e CI:

Tipo:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 Larghezza Lane PCIe:	x16
 VRAM (totale):	256 MB
 Fornitore:	ATI (0x1002)
 ID dispositivo:	0x7288
 ID revisione:	0x0000
 Monitor:
Monitor:
 Risoluzione:	1400 x 1050
 Profondità pixel:	Colore 32 bit (ARGB8888)
 Monitor principale:	Sì
 Mirror:	Spento
 Online:	Sì

I set resolution in apple.boot.plist setting resolution to 1920x1080x32@75 but, as you can see above, I have 1400x1050 do you know why ?

ANy ideas for QE CI not seen and resolution???

The kext in Sys Prof Extensions is loaded...

You should install driver from folder 7288, etc your id 7288 . And after reboot you should write -f -v .

Hi Bronya..can you help me?!...I have a Sapphire x1950 pro 512mb gddr3 ID 0x7280...I installed ideneb 10.5.6 with only this settings:

Patches 10.5.6 ready:

- Audio: CMI8738

- Chipset: ICHx Fixed

- Kernel: 9.5.0 Voodoo (...ma ho anche provato il 9.2.0 Speedstep e gira!)

- Network: Nulla

- Fix: Nulla

- Video: Nulla

- Applications: Efistudio, Kext helper, Osx86Tools, Pacifist

...after installation i used your driver...but when reboot...blue screen...what can i do!?

hi, i'm having a problem with my video card. it's a x1950pro, id 7280. i have installed Iatkos 7, everything works fine, audio, lan, but i tried everything, and all the drivers, from 10.5.2 to 10.5.7, after booting the screen remains blank. what can i do? i reinstalled the system 30 times i guess, it worked once, i managed to see the translucent bar, resolution also, 1920x1200 on my samsung t240, only on vga, not dvi. i use the adapter from dvi-vga. after restart the screen remained blang again, should i try to update to 1.5.8? then try the right driver? please help!

Can someone confirm this issue?

When I drag a window in MacOS X desktop there is a mouse lag between the window itself and the mouse cursor which increases as move down in the Y axis.

It does happen in both 10.4.11 and 10.6.1 and with both hdmi and vga cables.

Curiously when you use MacOS X zooming function, the mouse lag dissapears, but then appears again as soon as you return to 1 : 1 view.

Any idea Bronya?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone confirm this issue?

When I drag a window in MacOS X desktop there is a mouse lag between the window itself and the mouse cursor which increases as move down in the Y axis.

It does happen in both 10.4.11 and 10.6.1 and with both hdmi and vga cables.

Curiously when you use MacOS X zooming function, the mouse lag dissapears, but then appears again as soon as you return to 1 : 1 view.

Any idea Bronya?

Thanks in advance.

CONFIRMED.

In zoom mode the above effect is not visible maybe because the cursors is not the hardware one but a screen buffer image copied and scaled.

CONFIRMED.

In zoom mode the above effect is not visible maybe because the cursors is not the hardware one but a screen buffer image copied and scaled.

Now, if only someone ever get a way to solve it.

I had similar issues with nvidia cards but it could be solved by connecting the monitor to the second port or creating a 100% correct nvcap value, but I have no clue about if this issue happens to have the same cause in x1950.

I made but situation doesn't change? I have an aml file made with the dsdt patcher is this the problem maybe?

Hello,

I just install snow leopad and I hav exacty the same issue than Mikfaina.

Mikfaina : Did you found any solution?

Resum of current isssue :

Hi all,