Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

@[idkfa]:

Don't get that, get the x1950xt instead. much better card for same price or less.

:rolleyes:

@R0GUE:

Try playing around with different Natits, Bronya has posted a couple in this thread.

Srry I can't help you more, as I don't have a x1950pro

Thanks. I guess the x1950 XT do work with OSX86?

well this x1950XT card is only $10 more than the HIS you showed me,

and don't forget the card you showed me is an Open box item( meaning It has been opened ).

Whereas the card I show you is new and is a much better performer than the x1950pro.

If you insist on buying the pro, some people have said their card is fully functioning.

Bronya is still working on getting the pro to work 100%.

well this x1950XT card is only $10 more than the HIS you showed me,

and don't forget the card you showed me is an Open box item( meaning It has been opened ).

Whereas the card I show you is new and is a much better performer than the x1950pro.

If you insist on buying the pro, some people have said their card is fully functioning.

Bronya is still working on getting the pro to work 100%.

Sure, I'd love to get the XT, but AFAIK Newegg doesn't ship to Germany (and I don't have a credit card, so international payments will be like 20€ extra fee), and over here XTs are like 50-150€ more than a Pro. Again, I'd order from some German store, not from Newegg, so that Link I gave you was just so you could see the card.

But still, thanks again for recommending the XT. I'm still looking for a store having it (or maybe even from eBay), but in case I do need alternatives :(

Edit: Problem solved, see post #258 below.

Hi, I have a Eax x1950pro 256MB Asus PCI-E running on a Asus P5B vanilla board, Core Duo E6300. I installed using Uphuck 1.4i R2 (Don't ask me how on my frustrating P5B board, thats another story) I selected the Jccools driver during the installation. I read this thread and downloaded the x1950 pro dmg installer and Installed. rebooted and system profiler is still showing CI and QE unsupported. I have read this thread multiple times and am unable to find a solution. Can anyone help. Also it will be helpful if posters on this thread specified their card models with PCI-E and AGP mentioned to make it easier to understand which solution to try.

One more question, should I have selected the x1x00 driver from Uphuck's 1.4I r2 dvd instead of Jccool's one? Thanks.

Edit: Have an LCD panel with VGA out, connecting to card with adapter provided by Asus in the EAX x1950 pro box. Jccools driver seems to work without issue, only lack of CI and QE.

I feel the main problem with this thread is Bronya and Scrizz are trying their best to help other users but because of lack of clarity and the myriad issues in the questions there is too much confusion. Maybe we can have an edit/update on page 1 with specific solutions for

1. X1950 PRO Only.

a. X1950 PRO 256MB PCI-E

b. x1950 PRO 256MB AGP

c. X1950 PRO 512MB PCI-E

d. X1950 PRO 512MB AGP

2 X1950 PRO GT Versions Only

(I don't know much about this model ie PCI-E/AGP/256MB)

3. Clarifications about mouse tearing and resolution support. Hope this helps and even though there is confusion a great job getting this going.

Got tired of updating the old post. Another thing that is confusing is some people are getting it work by leaving Jccool's ATINDRV.kext, and using Bronya's files from post 1 but without the ATINDRV.kext. Others are getting it to work replacing all ATI files with Bronya's files in extensions folder including ATINDRV.kext. Yet others are referring to a zip package called Dmitri_Edited.zip to get it working, this is not the same package posted by Bronya in post 1 and is missing ATIX1000GL bundle. Then there is confusion about DVI, DVI Dual Screen, DVI-VGA, mouse tearing, resolution support and what version of drivers works for what.

Then there are references to Natit.kext and Natit_Alopias.kext and other files. Then there are new files for 10.4.10, these will not work for 10.4.9. And there is also an installer by Pion which I tried and that didn't work

I do not want to detract from the tremendous effort made by the community to get the drivers out and support new users in the forums, I can understand the confusion and the sheer amount of work it takes to support complicated hardware like video cards perfectly across different configurations in a totally unsupported environment which is an achievement in itself. But It will be great if we can clarify all this for new users and for people like me who are struggling after a very touch to install process of osx86 itself, and trying to get their x1950pro video cards working with CI and QE. Thanks a ton.

Ok, I am having a conversation with myself.

I have finally got CI and QE to work by following Bronya's post 1 EXACTLY as he wrote. My card is Asus EAX X1950 PRO 256MB PCI-E connected via DVI-VGA adapter to a 17inch no name LCD panel.

A bit tired now after managing to install on my Asus P5B board and getting everything to work after 5 days with the UPhuck 1.4IR2 release.

A few things to note:

1. I am getting mouse tearing. Resolution is at 1024x768, can't change it from 'Display' in control panel, has only one resolution option. Will try to figure both of this out after a short break. Help appreciated.

2. I am getting this error on boot when ATI is loading but this doesn't stop the screen from loading and OSX boots just fine. 'IGFX: Family specific matching fails'. Could kext cache/mkext have anything to do with this? I did the permissions and kextcache thing after installing the new extensions. Any ideas how to fix these?

3. I had Jccools installed before and had resolution support. Was working flawlessly but for CI and QE support.

4. The Pion installer from this forum thread didn't work for me. Loaded allright but no CI and QE support.

5. I am using DVI-VGA adapter.

Cheers!

Hi raulb,

I perfectly understand where you are coming from, I feel like I've been on a rollercoaster ride with this thread ;) However, I would suggest that once a complete solution becomes available Broyna updates his original post reflecting all of the information contained within this thread.

To me it would seem that AGP Sapphire 512Mb X1950 Pro's with device id 0x72801002 are a no go as far as CI/QE are concerned. PCI-e versions of the card - particularly the 256Mb versions - seem to have more success.

tried 10.4.8? :(

I'm not a genius or anything like it; I'm just trying to help.

Wish i knew more about macs

Hi, Scrizz

I still can get DVI work on ATI, 1950 or 2600.

So I back to Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT, with Natit it works very well on DVI out.

Thank you very much for your help.

For me now works QE/CI on DVI through natit_wormy.kext!

If to connect two monitors the signal through DVI will work, and the monitor shows!

I wish to inform you, that I do not have time to correct a machine code in natit_alopias that worked QE/CI! It is necessary dump.txt!

It is a pity, I temporarily close this theme, good-bye...

-_-:(

Bronya,

its a bit unfortunate that you don't give hints how you made it working... so at least everyone can benefit - instead you saying i have it working, but can support on it anymore - good-bye.

We all appreciate your hard work on this - it would be fab if you at least could let us know how to pick up the work from here - that if you want that...

daz

ROGUE, this aty_alopias.kext new corrected !

Natit.kext same, but edit info.plist !

Soon link :)

P.S.Tomorrow a link! Because I should check up...

Great!

I look forward to testing out your good work.

Thank Bronya for your help, I just install your new driver with my Sapphire X1950 PRO 512MB PCIe, seem everything work fine

except QE/CI and I already try all solution on this tread but still have no luck. So can help me a little bit more, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.